Manny Ramirez:

"The Boston Red Sox don't deserve me"

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
manny is such a cry baby, it is sad at this point. They will most likely have to take jason Bay, but at this point anyone who doesnt cry would be a good thing.

Also, Ken Griffey Jr. just got dealt to the white sox

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Big papi has too much respect for the game. Manny is a punk, no more no less. Let him go to florida for 2 months and suck it up there. After that, he is not going to see 20 million from anyone with half a brain.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that NYC and Boston markets are the only markets (actually stadiums and teams) that will love you because you are the best player in baseball and have an opportunity to contribute to their success still hate your fuking guts because you are a prick.

Actually maybe even ONLY NYC. Do you think Boston would embrace a Jonnie Damon they way we did?

I think Boston fans even hate their mothers for bringing them into the world as Red Sox fans :D

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I think Boston fans even hate their mothers for bringing them into the world as Red Sox fans :D
:rofl: That's funny.

One thing I will say, the Dodgers are in for a very interesting 2 months that may take them further than anyone expected. Manny for all of his bs is a great player and I think he will go out of his way to prove it for a number of reasons.

:bruce3:

IainDaniel

Awards
Having him behind the plate is fear enough in baserunners to try and run his arm ain't wait it was but you gotta respect it fo sho.
I don't think runners fear pudge that much, he has a mediocre throw out percentage.

Molina behind the plate is far more effective, just doesn't have the bat.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Great day at Yankee Stadium today. An amazing fact: of the 72 "old timers" that were there today 90% of them have played in the World Series and very few of them have not won at least one World Series or been an All Star. No other team can make that claim.

Also a great welcome home, so to speak for Willie Randolph. The crowd gave him a long standing ovation. The Yankees winning the game in old school fashion on the 29th anniversary of the passing of Thurmon Munson was icing on the cake.

The scary thing for me was that other than the couple of guys that played in the 40's and 50's, I saw all of the rest play from "61" on so, I guess that means I'm getting old.:eek:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lets just hope we can get another started to replace Rasner, it looks like his time has come

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
where was Damaso? Ramirez cried after a bad outing last year, so his ass better be crying later today because that was a damn joke.

Thank god the Yankee O is displaying its dominance.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Rasner does kinda suck. Our pitching staff is still finding themselves in some ways. Just hope it settles down soon, it's better than it was a month ago.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sure looks like texas has your number as well there New York.......;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to see it's not only boston that sucks against the angels right now.......:lol:

Damn they look good....

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see it's not only boston that sucks against the angels right now.......:lol:

Damn they look good....
Yeah at this point they're whoopin everybody. Glad to get out of there.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man just too many injuries at this point.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea, honestly despite the sweep there is some good to take out of that. Uncharacteristic bullpen collapses were the cause of 2 of those losses. If we had been blown out by a team that is firing on all cylinders than I would be a bit worried.

LAA are a force right now. Good thing the sox will be grabbing that wild card and the Yankees not having to worry with the East title.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The slide continues.......:lol:

I see that carl crawford and evan longoria from the rays are on the DL, and will be for quite some time. Let's see if the rays can actually deal with these injuries and continue to win.

I have a feeling this is where the "Youth" will begin to show itself. However, i have to give them respect for what they're doing.......but they're still "The Gays"! :lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And again......to the royals gentlemen!

The yankees are offically........fading :lol: I tell you, i see legends field everyday, and i give that baby the bird. So far, it's working! The T1 curse on the yankees hahahaha! ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow.....you guys suck right now.......AHAHAHAHA!

Oh i'm partially kidding, f*ck the gays as well. It's so nice to see the yanks as a mid-level AL east team though. :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tough way to wind down the year. Too many damn injuries.

Well next years team is going to look a tad different. I would bet $ that CC Sabathia will be starting opening day in the new park.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Yes we do suck right now but, until the dirt is officially shoved on us, I aint giving up.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am with you, I wont give up till the math tells me to

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
In case anybody is interested, WE AIN'T DEAD YET and by the end of the week, we could be very much alive. Yankee pride is something that cannot and should never be underestimated.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Where is Trauma, it's time for the yearly make the Red Sox poop their pants session that happens every year. And before anybody says it yes I know 2004 and 2007 blah, blah, blah:lol:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I was hankering for a Joba Beckett match up. Oh well I guess it will have to wait for the ALCS :D

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I was hankering for a Joba Beckett match up. Oh well I guess it will have to wait for the ALCS :D
That would be nice but realistically one or both of us could be playing golf during the ALCS. The Rays are for real.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the rays are in, and sadly with injuries, maybe neither makes it. crazy to think the twins can make it after getting rid of Santana

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would be nice but realistically one or both of us could be playing golf during the ALCS. The Rays are for real.

You're MUCH more likely to be playing golf than the sox right now. Tis a fact......;)

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
You're MUCH more likely to be playing golf than the sox right now. Tis a fact......;)
Oh there you are, I knew you'd be on tonight. It's all good, 32 games to go.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad boston can help contribute to the yanks getting closer to playing.......golf.......:lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh there you are, I knew you'd be on tonight. It's all good, 32 games to go.

One more game against the yanks increasingly evident failed cause too.......:D

Oh, i say this in fun though. F*ck the rays all the same!

maxparin

Awards
the yanks have sucked all year long. money only goes so far

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
After being in the playoffs 13 years in a row and doing some amazing things in the process, this is a year off with injuries, It happens. There aren't too many teams that have accomplished that much less what the Yankees have done as a franchise, sorry that they have a lot of money, that's what success brings unfortunately:aargh:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
the yanks have sucked all year long. money only goes so far

Yea I guess staying in contention with 2 teams that are 2-3 games out from the best record in baseball, up until about a month ago, is a "shitty" season for the Yanks.

T~ Although I don't like seeing the Soxs going, I'm going to have a fun time watching the Angels go to town on em :D. Although if you could somehow demoralize K-Rod somehow, maybe even bean him with a line drive, I'd be much obliged.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
The Yankees will still have a say in who goes to the playoffs albeit from a unenviable position for them.

IainDaniel

Awards
After being in the playoffs 13 years in a row and doing some amazing things in the process, this is a year off with injuries, It happens. There aren't too many teams that have accomplished that much less what the Yankees have done as a franchise, sorry that they have a lot of money, that's what success brings unfortunately:aargh:

I don't think there poor performance has anything to do with injuries. They over achieved last year. And this year demonstrated, how poorly run this organization is with the amount of money they have.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there poor performance has anything to do with injuries. They over achieved last year. And this year demonstrated, how poorly run this organization is with the amount of money they have.
A couple of key injuries had quite a bit to do with it however, I will agree that they might be paying Paul for robbing Peter a few years ago.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh yeah, what a rotation we will have this year

1. CC Sabathia
2. AJ Burnett
3. Chien Ming Wang
4. Joba Chamberlain
5. Andy Pettite/Ben Sheets

Possibly the best rotation in the league. Dont forget Phil Hughes as a 6th starter

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, what a rotation we will have this year

1. CC Sabathia
2. AJ Burnett
3. Chien Ming Wang
4. Joba Chamberlain
5. Andy Pettite/Ben Sheets

Possibly the best rotation in the league. Dont forget Phil Hughes as a 6th starter
They Yankees don't stay down long, could be a very interesting 2009.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it will be fun, now if we can find a true #3 hitter we would be all set

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Yank-Me's Suck!!

Oops......I thought this was the Anon section. :lol:

It's certainly shaping up to be very competitive in the AL east next year. You boys better hope the sox don't get teixeira though (and they look to be the front-runner right now).....;)

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
The Yank-Me's Suck!!

Oops......I thought this was the Anon section. :lol:

It's certainly shaping up to be very competitive in the AL east next year. You boys better hope the sox don't get teixeira though (and they look to be the front-runner right now).....;)
You can have Teixeira, he'll get struck out too:lol:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
You can have Teixeira, he'll get struck out too:lol:

Tex will most likely end up in Boston...and when that happens...Good luck pitching through the heart of that Lineup!

Yankees still suck. Sabathia chokes when his team needs him most and A.J. Burnett doesn't understand the concept of being healthy....unless Pettite comes back the Yankmees will suck balls again...losing Moose really hurt (between Pettite and Moose that is what kept their staff together).

Cheers!:cheers: