How to prevent fainting...

pdigs

i have no problem pining myself. the problem i have is about 2mins after i get kinda woosy and have to sit down for like 20-30mins before i can get up. my doctor said that fainting is mostly due to high adreniline, but i duno.
is there anything i can eat/drink before hand to prevent feeling fainty? or any routines? i though maybe jerking off would help

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
It's called a vasovagal reaction. Usually happens in response to some shocking event. In your case, you have a phobia of needles whether you know it or not. But sometimes, people standing upright can suddenly tip over and faint too as blood pools in their feet -- you can find videos on Youtube of that happening to people giving speeches, etc.

It's due to a drop in blood pressure.... enough to cut off blood to the brain to the point it renders unconsciousness. Sometimes you don't feel it coming because it's so fast. It's like getting choked out in MMA, you're fighting the choke one second, then the next you're out.

Blood pressure is in part maintained by blood volume (i.e water content). Drink a lot of water 20 minutes before you pin.... this should help keep blood pressure up. And sit down when you do it. If it's really bad, then lie down with your feet propped up on some pillows or something while pinning.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's called a vasovagal reaction. Usually happens in response to some shocking event. In your case, you have a phobia of needles whether you know it or not. But sometimes, people standing upright can suddenly tip over and faint too as blood pools in their feet -- you can find videos on Youtube of that happening to people giving speeches, etc.

It's due to a drop in blood pressure.... enough to cut off blood to the brain to the point it renders unconsciousness. Sometimes you don't feel it coming because it's so fast. It's like getting choked out in MMA, you're fighting the choke one second, then the next you're out.

Blood pressure is in part maintained by blood volume (i.e water content). Drink a lot of water 20 minutes before you pin.... this should help keep blood pressure up. And sit down when you do it. If it's really bad, then lie down with your feet propped up on some pillows or something while pinning.
that post deserves reps, i did not know any of that:goodpost:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

nice, if all your posts are this well informed and developed, you have my ears!....er....eyes! Reps, I agree with unreal

partyman43

partyman43

Awards
  • Established

Interesting....I have a problem with needles as well. If I don't eat or drink anything around the time of receiving a needle...I either get close to passing out or I pass out.
It all started after a surgery I had in high school. I got my thumb stuck in the fan belt of a car(I know...stupid idea) and had to have surgeries to repair a cut tendon. The first surgery was really no ploblem(to repair tendon), but the second one got me(fainted imidiatley after the local wore off). The pain was a killer...of coures all my severed nerve endings had healed by the time off the second sugery!
Ever since that day I have the ability sometimes to faint or pass out from some needle pain:fool2:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Interesting....I have a problem with needles as well. If I don't eat or drink anything around the time of receiving a needle...I either get close to passing out or I pass out.
It all started after a surgery I had in high school. I got my thumb stuck in the fan belt of a car(I know...stupid idea) and had to have surgeries to repair a cut tendon. The first surgery was really no ploblem(to repair tendon), but the second one got me(fainted imidiatley after the local wore off). The pain was a killer...of coures all my severed nerve endings had healed by the time off the second sugery!
Ever since that day I have the ability sometimes to faint or pass out from some needle pain:fool2:

actually I used to be scared to death of needles. I would run screaming like a lil girl...then I started giving blood....doesnt bother me so much. Especially an injection into the quads and such. Mind over matter. Alot of what we do to ourselves is caused by actual physical reactions triggered by psychological conditions. Control one, and you control the other.

pdigs

well i tryed the water thing and it seemed to work. thanks for the tip