Yes, YES THE PATRIOTS LOSE!! YES!!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Whatever bring on the comments.......The pats still won 18 straight games among the many records they set this year. It's funny though that the majority of the people that have something to say are'nt even proclaimed giants fans.....
Welker should have gotten the MVP. I understand giving it to Manning though. I didn't think the Patriots were so unpopular, I wanted them to win and so did most of America according to ESPN. All the Colts fans became Giants fans. Peyton is the reason everyone likes Eli.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you're really good, you're gonna get a lot of hate, period!
As my buddy always tells me, "How can you hate the Jets. They haven't done anything in 40 years..."

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welker should have gotten the MVP. I understand giving it to Manning though. I didn't think the Patriots were so unpopular, I wanted them to win and so did most of America according to ESPN. All the Colts fans became Giants fans. Peyton is the reason everyone likes Eli.
Welker is the best slot reciever in the NFL period imho!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Well you can question my 'love' for the game all you want H, that truly doesn't bother me. I'll still be free to display my emotions (though I have already admitted they were short-sighted) as I please, and would definitely not criticize you for doing the same.

I've been a Colts fan since Peyton's draft-day, and as such hate the Pats for owning my team. If that means I don't have a 'love for the game', than so be it; though I think that's rather idealist. I just like seeing my rival lose, that's that.
I think you just need to take it in perspective. I do understand how you were a bit out of it when it ended, just put the game in front of the rivalry... not to knock on anyone (including you mullet), but I'd go out on a limb and say that one would need to have played the game to fully appreciate it.

I just don't see the point of routing for opposing teams to lose. I don't hope loss upon other teams, not because I don't have rivalries, but it's just beyond me to do so. I route for the better team to win, and today, the Giants were UNDOUBTEDLY the better team. I'm suprised it wasn't a blowout for the Giants - they played unlike anything I've ever seen.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
...Where all my Panthers fans at? :run: :toofunny:
That was such a great game, on both sides of the ball. Say what you will about each team, I'm just glad it was a close game. Exciting to the end.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Welker is the best slot reciever in the NFL period imho!
I almost want to agree with this... he is truely rediculous. Not sure if he's the best in the LEAGUE, but by far the quickest guy in the NFL (I think including running backs too).

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you just need to take it in perspective. I do understand how you were a bit out of it when it ended, just put the game in front of the rivalry... not to knock on anyone (including you mullet), but I'd go out on a limb and say that one would need to have played the game to fully appreciate it.

I just don't see the point of routing for opposing teams to lose. I don't hope loss upon other teams, not because I don't have rivalries, but it's just beyond me to do so. I route for the better team to win, and today, the Giants were UNDOUBTEDLY the better team. I'm suprised it wasn't a blowout for the Giants - they played unlike anything I've ever seen.
It was an absolutely fantastic game. When I watch MMA, my favourite sport, for example, do you know what I hope for first and foremost? A great fight. A long, drawn-out, competitive battle to display the sport. Same with the 'Bowl, first and foremost, I hope for an amazing SuperBowl worthy game.

Beyond that though, I still will not feel bad for rooting for another team to lose, that's sports, and I am honestly quite surprised that if you played you are so flabbergasted by this.

Do you think Duke students were cheering for UNC a few years when they went to the final? I doubt it.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
All of my friends hate the Patriots simply because they are/were/whatever the best team in the NFL -- and as much as I can't stand the word, they're just textbook "haters"

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I almost want to agree with this... he is truely rediculous. Not sure if he's the best in the LEAGUE, but by far the quickest guy in the NFL (I think including running backs too).
Santana Moss or Welker... Santana can play the flanker spot though.. Welker is awesome but plays along with Randy Moss. Another guy little white dude, Mike Furrey, is pretty sweet too.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
.........or if you think you're really good and you're not, the pats would be the former.
Are you kidding me? seriously?......You sound like a damn hater alex!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
It was an absolutely fantastic game. When I watch MMA, my favourite sport, for example, do you know what I hope for first and foremost? A great fight. A long, drawn-out, competitive battle to display the sport. Same with the 'Bowl, first and foremost, I hope for an amazing SuperBowl worthy game.

Beyond that though, I still will not feel bad for rooting for another team to lose, that's sports, and I am honestly quite surprised that if you played you are so flabbergasted by this.

Do you think Duke students were cheering for UNC a few years when they went to the final? I doubt it.
Nice, same with me... MMA is the true test of athleticism. Put a trained fighter against any "pro" athlete that we speak of, and that guys going down fast and hard (even the ever quick Wes Welker).

I do understand the competative hating, but those are kids man. Unfortunately, and I don't know why it reminds me of the Taliban, but it's like they are born into it. We're adults here... love the game fellas!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Patriots nearly won the game, it's not like they got crapped on.... I think ESPN jinxed, they did the same thing to USC2006 calling them the 'best team ever' before their season was over. 3 weeks later, Vince Young singlehandedly beats them.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Patriots nearly won the game, it's not like they got crapped on.... I think ESPN jinxed, they did the same thing to USC2006 calling them the 'best team ever' before their season was over. 3 weeks later, Vince Young singlehandedly beats them.
Bro I was SHOCKED that the Patriots didn't pick Eli on that final drive. Samuels had it in his hands no-contest. I seriously feel for that man... he single-handedly could have ended it, and he will forever live with that. Harrison had his chances too. Was not meant to be!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Leave Wayne Chrebet out of this :lol:
haha, I have his jersey.

I knew something was weird in this game went Tyree made that catch. It was the fastest 1st half I've ever seen in ANY football game. Moss was shutout in the 1st half, I think.. maybe 1 ball.
Belichick won't ever get over this loss.. how can he?

If Ellis Hobbs catches that INT (right in his hands) on the 3rd and Long overthrow to Tyree the game is over. The following play is a bomb to Tyree and he somehow catches it over Harrison. Toomer had a weird catch in the 1st quarter. 12plays-83yards final drive, all Manning. Best drive of his career regardless of its significance.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Was not meant to be!
yeah that's how I felt. Perfect punts, Eli Manning is lights out on 3rd down, Maroney has no impact (not a surprise for me), Steve Smith (WR-NYG) makes key plays, Armani Toomer gets himself open, Tyree catch, Buress is wide open in the endzone.

The Patriots never found a rhythm... Their last drive was great, TD to Moss, but it's completely forgotten now. If Manning is intercepted, we talk about Brady's last drive and how he is the best ever.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Some people before had said (*if the Pats had won*) that NO ONE would EVER go 19-0 again.

I personally think that NO ONE WILL EVER go back to back brothers winning the Superbowl. That is quite possibly one of the strangest and wildest things I've ever witnessed in sports, especially being on such a huge competative stage such as the NFL. Pretty insane... the odds that two brothers will both be a starting quarterback in the NFL at the same time is seriously MINUTE to begin with!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Are you kidding me? seriously?......You sound like a damn hater alex!
The Patriots were the best team of the season (You can obviously forget that best of all time crap), The Giants were the best team tonight. The problem for the Patriots is, when you CHOKE at the end, all is for naught. btw, I thought Tom Brady was gracious and showed a lot of class in defeat.

:bruce3:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
The Patriots were the best team of the season (You can obviously forget that best of all time crap), The Giants were the best team tonight. The problem for the Patriots is, when you CHOKE at the end, all is for naught. btw, I thought Tom Brady was gracious and showed a lot of class in defeat.

I like what he said in the press conference - something about how he is dissapointed, but the fact was that they gave it their best shot. They lost, but the killer would have been if they didn't prepare. Admitting defeat takes a man, rather than thinking you got robbed. I was *almost* expecting some sort of that response from someone on the team, but none came. I'd say he's the classiest QB to ever have taken the field (there's a new topic lol... MOST CLASSY QB). Never will you see him talk smack, nor blame his teamates. He's a good man, and I wonder how much ice will be nursing his body tonight.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Sean Salisbury is telling us why this happened, he knew it along apparently... quick tune into ESPN, to be 'enlightened'. he is such a douche

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Oh a new york fan throws the "CHOKE" accusation out there huh....big surprise. You guys know it all too well in recent years don't you. I'll admit the giants won the game and they played better in the end, but don't sit here and proclaim the "choke" accusation like it means anything for new york football. Brady is argueably the best comeback QB ever in the sport. You can't win them all, but they certainly put up a season to be reckoned with for MANY years to come .......

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The New England Patriots 18-1......on the verge of being forgotten. An unparalled lack of perfection!
Relax T1 - I'm just ribbing you bro. I wanted the Pats to win, but i could not help to feel through out the week that the Giants were going to pull an upset - but DAMN, what a game!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Sean Salisbury is telling us why this happened, he knew it along apparently... quick tune into ESPN, to be 'enlightened'. he is such a douche
Yeah that's what I'm watching... kind just refreshing this and watching ESPN... SOME LIFE!
Yeah some sportcasters will definitly reap this up as much as they can.. I do like one thing he said though "The Patriots didn't lose this game, the Giants won it". I'm waiting for that fag Mercury Morris to come on.. man I can't stand that guy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Relax T1 - I'm just ribbing you bro. I wanted the Pats to win, but i could not help to feel through out the week that the Giants were going to pull an upset - but DAMN, what a game!
Matt your comment about people that put it in their sigs was obviously directed at me. Don't make me bring out the bears season now :think: ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tiger won again. Oops, wrong thread... :lol:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For sure... And I knew you would know it was just to rub you... Ha-Ha! Bears, eh? Booooooo!

I'm a Falcons fan! Oh wait - forget I said that!
Matt your comment about people that put it in their sigs was obviously directed at me. Don't make me bring out the bears season now :think: ;)

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Oh a new york fan throws the "CHOKE" accusation out there huh....big surprise. You guys know it all too well in recent years don't you. I'll admit the giants won the game and they played better in the end, but don't sit here and proclaim the "choke" accusation like it means anything for new york football. Brady is argueably the best comeback QB ever in the sport. You can't win them all, but they certainly put up a season to be reckoned with for MANY years to come .......

You're mistaken, I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler fan for the last 34 years. I did grow up in New York so, I'm happy for the Giants but Ok, they didn't choke, they got their butts handed to them, do you like that better

:bruce3:.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure... And I knew you would know it was just to rub you... Ha-Ha! Bears, eh? Booooooo!

I'm a Falcons fan! Oh wait - forget I said that!
Good god don't tell me you're a vick supporter? ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're mistaken, I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler fan for the last 34 years. I did grow up in New York so, I'm happy for the Giants but Ok, they didn't choke, they got their butts handed to them, do you like that better

:bruce3:.
A former new yorker that's a pitt fan? Interesting indeed. I'm busting your azz bro. I hate the steelers all the same! ;)

AM07

Awards
  • Established
At the beginning of the game, I didn't give a sh!t who won. One side of me wanted the Giants to win just so I could see the Patriots lose the chances of an undefeated season, but what's ironic is the other side of me wanted to see history being made tonight and see the Pats win. I kind of feel bad for Seau, he seems like a real stand-up guy and I hope he comes back for another year so he has a shot at the SB again and actually win it. I heard this week on ESPN that he has never missed one practice in his entire career, now that's amazing.

Then again, I wanted Strahan to win one before he retires as well, but I don't think he will. I think he's having too much fun and will stay at least one more year.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha, ohhh the bears. ....
haha ohhhh the cubs....
anywho.
I think as it was said before, either way people would be ranting and raving. And no one can say they would do it "politly" cause when your team wins the SB, you feel like a maniac.
T1, you know i was pullin for NY cause my guys (the Jags) got beat and that division is tough none-the less. Brady was slowing down all season it seemed. Manning was always on and off. But NY did put together a very good ending season, obviously not comparing to the NE season.

Either way it was a good game down to the wire. I thought at least 5 times NE D should have had pics.

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
This game easily could have gone the other way....the giants definately had their share of breaks. Like Moss said though their intensity could not match the Giants. Furthermore, how do you leave Plex one on one with hobs on a blitz in the red zone. They deserved to loose on that playcall alone. I think that just goes to show how confident the pats staff "was". Anyways, that was one of the best championship games I've seen in any sport congrats to the PatsX3 for a terrific season and thank you Giants for putting it to an end. I just hope my Seahawks figure out a way to run the ball with greatness and win their sh**y division again! Oh and T1 it's all good...you and I and everyone else that knows or even doesn't know a thing about the NFL knows that this is not the end of the dynasty known as the Pats. I definately agree that Wes "white lightning " Welker is the best slot in the world and I would love to see him and many other patriots in a Seahawk uniform. You guys whining about hating take it to another thread and let us haters bask in this for atleast tonight!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn Haters!.......:D

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
At the beginning of the game, I didn't give a sh!t who won. One side of me wanted the Giants to win just so I could see the Patriots lose the chances of an undefeated season, but what's ironic is the other side of me wanted to see history being made tonight and see the Pats win. I kind of feel bad for Seau, he seems like a real stand-up guy and I hope he comes back for another year so he has a shot at the SB again and actually win it. I heard this week on ESPN that he has never missed one practice in his entire career, now that's amazing.

Then again, I wanted Strahan to win one before he retires as well, but I don't think he will. I think he's having too much fun and will stay at least one more year.
Strahan won't retire because he can't afford to...he's got a divorce to pay for!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Strahan won't retire because he can't afford to...he's got a divorce to pay for!
15 years in the leagues man. i think hes got some pocket change....anywho.

He wont retire casue he is now in the best shape of his life, minus the ever expanding gap he has.(sorry that was a cheap shot but i chose to leave it there)haha
He is goin to be around for awhile and be productive, very.
I think NYG have a decent foundation to build on from here. Theyshowed they have the heart and drive, now they jsut need to play consistant. Sure they dont have huge names or top players in the league, but they make plays, thats all that matters.

I think NE D will needa little make-over not next but prolly the one after season. Junior and Bruschi(sp?) are gettin there, but holding up well...somehow....wont get into that.

I did tip my hat to NE as they are goin to be always remembered for the good and bad as will NYG.

Seeing P. Manning that happy for his bro was pretty cool too.

I'm sorry tho to everyone now becasue Jacksonville will prolly shut some of these teams down, NE, Pitts, Indy, just gotta do what ya gotta to sometimes. :ntome::stick:

Take care everyone.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
God i hate peyton manning, but he's very talented lol.......it goes back to his days at tennessee......however he NEVER beat the gators haha!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
God i hate peyton manning, but he's very talented lol.......it goes back to his days at tennessee......however he NEVER beat the gators haha!
Oooohhhh so now youre hatin' ehhh....? mmhmhhhhmmmmm.....

haha, come on P. Manning is an o.k. guy, you know deep down inside he knows he is the man(especially last season) but you know Brady has always been the same....yea.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oooohhhh so now youre hatin' ehhh....? mmhmhhhhmmmmm.....

haha, come on P. Manning is an o.k. guy, you know deep down inside he knows he is the man(especially last season) but you know Brady has always been the same....yea.
I hate him, but respect his talent. However again, he NEVER beat the gators! That in itself is good enough for me haha :)

BDAWG

BDAWG

Awards
THE PATSIES LOST AGAINST THE GIANTS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I will never forget this as long as I live. Oh yeah, anti-patsies theme party at my house, multiple kegs and bottles. Everyone's invited!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know what's good enough for me??

THE PATSIES LOST AGAINST THE GIANTS!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I will never forget this as long as I live. Oh yeah, anti-patsies theme party at my house, multiple kegs and bottles. Everyone's invited!
And.....didn't the cowgirls suffer the same fate......I believe they did. :blink:

BDAWG

BDAWG

Awards
Yeah, but this one was the "one that counted". The dynasty just couldn't pull it through.

But honestly Trauma, this is all in the name of the game. I really have no hard feeling against you. It's all in good fun.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but this one was the "one that counted". The dynasty just couldn't pull it through.

But honestly Trauma, this is all in the name of the game. I really have no hard feeling against you. It's all in good fun.
I know man, same here. I'm pissed beyond belief, but i've been through it with my sox before many times. Next year.......game on haha :)

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Can you imagine how arrogant Bostonites would be if the Pats won, and then in June, the Celtics won?? Three important championships in ONE year!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you imagine how arrogant Bostonites would be if the Pats won, and then in June, the Celtics won?? Three important championships in ONE year!
I could only imagine........of course i ABSOLUTELY was! :)