The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PITTSBURGH -- Linebacker James Harrison is doubling down on his late-career resurgence.
Harrison prefers a two-year contract in free agency, according to agent Bill Parise, indicating the 38-year-old has considered playing to age 40.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers got an early start on free agency Wednesday, signing cornerback K'Waun Williams to a one-year deal.

FREEHOLD, N.J. -- A New Jersey man has been sentenced to five years behind bars for defrauding more than a dozen people out of $116,550 in a New York Giants seat license scam.
John Gorman admitted in May that he conned 16 victims into believing he had more than two dozen personal seat licenses at MetLife Stadium available for sale. Monmouth County prosecutors say the 49-year-old Matawan man was sentenced Friday.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Vikings, Adrian Peterson have not discussed $18M option for 2017

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston says he made a "poor word choice" in making stereotypical gender comments during a speech at an elementary school on Wednesday.

While speaking to third- through fifth-graders at Melrose Elementary in St. Petersburg, Florida, Winston called on the male students to stand up while directing the female students to stay seated.

Longtime kicker Nick Folk, RT Breno Giacomini released by Jets

Broncos won't pick up option of tackle Russell Okung

Former Jets player Scott Mersereau charged with attacking teen

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude I love your updates.

Wonder if Harrison will get 2 years. So risky in football. Granted I guess it's all how much and what the teams needs are.

That ticket scam dude is a scumbag.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh and if Romo can some how stay healthy and go to a team like Denver he can do some damage. Might be a crime in the NFC East but I have grown from laughing at him, to hating him, to respect

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh and if Romo can some how stay healthy and go to a team like Denver he can do some damage. Might be a crime in the NFC East but I have grown from laughing at him, to hating him, to respect
Once Denver fixes their offensive line Romo would be very good, he has some weapons out there.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
-DT Earl Mitchell (Mia) visited with the Broncos and will visit the Falcons today.

-Broncos decline their option on RT Russell Okung ($20.5 gtd). The Broncos apparently want him back....but at a 'severe' pay cut. So he will test the market.

-Jets release RT Breno Giacomini and K Nick Folk

-Buccs release CB Alterraun Verner today. With the season rookie CB Vernon Hargraves had....understandable.

-Kind of weird news, FA S DJ Swearinger was being reported as 27 years old. Elias fixed his birthday...he is 25.

-Eagles star LT Jason Peters will be back in Philly next year, making $9.95mil in base salary.

-Interesting: QB Jay Cutler has made over $112mil and been hurt 7 years in a row. Hes considering early retirement.

-Some speculation in Baltimore as to if they will pay the $5.5mil due to TE Dennis Pita. Had a nice 2016 after having a hip surgery.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, who underwent season-ending back surgery in December, told ESPN's Cari Champion that he "no doubt" will be ready for the start of the 2017 season.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Blake Bortles may be the Jacksonville Jaguars' starting quarterback in 2017. Or, maybe not.
Bortles didn't exactly get a ringing endorsement as Tom Coughlin, the executive vice president of football operations, wouldn't say whether the Jaguars remain committed to the player they drafted third overall in 2014.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston says he made a "poor word choice" in making stereotypical gender comments during a speech at an elementary school on Wednesday.

The New York Jets created $7.5 million in much-needed cap space on Thursday, releasing longtime kicker Nick Folk and right tackle Breno Giacomini.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
-DT Earl Mitchell to the 49ers on a 4 yr deal worth $16mil with $5.5mil in yr 1

-Chiefs sign RB CJ Spiller.

- Long time (11yrs) Jets Center Nick Mangold is being released.

- Former Titan Vince Young has agent looking at CFL

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
- Ravens Safety Matt Elam arrested in Miami on marijuana, oxycodone possession charges

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2017 NFL Draft & Season Chat Thread

Just saw the bottom line, he had 126g (4.5oz) of dope and 3g of oxycodone in his car...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Panthers re-sign team sack leader Mario Addison to 3-year deal

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chiefs release franchise rushing leader Jamaal Charles
Vikings decline option to pick up Adrian Peterson's contract for 2017
Redskins place exclusive franchise tag on Kirk Cousins
Eric Berry agrees to six-year, $78M deal with Chiefs
Dont'a Hightower told by Patriots he will not be tagged
LT to maybe help: Tomlinson's duties would include heading up the organization's ongoing work to develop a more impactful relationship with the Los Angeles community and growing the team's brand in L.A.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
-Jets release Darrelle Revis. Revis struggled last year. 'Revis Island' was all inclusive. Lol.

-Browns and P Britton Colquitt agree on a 4 year deal

-Colts TE Jack Doyle will test FA, despite attempts by the Colts to sign him last week.

-The Saints will release once prized safety, Jairus Byrd.

-The Jags are shopping CB Davon House....who was once a big FA. Hes due 6mil in 2017. If they cant find any suitors, they will release him.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chiefs not going to tag Poe. Ravens not tagging Williams. Two great DT hitting the market.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed linebacker James Harrison to a two-year contract, the team announced Wednesday.
The deal is worth $3.5 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Vikings GM wants Adrian Peterson to return; Raiders catch RB's attention

Chris Long salutes Pats but wants to move on 'to do what I do best'

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Jason Garrett: I haven't talked to Tony Romo much during offseason
GM: Titans would consider trading the No. 5 pick
Chris Long salutes Pats but wants to move on 'to do what I do best'

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A person with knowledge says Romo wants to play in Houston and isn't wanting to be paid like a top 5 QB.

Texans Sign Romo, an OG, draft an OL, OT, and some DT depth. Instant contenders
I know this is an old post but I'll take it a step further! Same exact scenario but add that Romo can stay healthy for a WHOLE season they will be super bowl champs imo. That defense is to good not to

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Top 12 greatest QBs of all time, a Patriots fan's perspective:

1. Tom Brady
2. Terry Bradshaw
2a. Joe Montana
4. Troy Aikman
5. Bob Griese
5a. Peyton Manning
5b. Jim Plunkett
5c. Roger Staubach
5d. Eli Manning
5e. John Elway
5f. Ben Roethlisberger
5g. Bart Starr

Lololololol.
Haha I know I'm posting to old post but if I'm being honest I don't think any educated football fan puts big Ben in the top ten don't get me wrong he's is great and a HOF but not top ten IMO and Im a die hard Steelers.

Pop quiz who's the quarter back with the lowest QBR in a Superbowl and still win?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha I know I'm posting to old post but if I'm being honest I don't think any educated football fan puts big Ben in the top ten don't get me wrong he's is great and a HOF but not top ten IMO and Im a die hard Steelers.

Pop quiz who's the quarter back with the lowest QBR in a Superbowl and still win?
I agree. Roethlisberger should not be top 10, there are way too many great QBs that go before him. I was just making a joke because of rings.

As for your question, I believe that is Big Ben. He had something in the 20s (25?) when they beat Seattle in the SB.

Edit: 22.6 per PFR.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. Roethlisberger should not be top 10, there are way too many great QBs that go before him. I was just making a joke because of rings.

As for your question, I believe that is Big Ben. He had something in the 20s (25?) when they beat Seattle in the SB.

Edit: 22.6 per PFR.
Yes sir 22.6 to be exact but ya 20s although his win over the Cardinals his numbers were MUCH MUCH better

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes sir 22.6 to be exact but ya 20s although his win over the Cardinals his numbers were MUCH MUCH better
QB performance and superbowl wins don't always correlate, as we all know.

Brady, for example, wasn't putting up any elite QB performances until 2007 or so, yet the majority of his rings are from before that. Hell, his best seasons were seasons that the Pats didn't win. I think his first SB in 2002 he didn't even throw for 150 yards.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
QB performance and superbowl wins don't always correlate, as we all know.

Brady, for example, wasn't putting up any elite QB performances until 2007 or so, yet the majority of his rings are from before that. Hell, his best seasons were seasons that the Pats didn't win. I think his first SB in 2002 he didn't even throw for 150 yards.
Very true. It helps for sure but people act that having a great qb is the only way and it's not at all. Pretty much every Steelers Superbowl win they won was with a good OL GREAT run game and a top 10+ defense with a few key passes here and there.(exception of the Cardinals game be even that MOSTLY fits)

And IMO that's the way to make it to/win Superbowls. Now you can't have a bad QB either but he doesn't need to be anything special either.

SB40 Steelers
SB50 Denver
2 out of 5 of TB12 SBs(3 depending upon opinion)
SB48 Seattle
I could go on but we get the point and it used to be even more so this way

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very true. It helps for sure but people act that having a great bq is the only way and it's not at all. Pretty much every Steelers Superbowl win they won with a good OL GREAT run game, and a top 10+ defense with a few key passes here and there.(exception of the Cardinals game be even that MOSTLY fits)

And IMO that's the way to make it to/win Superbowls. Now you can't have a bad QB either but he doesn't need to be anything special either.

SB40 Steelers
SB50 Denver
2 out of 5 of TB12 SBs(3 depending upon opinion)
SB48 Seattle
I could go on but we get the point and it used to be even more so this way
I was a defensive player, so my opinion is biased, but I think defense is the most important piece for winning the big game. In almost every instance of the #1 D meeting the #1 O in the SB, the defense won.

Great QBs can definitely carry a team to a superbowl, but they usually can't win it.

"Offense sells tickets, but Defense wins championships." - Bear Bryant

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was a defensive player, so my opinion is biased, but I think defense is the most important piece for winning the big game. In almost every instance of the #1 D meeting the #1 O in the SB, the defense won.

Great QBs can definitely carry a team to a superbowl, but they usually can't win it.

"Offense sells tickets, but Defense wins championships." - Bear Bryant
I totally agree but I may also be biased as I was a linebacker

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chuck Pagano isn't naïve. The Colts coach still has three years remaining on his contract, but he also knows he can't afford to have another season that doesn't live up to expectations.
If he does, his job status with the franchise will be even murkier than it has been at the conclusion of the past two seasons.

Saints' Brandin Cooks on radar of Eagles, Titans

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan to return but timetable uncertain

If Colin Kaepernick didn't opt out, 49ers would have released QB

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Cooks for Philly, but it would have to be for the right price.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
"A league source told the Cleveland Plain Dealer the Patriots are willing to trade Jimmy Garoppolo "if the offer is right."

This disputes a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter. "Everything is still on the table," a source told the Plain Dealer. It's notable that this would appear in a Cleveland paper, as the Patriots would likely be willing to do business with a quarterback-needy team they don't see as a threat. The Browns check both of those boxes and have the ammunition to satisfy New England's demands. The Plain Dealer thinks the Patriots "will want a first-round pick and more."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Brandon Marshall posts farewell before release from Jets
USC Receiver Mike Williams spurns combine 40-yard dash, will run at pro day

Deshaun Watson, Mitchell Trubisky ready to be walk-in starters in NFL

I am hoping the Steelers can grab one of them or even Kaizer in late first Round. We need a backup for Ben.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brandon Marshall posts farewell before release from Jets
USC Receiver Mike Williams spurns combine 40-yard dash, will run at pro day

Deshaun Watson, Mitchell Trubisky ready to be walk-in starters in NFL

I am hoping the Steelers can grab one of them or even Kaizer in late first Round. We need a backup for Ben.
Ya and I honestly believe Ben has 2 years 3 tops left and maybe only even 1. Sadly! But the guy is hit so damn much and he's getting old and that will take a toll on anyone

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some stuff went down at the combine, including Bama LB Reuben Foster being sent home after a 'heated arguement' with hospital staff. Reportedly had to do with waiting for an MRI.....which, not defending him.....but can lead to a very LONG day.
-Tenn DE Derek Bennett is sick w a virus and will not particiapte in drills today. NFL scouts hoping to see him tomorrow.
-Texas RB D'Onta Freeman has a 'small stress fracture' in his foot and was out of yesterdwys drills.
-Michigan LB Jabril Peppers will work with the LBs on Sun and DBs Mon

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya and I honestly believe Ben has 2 years 3 tops left and maybe only even 1. Sadly! But the guy is hit so damn much and he's getting old and that will take a toll on anyone
I so hope they could get Watson as I think I he would be the closest replace to Ben big guy, strong arm, mentally tough. There are some clear differences. But I don't think he will last until the Steelers are up

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently, I have NY going something like this:

Hassan Reddick, ILB
Cooper Kupp, WR
Samaje Perine, RB
Jake Butt, TE
Keonta Davis, DE
Chad Kelly, QB
Jake Elliot, K

I wouldn't mind Watson, Mahomes.
Wouldn't mind JuJu Smith. If we sign Brandon Marshall, I'd take Fournette in the second.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Currently, I have NY going something like this:

Hassan Reddick, ILB
Cooper Kupp, WR
Samaje Perine, RB
Jake Butt, TE
Keonta Davis, DE
Chad Kelly, QB
Jake Elliot, K

I wouldn't mind Watson, Mahomes.
Wouldn't mind JuJu Smith. If we sign Brandon Marshall, I'd take Fournette in the second.
IMO with obj I think adding Marshall would be a bad move

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO with obj I think adding Marshall would be a bad move
Why? Marshall is a class act now. Way different than before. He got help and is a good dude. One of the only positive voices in the Jets locker room.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why? Marshall is a class act now. Way different than before. He got help and is a good dude. One of the only positive voices in the Jets locker room.
Agreed but will it last? And you don't need to knuckle heads. I would pick Peterson imo think he would fit really well with that group

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed but will it last? And you don't need to knuckle heads. I would pick Peterson imo think he would fit really well with that group
I think it will. He had mental illness and got help. I would prefer Charles or lacy over AP. AP doesn't fit our offense. I like Perkins, though. And Fournette and Foreman may fall. Mahomes, too.

Will be interesting. If we can get a G or T we have an open draft board.

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
Fournette in the second when he is rated as a top 10-15pick. Also at 240lbs he runs a 4.51! Damn son that is fast for a guy that size and then he says he is carrying water weight! Lol

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
I think Charles could have one or two good more years in a RB committee system. I am from Detroit and can still remember the Lions passing on him trading and then getting Kevin Smith!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fournette in the second when he is rated as a top 10-15pick. Also at 240lbs he runs a 4.51! Damn son that is fast for a guy that size and then he says he is carrying water weight! Lol
He had a piss poor broad jump, 28" vertical, and meh cone drills. Showed zero explosion

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Turbisky really helping his draft stock today.

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
True dat, but he is not a Dalvin Cook style player( Which I prefer out of this draft) he is a run you over guy. My statement was more on the side of he ain't going to be there in the second really. That was what I was really getting at.

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
This thread is like the best of both worlds! I go to my workout/ supplement app and get my NFL draft fix!
Thx for starting this one

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True dat, but he is not a Dalvin Cook style player( Which I prefer out of this draft) he is a run you over guy. My statement was more on the side of he ain't going to be there in the second really. That was what I was really getting at.
Depends on his pro day. He's coming off injury, shows no explosion, and is over weight. Not a guy worth investing a premium pick atm.

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
That's why the draft is so fun! It's like a chess match and everyone has their own opinions. I hear you on that but My gut feeling is he will be the guy this year at RB out of this class.