NCAA spread time

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
is indy really -7? on pinny, thats the only game that is off right now. i hope i can catch that spread cause there is no doubt this will happen! if i catch 7, ill likely buy .5 point for good measure:D

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
anybody care to discuss this weeks games? theres really nothing i like too much so i might take this week off from wagering in NCAA. the only games i am considering are southern miss +5 and hawaii -7. cal -28 is a possibility as well but nothing stands out to me this week. do you guys have any confidnet picks for college football this week?

size

Awards
  • Established
anybody care to discuss this weeks games? theres really nothing i like too much so i might take this week off from wagering in NCAA. the only games i am considering are southern miss +5 and hawaii -7. cal -28 is a possibility as well but nothing stands out to me this week. do you guys have any confidnet picks for college football this week?
I am looking at alot this weekend but nothing conclusive yet. Hawaii looks good to me but that is it thus far.

Not to sure about USM. I know USM won already this year but it was at USM and Houston actually out gained USM. This game I beleive is being played in Houston so something to consider.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
cal -28 is a possibility as well but nothing stands out to me this week. do you guys have any confidnet picks for college football this week?
I'm going to lay some money on my Cal Bears this week, I'd do it for sure if I were you Hulk. They smashed Stanford 41-6 last year and the Stanford team this year far worse AND they're playing with a backup QB in TC Ostrander (Trent Edwards got hurt). Cal is also motivated to look strong for a quality bowl bid AND they hate the rich kids with a passion ;)

Stanford is terrible ! The Cardinal is heartless, gutless, spineless, and they got no balls, kind of like the French :D I'm putting $35 on Cal to cover but my big buck$ are $till on the Colt$ :)

I'm also playing Hawaii at -8, I couldn't get them at -7 when I laid the money on them.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to lay some money on my Cal Bears this week, I'd do it for sure if I were you Hulk. They smashed Stanford 41-6 last year and the Stanford team this year far worse AND they're playing with a backup QB in TC Ostrander (Trent Edwards got hurt). Cal is also motivated to look strong for a quality bowl bid AND they hate the rich kids with a passion ;)

Stanford is terrible ! The Cardinal is heartless, gutless, spineless, and they got no balls, kind of like the French :D I'm putting $35 on Cal to cover but my big buck$ are $till on the Colt$ :)

I'm also playing Hawaii at -8, I couldn't get them at -7 when I laid the money on them.
alright, i think i found a winner. i got a hefty 1st quarter bet with cal -7. i know 1st quarter bets are high risk but ive done well with them in the 2 weeks ive bet them. i dont see stanford putting up any points and cal should score on 2 out of their first 3 possesions. im excited about this one.

size

Awards
  • Established
alright, i think i found a winner. i got a hefty 1st quarter bet with cal -7. i know 1st quarter bets are high risk but ive done well with them in the 2 weeks ive bet them.
1st quarter bets are exciting b/c they are over so fast. I think Cal -7 looks solid. Stanford is terrible. In Stanford's last 4 road games, they have only scored a total of 3 points in the 1st quarter. Cal's last 4 home games 1st quarter combined scoring is 35 and giving up only 13.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I also like the cal and hawaii plays. I like OU -3.5 (going to by a half a point here) over NU. Waiting to see if the Rutgers line moves higher b/c Rutgers at -10 looks good (i have a source that said pat white could barely walk today on campus) but we all know the drugs they give these guys, he will probably be as good as new on gameday. I'm also liking UF -2.5 over arkansas.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm with you guys on Hawaii, Cal and OU. Already got UF at -2.5 and WVU -6.5 (bought it down) but I also teased Ark +10 and NEB +10.5 and now that the WVU/Rutgers game is moving up i'll probably hit Rut +17 or so. I dont see any of these games being blowouts and I think both sides can hit. If I can get Rutgers +10.5 without having to buy the hook I'll take it and try to middle that game as well.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i gotta go against the consensus with this one and pick arkansas. arkansas is very consistent and it was impressive to see 2 running backs rush for over 100 yards against LSU's D. arkansas might end up being a play for me and since USC is at -12.5 now, i may take that one up as well. as of now, my only bets are:

cal -7 (1st quarter)
indy -6.5

both these wagers are high stakes so maybe ill see if cal wins first before taking other games. this one is before arkansas and USC and 1st quarter bets pay out fast. USC and hawaii 1st quarters look good as well. and watching SDSU play last weekend was a joke. they seriously looked like a high school JV team but im not comfortable betting on CSU either.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
Bowl games start in a few days. Anybody see anything interesting?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Well, I got some good picks this week. My big money is on Denver -2.5 over Arizona, that's highway robbery !

Other minor bets I'm making are:
St. Louis -3 over Oakland
Jacksonville -3 over Tennessee
New England -11 over Houston (this team has given up!)

NCAA
Cal -5 over Texas A & M
South Carolina -6.5 over Houston
Tennessee -4.5 over Penn St
Auburn -2 over Nebraska
Michigan +1 over USC
Oklahoma St. -2 over Alabama
Miami -3 over Nevada

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Well, I got some good picks this week. My big money is on Denver -2.5 over Arizona, that's highway robbery !

Other minor bets I'm making are:
St. Louis -3 over Oakland
Jacksonville -3 over Tennessee
New England -11 over Houston (this team has given up!)

NCAA
Cal -5 over Texas A & M
South Carolina -6.5 over Houston
Tennessee -4.5 over Penn St
Auburn -2 over Nebraska
Michigan +1 over USC
Oklahoma St. -2 over Alabama
Miami -3 over Nevada
denver caught my eye as well but looking deeper into, i decided not to play it. there has been talk from CB darrent williams that the bronco players are giving up on the season. not to mention lack of momentum losing 4 straight games and a recent QB change. arizona is looking better and has won 3 of the last 4 games. they have great talent with skill players although theyre line is awful. i wouldnt call this game "highway robbery" but i think you do much better in the NFL than i do so who knows?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
denver caught my eye as well but looking deeper into, i decided not to play it. there has been talk from CB darrent williams that the bronco players are giving up on the season. not to mention lack of momentum losing 4 straight games and a recent QB change. arizona is looking better and has won 3 of the last 4 games. they have great talent with skill players although theyre line is awful. i wouldnt call this game "highway robbery" but i think you do much better in the NFL than i do so who knows?
I definintely don't expect Denver to demolish them but they should win by 7-10 points. The Cardinals have a horrible D-Line so Denver won't need Cutler to win this one. I contemplated putting my big $$$ on Jacksonville over Tennessee but I think Tennessee is too hot and motivated to bet against them :)

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
*inserts foot in mouth*

good call IW, you are money in the NFL. i wish i wouldve gone with my first instinct and your advice and played this one. all the info i pulled on this game made me not wanna bet on it. oh well, congrats on winning the big one!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
*inserts foot in mouth*

good call IW, you are money in the NFL. i wish i wouldve gone with my first instinct and your advice and played this one. all the info i pulled on this game made me not wanna bet on it. oh well, congrats on winning the big one!
No worries bro, I can learn from you on college betting. NFL betting is easier then sticking up a liquor store for money in my case. Now you know why I love pro football so much :D

Stupid J'Ville fvcked up what could have been my 4th perfect week this season. I still made out like a bandit so I'm happy :dance:

P.S. sometimes we out-smart our selves and overthink. What happened to you has happened to me too so don't worry ;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Here's my picks for the second to last week of the NFL

I'm putting my lock and big $$$ on Kansas City -6.5 OVER the Chokeland Raiders.

other minor bets I'm making
San Diego -4.5 OVER Seattle
NY Jets +1 OVER Miami
St. Louis -1 OVER Washington
Cincinnati +3 OVER Denver

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I had a very merry x-mas thanks to the Chiefs :head: :dance: :djparty:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Pick alert for this week. pinnacle has the Saints +3 OVER Carolina. The Saints are my lock this week. Will also play the following.

New England +3 OVER Tennessee
St. Louis -1 OVER Minnesota
Miami +9 OVER Indianapolis
Seattle +3.5 OVER Tampa Bay
The over (44 pts.) between Arizona & San Diego

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
Pick alert for this week. pinnacle has the Saints +3 OVER Carolina. The Saints are my lock this week. Will also play the following.

New England +3 OVER Tennessee
St. Louis -1 OVER Minnesota
Miami +9 OVER Indianapolis
Seattle +3.5 OVER Tampa Bay
The over (44 pts.) between Arizona & San Diego
Love STL -1. Miami +9 looks good but i'm worried Indy might run it up on miami after last weeks loss and Dungy sitting starters last year at and them looking flat vs Pitt in the playoffs. Tenn is getting pounded so if you're taking NE you can get the hook or better without having to buy it before sunday. Teased Oak +20, ARZ +20.5, Mia + 16.5 and took Cin -6.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Love STL -1. Miami +9 looks good but i'm worried Indy might run it up on miami after last weeks loss and Dungy sitting starters last year at and them looking flat vs Pitt in the playoffs. Tenn is getting pounded so if you're taking NE you can get the hook or better without having to buy it before sunday. Teased Oak +20, ARZ +20.5, Mia + 16.5 and took Cin -6.
I'm countig on the Dolphins to lose a close one with the Colts. The Colts haven't been a great team as a favorite this year. The Colts have allowed 185 rushing yards a game the last 8 games. Ronnie Brown is back and he will do good against that Colts run defense. The Dolphins have a great defense and they should give Peyton Manning some fits.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
today's card:
Wash +3 over Giants
Texas -9 over Iowa
VT -2.5 over UGA

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I noticed that almost every NY Giant is injured LOL I'll put a little $ on the Skins, good call.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
Saturday: 0-3 (ouch)
Sunday: 2-1-1
Today:
lost Ark -2
losing WVU -10.5
won PSU +3.5
Mich ML
OSU -7

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Went 5-2 in the NFL but my big $$$ was on the Saints. I forgot they had clinched a 1st round bye and had nothing to play for so I still came out losing $$$ :frustrate

size

Awards
  • Established
Went 5-2 in the NFL but my big $$$ was on the Saints. I forgot they had clinched a 1st round bye and had nothing to play for so I still came out losing $$$ :frustrate
Tough one with the Saints. The spread looked very appealing but the Saints were playing for health. I played first half and was questioning myself for doing it but it came out ok.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Tough one with the Saints. The spread looked very appealing but the Saints were playing for health. I played first half and was questioning myself for doing it but it came out ok.
Well, I hope the Seahawks come through. I took them @ -2.5 over Dallas for this week. This is my big $$$ game. I'm also playing the over (50.5 points) between Indianapolis and Kansas City. I'm contemplating on quitting while I'm ahead if I have a bad week this week because the Play-Offs are much tougher then the regular season.

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
Well, I hope the Seahawks come through. I took them @ -2.5 over Dallas for this week. This is my big $$$ game. I'm also playing the over (50.5 points) between Indianapolis and Kansas City.
playing the same and i'm waiting to see if the Jets go to +9 and I'll pound that.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
playing the same and i'm waiting to see if the Jets go to +9 and I'll pound that.
Great minds think alike :thumbsup: I'm staying away the Jets-Patriots because they have been evenly matched when they faced each other this year. The Patriots looked real good the last 3 games and they're at home. They also won 6 of their last 7. If I were betting I'd take them, but that's a big spread IMO.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
:sad: all this gambling talk is making me sad:sad: i started the bowl season off so hot with TCU, BYU, CMU, and south carolina. those were my 1st 4 picks which were all winners. then it came crashing down after that with texas, michigan, arkansas, and texas A&M. oh well, no profit in college football this year. i cashed out how much i started with in week 5 and its been a roller coaster ride since then. these past couple loses have destroyed my confidence in my picks so i wont be depositing more $$$ into my gambling account til next year. you guys better still be around when the madness begins next sept!

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
Last bowl game...

Did ok this season. Some great weekends and some horrible ones. Would do alot better if I would leave the NFL alone (but i won't). Managed to make a profit this year and as usual, I let it all ride on the last bowl game...

half on FLA +7
half on FLA ML +254

I'm a big ten guy but I think Florida is faster, stronger, and deeper than any team THE Ohio State university has faced this year. I'll gladly take FLA getting TD and I think they win outright.

Good luck if you guys are wagering tonight.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Last bowl game...

Did ok this season. Some great weekends and some horrible ones. Would do alot better if I would leave the NFL alone (but i won't). Managed to make a profit this year and as usual, I let it all ride on the last bowl game...

half on FLA +7
half on FLA ML +254

I'm a big ten guy but I think Florida is faster, stronger, and deeper than any team THE Ohio State university has faced this year. I'll gladly take FLA getting TD and I think they win outright.

Good luck if you guys are wagering tonight.
yeah, i couldnt help myself so i have $250 spread throughout the game.

ohio state -4 (1st half)
florida - over 19.5 points
over 46 for the game

here we go! 7-7 already! should be a good one:D

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
bad news boys....

Pinnacle Shocker

Serious sports bettors woke up this morning to a major shocker, just the latest in a string of bad news incidents involving our industry. Pinnacle, the single biggest book in the world among sharp players, had the following announcement on their website:

Effective Immediately...

After careful consideration, Pinnacle Sports have chosen to voluntarily exit the U.S. market. Accordingly, wagers will no longer be accepted from clients within the U.S. as of Thursday, January 11, 2007. Those clients who are affected will be required to withdraw their balances using the Cashier of their account. We assure all our clients your balances are available and Pinnacle will continue providing our international clients our same great value.

Nobody saw this coming. And the timing was particularly curious, coming just weeks before the Super Bowl, the single biggest wagering day of the year. We’ve seen books shut down after the Super Bowl (Aces Gold, for example), but to see this type of message from a book that is the moral equivalent of Wal-Mart for sports bettors was a very nasty early morning surprise.

From the internet gambling watchdog site EOG, quoted from Pinnacle’s “main man”:

"It is with sadness that we have chosen to leave the US market, but we are so grateful for all the customers we've acquired throughout the years"

When asked why Pinnacle Sports elected not to give any advance notice, he stated the following:

"We didn't want anyone to have time to take shots at us."

He started to reflect at this point: "When the U.S. focuses on something and says 'enough," and when they go to 'war,' no individual company can possibly win in a fight of this nature."

"Since the Internet Gambling Bill went into effect, we have lost the ability to do business with many quality banks."

"Fortunately, 35-40% of our current gambling business is non US driven, and perhaps more importantly, we are experiencing stronger growth in Europe and Asia, than we are in the United States."

"So why live in fear?"

Unfortunately, as a US citizen based in Las Vegas, I don’t have much recourse. There’s no one out there willing to listen to my protest. Pinny is not going to change their minds. Bill Frist’s damaging legislation – the cause of this latest mess -- is not going to be repealed anytime soon. And more books could follow their lead.

But this is most assuredly not the end of online sports betting as we know it. When industry behemoth Party Poker voluntarily decided to leave the US market, other poker sites stepped up their marketing effort to fill the void: Poker Stars, BoDog, Ultimate Bet, Full Tilt, etc.

There are still hundreds and hundreds of offshore books that are actively pursuing US clients. There are still a handful of other solid reduced juice shops catering to sharp players. When one book voluntarily leaves the US market, others will step up to fill the demand. And at some point, whether it’s one year or ten years from now, the political climate will change and we’ll see online gaming sites flood the marketplace once again.

In the meantime, the biggest beneficiaries of Frist’s legislation, ironically, will be organized crime and local, untaxed and unregulated bookies. I love what I do, but this is not a great time to be a sports bettor in the USA, even a sports bettor who lives in Las Vegas..

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i noticed this a couple hours ago. good thing i placed a hefty wager on the pats a couple days ago. all pending wagers are still valid so it will still payout. hopefully, i go out with a bang! i wouldve loved to bet on the seahawks as well but what can ya do?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:
Thanks, I also wouldn't sweat it. There are enough reputable on line gaming sites and as long as the US market remains strong these sites will find a way to operate IMO.

size

Awards
  • Established
This is not really surprising. Many expected online books would start to leave US markets after college football and the superbowl. It is unfortunate but as mentioned there are numerous very solid books still available.

size

Awards
  • Established
Even more difficult for those in USA as Neteller has stopped US internet gambling.
Link

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I had this crazy idea but I don't know if it's legal, or very grey area stuff BUT could we possibly go to another country, say Mexico or Canada, open an account with pinnacle and transfer funds to that account from the US ? Most importantly, would this be legal ? The thing that pisses me off is that I can gamble if I were in Nevada but any other state is forbidden territory. These things make me go to the batting cages for therapy based on the lack of common sense I see LOL.

BTW, sports.com accepts all US clients and you could transfer funds out of your CC. I use my checking/credit card with them and have been pleased.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I had this crazy idea but I don't know if it's legal, or very grey area stuff BUT could we possibly go to another country, say Mexico or Canada, open an account with pinnacle and transfer funds to that account from the US ?
I doubt it for your bank account because they dont allow for e-gaming transactions anymore. Transfering with netteller....I dunno that could work. Good luck with an audit though if you make money.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IMO, it's not worth the risk.

You risk having to explain yourself to the Treasury Department when they detect your activity as they look for Money Laundering in connection with Drug Trafficking and Terrorism.

There's a lot of effort put into detecting financial transactions to and from US border states, especially Cal, and the Mexican drug Cartels.

The Treasury would'nt be interested in you once they learn what your doing, but they'll refer your case to the IRS.

Canada less so, but it's there, and stay away from Vancouver and BC in general for the same reasons.
Thanks for the advice but it was just a wild thought I came accross, I would have probably acted on it a year or two down the road but it's not worth it with the number of reputable books that are still available. Pinnacle and Neteller were like a match made in heaven. I live in Cal so thanks for the tip, I'll never wire myself any $$$ from Mexico :)

BTW, can they really link me with fvcking terrorism for that ? If that's the case then that sucks. I just can't stand how there's a casino 10 minutes from me but yet I can't fvcking gamble on sports :frustrate

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
I've been using western union for the past few years and have never had a problem. It costs a few bucks per tranaction but the transactions are made within an hr.

As for the game i got chi +7 but i usually put more on props than a side for the superbowl. Sucks not to have Pinny around. They always had the best prop bets.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Thanks size and yankees, I'll explore that option since it beats traveling to Canada just so I can set up an account LOL