2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread

Page 3 of 41 First 12345 ... Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Brad Childress will now serve as Chiefs' Asst HC and Matt Nagy will be team's Offensive Coordinator.
    Giants release WR Victor Cruz, RB Rashad Jennings
    49ers expected to hire Robert Saleh as defensive coordinator
    Aqib Talib on the cutting block in Denver
    Former Alabama star LB Reuben Foster had shoulder surgery, will miss combine drills
    Former Miami Dolphins and University of Georgia defensive end Quentin Moses died Sunday morning in a house fire that also killed a woman and her child.

    the Patriots filed to trademark the phrase "Blitz for Six," hoping to use it on clothing -- including hooded T-shirts, of course. Coach Bill Belichick is known for wearing Patriots hoodies.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    NFL Network's Mike Garofolo reports the Seahawks have escaped with merely a warning for failing to list Richard Sherman's MCL issue on the injury report.

    Per Garofolo, the league was lenient because it deemed the violation a "misinterpretation of rules." The Seahawks claimed they believed they didn't have to list Sherman since he was practicing in full. As one of the league's preeminent boundary pushers, along with New England and Baltimore, that explanation is a little hard to believe.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   
       

  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    On Tuesday, Steelers.com announced the signing of several players that included linebacker Akil Blount, the son of Steelers' Hall of Fame cornerback, Mel Blount.
    Pittsburgh also signed lineman Mike Matthews, the son of Hall of Fame lineman Bruce Matthews,
    LB Jason Fanaika
    Lineman Kyle Friend

    http://pit.247sports.com/Gallery/Ste...ySlides/476450
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  4. Anybody else really happy that scw vanished after the Cowboys loss? Hopefully, it stays that way.

  5. Hahaha. Yes.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   
       

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Jaguars re-sign Abry Jones to 4-year, $16M deal
    Robert Meachem jailed for owing $400K in alimony, child support

    The Jaguars announce they have restructured quarterback Chad Henne's contract for the 2017 season. Terms of the deal were not disclosed


    Draft:
    Mel Kiper Jr. says Jabrill Peppers (Michigan Athlete) could be a fit for the Patriots at the end of the NFL draft 1st rd.
    Mel Kiper Jr. has seven defensive players going in the top 10 of his 2017 Mock Draft 2.0, which would be tied for the most defensive players selected in the top 10 in the Common Draft Era (Allen and Garrett going #1 and #2)
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is being investigated by Pittsburgh police for his involvement in a street altercation with two other men over the weekend.

    While Revis has not been arrested, police say charges are pending against the four-time All-Pro and include robbery, terroristic threats, conspiracy and aggravated assault.

    The Miami Dolphins released veteran defensive players Mario Williams and Earl Mitchell on Thursday, freeing up $12.5 million on their salary cap, but starting left tackle Branden Albert wasn't also released as expected.

    The Steelers have begun negotiating a contract with wide receiver Antonio Brown that would keep him in Pittsburgh for the rest of his career.

    Jaguars don't pick up option on Kelvin Beachum, who could be FA on March 9

    Patriots' Brian Daboll is candidate for Crimson Tide OC job
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  8. 2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread


    Brady was just being gracious when speaking about manning.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Brady was just being gracious when speaking about manning.
    That's the coolest story I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

    Would you like to share the secret of your omniscience with me? I, too, would like to be able to read people's minds.
  10. 2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That's the coolest story I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

    Would you like to share the secret of your omniscience with me? I, too, would like to be able to read people's minds.
    You do know Brady has some emails leaked that he wrote concerning manning right? How did tom act around goodell, You think he is going to say anything controversial and look bad, he is going to say the right thing every time a mic is in his face.

    Common sense maybe?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    You do know Brady has some emails leaked that he wrote concerning manning right? How did tom act around goodell, You think he is going to say anything controversial and look bad, he is going to say the right thing every time a mic is in his face.

    Common sense maybe?
    When were the emails written? Did they say that he believed Peyton was not one of the greatest ever, or did they say that he was going to have to retire soon and that Brady would still have 5 years?

    Is it possible he felt a different way in 2011 than he did when he wrote the emails years later?

    Share your omniscience with us, so that we may all learn from you.
  12. 2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread


    I remember when I was young.

    Emails were around the same time he made that statement. What did you think he was going to say " ya I'm much better than manning, I have more talent in my thumb than manning has in his whole body"

    All you have to do is see how he handled the goodell situation.

    Same thing manning would do in his situation.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    I remember when I was young.

    Emails were around the same time he made that statement. What did you think he was going to say " ya I'm much better than manning, I have more talent in my thumb than manning has in his whole body"

    All you have to do is see how he handled the goodell situation.

    Same thing manning would do in his situation.
    You think so? I didn't know 3.5 years after was considered "around the same time."

    Things he could have said: "Well, you know Peyton is a great QB, extremely hardworking, talented, etc. Just being in the same company with guys like him is an honor." i.e. the same thing every other NFL player says when asked those types of questions. That would have been much different than I think "he is the greatest of all time."

    Do you know what the confirmation bias is?
  14. 2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread


    No your right tom walks around thinking manning is the greatest Qb ever....


    Do you know what gracious means?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Do you know what the confirmation bias is?
    Sometimes I wonder if you even believe half the stuff you're arguing or if you just argue to argue lol
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

  16. Revis in some trouble, he is going to lose some money here, most likely 6 million at least. Obviously not guilty, but 4 felonies and video doesn't look good.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    No your right tom walks around thinking manning is the greatest Qb ever....


    Do you know what gracious means?
    Here's the thing though, I am not asserting that Brady does that. I only shared the interview because I had just seen it. I didn't present it as irrefutable fact that proved Peyton was better.

    I am only asserting that none of us know what Brady is thinking because we are not Tom Brady and mind reading is fiction. You are the only one who is trying to make a claim to know what is going through another person's mind.

    I'll take that as a no and explain it. The confirmation bias is the phenomenon where a person only seeks out information that confirms the opinion they already hold, or discredit any information that contradicts it.

    In this context, it would be immediately interpreting something in a way that confirms what you believe and not believing there are any other possibilities outside of the one that you came up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if you even believe half the stuff you're arguing or if you just argue to argue lol
    A little of both, typically. I enjoy academic argument. The big thing that I should make clear is that I am not hoping, or attempting, to persuade people to believe what I believe. I only want to represent my beliefs and support them in a way where another person could read them and say "Yeah, that's a reasonable position. I don't agree, but I can see the logic in it."

  18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Here's the thing though, I am not asserting that Brady does that. I only shared the interview because I had just seen it. I didn't present it as irrefutable fact that proved Peyton was better.

    I am only asserting that none of us know what Brady is thinking because we are not Tom Brady and mind reading is fiction. You are the only one who is trying to make a claim to know what is going through another person's mind.

    I'll take that as a no and explain it. The confirmation bias is the phenomenon where a person only seeks out information that confirms the opinion they already hold, or discredit any information that contradicts it.

    In this context, it would be immediately interpreting something in a way that confirms what you believe and not believing there are any other possibilities outside of the one that you came up with.

    A little of both, typically. I enjoy academic argument. The big thing that I should make clear is that I am not hoping, or attempting, to persuade people to believe what I believe. I only want to represent my belief and support them in a way where another person could read them and say "Yeah, that's a reasonable position. I don't agree, but I can see the logic in it."

    umm. Jim you are really way over thinking this. All I said was that brady was being gracious and made some examples. Your turning into something completely different.

    Do me a favor and don't go to a casino and play poker, your bad at it.


    Oh ya Jim, don't ask people on the internet what something means unless your being rrhetorical, you know, because its the internet/

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    On Peyton Manning, one player's opinion:



    Without Google, can anyone guess who said this?

    Note: not trying to rekindle the argument, just sharing an old interview I recently stumbled upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yep. Eli with the 25th and Peyton with the 23rd.
    yes I'm a mind reader.

  20. Poker baaaaad Jim


    washing hands every half hour goooood

  21. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    umm. Jim you are really way over thinking this. All I said was that brady was being gracious and made some examples. Your turning into something completely different.

    Do me a favor and don't go to a casino and play poker, your bad at it.


    Oh ya Jim, don't ask people on the internet what something means unless your being rrhetorical, you know, because its the internet/
    Jokes on you. I've literally never lost money playing poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    yes I'm a mind reader.
    I'm not, so I'm going to need you to clarify what your point is.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Jokes on you. I've literally never lost money playing poker.

    I'm not, so I'm going to need you to clarify what your point is.
    Lets see if other people can figure it out so we can see your disconnect.


    Looks like woody probably figured it out before me with his comment on Eli being the GOAT. I bet that comment went right over your head.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Lets see if other people can figure it out so we can see your disconnect.


    Looks like woody probably figured it out before me with his comment on Eli being the GOAT. I bet that comment went right over your head.
    Perhaps someone else could. I'm much more literal when having a discussion with someone because I don't want to assume their meaning.

    As in, you literally have shown time and time again that you have no idea what you're talking about.

    "Wrong again, Peyton has only been to three SBs" Been to 4.

    "Actually, the emails were around the same time as the interview." 3.5 years later.

    "Brady wrote emails that said what he really thinks about Manning." The emails were only conjecture about how long Manning had left before retiring and said nothing about how good Brady thought he was or wasn't.

    Just sit down, man. If you want to start an argument at least be prepared to support your opinions.
  24. 2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Perhaps someone else could. I'm much more literal when having a discussion with someone because I don't want to assume their meaning.

    As in, you literally have shown time and time again that you have no idea what you're talking about.

    "Wrong again, Peyton has only been to three SBs" Been to 4.

    "Actually, the emails were around the same time as the interview." 3.5 years later.

    "Brady wrote emails that said what he really thinks about Manning." The emails were only conjecture about how long Manning had left before retiring and said nothing about how good Brady thought he was or wasn't.

    Just sit down, man. If you want to start an argument at least be prepared to support your opinions.

    I did support my opinions I just don't need tit for tat all day with you because you lack common sense.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    I did support my opinions I just don't need tit for tat all day with you because you lack common sense.
    If that were true you wouldn't have felt the need to comment on a post made close to a week ago.

    Also, you did not support them especially well since your primary rebuttal was always something akin to screaming "wrong" whenever you heard something you didn't like. Like those instances I quoted above.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best players in the NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 07:06 PM
  2. NFL draft
    By warnerve in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 07:55 AM
  3. 2007 Nfl Draft
    By Chad in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:47 AM
  4. List of Players Gone to the '07 NFL Draft
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 08:51 PM
  5. NFL draft
    By Iron Warrior in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Log in
Log in