Yes, YES THE PATRIOTS LOSE!! YES!!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27062

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....
    No, of course not. I'm a Colts fan.

    If the Colts would have lost last year T, you would have been just as, if not happier.

  2. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South East US
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0

    I'm just depressed that the season is over... Now I get to look forward to being let down yet again this year pulling for my beloved Cubs.

    I'll miss the NFL...
  3. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Oh definitely Trauma, and for anybody wondering I've conceded as much to Trauma through PMs plenty of times.

    I absolutely despise the Pats and probably let my emotions get the best of me, and I apologize.

    With that being said, I'm not going to be assailed because I'm happy another team lost; anybody who says one who revels in a hated *****s loss lacks character has either never watched sports or is lying. *****s cheer for *****s to lose constantly, it's called competitive *****ries.

    It's weird, it just still suprises me. I played the game for years, and I've been a fan for even more. The love/hate for teams is only pronounced in someone when the love for the game isn't there. You gotta be true to the game, not a team.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fedor over Lindland in under 4 minutes
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Rep Power
    2648

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....
    When you're really good, you're gonna get a lot of hate, period!
  5. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    I'm just depressed that the season is over... Now I get to look forward to being let down yet again this year pulling for my beloved Cubs.

    I'll miss the NFL...
    THIS IS WHAT KILLS ME. No more football (except for the All Star game). I've enjoyed doing my once-weekly long runs on Sunday during the games. Keeps me occupied. I weep for the lack of football to come...
  6. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Oh definitely Trauma, and for anybody wondering I've conceded as much to Trauma through PMs plenty of times.

    I absolutely despise the Pats and probably let my emotions get the best of me, and I apologize.

    With that being said, I'm not going to be assailed because I'm happy another team lost; anybody who says one who revels in a hated *****s loss lacks character has either never watched sports or is lying. *****s cheer for *****s to lose constantly, it's called competitive *****ries.
    I wouldn't expect anything less man, but you cerainly know i'm not a sore loser in the end. The *****ry aspect is great for sports in general. We lost, It really sucks......man it sucks......but next year is a new year for all....

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  7. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fedor over Lindland in under 4 minutes
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Rep Power
    2648

    .........or if you think you're really good and you're not, the pats would be the former.
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,913
    Rep Power
    7016

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    When you're really good, you're gonna get a lot of hate, period!
    And most of it either unjustified or out of jealousy
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27062

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    It's weird, it just still suprises me. I played the game for years, and I've been a fan for even more. The love/hate for teams is only pronounced in someone when the love for the game isn't there. You gotta be true to the game, not a team.
    Well you can question my 'love' for the game all you want H, that truly doesn't bother me. I'll still be free to display my emotions (though I have already admitted they were short-sighted) as I please, and would definitely not criticize you for doing the same.

    I've been a Colts fan since Peyton's draft-day, and as such hate the Pats for owning my team. If that means I don't have a 'love for the game', than so be it; though I think that's rather idealist. I just like seeing my ***** lose, that's that.
  10. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No, of course not. I'm a Colts fan.

    If the Colts would have lost last year T, you would have been just as, if not happier.
    For sho brotha

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  11. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And most of it either unjustified or out of jealousy
    Jerry took the words out of my mouth.......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  12. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3200

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....
    Welker should have gotten the MVP. I understand giving it to Manning though. I didn't think the Patriots were so unpopular, I wanted them to win and so did most of America according to ESPN. All the Colts fans became Giants fans. Peyton is the reason everyone likes Eli.
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,913
    Rep Power
    7016

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    When you're really good, you're gonna get a lot of hate, period!
    As my buddy always tells me, "How can you hate the Jets. They haven't done anything in 40 years..."
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  14. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    When you're really good, you're gonna get a lot of hate, period!
    Yeah it's part of the game bro......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  15. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    Welker should have gotten the MVP. I understand giving it to Manning though. I didn't think the Patriots were so unpopular, I wanted them to win and so did most of America according to ESPN. All the Colts fans became Giants fans. Peyton is the reason everyone likes Eli.
    Welker is the best slot reciever in the NFL period imho!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  16. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Well you can question my 'love' for the game all you want H, that truly doesn't bother me. I'll still be free to display my emotions (though I have already admitted they were short-sighted) as I please, and would definitely not criticize you for doing the same.

    I've been a Colts fan since Peyton's draft-day, and as such hate the Pats for owning my team. If that means I don't have a 'love for the game', than so be it; though I think that's rather idealist. I just like seeing my ***** lose, that's that.
    I think you just need to take it in perspective. I do understand how you were a bit out of it when it ended, just put the game in front of the *****ry... not to knock on anyone (including you mullet), but I'd go out on a limb and say that one would need to have played the game to fully appreciate it.

    I just don't see the point of routing for opposing teams to lose. I don't hope loss upon other teams, not because I don't have *****ries, but it's just beyond me to do so. I route for the better team to win, and today, the Giants were UNDOUBTEDLY the better team. I'm suprised it wasn't a blowout for the Giants - they played unlike anything I've ever seen.
  17. Registered User
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Rep Power
    11113

    ...Where all my Panthers fans at?
    That was such a great game, on both sides of the ball. Say what you will about each team, I'm just glad it was a close game. Exciting to the end.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  18. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Welker is the best slot reciever in the NFL period imho!
    I almost want to agree with this... he is truely rediculous. Not sure if he's the best in the LEAGUE, but by far the quickest guy in the NFL (I think including running backs too).
  19. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27062

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    I think you just need to take it in perspective. I do understand how you were a bit out of it when it ended, just put the game in front of the *****ry... not to knock on anyone (including you mullet), but I'd go out on a limb and say that one would need to have played the game to fully appreciate it.

    I just don't see the point of routing for opposing teams to lose. I don't hope loss upon other teams, not because I don't have *****ries, but it's just beyond me to do so. I route for the better team to win, and today, the Giants were UNDOUBTEDLY the better team. I'm suprised it wasn't a blowout for the Giants - they played unlike anything I've ever seen.
    It was an absolutely fantastic game. When I watch MMA, my favourite sport, for example, do you know what I hope for first and foremost? A great fight. A long, drawn-out, competitive battle to display the sport. Same with the 'Bowl, first and foremost, I hope for an amazing SuperBowl worthy game.

    Beyond that though, I still will not feel bad for rooting for another team to lose, that's sports, and I am honestly quite surprised that if you played you are so flabbergasted by this.

    Do you think Duke students were cheering for UNC a few years when they went to the final? I doubt it.
  20. Registered User
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    US - PA
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39385

    All of my friends hate the Patriots simply because they are/were/whatever the best team in the NFL -- and as much as I can't stand the word, they're just textbook "haters"
  21. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3200

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    I almost want to agree with this... he is truely rediculous. Not sure if he's the best in the LEAGUE, but by far the quickest guy in the NFL (I think including running backs too).
    Santana Moss or Welker... Santana can play the flanker spot though.. Welker is awesome but plays along with Randy Moss. Another guy little white dude, Mike Furrey, is pretty sweet too.
  22. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    .........or if you think you're really good and you're not, the pats would be the former.
    Are you kidding me? seriously?......You sound like a damn hater alex!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  23. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,913
    Rep Power
    7016

    Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    Another guy little white dude,
    Leave Wayne Chrebet out of this
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  24. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    It was an absolutely fantastic game. When I watch MMA, my favourite sport, for example, do you know what I hope for first and foremost? A great fight. A long, drawn-out, competitive battle to display the sport. Same with the 'Bowl, first and foremost, I hope for an amazing SuperBowl worthy game.

    Beyond that though, I still will not feel bad for rooting for another team to lose, that's sports, and I am honestly quite surprised that if you played you are so flabbergasted by this.

    Do you think Duke students were cheering for UNC a few years when they went to the final? I doubt it.
    Nice, same with me... MMA is the true test of athleticism. Put a trained fighter against any "pro" athlete that we speak of, and that guys going down fast and hard (even the ever quick Wes Welker).

    I do understand the competative hating, but those are kids man. Unfortunately, and I don't know why it reminds me of the Taliban, but it's like they are born into it. We're adults here... love the game fellas!
  25. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3200

    Patriots nearly won the game, it's not like they got crapped on.... I think ESPN jinxed, they did the same thing to USC2006 calling them the 'best team ever' before their season was over. 3 weeks later, Vince Young singlehandedly beats them.
  26. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Leave Wayne Chrebet out of this
    Gloves? Fuk gloves!
  27. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    Patriots nearly won the game, it's not like they got crapped on.... I think ESPN jinxed, they did the same thing to USC2006 calling them the 'best team ever' before their season was over. 3 weeks later, Vince Young singlehandedly beats them.
    Bro I was SHOCKED that the Patriots didn't pick Eli on that final drive. Samuels had it in his hands no-contest. I seriously feel for that man... he single-handedly could have ended it, and he will forever live with that. Harrison had his chances too. Was not meant to be!
  28. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3200

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Leave Wayne Chrebet out of this
    haha, I have his jersey.

    I knew something was weird in this game went Tyree made that catch. It was the fastest 1st half I've ever seen in ANY football game. Moss was shutout in the 1st half, I think.. maybe 1 ball.
    Belichick won't ever get over this loss.. how can he?

    If Ellis Hobbs catches that INT (right in his hands) on the 3rd and Long overthrow to Tyree the game is over. The following play is a bomb to Tyree and he somehow catches it over Harrison. Toomer had a weird catch in the 1st quarter. 12plays-83yards final drive, all Manning. Best drive of his career regardless of its significance.
  29. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3200

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Was not meant to be!
    yeah that's how I felt. Perfect punts, Eli Manning is lights out on 3rd down, Maroney has no impact (not a surprise for me), Steve Smith (WR-NYG) makes key plays, Armani Toomer gets himself open, Tyree catch, Buress is wide open in the endzone.

    The Patriots never found a rhythm... Their last drive was great, TD to Moss, but it's completely forgotten now. If Manning is intercepted, we talk about Brady's last drive and how he is the best ever.
  30. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Some people before had said (*if the Pats had won*) that NO ONE would EVER go 19-0 again.

    I personally think that NO ONE WILL EVER go back to back brothers winning the Superbowl. That is quite possibly one of the strangest and wildest things I've ever witnessed in sports, especially being on such a huge competative stage such as the NFL. Pretty insane... the odds that two brothers will both be a starting quarterback in the NFL at the same time is seriously MINUTE to begin with!
  31. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Are you kidding me? seriously?......You sound like a damn hater alex!
    The Patriots were the best team of the season (You can obviously forget that best of all time crap), The Giants were the best team tonight. The problem for the Patriots is, when you CHOKE at the end, all is for naught. btw, I thought Tom Brady was gracious and showed a lot of class in defeat.

    :bruce3:
  32. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    The Patriots were the best team of the season (You can obviously forget that best of all time crap), The Giants were the best team tonight. The problem for the Patriots is, when you CHOKE at the end, all is for naught. btw, I thought Tom Brady was gracious and showed a lot of class in defeat.

    :bruce3:
    I like what he said in the press conference - something about how he is dissapointed, but the fact was that they gave it their best shot. They lost, but the killer would have been if they didn't prepare. Admitting defeat takes a man, rather than thinking you got robbed. I was *almost* expecting some sort of that response from someone on the team, but none came. I'd say he's the classiest QB to ever have taken the field (there's a new topic lol... MOST CLASSY QB). Never will you see him talk smack, nor blame his teamates. He's a good man, and I wonder how much ice will be nursing his body tonight.
  33. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3200

    Sean Salisbury is telling us why this happened, he knew it along apparently... quick tune into ESPN, to be 'enlightened'. he is such a douche
  34. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    The Patriots were the best team of the season (You can obviously forget that best of all time crap), The Giants were the best team tonight. The problem for the Patriots is, when you CHOKE at the end, all is for naught. btw, I thought Tom Brady was gracious and showed a lot of class in defeat.

    :bruce3:
    Oh a new york fan throws the "CHOKE" accusation out there huh....big surprise. You guys know it all too well in recent years don't you. I'll admit the giants won the game and they played better in the end, but don't sit here and proclaim the "choke" accusation like it means anything for new york football. Brady is argueably the best comeback QB ever in the sport. You can't win them all, but they certainly put up a season to be reckoned with for MANY years to come .......

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  35. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South East US
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0

    The New England Patriots 18-1......on the verge of being forgotten. An unparalled lack of perfection!
    Relax T1 - I'm just ribbing you bro. I wanted the Pats to win, but i could not help to feel through out the week that the Giants were going to pull an upset - but DAMN, what a game!
  36. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    Sean Salisbury is telling us why this happened, he knew it along apparently... quick tune into ESPN, to be 'enlightened'. he is such a douche
    Yeah that's what I'm watching... kind just refreshing this and watching ESPN... SOME LIFE!
    Yeah some sportcasters will definitly reap this up as much as they can.. I do like one thing he said though "The Patriots didn't lose this game, the Giants won it". I'm waiting for that *** Mercury Morris to come on.. man I can't stand that guy.
  37. Registered User
    Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fedor over Lindland in under 4 minutes
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,068
    Rep Power
    2648

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Are you kidding me? seriously?......You sound like a damn hater alex!
    Settle down buddy. What's wrong?
  38. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    Relax T1 - I'm just ribbing you bro. I wanted the Pats to win, but i could not help to feel through out the week that the Giants were going to pull an upset - but DAMN, what a game!
    Matt your comment about people that put it in their sigs was obviously directed at me. Don't make me bring out the bears season now

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  39. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57348

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Settle down buddy. What's wrong?
    Nada.......damn it all

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  40. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,913
    Rep Power
    7016

    Tiger won again. Oops, wrong thread...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Drink Milk. Lose Weight? Some Say Yes
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 11:56 PM
  2. Where will the pistons lose their first game?
    By judge-mental in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 11:41 PM
  3. Yes, you will get banned. The rules are there for a reason
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
  4. YES- Finally some GOOD news on the PH Ban!
    By Chuck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 08:43 AM
  5. Oh yes...the packages have arrived!
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in