2008 New York Yankees

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well once again it looks like its going to be another dog fight between NY and BOSTON for the AL EAST.

lets take a look

as far as pitching goes i would have to say BOS has better starters but NY has some young guys that are doing very well and a soild closer.

as far as batting NY wins hands down. not to say BOS isn`t stong with the bat but no one can touch the Yankees on sluggers.

now we get to feilding............ NY is good when its good and fcuking WEAK when its not.
BOS is pretty steady but nothing crazy.

so there is no real front runner as far as i can see.

GO YANKEES!!!!!:cheers:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
If Cano carries his spring into the season and Hideki can adjust to his part time DH role the yanks lineup is going to be unreal.

Yankees win the Pennant and leave the Stadium in style with a world championship! Go Yanks baby

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If Cano carries his spring into the season and Hideki can adjust to his part time DH role the yanks lineup is going to be unreal.

Yankees win the Pennant and leave the Stadium in style with a world championship! Go Yanks baby

when Yankee bats get hot they are un fcuking real!!!!!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't follow sports, but since everyone around here likes the Red Sox, I route for the Yankees. Plus, people from Mass don't deserve drivers licenses.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the kids in the yankees rotation are as solid as advertised, they will do very well. Also, injuries are shaking up the Sox pitching staff

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the kids in the yankees rotation are as solid as advertised, they will do very well. Also, injuries are shaking up the Sox pitching staff
The sox starting rotation is still very solid overall. The sox are fairly well balanced and that's the strength they play on. Both teams have young talent that will play a factor in the end. It will be a slugfest this year all over baseball.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry chad, but i had to do it hahaha!!! :lol::lol:

IainDaniel

Awards
I love how the Jays get no respect in the AL east.

They have a damn good team

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love how the Jays get no respect in the AL east.

They have a damn good team
No doubt they have a good team. However, i just don't see them being that competetive with boston or new york for the AL east crown. Who knows though, key injuries can shake up everything in the AL east.

IainDaniel

Awards
I honestly don't see how New York is even considered a contender in this division.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh and this:

2007 American League Standings
EAST W L PCT GB HOME ROAD RS RA STRK L10
x-Boston 96 66 .593 - 51-30 45-36 867 657 Lost 1 6-4
y-NY Yankees 94 68 .580 2 52-29 42-39 968 777 Won 2 6-4
Toronto 83 79 .512 13 49-32 34-47 753 699 Lost 1 6-4

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SI ranks NY as #1 in the AL EAST.
Its all over Bean Town!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SI ranks NY as #1 in the AL EAST.
Its all over Bean Town!
Bean Town is going to serve you up some beans NY!!!! GO SOX!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:think::think::think::think:
I don't know what the heck i meant by that lol. Hey wednesday we need to get on some COD4!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know what the heck i meant by that lol. Hey wednesday we need to get on some COD4!

done. do you play any sports games? i was thinking some madden or baseball one on one

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
done. do you play any sports games? i was thinking some madden or baseball one on one
Yeah we need to hit up a baseball game for sho!! Then during football season it's game on in madden. :)

mcour1226

mcour1226

Awards
The Yanks look strong!..... Lets hope they don't disappoint in the first round of the playoffs again

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I don't follow sports, but since everyone around here likes the Red Sox, I route for the Yankees. Plus, people from Mass don't deserve drivers licenses.

Now that's funny. A lot of you will laugh or scoff at this but the Yankees will play the Dodgers in the World Series. remember you heard it here first.

:bruce3:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
7:05 baby! Can't wait for some Yankee dominance.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that's funny. A lot of you will laugh or scoff at this but the Yankees will play the Dodgers in the World Series. remember you heard it here first.

:bruce3:
Riiiiiigggghhhhttttt...........;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats the best baseball game out ?
I think MLB 2008 is supposed to be pretty good. Let me check it out and i'll get back to you bro.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Well it was the MVP baseball series (series was amazing) but than 2k sorts bought MLB rights and eliminated it. MVP sports owned and MLB 2k8 is decent but not great.

Really your only options is MLB 2k8 (a real baseball feel) or look into The Bigs. The Bigs is actually pretty sweet if your into like a more fun less realistic game (I feel like you guys would have a blast playing it.)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well it was the MVP baseball series (series was amazing) but than 2k sorts bought MLB rights and eliminated it. MVP sports owned and MLB 2k8 is decent but not great.

Really your only options is MLB 2k8 (a real baseball feel) or look into The Bigs. The Bigs is actually pretty sweet if your into like a more fun less realistic game (I feel like you guys would have a blast playing it.)
I prefer realism in the sports games. I've played the Bigs series, and it was pretty good overall.

It's settled chad, lets get MLB 2K8 brotha!!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Solid win baby! Theres a reason why we don't have Johan right now and its called young talent! Melky ftw!

Side note: Are you guys into the GTA series (namely the better ones in GTA3 and what will be GTA4?) GTA 4 has a new component of a free world to you and 10 friends online. I think that has some potential for AM members and a free roam world :D>

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid win baby! Theres a reason why we don't have Johan right now and its called young talent! Melky ftw!

Side note: Are you guys into the GTA series (namely the better ones in GTA3 and what will be GTA4?) GTA 4 has a new component of a free world to you and 10 friends online. I think that has some potential for AM members and a free roam world :D>
Love the GTA series! I'd be down. :D

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im soooooooooooooo pissed!!!!!!
where the fcuk were the hitters tonight??????
Arod got the only 2 runs with a shot to center but most of the team went 0-3 and 0-4.
all i have to say is if they fcuk this season up there will be a house cleaning in NY. nobody will be safe!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Just a little rusty with the change of weather from Florida to cold as hell NY at the moment. The bats will come thats a guarantee. Pitching is looking pretty good at the moment so as soon as those bats come up we'll be in for a show.

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
lol, yea cause I went into his red sox thread and said GO YANKS! and his avi is new since then.

ANd I love GTA dude!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, yea cause I went into his red sox thread and said GO YANKS! and his avi is new since then.

ANd I love GTA dude!
Well we need to get an AM GTA gang going on. GO SOX!!!!!!!:D

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well we need to get an AM GTA gang going on. GO SOX!!!!!!!:D

you need to play COD4 with me when you say you will!!!!

did trauma fall a sleep? was poor lil trauma sleepy time?

TOO BAD!!!!! i`ll frag your ass next time you leave a man behind!:whip:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you need to play COD4 with me when you say you will!!!!

did trauma fall a sleep? was poor lil trauma sleepy time?

TOO BAD!!!!! i`ll frag your ass next time you leave a man behind!:whip:
Sorry man, i was conked out. I'll make it up snookum's. :whip:

SIKE!!!! :)

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yankees win but i still wanna see them put up 10+ runs on someone. prob will on Boston! LOL!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont worry buddy. NY likes hitting from behind.:whip:
I know they like playing with each others behinds, especially gayrod......:lol::lol: