2008 New York Yankees - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

2008 New York Yankees

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Did you guys read about the construction worker that buried the Red Sox t-shirt in the foundation of the new Yankee Stadium? He thinks he started a new "curse." Lmao! How weak is that? If anything, it's symbolic of how the Yanks will bury the Sox!

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I had read about that, too funny. It is amazing to me, I grew up in the 80's and their was no *****ry as both teams were mediocre. it is only a recent *****ry
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I had read about that, too funny. It is amazing to me, I grew up in the 80's and their was no *****ry as both teams were mediocre. it is only a recent *****ry

That's a very good point. For the most part since the 1920's, when the Yankees were good, the Red Sox weren't and vice versa. The Babe Ruth curse was spoken of mainly because of the Red Sox's inability to win a World Series with some great teams in 47, 67 and 86 while the Yankees won at least one title in every decade as well as a lot of near misses with the exception of the 80s.

:bruce3:
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Did you guys read about the construction worker that buried the Red Sox t-shirt in the foundation of the new Yankee Stadium? He thinks he started a new "curse." Lmao! How weak is that? If anything, it's symbolic of how the Yanks will bury the Sox!
    I think that taking all that time to remove that jersey was a waste of time. I heard that they might file charges against the guy.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Its on ebay at 30,000 dollars right now for the jimmie fund.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by g29er View Post
    I think that taking all that time to remove that jersey was a waste of time. I heard that they might file charges against the guy.

Yeah like what, Malicious Shirt Burying (LOL)

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Rain delay was rather irritating last night. Hughes was looking solid and would have been a real confidence boost to see him continue on. Instead he gets screwed out of a start and the Yanks get lamed. Kennedy is going to get rocked again (he just doesn't look MLB ready yet and needs to go down for a bit.) However Pettitte is auto after Yankees losses sooooo.

Also Chad wtf? I thought it was a 1 week ban. We need some more Yankee talk up in this hizzy
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

It's been quiet for a while but check you rear view mirror cause here we come.

9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    It's been quiet for a while but check you rear view mirror cause here we come.

Right.........

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

I smell trades a brewin.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Right.........
    Somehow I knew you would take the bait. Your boys are playing real well as they should but, they won't be running away with anything.

12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Somehow I knew you would take the bait. Your boys are playing real well as they should but, they won't be running away with anything.

Oh, i did.

Game on brother!

Legendary

13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

My prediction of how well the Yankees will do in any given year has always depended on where they are at the All Star break. History shows that if they are within 5 games of the top (In most years they have been on top) it bodes well for them. Well Trauma 1, get ready cause flaws and all here we come. Talk to ya next weekend.

14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I am so disappointed how did Mike Mussina not make the all star game. He should be starting it let alone not making the team
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I am so disappointed how did Mike Mussina not make the all star game. He should be starting it let alone not making the team
    Thats being a little dramatic, I agree he should be an All-Start but def not the starter. Cliff Lee should IMO, he's been dominating all year.

I have been watching the yank's latley along side the six and Rivera is stupid good. Like in a whole other level than any other pitcher in MLB. He paints and I mean PAINTS the corners, if he misses he misses to where the ball is suppose to go (inside pitch drifts too far inside and vic versa). I have not seen him throw a pitch that is not on the black of the plate with his fastball or cutter. It is truly amazing how good he is.

Im not a jaba fan either
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Thats being a little dramatic, I agree he should be an All-Start but def not the starter. Cliff Lee should IMO, he's been dominating all year.

I have been watching the yank's latley along side the six and Rivera is stupid good. Like in a whole other level than any other pitcher in MLB. He paints and I mean PAINTS the corners, if he misses he misses to where the ball is suppose to go (inside pitch drifts too far inside and vic versa). I have not seen him throw a pitch that is not on the black of the plate with his fastball or cutter. It is truly amazing how good he is.

Im not a jaba fan either
    my feeling was that mussina deserves to make the team, no doubt, but I thought out of respect for the yankees and it being in the stadium I thought that they would give him the nod.

Rivera is the greatest closer of all time, bar none!!!

Joba is awesome. He could be one of the top starters in the leage soon by age 23. He is a phenom. That said, between he and mussina thats all they have right now
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

my feeling was that mussina deserves to make the team, no doubt, but I thought out of respect for the yankees and it being in the stadium I thought that they would give him the nod.

Rivera is the greatest closer of all time, bar none!!!

Joba is awesome. He could be one of the top starters in the leage soon by age 23. He is a phenom. That said, between he and mussina thats all they have right now
    Good point about Moose.

Yea anyone who doesn't recognize that Rivera is the best doesn't know baseball IMO. I can't even begin to explain how good his stuff is.

I dont know about Jaba, he doesn't have command of 3 good pitches, which you need to be a great starter. But given his age this is somthing that is doable. I think they should put him in the rotation until Rivera is done then pass the torch. Escpecially with all the pitching injures they have had this year Jaba needs to be in the rotation. But Jaba would be a dominant closer no doubt.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Yankees.........BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Great series guys as always. However, we gave that game away last night......ugggghhhhhh!!

GO SOX BABY!!!!!!

Legendary

19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Great series guys as always. However, we gave that game away last night......ugggghhhhhh!!

GO SOX BABY!!!!!!
    Best *****ry in sports no matter what time it is. Question though, what was your reaction with Manny in the ninth against mo going 3 and out?

What I really want to know though, is how in the hell are we both looking up at the Damn Devil Rays at the All Star Break (yes I know its Rays), but this was the damn Devil Rays we are talking about. wttttttttttfffffffffffffff!
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Best *****ry in sports no matter what time it is. Question though, what was your reaction with Manny in the ninth against mo going 3 and out?

What I really want to know though, is how in the hell are we both looking up at the Damn Devil Rays at the All Star Break (yes I know its Rays), but this was the damn Devil Rays we are talking about. wttttttttttfffffffffffffff!
    Manny had the hit that won the game tonight though.

They're young, fast, and dynamic. I kind of saw it a few years ago, but didn't expect this. Howver, it will fade off. They don't have the experience to hold it up when it counts right now. The sox and yanks will both finish ahead of them......for how long though, who knows. They're pretty damn good.

Legendary

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

We ain't afraid of no stinkin Rays.

22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

GO SOX BABY!!!!!!
    damn you and the sox
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Good point about Moose.

Yea anyone who doesn't recognize that Rivera is the best doesn't know baseball IMO. I can't even begin to explain how good his stuff is.

I dont know about Jaba, he doesn't have command of 3 good pitches, which you need to be a great starter. But given his age this is somthing that is doable. I think they should put him in the rotation until Rivera is done then pass the torch. Escpecially with all the pitching injures they have had this year Jaba needs to be in the rotation. But Jaba would be a dominant closer no doubt.
    I have had arguments with baseball fans, who claim rivera is good but not great. makes me laugh every time.

in terms of joba, I think with his fastball, the leagues premier slider and his good curve he will be set. I wanted him as the closer, but they seem to tthink of him as a starter, and I am amazed at how well he has done in that role.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I have had arguments with baseball fans, who claim rivera is good but not great. makes me laugh every time.

in terms of joba, I think with his fastball, the leagues premier slider and his good curve he will be set. I wanted him as the closer, but they seem to tthink of him as a starter, and I am amazed at how well he has done in that role.
    Other than the red sox and rangers he's pitch'd against BAD teams, and NL teams so they're even worse,lol.

San Diego 36-55
    Pittsburgh 42-47
    Huston 41-50
    KC 41-50

Sorry I just think he's way over rated as a starter and think he should stick to the pen, nothing against him he has no choice
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Other than the red sox and rangers he's pitch'd against BAD teams, and NL teams so they're even worse,lol.

San Diego 36-55
    Pittsburgh 42-47
    Huston 41-50
    KC 41-50

Sorry I just think he's way over rated as a starter and think he should stick to the pen, nothing against him he has no choice
    Seeing as how he was fast tracked into a starting role, he's doing ok. Let's see how he does in his next few starts before we judge him. There was no way that he was gonna just jump out of the chute and be great but, he still could impact this season in a big way.

26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Seeing as how he was fast tracked into a starting role, he's doing ok. Let's see how he does in his next few starts before we judge him. There was no way that he was gonna just jump out of the chute and be great but, he still couldimpact this season in a big way.
    True but that gets back to my point of being able to throw 3 good pitches for strikes. After just 1 AB a hitter has a pretty good idea of what someone brings to the table and thats why starters have 3-4 pitches where relievers have 2 usually. See in the summer I usually plat against guys I've played with or against for the past 2-3 years. I own most of them because they have 2 pitches they can throw for strikes and after having close to 20AB's against them they're not effective. Get what I'm saying? 2 guys that come to mind I'm like 3-11 or something like that because even though I know what they have they have 3 pitches they can come at me with. This is how things work in MLB too.

As a starter I think he'd be about a .500 guy maybe like a 12-10 guy or something like that but as a closer he's getting 45+ saves a year.

Reading my post about Jaba it looks like I think he's garbage but I really don't. I think he's a good pitcher. I just don't like all this hype he's getting.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

he is certainly over hyped, I mean hell its the yankees for goodness sakes. I think he will be a very solid #2 when all is said and done, and he has 3 solid pitches. Who knows, with Rivera, maybe he learns a cutter?
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Who knows, with Rivera, maybe he learns a cutter?
    I dont even want to think about that .

98-101 with a cutter that would probably run 95-97 no thanks. He throws a slider now, i believe, so the transition to a cutter would be real easy.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Oh and yea he does have 3 good pitches, He just can't throw all of them for strikes when he wants to
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I dont even want to think about that .

98-101 with a cutter that would probably run 95-97 no thanks. He throws a slider now, i believe, so the transition to a cutter would be real easy.
    that slider is downright nasty. good hitters look terrible up there against it
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Oh and yea he does have 3 good pitches, He just can't throw all of them for strikes when he wants to
    thats a very fair point. in fact, watching him on Sunday I believe, I kept saying its ok to throw strikes and get pop outs at 1-0 or 0-1 instead of always looking for a strike out. He has all the talent in the world, and as he matures will learn to pitch better
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

thats a very fair point. in fact, watching him on Sunday I believe, I kept saying its ok to throw strikes and get pop outs at 1-0 or 0-1 instead of always looking for a strike out. He has all the talent in the world, and as he matures will learn to pitch better

I was doing the same thing!
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I was doing the same thing!
    we need to stop watching games. drives my wife crazy that I talk to players who cannot hear me
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

The best 2nd half team in baseball appears to be picking up steam, watch out.

35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

The best 2nd half team in baseball appears to be picking up steam, watch out.

Posada is likely out for the season and you pick'd up Richie Sexson. You might as well kiss your play-off chnaces bye-bye
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Posada is likely out for the season and you pick'd up Richie Sexson. You might as well kiss your play-off chnaces bye-bye
    Richie Sexon is a lefty destroyer. He'll fit in perfectly (especially since hes getting paid the league minimum of 180,000) as a lefty pitcher fill in as well as those days as giambi's days off or dh him.

Jorge is a big lost with this bat, but Molina is a caught stealing Army of 1. The biggest concern going into this year, pitching, is looking solid from the Vets (hopefully Joba can really stand strong in the clutch in the must do days coming up).

With TB starting to show their young age and "true colors" the Wild card is looking tight, and the Sox's aren't playing amazing baseball (from both injuries, and Manny being Manny).

I like our chances a lot. Go Yanks!
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Richie Sexon is a lefty destroyer. He'll fit in perfectly (especially since hes getting paid the league minimum of 180,000) as a lefty pitcher fill in as well as those days as giambi's days off or dh him.

Jorge is a big lost with this bat, but Molina is a caught stealing Army of 1. The biggest concern going into this year, pitching, is looking solid from the Vets (hopefully Joba can really stand strong in the clutch in the must do days coming up).

I like our chances a lot! Go Yanks!
    yea he did that this year with one of the worst teams in baseball. He'll crumble under pressure....like he has every year since coming to the majors.

Molina is solid behind the plate, one of the better in the show, but his bat..........well it's def no Posada.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

yea he did that this year with one of the worst teams in baseball. He'll crumble under pressure....like he has every year since coming to the majors.

Molina is solid behind the plate, one of the better in the show, but his bat..........well it's def no Posada.
    Ya his bat is a joke compared to Jorge (but than again Jorge hasn't been able to show this year that 2007 wasn't an absurd fluke). Potentially the biggest loss will be if Hideki is done for the season. He would be a hard bat to fill, although Robbie is looking like he is finally getting his ass into gear.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

With TB starting to show their young age and "true colors" the Wild card is looking tight, and the Sox's aren't playing amazing baseball (from both injuries, and Manny being Manny).

I like our chances a lot. Go Yanks!
    Manny is, and always will be the ultimate yankee killer. He absolutely OWNS the yanks when playing them over his career in both cleveland and boston. I love it.

Don't underestimate the sox. We've been playing without ortiz for quite some time. Our offense (which is already on of the best in baseball) gets a HUGE boost with papi back.

Legendary

40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Just some friendly *****ry smack talking pics!

Legendary

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2010 New York Yankees
    By Fastone in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 11:01 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 05:49 PM
  3. 26 Time World Series Champion New York Yankees
    By David Dunn in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 263