NCAA spread time

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

  1. First of all, thank you Patriots for funding my supplement habits for the next 3 months

    My picks this week include
    My lock is the OVER (49 points) in the Arizona St. & Oregon St. game. PAC-10 defenses are horrible this year, money in the bank !

    other picks I like are
    New England - 3 OVER Indianapolis
    Denver + 2.5 OVER Pittsburgh
    Atlanta -5 OVER Detroit
    West Virginia +1 OVER Louisville
    Nebraska -6 OVER Missouri
    Arkansas -2.5 OVER South Carolina
    The over in the USC & Stanford game (46.5)
    The over in Minnesota & San Francisco (42) - The Vikings alone should put up 31
    Last edited by Iron Warrior; 11-01-2006 at 10:10 PM.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone

    The NFL was Fatigue and Pain, College was Fun.
    But which one sets you up for life ?

    P.S. I'd kill a Stanford alum to play pro if I could get away with it LOL
    •   
       


  3. Lloyd Carr is from Church Hill, TN.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    First of all, thank you Patriots for funding my supplement habits for the next 3 months

    My picks this week include
    My lock is the OVER (49 points) in the Arizona St. & Oregon St. game. PAC-10 defenses are horrible this year, money in the bank !

    other picks I like are
    New England - 3 OVER Indianapolis
    Denver + 2.5 OVER Pittsburgh
    Atlanta -5 OVER Detroit
    West Virginia +1 OVER Louisville
    Nebraska -6 OVER Missouri
    Arkansas -2.5 OVER South Carolina
    The over in the USC & Stanford game (46.5)
    The over in Minnesota & San Francisco (42) - The Vikings alone should put up 31
    looks good IW! my only disagreement is louisville over west virginia. im thinking louiville will win this. WV only has a run game and the cardinals have one of the best rush defenses in the nation. their pass defense struggles but WV isnt a threat with the pass. louisville will put up many points with brohm back and i doubt WV will be able to hang. ive watched WV games and havent been impressed. plus home field advantage for louisville = big win. im just thinking out loud here but i feel strongly about this.

    p.s. - the over with OSU/ASU looks really solid. e****lant choice! will definitely happen IF there arent any weather issues.

  5. WVU @ Louisville - One thing that is worth thinking about is the WVU pass defense. ECU threw for about 250 yards and would have had over 300 if it were not for many dropepd passes. ECU is really the only passing team WVU has faced. So the question I have is how will they handle Brohm?

  6. Brohm hasn't looked so hot since rushing back from that thumb injury. He's got just 1Td and 2 INTs in 2 games and it wasn't like either game was a blowout and they didnt need points. I usually love Louisville at home and I keep reading about UL's rush defense but I also remember Cincy rushing for over 200 yds against them and almost beating them at Papa John's a few weeks ago. Cincy's QB and RB are ok but they're no Slaton and White and Cincy is definitely no WVU. Brohm wasn't even supposed to be back for a few more weeks, definitely isn't 100% and the weather is supposed to be cold and very windy tonight. As much as UL at home has been money in the bank for me the past few years, I like WVU tonite.

  7. looks like i stand alone on this one. GO LOUISVILLE!!!

  8. As I expected, WVU pass defense got exposed. WVU had no answer for Brohm.

    Also, Kent St. -14 is a solid play.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by size
    As I expected, WVU pass defense got exposed. WVU had no answer for Brohm.

    Also, Kent St. -14 is a solid play.
    kent state -14? i see it at -16. i put them in the following parlay (i bought at least 1/2 point if not more on every game but i think its solid):

    kent state -13.5
    indiana +7.5
    maryland +21.5
    georgia -6.5

    my other plays this week are indiana again on a straight wager with arkansas and BC. im thinking i might change my money bet from v tech to BC. havent gambled on v tech yet cause betting against miami makes me feel uncomfortable. they can be a threat to any team (also, any team can be a threat to them). both miami and georgia have a problem playing at their opponets level. im starting to like BC over wake more and mare. i caught this at -2.5!!!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    kent state -14? i see it at -16.
    Yes, sorry, I had it earlier as now the line has moved. Still looks solid to me. Buffalo is very bad.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    my other plays this week are indiana again on a straight wager with arkansas and BC. im thinking i might change my money bet from v tech to BC. havent gambled on v tech yet cause betting against miami makes me feel uncomfortable. they can be a threat to any team (also, any team can be a threat to them). both miami and georgia have a problem playing at their opponets level. im starting to like BC over wake more and mare. i caught this at -2.5!!!
    I rarely bet unless I have a bit of extra money going around, so take this with a grain of salt...but I would be careful with the ACC in conference matchups, they have been unpredictable this year. VT and miami will be a great game though, miami has been playing to the level of their opponents this year, and you never know if the VT of last week will be there, or the VT from the boston college game. I think that miami D might be able to give Ore a tough time, and if Glennon has to go to the air its bad news. I was at the VT-Miami game last year and it was a HUGE game for miami, starting qb and rb went down and they still won by a couple TDs, in Blacksburg no less, definitely a tough environment. I am babbling, gonna stop now, I would say just listen to size.

  12. Nope Warn - our starting QB was Kyle Wright and he played in last year's drubbing of VT (I made a thread on here that night). The starting RB at the beginning of the year was Tyrone Moss - he was out. Charlie Jones came in and had the game of his life. He's not played anywhere near that good IMO since that game.

    Bottome line - we beat the living sh*t outta VT partly because Marcus Vick was just so bad.
    Glennon seems to have the potential to pull a Vick - so I agree with you on this matchup - too tough to call.

    I'm still predicting for Miami to lose. They havent' shown me that they can be disciplined enough win (and they still have Larry Coker as the head coach).

    But - man, was that 27-7 win fun last year.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    looks good IW! my only disagreement is louisville over west virginia. im thinking louiville will win this. WV only has a run game and the cardinals have one of the best rush defenses in the nation. their pass defense struggles but WV isnt a threat with the pass. louisville will put up many points with brohm back and i doubt WV will be able to hang. ive watched WV games and havent been impressed. plus home field advantage for louisville = big win. im just thinking out loud here but i feel strongly about this.

    p.s. - the over with OSU/ASU looks really solid. e****lant choice! will definitely happen IF there arent any weather issues.
    Damn you're right Hulk, stupid turn overs and un-special teams killed them. I expected WV to be more explosive and that was the reason I went with them because they had been lights out on a weekly basis. I simply overrated them.

    P.S. the lock is money my friend, if not I go double or nothing next week and get it back, and some

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Damn you're right Hulk, stupid turn overs and un-special teams killed them. I expected WV to be more explosive and that was the reason I went with them because they had been lights out on a weekly basis. I simply overrated them.

    P.S. the lock is money my friend, if not I go double or nothing next week and get it back, and some
    DAMNIT!!! i transferred my funds from one sports gambling website to another one. my new gambling sportspage only lists over/under bets on select games and ASU/OSU is off so i cannot bet on it. my old sportsbook lists the over/under for that game at 47. im really missing out on this but if i transfer back now, the money wont be in my acct in time

    i have a lot invested in indiana and BC this week. i also put together what i thought was a worthless parlay but im 3 for 3 right now with air force, louisville, and the over in louisville's game. all i need now is georgia, arkansas and v tech to cover. if this happens, ill be a rich man!!!

  15. Well thank you Oregon State & Arizona State, the bank account swelled up a little more this week. I've hit my lock so my side work is done

    I've gotta say I'm pretty pissed about the rich kids (Stanford) not being able to score one freaking TD ! Dammit they would have bought me a bottle of Powerfull LOL. USC 42-0 over Stanford & I just needed 5 more points.

  16. ouch... a pretty rough saturday for me between BC, Indiana, and Kent state, i lost quite a bit. luckily, i had a 2 game parlay with arkansas and v tech which covered nicely and recovered some losses. tomorrow, ill be rooting for the falcons over detroit. if this happens ill only be down $100 for the week and lets not discuss what happens if this doesnt work out in my favor

    seriously, who would have though minnesota would have blown up like they did? and i really shouldnt have bet on kent state. i know nothing about the MAC. oh well, back to my conservative betting style until i have enough funds again for stupid risks

  17. Kent Sate???
    Not sure what happened there. Up 14-0 and lose 41-14 to a terrible Buffalo team, it really hurt.

    On the week, I had a winning record but barely came out ahead thanks to Kent St.
    I won Air Force, Ball St, Hawaii, BYU, and Nevada.
    Lost Kent State, SMU/UAB over.
    5-2 and barely a winning weekend. I hope Kent St. loses ever game they play from this point forward.

    Sorry about giving the Kent St. play. I thought it was one of the strongest plays this weekend.

    Well, I was correct about Hawaii scoring at least 50 as they had 63. This team is different than other Hawaii teams in the manner that they can play on the road. I imagine lines will be inflated fromt his point forward.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by size
    Sorry about giving the Kent St. play. I thought it was one of the strongest plays this weekend.
    dont worry about it at all. although it did influence my decision, i should have looked into the game myself. i need to to stick with what works for me which is the meaningful games in bigger conferences. i respect your opinion and dont want this to affect your advice on future picks. you have too much knowledge of college football and i like hearing your picks.

    im now back to my original startegy only betting money line on favored teams that i believe strongly will cover the spread. ill build my empire back slowly but surely.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by size
    Sorry about giving the Kent St. play. I thought it was one of the strongest plays this weekend.
    I know alot of people that thought the same thing. I hit Kent as soon as I saw it. I know a little about the MAC but I know alot about Buffalo and they are terrible. That game shouldn't have been close.

  20. That time again. Here's some of my preliminary picks
    Boise St. -13.5 OVER San Jose State
    The OVER (45) in Temple @ Penn St.
    USC -7.5 OVER Oregon
    Tennessee +5.5 OVER Arkansas
    Denver -7 OVER Oakland
    Indianapolis -11.5 OVER Buffalo
    Philadelphia -7 OVER Washington

    Right now my lock would be Denver -7 OVER Oakland

  21. already locked in...
    Purdue @ Ill (pk)
    Miami @ MD (-2)
    Wake (+7) @ FSU
    Latech @ Hawaii (-38)

    looking at
    Wyoming (+20 and rising) @ BYU
    GT (-13) @ UNC
    Tenn (opened +2.5, now +5.5 ) @ Ark
    GA @ Aub (open -15, now -12.5)
    ND @ Air Force o57
    Temple (+35) @ PSU

  22. Oddsmakers have realized the earning potential that Hawaii has had for the past few weeks. Now a huge line is released and I imagine it will climb. I think there will be more value in the first half line than the game line.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees3
    I know alot about Buffalo and they are terrible. That game shouldn't have been close.
    We share the same feelings. I am still bothered by the result of that game.

  23. Anyone think Indy -11.5 OVER Buffalo is a better lock then Denver -7 OVER Oakland ?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Anyone think Indy -11.5 OVER Buffalo is a better lock then Denver -7 OVER Oakland ?
    i would think that oakland will get shut out again. their offense is horendous and denvers D is top notch. their offense has been rolling lately but when they put up points, so do their oppenets. i dont wanna say anything about the other game cause i know nothing about buffalo except that they destroyed the packers last week. im curious to hear opinions on this.

  25. The buffalo-gb score is deceiving because buffalo didn't even have 200 yds of total offense in that game and GB had more than double that. 2 INTS (1 returned for a TD,1 in the endzone returned 70+ yds) and 2 fumbles were the difference in that game. Losman had 102 passing yds (thats with a 43 yd td pass) against GB's awesome pass defense, was sacked 5 times, fumbled once and Willis McGahee left the game with broken ribs. Their offense is horrible, they can't win on the road, and their defense just gave up 400+ yds to Green Bay at home (Unfortunately I'm in Buffalo's market so I get their games every week).

  26. Some games worth looking at:
    Louisville ml
    Hawaii 1st half and 1st quarter
    Nevada 1st half


    Edit...........Louisville certainly decided to play only one half. I passed on it as I am doing for the entire weekend and I am thankful now.
    Last edited by size; 11-10-2006 at 12:29 PM.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk
    i would think that oakland will get shut out again. their offense is horendous and denvers D is top notch. their offense has been rolling lately but when they put up points, so do their oppenets. i dont wanna say anything about the other game cause i know nothing about buffalo except that they destroyed the packers last week. im curious to hear opinions on this.
    I considered Indy -11.5 OVER Buffalo because the way the Colts have been playing and they have beaten elite teams on the road so Buffalo shouldn't pose much of threat even if they beat a weak Packers team. I'll go with Denver -7 OVER Oakland because I know how bad Oakland is and their win against Pittsburgh was a fluke. They won't get 6 turnovers against Denver or 2 defensive touochdowns like they did against Pittsburgh.

  28. here we go... my picks this week are:

    wisconsin over iowa
    ohio state over NU (1st half)
    texas over KSU (1st half)
    georgia over auburn
    south carolina over florida
    NMSU over fresno

    i have a feeling my gambling acct is going broke today
    oh well, i only started with $500. i feel fortunate to have lasted this long. i peaked out at $1800 but its been downhill ever since with my big $$$ games. however, ive still picked many more games right.

  29. final card for sat ( a little bigger than normal thanks to Rutgers & BYU)

    Ill (pk) over Purdue
    Md -2 over Miami
    Wake +7 over FSU
    Hawaii -38 over Latech
    Hawaii -21 over Latech (1st half)
    Ga Tech -7 over UNC 1st half
    Cal -13 over Arizona
    SDST -8.5 over UNLV
    teaser WVU -10.5 over Cincy and over 38

    teaser:
    SC +20 over Florida
    USC -1 over Oregon
    Michigan -12 over Indiana
    ND/Air Force o46
    Boise -7 over SJS
    Auburn -4.5 over Georgia

  30. Ohhh - I think Wake over FSU is a bad pick. The Noles are starting to pick up steam.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Night TIme Nutrition
    By Big Joe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 12:19 AM
  2. Better to eat lots in one day or spread out over time?
    By TruffleShuffle in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
  3. Spread out Epi dosing on time awake or 24 hrs
    By jamze7417 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 12:31 PM
  4. NCAA Football 2008 Spread begins 9/1/2007
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
  5. The time clock on this system..
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2002, 01:48 PM
Log in
Log in