Quote Originally Posted by b5150
    NLDS -- St.L vs LA -- St.L in 4
    NLDS -- Houston vs Atlanta -- Houston 4
    NLCS -- Houston vs St.L -- St.L in 5
    So far...4 for 4

2. Registered User
    Answers

I live in Houston and am an Astros fan. I am so pumped that the Astros finally beat the Braves.

The problem is we (Astros) now face the best team in baseball (Cardinals). Not only that, but our 3 best pitchers can't pitch game 1.

In short, it doesn't look good for the Astros, but I will hope for the best.

I am not ragging on my own team or making excuses. I am just trying to be realistic.

It will be fun to watch the Red Sox and Yankees go at it again. I believe the curse of the Great Bambino will hold, and the Yanks will win in 7.

Then the Cards will beat the Yanks in 5.

Oh Scotty, Clemens will get the NL Cy Young.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Curt Schilling had the quote of the day...There is nothing like shuting up 50,000 people especially New yorkers...Game 1 should be great The Moose is a great pitcher it could go either way,but the rest of the starters Redsox have the advantage..Even New York writers pick the sox to win, they agree the sox have the better team...But until the Sox beat the Yanks all the stats mean nothing. They could have an allstar team on paper does not matter until you win..This is the first time the Redsox have an edge in starting pitching and in the post season that is a big advantage..Last year New York had the better starting pitching and the better team.This should be a great series..
    •   

4. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Yes, all true, for the most part.

There are only two words that come to mind at this time: YANKEE OFFENSE
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Curt Schilling had the quote of the day...There is nothing like shuting up 50,000 people especially New yorkers...Game 1 should be great The Moose is a great pitcher it could go either way,but the rest of the starters Redsox have the advantage..Even New York writers pick the sox to win, they agree the sox have the better team...But until the Sox beat the Yanks all the stats mean nothing. They could have an allstar team on paper does not matter until you win..This is the first time the Redsox have an edge in starting pitching and in the post season that is a big advantage..Last year New York had the better starting pitching and the better team.This should be a great series..
    This is true Madman. I hope we take them this year. If we don't we always have the Patriots.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, all true, for the most part.

There are only two words that come to mind at this time: YANKEE OFFENSE

They have an awsome lineup,for years the Yankees relied on Pitching and defense.I would say that is not thier strength this year however they can beat you with the long ball,like the Redsox of old.The sox lineup is equal IMO our #9 hitter won the batting title 2 years ago and Manny and Ortiz are 40+ home run hitters..Im not one of these fair weather fans that think the Yankees suck,there are a great dynasty and this curse crap is just that,crap.These 2 teams have only faced eachother twice in post season play and both times the Yankees were the better team.The RedSox are over achievers they should have lost last year to Oakland..The irony here is that had we got A-Rod we would of lost the possible MVP this year Manny and would not have Cabrearra who is a vacuum at shortstop..If anyone cares these 2 teams played 19 times this year and the sox won the series 11-8 with a better ERA and better batting but like I said earlier it means nothing..The team that plays the best mistake free baseball is going to win,thats how close these 2 teams are..

I give the Sox a slight edge in hitting and power (very slight) and starting pitching..

The yankees have a slight edge in the bullpen but not much Foulke is awsome and timlin has been lights out as a set up.The sox have had some luck against Rivera so he is not automatic..By the way that is a terrible tragedy what happened to his family and I hope he is able to play.If we win we have to beat thier best and Mariano IMO is a class act..

Manager - clearly goes to Torre,simply because Franconna is a rookie to post season play. I have alot of respect for Torre as he is a great baseball person and I think someday would be a great commissioner..

All in all it is shaping up to be agreat series but the human element will decide this it could go 7 games or it could go 4
    It's safe to say something memorable will happen in this series and that is why there is so much drama about these 2 teams....
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I hope we're not popping our cork too soon in St. Louis, but World Series tickets go on sale Friday. They are limiting to 2 per person, which is cool, because I'd really like to go. We have some pretty weird fans in that there will be soccor moms and grandmas down there camping out in their Cardinal red.

I'd love to see Cardinal vs. Redsox, which I beleive was my origional pick but there is nobody else I'd like to beat than the Yankees. Sorry, Brian. NOw only if Scott Rolen can find his bat again, we're going to be pretty tough to beat.
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Cardinal's are a scary team,I remember 1967 Bob Gibson was awsome!!! I have not seem them enough but if they beat the Astros and they should, thats not a knock on the Astros,they are just beat up it will be no picnic for either the Redsox or Yankees.!!!

Npursuit...it sure takes the sting out whn the Pats 3 months later win the Superbowl...Good point!
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Cardinal's are a scary team,I remember 1967 Bob Gibson was awsome!!! I have not seem them enough but if they beat the Astros and they should, thats not a knock on the Astros,they are just beat up it will be no picnic for either the Redsox or Yankees.!!!

Npursuit...it sure takes the sting out whn the Pats 3 months later win the Superbowl...Good point!
    It sure would be sweet to have them both be Campions at the same time.....
  10. Banned
    Answers

the astros are rolling after there first post season series win. i believe they will take the cards the distance and win.
  11. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

HaHa I kinda like the shirt,I thinks it funny..I wonder how Pedro will respond to 55,000 idiots screaming who's your daddy..Hey you got to tip your cap to Moose last night he was on his game.I thought he was going to get a no hitter but the sox showed me something they didnt quit and erased a 7 run lead.They could of folded after being down by 7 runs but this line up is too good.Schilling is obviously hurt but you still got to play the games..Tonight if Pedro is Pedro he should own Lieber but ya never know..I just want to remind all redsox fans we won the first game last year and still lost the series.The yankees lost game one in the last 8 playoff series and still won..Game one means nothing but we need to win tonight..
  13. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Madman

The Moose WAS on his game for sure. Even Al Lieter was commenting on his performance. I was very impressed. I felt a little bad for Curt "Shell"-ing last night. But then I recalled his "shutting the mouth's of 55,000 Yankee fans" comment and I forgot about it. Yankee offense was ON.

RedSox are a team (if there was a sox team) to not take lightly at any point or lead. They showed they were still capable. Almost had me concerned...but the the NYY offense padded the lead again and all was OK.

Tonight is reckoning night for senorito Pedro aka: papa's bambino
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Madman

The Moose WAS on his game for sure. Even Al Lieter was commenting on his performance. I was very impressed. I felt a little bad for Curt "Shell"-ing last night. But then I recalled his "shutting the mouth's of 55,000 Yankee fans" comment and I forgot about it. Yankee offense was ON.

RedSox are a team (if there was a sox team) to not take lightly at any point or lead. They showed they were still capable. Almost had me concerned...but the the NYY offense padded the lead again and all was OK.

Tonight is reckoning night for senorito Pedro aka: papa's bambino

Agreed, should be a good one

Great to see Mariano Rivera after his ordeal,whether you like the yankees or hate em you gotta respect this guy,i sure do he is a class act..Im not one of these idiot crazed Boston fans who just yells out the Yankee suck's and there are alot of Yankee fans who are complete morons,you seem to be like me so we can atleast have a decent discussion about the series...But If I get you in the Gym ill be your Daddy...LOL (jk )man
  15. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

16. Gold Member
    Answers

Attached Images Attached Images
  17. Superman
    Answers

..liike the pic clintdogg. Astros are going to even it up tonight. Beltran is a beast!!!
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe the hard, fast rules of The Curse are changing. Last night, with the Red Sox almost completely fading into the Dead Sox and facing a dark winter, Boston came alive and fended off a Yankee sweep in Game 4 of the AL Championship Series.
  19. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

I think everyone knows that the Sox are a better team than they are when they play the Yankees in the postseason. They beat us in the regular season and should be better off in the series than they are now. Yes they avoided a sweep. And quite frankly I am pleased to see the competition. To come back from a 0-3 deficit is highly unlikely.
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I think everyone knows that the Sox are a better team than they are when they play the Yankees in the postseason. They beat us in the regular season and should be better off in the series than they are now. Yes they avoided a sweep. And quite frankly I am pleased to see the competition. To come back from a 0-3 deficit is highly unlikely.

It is good they showed some life and avoid the sweep,but to come back down 0-3 is a stretch.If Pedro can somehow out pitch Mussina which is a possible and take the series back to NY with schilling,who knows strange things can happen when it comes to these 2 teams..The last thing the Yankees want is a game 7 which probably will not happen but certainly makes for great sports talk radio...

PS: Matsui is unreal man can that guy hit.!!!
  21. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

PS: Matsui is unreal man can that guy hit.!!!
    Funny you say that. We've been goofing on him with things like: "If he could just catch and throw...he'd make a great ball player"
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

What a barn burner sox lead 2-1 in the 5th inning but by no means a safe lead,both teams stranding alot of base runners..I cant stand the suspense.!!!
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Top of the 11th all tied it's a good thing I gave up alcohol..This is how playoff baseball should be extra innings even though im frazzled.!!!! B5150
    great game no matter who wins hopefully we can come back to NY..its been fun going back and forth.
    Last edited by MaDmaN; 10-19-2004 at 07:44 AM.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Madman it's a pretty tense game going on right now. Too bad a win for the good guys will only have them heading back to the Bronx.
  25. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

You're both right...tense and the Bronx
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Wow this is crazy. Thank god it was the early game. See you guys in NY.
  27. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Wow is right,what thrilling game credit both teams.!!!! David Ortiz u da man
  28. Superman
    Answers

How bout them Astros...
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE=Manu20]How bout them Astros... [/QUOT

The Houston Astros,you talk about a cinderella team.How much money is Beltran gonna get next year,did you see the catch he made..Great Stuff.
  30. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

How much money is Beltran gonna get next year,did you see the catch he made..Great Stuff.
    You'll have to ask Steinbrenner He uses the post season player perfromance as a shopping list...
  31. Registered User
    Answers

You'll have to ask Steinbrenner He uses the post season player perfromance as a shopping list...
    I'll have to agree Beltran will more then likely end up in pinstripes....isn't his rep Scott Boros?
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

All I can say right now is the Cardinals are choking. I expect Roger to come in here on three days rest and close the series out. It just seems like they want it worse than we do, which is a shame considering how long this city has been without a World Series champion.

All the Yankee fans can thank the Cardinals for making Beltran a superstar and a future Yankee.
  33. Registered User
    Answers

it aint ova yet baby, the only bad thing about goin back to ny is hearing that stupid whos your daddy chant, come up with something better like the whos your dealer for sheffield, that was funny,and how sweet would it be to have roger pitching in boston or ny, roger roger roger roger
  34. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gosox1918
    it aint ova yet baby, the only bad thing about goin back to ny is hearing that stupid whos your daddy chant, come up with something better like the whos your dealer for sheffield, that was funny

I thought this was funny...

A bit premature, but still funny.From what I understand Gary Sheffield stated in from of a USA today writer "They're a walking disaster. They act like they're tough, how they care so much about winning, but it's all a front. They're just a bunch of characters." but now appears to be backing down from this comment.All this does is wind up the other team.One thing my coaches always taught me, let sleeping dogs ly.Thoughts
  35. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

This has been a fun ride but its hard to think that the sox are going to win 2 in hostile territory.I think Schilling is a gamer but that ankle is not good
  36. Registered User
    Answers

I have to agree with you Madman. I highly doubt the Sox will pull through. Hey why should this year be any different than the previous years? At least we didn't sweep us, and we still have a chance to see Jeeter take a fastball to the sack.
  37. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    I have to agree with you Madman. I highly doubt the Sox will pull through. Hey why should this year be any different than the previous years? At least we didn't sweep us, and we still have a chance to see Jeeter take a fastball to the sack.

HaHa...boy Pedro knocked Matsui off the plate and he went 1-6..Ya got to do it.Jeter needs a little chin music.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

that was sweet but you gotta do it to sheffield hes such a fake tough guy, he wont do shiz, his heart pumps koolaid, he did back down from what he said i was just listening to weei and they had the guy on from usa today, he said he does that all the time.
  39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gosox1918
    that was sweet but you gotta do it to sheffield hes such a fake tough guy, he wont do shiz, his heart pumps koolaid, he did back down from what he said i was just listening to weei and they had the guy on from usa today, he said he does that all the time.

My radio is glued to Weei..I love all these so called redsox fans second guessing Francona when they won the dam game.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

i cant stand the callers, armchair quarterbacks, i love it when they get blown up, but you gotta admit dale and newmy are francona kiss a's theyre kinda sickening
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who is your all time Favorite Actress (pick 3)
    By aries70 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 08:25 AM
  2. Who is your top 5 MMA fighters in World?
    By trueathlete in forum MMA
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 12:43 PM
  3. Who is your pick to win the Olympia?
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 06:23 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 09:03 AM