Yes, YES THE PATRIOTS LOSE!! YES!!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
THE PATSIES LOST AGAINST THE GIANTS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I will never forget this as long as I live. Oh yeah, anti-patsies theme party at my house, multiple kegs and bottles. Everyone's invited!
Oh, I'd be very embarrassed to lose to such a team, myself.

The Giants had luck on their side and an amazing defense lined up. Brady's slacking definitely handed the game to the Giants.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
it is interesting how the pats success has brought them so must resentment...i personally enjoyed the chance to watch a team make history, even though they blew it. and i am not a pats fan by any means. i am just sick of hearing the king of all haters, mercury morris. at least we will only have to hear his comments for another day or two before he disappears and then reappears when someone starts 12-0 and he can return with more of his BS.

i will say, the game went quick and ended early, which was nice. gave me the chance to watch the replay of the puppy bowl on animal planet.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, I'd be very embarrassed to lose to such a team, myself.

The Giants had luck on their side and an amazing defense lined up. Brady's slacking definitely handed the game to the Giants.
Brady didn't lose that game......the team did as a whole.

Benderzzz

Awards
The giants won the game
no way the pats lost the game because of bad play
they lost because the Giants D-Line turned the best performance in history. They hit Brady more times then he had been hit all year long in one game. And he got Fvcked up. He wasnt able to sit there with a nice pretty uniform all game and pick apart a Defense. All I can say is "about time".
One of the best Super Bowls of all time imo.

1meand

Awards
I've disliked the Pats since about 1985, and cheered for whoever has played them. This was a great Superbowl. I know the sportscasters and media won't say anything about it, but what does everyone thing about the classless act of that piece of sh!t Belichick. He knew that there was time left on the clock and when the ref told him, he just turned around and walked to the locker room. He could have got his team off the field and waited for two seconds. I know he just lost, but he needs to take a lesson from Brady and show some class and be a gracious loser. Instead with an attitude like his, no matter how much winning he does or what he accomplishes, he will always be a loser.

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it was that bad...the game was over, the field was covered with players their family and press. They just should have took the second off the clock. Atleast he had the decency to march out to center and give coughlin his props. Although, I would have enjoyed a little more camera on bill in defeat...didn't get much of that this year.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you imagine how arrogant Bostonites would be if the Pats won, and then in June, the Celtics won?? Three important championships in ONE year!

They would be the new Yankee fans. :lol:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Brady didn't lose that game......the team did as a whole.
I didn't say that. What I was saying was this: the Giants playing great defense and Brady's slacking didn't help any. Of course the Pats' defense and offense could've been a little bit better. The Giants' D plowed right through the Pats' offensive line.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The giants won the game
no way the pats lost the game because of bad play
they lost because the Giants D-Line turned the best performance in history. They hit Brady more times then he had been hit all year long in one game. And he got Fvcked up. He wasnt able to sit there with a nice pretty uniform all game and pick apart a Defense. All I can say is "about time".
One of the best Super Bowls of all time imo.
It definitely was a great Super Bowl. I'm gonna have to agree with you. Like I've been saying, the Giants' D was amazing last night. That's definitely what won them the game.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
You guys who are upset about Mercury Morris' comments need to get over it. The bottom line is that THEY accomplished perfection and in the last now 36 years, NO ONE else has. And about the "arrogant"Yankee fans, we're not arrogant just successful and will be again in the near future.

:bruce3:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And about the "arrogant"Yankee fans, we're not arrogant just successful and will be again in the near future.

The fans are successful?

:lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And about the "arrogant"Yankee fans, we're not arrogant just successful and will be again in the near future.
Not if my Sox have anything to say about it......;) Spring training is just around the corner now. Can't wait!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, they didn't choke, they got their butts handed to them, do you like that better
:bruce3:.
I wouldn't be so brash in proclaiming a 17-14 game as getting your butt handed to you by any means.:think: It just goes to show that even when new england doesn't play well they still have the ability keep it close. If i recall correctly the steelers did themselves receive an actual butt whoopin at the hand of the patriots(34-13). Now that game was a perfect example of the statement "Getting your azz handed to you." :stick: It's all in good fun fastone. ;)

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be so brash in proclaiming a 17-14 game as getting your butt handed to you by any means.:think: It just goes to show that even when new england doesn't play well they still have the ability keep it close. If i recall correctly the steelers did themselves receive an actual butt whoopin at the hand of the patriots(34-13). Now that game was a perfect example of the statement "Getting your azz handed to you." :stick: It's all in good fun fastone. ;)
Yes the Steelers did get their butts handed to them, I won't argue that. The great thing is that in sports there's always next year:thumbsup: Yes it is in good fun, Now on to the Yankees................

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
untill baseball get's a real salary cap it is dead to me:saw:

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
And.....didn't the cowgirls suffer the same fate......I believe they did. :blink:
EVERY BODY DID!!!!!!!!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I CALLED IT! WE WOULD MEET THE PATS IN THE SUPER BOWL, AND WOULD RIP IT AWAY FROM THEM, N EVERY ONE AROUND ME THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!

18-1 means... NOTHING!!!

G-MEN 14-6..... CHAMPS!!!!!!

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
It's not that New England didn't play well, it's that the GIANTS DIDN'T ALLOW THEM TO!!!! They were hammering Brady ALL night long!!

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
I'm reveling right now! I'll have a more intellectual post tomorrow, but for now I'm lost in the emotion.

I think each and every New England fan deserves this, as they have been unbelievably talkative this year and rightfully so.
which reminds me, to all you Pats fans that were running your yaps............:FUfinger::nutkick::toofunny:!!!!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
EVERY BODY DID!!!!!!!!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I CALLED IT! WE WOULD MEET THE PATS IN THE SUPER BOWL, AND WOULD RIP IT AWAY FROM THEM, N EVERY ONE AROUND ME THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!

18-1 means... NOTHING!!!

G-MEN 14-6..... CHAMPS!!!!!!

18-1 does not mean nothing.. don't drop down to the 3rd grade level some other have.. conduct yourself like a man.

Did they deserve to win the game? Absolutely not, the Giants were dominant in all 4 quarters of the game with long drives and stonewall defense. Is their season a waste? No, definitly not. Less we forget the crazy records that their offense put up and the stunning first ever 16-0 season. I see it as a dissapointment to the team, but I'm reading too much how it's either ALL or NOTHING for some people. If you can't appreciate what a team can do throughout the entire season, you're a pathetic individual, straight up. Observing from a third-person standpoint, some of you are just nasty. Having rivalries shouldn't turn people into 10 year olds.

Benderzzz

Awards
plain and simple the pats got beat up in the trenches. that was the difference. If you recall both quarterbacks lead their respective teams to go ahead touchdown drives. It just so happened the Giants had the ball with just enough time to seal the deal.
now onto the real question what are the patriots going to do about that old defense.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
plain and simple the pats got beat up in the trenches. that was the difference. If you recall both quarterbacks lead their respective teams to go ahead touchdown drives. It just so happened the Giants had the ball with just enough time to seal the deal.
now onto the real question what are the patriots going to do about that old defense.
Seau and Bruschi, as effective as they are, are on their final seasons as NFL players. If they had won the Superbowl, I think it would have been a done deal and both would retire. I can't even imagine the amount of pain they must be in however, after letting the Giants drive it literally through them for the win. That sole reason may be enough to bring back both - no one likes to go out on a sore note. Real tough to say however, as they really are some of the oldest players in the NFL (and in one of the most physical as well).

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again my hats off to the giants on a game well played. These frequent statements of "The season meant nothing" crap is just beyond ridiculous. A 16-0(unbeaten) regular season with a slew of records to go along with it is impressive on all levels. There is a reason only one other team went undefeated in the regular season, because it's just about beyond impossible to do week in and out.

The giants won that game on a last minute drive that was impressive. They made some nice plays and got it done in the end. That game certainly could have gone either way in the final minutes. For as bad as the pats looked and played, they certainly kept the game within reach and were ahead 14-10 with 2.5 minutes left.

I'd be willing to bet that most of us will never see their undefeated 16-0 season feat matched again in any of our lifetimes. The pats lost......any given sunday it can happen to everyone and anybody, even the best teams. The giants were the better team in this game no doubt about it, but were they the better team in the season as a whole?....i think not. They were better in the game that meant most though, and as a result they won what means most. The patriots have been there before and will be back there again. You can bet that New England as a team will regroup and continue to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
18-1 does not mean nothing.. don't drop down to the 3rd grade level some other have.. conduct yourself like a man.

Did they deserve to win the game? Absolutely not, the Giants were dominant in all 4 quarters of the game with long drives and stonewall defense. Is their season a waste? No, definitly not. Less we forget the crazy records that their offense put up and the stunning first ever 16-0 season. I see it as a dissapointment to the team, but I'm reading too much how it's either ALL or NOTHING for some people. If you can't appreciate what a team can do throughout the entire season, you're a pathetic individual, straight up. Observing from a third-person standpoint, some of you are just nasty. Having rivalries shouldn't turn people into 10 year olds.
Ummmm....ok there buddy, settle down! Easy with the calling people 3rd graders and 10 year olds when you are going to go crying about a s*it talking statement!! Of course it was a great accomplishment and no one can take that away from them. I bet if you were to ask the Pats themselves right now, they would also say that it means nothing, but that is just because they are upset. It would have had MUCH more meaning, had they gone all the way. As for some of those records, particularly the highest scoring offense ever, we can also sit here and argue that they ran up the score vs mediocre teams. I made that 18-1 statement for the same reason that every one else does....TO GLOAT A BIT!! ANy body and everybody who wins, GLOATS! PEACE!:nutkick:

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its really sad that some people are so butt hurt about their team not being the best , that they would root against New England. no matter who your team is, it would have been cool to be able to tell your grandkids about how you saw the 07`Pats go 19-0.
I`m a Bills fan so i root against the Pats twice a year but other than that i dont care.
this is JUST LIKE how people hate on the Yankees. "just cause they are the Yankees."

SAD!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
You guys who are upset about Mercury Morris' comments need to get over it. The bottom line is that THEY accomplished perfection and in the last now 36 years, NO ONE else has. And about the "arrogant"Yankee fans, we're not arrogant just successful and will be again in the near future.

don't get me wrong, it's very impressive that they went undefeated. i just get sick of the way mercury downplayed the pats all season and talked up his team...i feel it's apples and oranges.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
its really sad that some people are so butt hurt about their team not being the best , that they would root against New England. no matter who your team is, it would have been cool to be able to tell your grandkids about how you saw the 07`Pats go 19-0.
I`m a Bills fan so i root against the Pats twice a year but other than that i dont care.
this is JUST LIKE how people hate on the Yankees. "just cause they are the Yankees."

SAD!
Touche, but it truely is a part of society. Weird, but just part of it. "Spread the wealth" could be a more confortable way of looking at it, I suppose.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
don't get me wrong, it's very impressive that they went undefeated. i just get sick of the way mercury downplayed the pats all season and talked up his team...i feel it's apples and oranges.
I honestly think the media ASKS him to do that.. I mean some of the things he says just baffles me beyond belief... you gotta have some balls to be able to say somethings like that. Non-football fans are even like.. what!? I actually found it humerous when he said the "any team on any given Sunday can win... except for 72".

Personally, I think the majority of today's NFL teams would absolutely destroy the 72' Dolphins. Modern players are bigger, faster, stronger... and without a doubt smarter. Trick plays were nearly non-existant back then, and a 5-wide open backfield was unheard of. There's the "what-if's" again though...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YES!!

God, this feels amazing. I was getting so sick and tired of all the fans, prognosticators and pundits claiming how this was the team of destiny. I have never been happier for a single event in my entire life, and I don't feel one bit ashamed about this post. I listened ALL WEEK as nobody gave the Giants a chance, and as people rode Brady like a golden boy. He had an unspectacular game, and the Patriots' season is worth ZERO!!

I don't even like sports and I watched the Super Bowl just so I could route for the Giants!. Hahaha!, I am also so happy that they won.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think the media ASKS him to do that.. I mean some of the things he says just baffles me beyond belief... you gotta have some balls to be able to say somethings like that. Non-football fans are even like.. what!? I actually found it humerous when he said the "any team on any given Sunday can win... except for 72".

Personally, I think the majority of today's NFL teams would absolutely destroy the 72' Dolphins. Modern players are bigger, faster, stronger... and without a doubt smarter. Trick plays were nearly non-existant back then, and a 5-wide open backfield was unheard of. There's the "what-if's" again though...
exactly, this is why it annoys me so much. here's a tidbit from this- http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/03/SP2AUQAQ5.DTL

"They would kick our (behinds) up and down the field, from one side to the other," said former tight end Jim Mandich, now color analyst for Dolphins radio broadcasts and a popular talk-show host in South Florida. "It would be 38-0 at halftime."

Using raw data, it would be hard to argue his point.

Just start in the trenches. Miami's offensive line averaged 253 pounds. Guard Larry Little, the greatest lineman in team history, was the heaviest of the group at 265 pounds. They'd be blocking a New England 3-4 front of Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren that averages 312 pounds.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
The rhetoric and delivery might have seemed harsh but, my impression of what he said was that people were anointing the Patriots relative to perfection way too early.

It seemed very unlikely that the Pats would ever lose but that's why they play. Even with loss, the Patriots statistically had a awesome year but once again David killed Goliath in the end and what Mercury said ends up being right.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i guess it's moot now that the pats lost anyways. the pats can look on the bright side....if anyone ever does go 19-0 they'll have to license it from the pats to market it :twisted:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
The rhetoric and delivery might have seemed harsh but, my impression of what he said was that people were anointing the Patriots relative to perfection way too early.

It seemed very unlikely that the Pats would ever lose but that's why they play. Even with loss, the Patriots statistically had a awesome year but once again David killed Goliath in the end and what Mercury said ends up being right.

I can't say that I find anything Mercury Morris to say as right... he ended up still being the only team to go undefeated for a reason, but that was really it.. I don't buy the hype and think the Patriots were a fake, and still regard them as one of the best teams in the history of the game. Giants beat them fair and square, but Morris never called that at all.. he actually dissapeared completely once the playoffs began, for obvious reasons.
I can't imagine the relief he was feeling Sunday night... he really put his ass on the line when he called out the Patriots, and it came down the to final minute of the Superbowl. Crazy stuff...

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
this may have already been posted but i thought it was funny:

Boston police today reported finding a body in the Charles River.
The victim apparently drowned due to excessive alcohol consumption.
He was described as wearing black fishnet stockings, a red garter belt, a pink wig, a strap-on dildo, a Patriot's jersey, and had a cucumber stuffed up his ass.
The police graciously removed the Patriot's jersey to spare the family unnecessary embarrassment.

BDAWG

BDAWG

Awards

He was described as wearing black fishnet stockings, a red garter belt, a pink wig, a strap-on dildo, a Patriot's jersey, and had a cucumber stuffed up his ass.
The police graciously removed the Patriot's jersey to spare the family unnecessary embarrassment.
Hahaha! Quality!

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established

:toofunny::toofunny: Holy crap, where the heck did you dig that one up from?!! LMAO!!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Hank, you're killing me buddy........:rasp::D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha.

no one feels bad for you boston sports fans.

it's not like you are deprived of championships in that city.
Man i really would have liked to see it happen though. It would have been an amazing historical sports accomplishment to witness in our lifetime. The good news is that spring training is almost upon us. I'm already getting the baseball fever.....GO SOX BABY!!:djparty:

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I loved seeing Brady get hit so many times, it made my month.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
These frequent statements of "The season meant nothing" crap is just beyond ridiculous. A 16-0(unbeaten) regular season with a slew of records to go along with it is impressive on all levels. There is a reason only one other team went undefeated in the regular season, because it's just about beyond impossible to do week in and out.
I never see any Pats fans mentioning that the Steelers went 15-1 in 2004 because No one cares. Same concept with 16-0. I'm pretty sure the Broncos had a 15 win season in the late 90's and no one cared until they won the SB.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never see any Pats fans mentioning that the Steelers went 15-1 in 2004 because No one cares. Same concept with 16-0. I'm pretty sure the Broncos had a 15 win season in the late 90's and no one cared until they won the SB.
I hear ya. I wear my undefeated 16-0 shirt and catch sh*t about it all the time. Yes, the pats lost the superbowl, but they still went undefeated in the regular season and almost closed the deal. The steelers did have a good team that year, i don't deny that. I just loathe the steelers. ;)

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
The only reason I like to see these guys lose is because it means they're still 2 rings behind the Steelers :D

RED DOG!!! this post was obviously posted a while ago....but I definetely hear you there. Pittsburgh born and bred bro!! The Pittsburgh Steelers....the greatest sports franchise ever........EVER!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
RED DOG!!! this post was obviously posted a while ago....but I definetely hear you there. Pittsburgh born and bred bro!! The Pittsburgh Steelers....the greatest sports franchise ever........EVER!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

I'm a long time Steeler Fan (35 years) however, when it comes to greatest sports franchise they get my nod in Football obviously but, the greatest sports franchise overall is hands down the New York Yankees followed by the Montreal Canadiens.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hear ya. I wear my undefeated 16-0 shirt and catch sh*t about it all the time. Yes, the pats lost the superbowl, but they still went undefeated in the regular season and almost closed the deal. The steelers did have a good team that year, i don't deny that. I just loathe the steelers. ;)
Sounds like we have a friendly rivalry my friend :cheers:

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I'm a long time Steeler Fan (35 years) however, when it comes to greatest sports franchise they get my nod in Football obviously but, the greatest sports franchise overall is hands down the New York Yankees followed by the Montreal Canadiens.

Fastone....you obviously can't argue against the yankees. There is too much history there to dispute!! Not a hockey guy so I can't say anything about the canadiens, except that I do know they were dominant in their day. Just being from Pittsburgh I can only talk for myself, but the utter infatuation this city has with it's football team is insane. With what happened in the 70's, with the fans at 3 rivers, DEFENSE!!, and all of the unfortunate things that happened to the city with the steel industry causing families to move from the area, thus creating "The Steeler Nation". You can go to San Francisco, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Toronto, Boston, Detroit, Virginia, Seattle, Rome, Australia and find a place to watch a Steelers game (after some hard work of course). It's a great thing to be a steeler fan, it's family, as you know!! I love going to D.C. to see friends, we always manage to wear out Steeler jerseys at least a night when we go out, and get mad love...and some hate haha.

I know you can say the exact same for the Yankees, like I said above, their history is VERY rich. Yankees fans anywhere! I just had to throw that out for all the steeler fans! I don't think alot of people realize just how far reaching the fan base is.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Fastone....you obviously can't argue against the yankees. There is too much history there to dispute!! Not a hockey guy so I can't say anything about the canadiens, except that I do know they were dominant in their day. Just being from Pittsburgh I can only talk for myself, but the utter infatuation this city has with it's football team is insane. With what happened in the 70's, with the fans at 3 rivers, DEFENSE!!, and all of the unfortunate things that happened to the city with the steel industry causing families to move from the area, thus creating "The Steeler Nation". You can go to San Francisco, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Toronto, Boston, Detroit, Virginia, Seattle, Rome, Australia and find a place to watch a Steelers game (after some hard work of course). It's a great thing to be a steeler fan, it's family, as you know!! I love going to D.C. to see friends, we always manage to wear out Steeler jerseys at least a night when we go out, and get mad love...and some hate haha.

I know you can say the exact same for the Yankees, like I said above, their history is VERY rich. Yankees fans anywhere! I just had to throw that out for all the steeler fans! I don't think alot of people realize just how far reaching the fan base is.

No doubt,the love for the Steelers transcends winning or losing. I have been in the area for pre-season games and you would think that it was the Super Bowl (lol). Actually, I think people are stating to catch on since every away game always has a large Steeler contingent, no matter where it is.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
No doubt,the love for the Steelers transcends winning or losing. I have been in the area for pre-season games and you would think that it was the Super Bowl (lol). Actually, I think people are stating to catch on since every away game always has a large Steeler contingent, no matter where it is.

Yeah. I agree with you there. I was able to go to the monday night game against Jacksonville two years ago. There is an area in Jacksonville called jacksonville landing....very much like Station Square in Pittsburgh if you're familiar. We got dropped off there by our hotel shuttle, ALL STEELER FANS!! I couldn't believe it. It was definetely cool, felt like a home game. Preseason games are fun.....cheap.....and easy to come by, which is cool. I'll tell you what though, if you have an opportunity for any games against division rivals...or better yet playoffs TAKE THE TICKETS. The tailgate alone will be worth it!