Pirate

Awards
Yea, I'll have to give the nod to the Redsox

-Pirate

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, but you are ALL wrong. TWINS all the way. Sure the yankees took us in the last series we had with them during the regular season. But the first series with them we swept them. Im all for the twins. I have tickets to the second home game of the twins, but then again, the twins might just kick their ass and there won't be a second home game. :D

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, but you are ALL wrong. TWINS all the way. Sure the yankees took us in the last series we had with them during the regular season. But the first series with them we swept them. Im all for the twins. I have tickets to the second home game of the twins, but then again, the twins might just kick their ass and there won't be a second home game. :D
I'm trying to get tickets to one of the Astros games.

Jaymus

Awards
Yankees all the way! Grown and raised as a Yankee fan, and will die a Yankee fan.

:saw:
Red Sox.../\

All in good playing, Red Sox are a great team and It will be Yankees - Red Sox, But the Yankees will win. :)

the Cardinal

Awards
Astros vs. Red Sox with the Astros taking it.
In your dreams - Atlanta is going to sweep Houston in three, the manager will then be fired, some other loser will be hired, and Clemens will be the youngest man in the old folks home!

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
simple enough whos going to win; the damn twins! :D

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
SOX!!!...oh, how I have longed for this. :frustrate

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well so far my prediction is right for the twins. We shut the yankees out, 2-0 :D

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
Yankees vs Red Sox, the only time baseball is on the edge of your seat TV :) Yes I am a chick that watches and follows baseball :rasp:
i don't think your going to see them in the world series though.

i have a feeling about the 'stros this year. whenever they make the playoffs i root for them but i know in the back of my heart they won't win but this year is different. they are going to the series. their chemistry is perfect.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man, Santana owned the Yanks, he's hands down the Cy Young winner. Angels disappointed me, I thought they'd fare better but Schilling is a badass

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this happened last year as well (Yanks lose first game), and we all know what happened last year

That maybe true,but this is not last year and the Yankees starting pitching is not the same as last year...

Red sox blew out the Angels,I dont see this going more than 4 games...

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this happened last year as well (Yanks lose first game), and we all know what happened last year
Also this year we have some new players. We seem to be coming together this year betterm christian guzman is considered to be having one of his best years and such. To many differences to compare to last year. I'm just worried the twins will beat the yankees and their wont be a home game 2 :( Then I won't get the watch them in person beat the yankees

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man, Santana owned the Yanks, he's hands down the Cy Young winner. Angels disappointed me, I thought they'd fare better but Schilling is a badass
Funny you say that, most would say he had more of an off night yesterday. He usually has many less hits off of him. The yankees were hitting everything, and his pitches were wild most of the game. Also the cold seemed to be effecting him, his change up, which is what he is know for, wasn't on par with his usual game. This all could also come down to that he hasn't been in the position with a lot of pressure yet. Only time will tell.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
outstanding twin defense and/or poor execution on ny offense...twins looked very good

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well its about a little more than an hour till the next yankee/twins game starts. Im guessing this game is going to be a close game. Both getting runs and it will come down to the last few innings to determine the winner. Or the twins will just shut out yanks again :D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lieber is our #2 and that ain't much of a #2 compared to what we are used to as Yankee fans. If the Yankee offense can wake up...we can show the Twins what a Bronx Bombing is all about. ;)

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nice job on the yanks part. Very close game. I thought we had it when torii hit the home run on top of the 12th. :frustrate

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
astronauts!!!!!!!!! the killer b's have recruited some new help for the post season this year and now it is ass kicking time!
Yep finally the Astros are going to be doing the ass kicking in the playoffs... :drunk:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Sox kicked some ass last night! I don't think I'm going to be getting much sleep until this is all over. I did my 19.5 hour day to stay up and watch the game, got my 4.5 hours of sleep, and at work again. Thank God today is a travel day for the teams.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sox kicked some ass last night! I don't think I'm going to be getting much sleep until this is all over. I did my 19.5 hour day to stay up and watch the game, got my 4.5 hours of sleep, and at work again. Thank God today is a travel day for the teams.

Sox are looking real good...They will win in 3,then schilling will start the ALCS..I hope it's the Yank's because we have the horses to beat them this year..

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sox are looking real good...They will win in 3,then schilling will start the ALCS..I hope it's the Yank's because we have the horses to beat them this year..
Nope its def going to be the twins. :drunk:

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I live in Houston and am an Astros fan. I am so pumped that the Astros finally beat the Braves.

The problem is we (Astros) now face the best team in baseball (Cardinals). Not only that, but our 3 best pitchers can't pitch game 1.

In short, it doesn't look good for the Astros, but I will hope for the best.

I am not ragging on my own team or making excuses. I am just trying to be realistic.

It will be fun to watch the Red Sox and Yankees go at it again. I believe the curse of the Great Bambino will hold, and the Yanks will win in 7.

Then the Cards will beat the Yanks in 5.

Oh Scotty, Clemens will get the NL Cy Young.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Curt Schilling had the quote of the day...There is nothing like shuting up 50,000 people especially New yorkers...Game 1 should be great The Moose is a great pitcher it could go either way,but the rest of the starters Redsox have the advantage..Even New York writers pick the sox to win, they agree the sox have the better team...But until the Sox beat the Yanks all the stats mean nothing. They could have an allstar team on paper does not matter until you win..This is the first time the Redsox have an edge in starting pitching and in the post season that is a big advantage..Last year New York had the better starting pitching and the better team.This should be a great series..

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, all true, for the most part.

There are only two words that come to mind at this time: YANKEE OFFENSE

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Curt Schilling had the quote of the day...There is nothing like shuting up 50,000 people especially New yorkers...Game 1 should be great The Moose is a great pitcher it could go either way,but the rest of the starters Redsox have the advantage..Even New York writers pick the sox to win, they agree the sox have the better team...But until the Sox beat the Yanks all the stats mean nothing. They could have an allstar team on paper does not matter until you win..This is the first time the Redsox have an edge in starting pitching and in the post season that is a big advantage..Last year New York had the better starting pitching and the better team.This should be a great series..
This is true Madman. I hope we take them this year. If we don't we always have the Patriots. ;)

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes, all true, for the most part.

There are only two words that come to mind at this time: YANKEE OFFENSE

They have an awsome lineup,for years the Yankees relied on Pitching and defense.I would say that is not thier strength this year however they can beat you with the long ball,like the Redsox of old.The sox lineup is equal IMO our #9 hitter won the batting title 2 years ago and Manny and Ortiz are 40+ home run hitters..Im not one of these fair weather fans that think the Yankees suck,there are a great dynasty and this curse crap is just that,crap.These 2 teams have only faced eachother twice in post season play and both times the Yankees were the better team.The RedSox are over achievers they should have lost last year to Oakland..The irony here is that had we got A-Rod we would of lost the possible MVP this year Manny and would not have Cabrearra who is a vacuum at shortstop..If anyone cares these 2 teams played 19 times this year and the sox won the series 11-8 with a better ERA and better batting but like I said earlier it means nothing..The team that plays the best mistake free baseball is going to win,thats how close these 2 teams are..

I give the Sox a slight edge in hitting and power (very slight) and starting pitching..

The yankees have a slight edge in the bullpen but not much Foulke is awsome and timlin has been lights out as a set up.The sox have had some luck against Rivera so he is not automatic..By the way that is a terrible tragedy what happened to his family and I hope he is able to play.If we win we have to beat thier best and Mariano IMO is a class act..

Manager - clearly goes to Torre,simply because Franconna is a rookie to post season play. I have alot of respect for Torre as he is a great baseball person and I think someday would be a great commissioner..

All in all it is shaping up to be agreat series but the human element will decide this it could go 7 games or it could go 4
It's safe to say something memorable will happen in this series and that is why there is so much drama about these 2 teams....

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I hope we're not popping our cork too soon in St. Louis, but World Series tickets go on sale Friday. They are limiting to 2 per person, which is cool, because I'd really like to go. We have some pretty weird fans in that there will be soccor moms and grandmas down there camping out in their Cardinal red.

I'd love to see Cardinal vs. Redsox, which I beleive was my origional pick :) but there is nobody else I'd like to beat than the Yankees. Sorry, Brian. :) NOw only if Scott Rolen can find his bat again, we're going to be pretty tough to beat.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cardinal's are a scary team,I remember 1967 Bob Gibson was awsome!!! I have not seem them enough but if they beat the Astros and they should, thats not a knock on the Astros,they are just beat up it will be no picnic for either the Redsox or Yankees.!!!

Npursuit...it sure takes the sting out whn the Pats 3 months later win the Superbowl...Good point!

Ghostmaster

Awards
Cardinal's are a scary team,I remember 1967 Bob Gibson was awsome!!! I have not seem them enough but if they beat the Astros and they should, thats not a knock on the Astros,they are just beat up it will be no picnic for either the Redsox or Yankees.!!!

Npursuit...it sure takes the sting out whn the Pats 3 months later win the Superbowl...Good point!
It sure would be sweet to have them both be Campions at the same time.....

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
the astros are rolling after there first post season series win. i believe they will take the cards the distance and win.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
HaHa I kinda like the shirt,I thinks it funny..I wonder how Pedro will respond to 55,000 idiots screaming who's your daddy..Hey you got to tip your cap to Moose last night he was on his game.I thought he was going to get a no hitter but the sox showed me something they didnt quit and erased a 7 run lead.They could of folded after being down by 7 runs but this line up is too good.Schilling is obviously hurt but you still got to play the games..Tonight if Pedro is Pedro he should own Lieber but ya never know..I just want to remind all redsox fans we won the first game last year and still lost the series.The yankees lost game one in the last 8 playoff series and still won..Game one means nothing but we need to win tonight..

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Madman

The Moose WAS on his game for sure. Even Al Lieter was commenting on his performance. I was very impressed. I felt a little bad for Curt "Shell"-ing last night. But then I recalled his "shutting the mouth's of 55,000 Yankee fans" comment and I forgot about it. Yankee offense was ON.

RedSox are a team (if there was a sox team) to not take lightly at any point or lead. They showed they were still capable. Almost had me concerned...but the the NYY offense padded the lead again and all was OK.

Tonight is reckoning night for senorito Pedro aka: papa's bambino

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Madman

The Moose WAS on his game for sure. Even Al Lieter was commenting on his performance. I was very impressed. I felt a little bad for Curt "Shell"-ing last night. But then I recalled his "shutting the mouth's of 55,000 Yankee fans" comment and I forgot about it. Yankee offense was ON.

RedSox are a team (if there was a sox team) to not take lightly at any point or lead. They showed they were still capable. Almost had me concerned...but the the NYY offense padded the lead again and all was OK.

Tonight is reckoning night for senorito Pedro aka: papa's bambino

Agreed, should be a good one

Great to see Mariano Rivera after his ordeal,whether you like the yankees or hate em you gotta respect this guy,i sure do he is a class act..Im not one of these idiot crazed Boston fans who just yells out the Yankee suck's and there are alot of Yankee fans who are complete morons,you seem to be like me so we can atleast have a decent discussion about the series...But If I get you in the Gym ill be your Daddy...LOL (jk )man

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
:rofl: ..liike the pic clintdogg. Astros are going to even it up tonight. Beltran is a beast!!!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Maybe the hard, fast rules of The Curse are changing. Last night, with the Red Sox almost completely fading into the Dead Sox and facing a dark winter, Boston came alive and fended off a Yankee sweep in Game 4 of the AL Championship Series.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think everyone knows that the Sox are a better team than they are when they play the Yankees in the postseason. They beat us in the regular season and should be better off in the series than they are now. Yes they avoided a sweep. And quite frankly I am pleased to see the competition. To come back from a 0-3 deficit is highly unlikely.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think everyone knows that the Sox are a better team than they are when they play the Yankees in the postseason. They beat us in the regular season and should be better off in the series than they are now. Yes they avoided a sweep. And quite frankly I am pleased to see the competition. To come back from a 0-3 deficit is highly unlikely.

It is good they showed some life and avoid the sweep,but to come back down 0-3 is a stretch.If Pedro can somehow out pitch Mussina which is a possible and take the series back to NY with schilling,who knows strange things can happen when it comes to these 2 teams..The last thing the Yankees want is a game 7 which probably will not happen but certainly makes for great sports talk radio...

PS: Matsui is unreal man can that guy hit.!!!