2008 New York Yankees
- 04-04-2008, 02:17 AM
- 04-04-2008, 07:04 AM
nice performance by hughes last night on a cold night. Lets hope Kennedy has a solid performance, as those kids go so go the yankees
04-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Very Good series. Games could have gone any way.
Almost a playoff like atmosphere. Good pitching by both teams.
Yanks in typical fashion find a way to pull out the victories.
04-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm liking the pitching! Joba is still a machine and MO is in form. Starting pitching has been an awesome surprise at it is by far the biggest ? to Yankee success.
Couple of questions.
1) Does anyone here watch the games on YES with Paul O'neill announcing? I think hes a great announcer and enjoy the majority of what he says/refers to about his past. HOWEVER every time he talks about Jeter he calls him "Jete." It's ****ing driving me crazy.
2) Have you heard this stuff about people *****ing about Joba and the way he gets jacked up after he makes a big strike out (the fist pump/twirl thing?) It's seriously insane people are such panzies that pure love of the game and adrenaline flowing after a big play is shunned by people. You don't like it when he owns you then stfu and don't let him own you (oh wait that's not possible )
1 week gentleman. 1 week before the first Yankee Red Sox game!
04-04-2008, 04:15 PM
04-04-2008, 05:03 PM
looking forward to seeing Kennedy tonight, the weather might allow for a solid game for pitchers. Lets see the young guns
04-04-2008, 09:15 PM
04-04-2008, 09:22 PM
04-04-2008, 09:46 PM
04-04-2008, 10:16 PM
We lost, but AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
The devil gays have your number boys!
Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
04-04-2008, 10:17 PM
04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
i fcuking HATE when we start throwing 6 or 7 pitchers into a unwinable game. let one stay in and get some K`s in and write it off as a training game.
you let a kid pitch 2/3 a inning and pull him he is going to feel like sh!t.
04-05-2008, 12:13 AM
04-05-2008, 12:28 AM
04-05-2008, 12:31 AM
04-05-2008, 01:53 AM
04-05-2008, 02:11 AM
04-05-2008, 02:15 AM
04-05-2008, 02:20 AM
04-05-2008, 02:41 AM
04-05-2008, 02:48 AM
04-05-2008, 03:53 AM
04-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Kennedy was off but he was getting squeezed by the ump. No excuses however, his stuff was ****. Hawkins and Farnsworth are just worthless. The yankees issue besides the back end of the rotation is if they need the bullpen to get to the 7th and 8th to Joba. With the way that bullpen is situated, Joba will never get the opportunity to be a starter
04-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Wang is looking like the Ace he needs to be. Also the fact that these games are effectively 7 inning games (actually 6.1 as of yesterday because Joba will eventually be a SP) is legit.
I can't wait for Friday baby. Trauma you better get your excuses ready for why we are about to sweep you guys right out of Boston. Me and Chad already have our victory replies in hand.
04-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Fastone in forum Sports TalkReplies: 50Last Post: 10-22-2010, 11:01 PM
- By David Dunn in forum Sports TalkReplies: 37Last Post: 11-14-2009, 05:49 PM
- By David Dunn in forum Sports TalkReplies: 263Last Post: 11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
- By glenihan in forum Sports TalkReplies: 13Last Post: 05-12-2005, 03:25 PM
- By jefflong3323 in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:09 AM