Who's your early World Series pick ?

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What a barn burner sox lead 2-1 in the 5th inning but by no means a safe lead,both teams stranding alot of base runners..I cant stand the suspense.!!! :frustrate

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Top of the 11th all tied it's a good thing I gave up alcohol..This is how playoff baseball should be extra innings even though im frazzled.!!!! B5150
great game no matter who wins hopefully we can come back to NY..its been fun going back and forth.

Last edited:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Madman it's a pretty tense game going on right now. Too bad a win for the good guys will only have them heading back to the Bronx.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Wow this is crazy. Thank god it was the early game. See you guys in NY.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow is right,what thrilling game credit both teams.!!!! David Ortiz u da man

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How bout them Astros... :cheers:[/QUOT

The Houston Astros,you talk about a cinderella team.How much money is Beltran gonna get next year,did you see the catch he made..Great Stuff.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much money is Beltran gonna get next year,did you see the catch he made..Great Stuff.
You'll have to ask Steinbrenner ;) He uses the post season player perfromance as a shopping list... :run:

Ghostmaster

Awards
You'll have to ask Steinbrenner ;) He uses the post season player perfromance as a shopping list... :run:
I'll have to agree Beltran will more then likely end up in pinstripes....isn't his rep Scott Boros?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
All I can say right now is the Cardinals are choking. I expect Roger to come in here on three days rest and close the series out. It just seems like they want it worse than we do, which is a shame considering how long this city has been without a World Series champion.

All the Yankee fans can thank the Cardinals for making Beltran a superstar and a future Yankee.

gosox1918

Awards
it aint ova yet baby, the only bad thing about goin back to ny is hearing that stupid whos your daddy chant, come up with something better like the whos your dealer for sheffield, that was funny,and how sweet would it be to have roger pitching in boston or ny, roger roger roger roger

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it aint ova yet baby, the only bad thing about goin back to ny is hearing that stupid whos your daddy chant, come up with something better like the whos your dealer for sheffield, that was funny

I thought this was funny...

A bit premature, but still funny.From what I understand Gary Sheffield stated in from of a USA today writer "They're a walking disaster. They act like they're tough, how they care so much about winning, but it's all a front. They're just a bunch of characters." but now appears to be backing down from this comment.All this does is wind up the other team.One thing my coaches always taught me, let sleeping dogs ly.Thoughts

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This has been a fun ride but its hard to think that the sox are going to win 2 in hostile territory.I think Schilling is a gamer but that ankle is not good

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with you Madman. I highly doubt the Sox will pull through. Hey why should this year be any different than the previous years? At least we didn't sweep us, and we still have a chance to see Jeeter take a fastball to the sack.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with you Madman. I highly doubt the Sox will pull through. Hey why should this year be any different than the previous years? At least we didn't sweep us, and we still have a chance to see Jeeter take a fastball to the sack.

HaHa...boy Pedro knocked Matsui off the plate and he went 1-6..Ya got to do it.Jeter needs a little chin music.

gosox1918

Awards
that was sweet but you gotta do it to sheffield hes such a fake tough guy, he wont do shiz, his heart pumps koolaid, he did back down from what he said i was just listening to weei and they had the guy on from usa today, he said he does that all the time.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that was sweet but you gotta do it to sheffield hes such a fake tough guy, he wont do shiz, his heart pumps koolaid, he did back down from what he said i was just listening to weei and they had the guy on from usa today, he said he does that all the time.

My radio is glued to Weei..I love all these so called redsox fans second guessing Francona when they won the dam game.

gosox1918

Awards
i cant stand the callers, armchair quarterbacks, i love it when they get blown up, but you gotta admit dale and newmy are francona kiss a's theyre kinda sickening

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I don't know who I hate more, Jeeter or A Rod. That was such a bullshit play by A Rod and he is still denying it to himself in the dugout. **** him and the Yankees. How anyone could be a Yankees fan is beyond me.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Now they are lining the field with cops in riot gear, LOL only in NY.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im amazed they had riot police ready to go,(then again it's New York) Too bad that stuff detracted from great pitching exhibition by Bloody ankled Curt Schilling .
That was nothing short of amazing what he did.The pressure around here was mounting to play Pokey Reese and pull Mark Bellhorn but Franconna stayed with Bellhorn,that was the best non move he didnt make.The A Rod thing, He was trying to make something happen and got caught and cried about it.I did loose some respect for him as a player.the home run called a double OMG how could he miss that, at least they overturned it and got it right,same with the A Rod play.I remember years ago umpires would never overturn any calls no matter how wrong they were remember 1999 ALCS.Can you imagine what will happen if the Redsox get a huge lead tonight it could get very ugly and that is too bad those fans need a lesson in humility and I hope it happens tonight...

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A couple of side notes,Redsox are the first ever to force a game seven after being 0-3 so they did make history at the Yankee expense.My wifes family are all New York fans and even they have their doubts about the Yankees this year the 2 reversed calls didnt go the Yanks way unlike previous years .That has never happened before alot of Yankee fans are getting a creepy feeling..

I still think it will be tough to win 4 straight but with Kevin Brown starting and you never know where his head is at cause he is such a mental case.Can you imagine a Joe Torre team going into game 7 not knowing who his starting pitcher is gonna be...this game could look like a spring training game with pitchers getting an inning or 2.After all these games I have not slept more than 3 hours a night I dont know how these guys are doing it im exhausted mentally and physically.
I need a break :blink:

Last edited:

gosox1918

Awards
i cant get enough of watching gayrod crying after they called him out, its gonna be so sweet to see clemens pitching in fenway, i can hear it now roger roger roger roger!

Ghostmaster

Awards
A couple of side notes,Redsox are the first ever to force a game seven after being 0-3 so they did make history at the Yankee expense.My wifes family are all New York fans and even they have their doubts about the Yankees this year the 2 reversed calls didnt go the Yanks way unlike previous years .That has never happened before alot of Yankee fans are getting a creepy feeling..

I still think it will be tough to win 4 straight but with Kevin Brown starting and you never know where his head is at cause he is such a mental case.Can you imagine a Joe Torre team going into game 7 not knowing who his starting pitcher is gonna be...this game could look like a spring training game with pitchers getting an inning or 2.After all these games I have not slept more than 3 hours a night I dont know how these guys are doing it im exhausted mentally and physically.
I need a break :blink:
Just think if they do pull it off tonight you'll have another week of metal exhaustion.....or should I say metal anguish.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Im amazed they had riot police ready to go,(then again it's New York) Too bad that stuff detracted from great pitching exhibition by Bloody ankled Curt Schilling .
That was nothing short of amazing what he did.The pressure around here was mounting to play Pokey Reese and pull Mark Bellhorn but Franconna stayed with Bellhorn,that was the best non move he didnt make.The A Rod thing, He was trying to make something happen and got caught and cried about it.I did loose some respect for him as a player.the home run called a double OMG how could he miss that, at least they overturned it and got it right,same with the A Rod play.I remember years ago umpires would never overturn any calls no matter how wrong they were remember 1999 ALCS.Can you imagine what will happen if the Redsox get a huge lead tonight it could get very ugly and that is too bad those fans need a lesson in humility and I hope it happens tonight...
The umpires did a great job last night. Thank god they got those calls right. Especially A Rod's tantrom. Even if we don't pull it off tonight at least we gave them a run for their money. I really don't know which is better though seeing the Red Sox win or the Yankees lose. I hope we shut all of those damn fans up quick tonight.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The umpires did a great job last night. Thank god they got those calls right. Especially A Rod's tantrom. Even if we don't pull it off tonight at least we gave them a run for their money. I really don't know which is better though seeing the Red Sox win or the Yankees lose. I hope we shut all of those damn fans up quick tonight.
:goodpost:
You know Npursuit a while back Eddie Andleman had sports talk show on Weei and did a whole show on that.Do you take more pleasure in the Redsox winning or the Yankees losing and ya know what I had to realy think about it..I was so dam happy when the Marlins beat the piss out of the dam Yankees last year I couldn't contain myself..

Pirate

Awards
Well let's see, I can tell you who ISN'T gonna win............................THE YANKEES and they suck.

GO RED SOX!!!!

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
When the Astros win tonight my Red Sox vs. Astros World Series prediction will be correct... :thumbsup: