Yes, YES THE PATRIOTS LOSE!! YES!!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Lack of a running game really showed for New England. Maroney benefits so much from their passing game. They need to draft a real starter or sign somebody who is legit. Antowain Smith had more heart

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Taking your team down the field with 4 minutes to play to take the lead is crap?

Dude, put the pipe down.
    Yeah, he had a good drive, so they basically played like crap the rest of the game.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    I agree with you. Those of us who are Pats fans, are gonna act like sore losers. But if we won, then the Giants fans would've acted like sore losers and, you're right, several Pats fans would've been gloating for the next several weeks. Regardless of which team won, the winners are gonna gloat.
    Being a pats/red sox fan i'm not a sore loser, nor will i ever be one. It's a game, we've lost as we've won......We've certainly had our fair share of victory over the years. Congrats to the giants in the end, but the pats remain a team to be reckoned with in the years to come......

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

4. I will say this, that was one HELL of a game!

To have back to back brothers win the Super Bowl is just awesome!

Patriots honestly played like the Rams did when the Patriots were the underdogs and won - that's Ironic.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Being a pats/red sox fan i'm not a sore loser, nor will i ever be one. It's a game, we've lost as we've won......We've certainly had our fair share of victory over the years. Congrats to the giants in the end, but the pats remain a team to be reckoned with in the years to come......
    Oh definitely Trauma, and for anybody wondering I've conceded as much to Trauma through PMs plenty of times.

I absolutely despise the Pats and probably let my emotions get the best of me, and I apologize.

With that being said, I'm not going to be assailed because I'm happy another team lost; anybody who says one who revels in a hated rivals loss lacks character has either never watched sports or is lying. Rivals cheer for rivals to lose constantly, it's called competitive rivalries.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Big Dane View Post
    Yeah, he had a good drive, so they basically played like crap the rest of the game.
    So did Manning and the Giants. The last team that had the ball won (well, with enough time..lol). The statement applies for both sides...defense ruled the day. Manning showed a TON of heart and really proved many people, including myself, wrong. Congratz to him as he earned it. He did what other greats have done, lead their team to a Superbowl in the final minutes.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    The real story though was Eli... never again will people doubt him. That final drive was "Brady-Esque". Funny to use that now to describe it. Brady... I don't think he'll sleep for weeks. He had his chances, but man did he get beat up when they came.

I guess I agree, although expectations will go up for him that he is now an elite QB... which he isn't. I won't bash him anymore, but he's likely to be the same guy next year. The GMen weren't running the ball much bettter than the Patriots so Manning did come through. Kevin Boss had a huge play, I think that drive resulted in a TD. Shockey would have made an impact, whether good or bad.. who knows.

The real loser in all of this, besides Coach Bill, is Tiki Barber.. Looks pretty ****1ng stupid now

8. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    They are going to have to revamp their aging defense, unless they are going to start handing out Geritol and Poli-Grip at training camp....
    Armed to the teeth.

9. Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....

Legendary

10. Recall the Bradshaw (NY-RB) fumble that was recovered by Pierre Woods (NE-LB), then ripped back out by Bradshaw in the 2nd quarter. Huge play. Totally a field possession game. Giants were the better 'team' today by 3 points. Great win.. The Front 5 for the Patriots didn't give their best effort, I couldn't believe how sleepy they looked.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....
    No, of course not. I'm a Colts fan.

If the Colts would have lost last year T, you would have been just as, if not happier.

12. I'm just depressed that the season is over... Now I get to look forward to being let down yet again this year pulling for my beloved Cubs.

I'll miss the NFL...

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Oh definitely Trauma, and for anybody wondering I've conceded as much to Trauma through PMs plenty of times.

I absolutely despise the Pats and probably let my emotions get the best of me, and I apologize.

With that being said, I'm not going to be assailed because I'm happy another team lost; anybody who says one who revels in a hated rivals loss lacks character has either never watched sports or is lying. Rivals cheer for rivals to lose constantly, it's called competitive rivalries.

It's weird, it just still suprises me. I played the game for years, and I've been a fan for even more. The love/hate for teams is only pronounced in someone when the love for the game isn't there. You gotta be true to the game, not a team.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....
    When you're really good, you're gonna get a lot of hate, period!

15. Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    I'm just depressed that the season is over... Now I get to look forward to being let down yet again this year pulling for my beloved Cubs.

I'll miss the NFL...
    THIS IS WHAT KILLS ME. No more football (except for the All Star game). I've enjoyed doing my once-weekly long runs on Sunday during the games. Keeps me occupied. I weep for the lack of football to come...

16. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

I wouldn't expect anything less man, but you cerainly know i'm not a sore loser in the end. The rivalry aspect is great for sports in general. We lost, It really sucks......man it sucks......but next year is a new year for all....

Legendary

17. .........or if you think you're really good and you're not, the pats would be the former.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    And most of it either unjustified or out of jealousy
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    It's weird, it just still suprises me. I played the game for years, and I've been a fan for even more. The love/hate for teams is only pronounced in someone when the love for the game isn't there. You gotta be true to the game, not a team.
    Well you can question my 'love' for the game all you want H, that truly doesn't bother me. I'll still be free to display my emotions (though I have already admitted they were short-sighted) as I please, and would definitely not criticize you for doing the same.

I've been a Colts fan since Peyton's draft-day, and as such hate the Pats for owning my team. If that means I don't have a 'love for the game', than so be it; though I think that's rather idealist. I just like seeing my rival lose, that's that.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    No, of course not. I'm a Colts fan.

If the Colts would have lost last year T, you would have been just as, if not happier.
    For sho brotha

Legendary

21. Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And most of it either unjustified or out of jealousy
    Jerry took the words out of my mouth.......

Legendary

22. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Welker should have gotten the MVP. I understand giving it to Manning though. I didn't think the Patriots were so unpopular, I wanted them to win and so did most of America according to ESPN. All the Colts fans became Giants fans. Peyton is the reason everyone likes Eli.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    As my buddy always tells me, "How can you hate the Jets. They haven't done anything in 40 years..."

24. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Yeah it's part of the game bro......

Legendary

25. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59 View Post
    Welker should have gotten the MVP. I understand giving it to Manning though. I didn't think the Patriots were so unpopular, I wanted them to win and so did most of America according to ESPN. All the Colts fans became Giants fans. Peyton is the reason everyone likes Eli.
    Welker is the best slot reciever in the NFL period imho!

Legendary

26. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Well you can question my 'love' for the game all you want H, that truly doesn't bother me. I'll still be free to display my emotions (though I have already admitted they were short-sighted) as I please, and would definitely not criticize you for doing the same.

I've been a Colts fan since Peyton's draft-day, and as such hate the Pats for owning my team. If that means I don't have a 'love for the game', than so be it; though I think that's rather idealist. I just like seeing my rival lose, that's that.
    I think you just need to take it in perspective. I do understand how you were a bit out of it when it ended, just put the game in front of the rivalry... not to knock on anyone (including you mullet), but I'd go out on a limb and say that one would need to have played the game to fully appreciate it.

I just don't see the point of routing for opposing teams to lose. I don't hope loss upon other teams, not because I don't have rivalries, but it's just beyond me to do so. I route for the better team to win, and today, the Giants were UNDOUBTEDLY the better team. I'm suprised it wasn't a blowout for the Giants - they played unlike anything I've ever seen.

27. ...Where all my Panthers fans at?
    That was such a great game, on both sides of the ball. Say what you will about each team, I'm just glad it was a close game. Exciting to the end.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

28. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Welker is the best slot reciever in the NFL period imho!
    I almost want to agree with this... he is truely rediculous. Not sure if he's the best in the LEAGUE, but by far the quickest guy in the NFL (I think including running backs too).

29. Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    I think you just need to take it in perspective. I do understand how you were a bit out of it when it ended, just put the game in front of the rivalry... not to knock on anyone (including you mullet), but I'd go out on a limb and say that one would need to have played the game to fully appreciate it.

I just don't see the point of routing for opposing teams to lose. I don't hope loss upon other teams, not because I don't have rivalries, but it's just beyond me to do so. I route for the better team to win, and today, the Giants were UNDOUBTEDLY the better team. I'm suprised it wasn't a blowout for the Giants - they played unlike anything I've ever seen.
    It was an absolutely fantastic game. When I watch MMA, my favourite sport, for example, do you know what I hope for first and foremost? A great fight. A long, drawn-out, competitive battle to display the sport. Same with the 'Bowl, first and foremost, I hope for an amazing SuperBowl worthy game.

Beyond that though, I still will not feel bad for rooting for another team to lose, that's sports, and I am honestly quite surprised that if you played you are so flabbergasted by this.

Do you think Duke students were cheering for UNC a few years when they went to the final? I doubt it.

30. All of my friends hate the Patriots simply because they are/were/whatever the best team in the NFL -- and as much as I can't stand the word, they're just textbook "haters"

Similar Forum Threads

1. Drink Milk. Lose Weight? Some Say Yes
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 01:56 AM
  2. Where will the pistons lose their first game?
    By judge-mental in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 01:41 AM
  3. Yes, you will get banned. The rules are there for a reason
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 12:26 AM
  4. YES- Finally some GOOD news on the PH Ban!
    By Chuck in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:43 AM
  5. Oh yes...the packages have arrived!
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 11:52 AM