1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Oh yeah, you had to trek so far. God, youre like the people who said that USC wasnt playing a home game in their NC in 2005 when they had to travel all the way to Pasadena from LA. Please, that is such a piss poor arguement. Im a broke college kid, shocker I couldnt make it out.
    My drive down I-5 was a lot longer than a flight from Austin, genius.

Do you ever get tired of being so petulant? You must constantly walk around with a face like a cat's ass.

Haven't you noticed our little routine?
    Step 1: You insult me.
    Step 2: I counter.
    Step 3: You cry like a toddler and throw a mini-tantrum on your keyboard.
    RTR.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    My drive down I-5 was a lot longer than a flight from Austin, genius.

Do you ever get tired of being so petulant? You must constantly walk around with a face like a cat's ass.

Haven't you noticed our little routine?
    Step 1: You insult me.
    Step 2: I counter.
    Step 3: You cry like a toddler and throw a mini-tantrum on your keyboard.
    It also cost less too. Thats a stupid arguement. Driving in state versus flying over several? Thats funny that how you see things though. Yeah, the old guy who lives in the blueprint for failure that is california was able to afford to go to the game while the broke college kid who obviously knows nothing about following college football or a team couldnt afford to go and obviously doesnt care as much. Give me a break. Go be a cal bears fan rofl. Like theyll ever be relevant to anything.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

It also cost less too. Thats a stupid arguement. Driving in state versus flying over several? Thats funny that how you see things though. Yeah, the old guy who lives in the blueprint for failure that is california was able to afford to go to the game while the broke college kid who obviously knows nothing about following college football or a team couldnt afford to go and obviously doesnt care as much. Give me a break. Go be a cal bears fan rofl. Like theyll ever be relevant to anything.
    Step 4: Repeat Step 3.

Do you realize you're now defending yourself against the very insult you initially tossed my way? Let's review:

BitterBoy: "Looks like football is just another sport to you finally."

rubberring: "Who was able to find both the time and cash to go cheer his team on in person in the national title game?"

^^That's an interrogative sentence. You weren't mentioned. Yet you proceeded to protest an awful lot. Hmmm...

But hey, good luck with the sympathy ploy, poor broke college kid. Hope that works out for ya.
    RTR.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Step 4: Repeat Step 3.

Do you realize you're now defending yourself against the very insult you initially tossed my way? Let's review:

BitterBoy: "Looks like football is just another sport to you finally."

rubberring: "Who was able to find both the time and cash to go cheer his team on in person in the national title game?"

^^That's an interrogative sentence. You weren't mentioned. Yet you proceeded to protest an awful lot. Hmmm...

But hey, good luck with the sympathy ploy, poor broke college kid. Hope that works out for ya.
    ...riiiiight. Your interrogative sentence had you comparing yourself to someone who actually is a fan. Having enough money to throw around to watch your old team despite having abandoned all things tied to it doesnt make you a MEGAFAN. You are so out of touch with the region that rules football. The funny part is you probably think you are just so right. You can take the bammer out of the trailer park...
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

When the hell yall done got this thread started???
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

...riiiiight. Your interrogative sentence had you comparing yourself to someone who actually is a fan. Having enough money to throw around to watch your old team despite having abandoned all things tied to it doesnt make you a MEGAFAN. You are so out of touch with the region that rules football. The funny part is you probably think you are just so right. You can take the bammer out of the trailer park...
    You know, there was a time when I thought you were probably a relatively normal dude exercising his 'little man' demons by creating a crass alter ego to get people riled up. But I came to realize you just have a colossal chip on your shoulder. You can't even help yourself anymore. California this, California that. Gay this, gay that. Abandonment? Really? Could you be a bit more melodramatic next time? You ditz, you don't know the first thing about me... just what I've allowed you to think you know.

Seriously, you need to come out of the closet. You'll feel so much better about yourself. The self-loathing has to end. You're the AM version of George Rekers. If you disagree, then prove me wrong and try not to stare at the rent boy...

Pg-40-rent-boy_368121t.jpg

Can't do it, can you? It's okay, TT... it's all going to be okay.
    RTR.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You know, there was a time when I thought you were probably a relatively normal dude exercising his 'little man' demons by creating a crass alter ego to get people riled up. But I came to realize you just have a colossal chip on your shoulder. You can't even help yourself anymore. California this, California that. Gay this, gay that. Abandonment? Really? Could you be a bit more melodramatic next time? You ditz, you don't know the first thing about me... just what I've allowed you to think you know.

Seriously, you need to come out of the closet. You'll feel so much better about yourself. You're the AM version of George Rekers. Prove me wrong and try not to stare at Rent Boy...

Pg-40-rent-boy_368121t.jpg

Can't do it, can you? It's okay, TT... it's all going to be okay.
    Id like to point out that you didnt post that image from some URL. You attached it. Meaning you had it saved on your computer. Just saying. Maybe youre trying to pull a Peter Graves in Airplane! "You like movies with Gladiators Timmy?"

The irony behind the bolded statement is outstanding. Its not my fault California is the poster child for failure, a case study in failure. Luckily, our whole country is going that direction, cant wait until we have a financial system collapse. I could rant about all these topics all day. It has nothing to do with overcompensating or anything. I do have chip on my shoulder, from watching everyone and everything descend into social, moral, and political ruin.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

I'll be in austin over memorial day at Lake Travis. No homo
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Id like to point out that you didnt post that image from some URL. You attached it. Meaning you had it saved on your computer. Just saying.

The irony behind the bolded statement is outstanding. Its not my fault California is the poster child for failure, a case study in failure. Luckily, our whole country is going that direction, cant wait until we have a financial system collapse. I could rant about all these topics all day. It has nothing to do with overcompensating or anything. I do have chip on my shoulder, from watching everyone and everything descend into social, moral, and political ruin.
    I use Firefox on an old iBook G4. The latest update won't allow me to attach URLs. But you're absolutely right... I now have a rent boy on my desktop. I should see if I can Photoshop Rekers' face to his crotch.

Your outlook is a bit too simplistic. California has the 7th largest economy in the world. So comparing your state's economic status to ours is apples and... carburetors.

The world descending into social, moral, and political ruin is nothing new. Almost every philosopher has addressed it over the last few thousand years. So the chip on the shoulder is a colossal waste of time.

You may be right on the irony thing. But probably not.

Or am I being ironic?
    RTR.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I'm hearing Alabama-Miami to open the 2012 season.
    RTR.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

I'm hearing Alabama-Miami to open the 2012 season.
    I thought we opened with Ohio State at Miami??

I haven't seen that but we've been over-run with OSU people on the UM board I moderate. I'll see if anyone knows anything on our side.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

I thought we opened with Ohio State at Miami??

I haven't seen that but we've been over-run with OSU people on the UM board I moderate. I'll see if anyone knows anything on our side.
    Sun Sentinel article:
    http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...ri-kansas-city
    RTR.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I go out there all the time.

But California is actually slipping to around 8th. Texas would be right behind New York at 15. You can say, man, California is doing way better. But this is only considering GDP. Not the fact that Texas accounted for over 50% of the nations new jobs in 2009 if I recall and that our state economy is still growing while yours is withering and crashing. Your government budget crisis is what, $26 Billion? Selling landmarks was even considered a viable option. You just had a what, 32% tuition increase for your universities? Its like comparing apples and oranges...just one is bigger and is rotting from the inside out. If it wasnt for the large amount of succubus' that are the new immigrants in South Texas, we would run the show. I have data to basically prove their (illegal) expansion has been a cancer onto our state spending and budget.

Check this out though.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2250999/?yahoo=y

To not see the obvious decay of society in general is naive..but you do live in California by your own will. What can I expect from you. Its your job to be naive, superficial and stupid. Oh, and when you run your state into the ****ing ground, you all move to a new place and act like total ****heads when you do. "Hey, remember how we ****ed up where we came from? Lets do the same things and act the same way here!"
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

To not see the obvious decay of society in general is naive..but you do live in California by your own will. What can I expect from you. Its your job to be naive, superficial and stupid.
    So, enlighten me. If we are decaying... then when exactly was the world so politically, socially, and morally peachy keen? Please give a month/year on that. Talk about naive.

I wish you pompous yokels would just succeed from the Union, like you Texans are always shooting your mouths off about. I heard that rubbish from Longhorn fans in Pasadena right before they started crying in their beer over losing the game. Strong patriotism. You hayseeds have the luxury of sharing in the resources states like California provide, and there's no way in hell Texas could be a self-sustaining nation. Your political heroes would have their tails between their legs, asking some gender/racial minority, liberal president for a bail-out within seven years.

I choose to stay in California because of the diversity in landscape and culture... two things you know nothing about. I've got Coyote Hills and Mission Peak right outside my front door. This summer, I'll enjoy climbing Half Dome on a random Tuesday, being at Point Reyes by Thursday, and then strolling down Highway 1 to Santa Cruz for the weekend. No way I could ever bask in this kind of beauty in your state. I've been all over Texas, and there's no comparison in geography.

On the weekends, I live near Petaluma. I'll be residing here full-time come July. It's a very "red" and rural area, and the folks here are extremely conservative. The thing is, I love it. Know why? Because they're conservative... not redneck... and therein lies the difference.

Your social perspective (or lack thereof) and your ability to judge only through generalities is absolutely childish. Ever heard of Piaget and stages of moral development? Probably not. Let me paraphrase: See, in normal kids, the pre-operational stage takes place between 2 and 7 years of age. Pre-operational children are usually ego centric, which means they are only able to consider things from their own point-of-view. They imagine that everyone shares this view, because it has to be the only one possible. Gradually during this stage, a certain amount of decentering occurs.

Clearly, you are still stuck in this stage. Sadly enough, it's not all that uncommon, so you should have plenty of company. I believe they're called Tea-baggers.

(Btw, I always suspected you might be a "pre-op"... and I'm not referring to morality.)
    RTR.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

Huh. I was mistaken last night - next year OSU comes to Miami for possibly the opener.

I think we play Kansas St in '12. Not sure whom else. In 2013 the Gators finally come on the return trip for the '07 game we played at the Swamp. Would be interesting to play Bama as well.

I would guess they are pushing Notre Lame for that game in Chicago. ND has been against it since the series ended in '90.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.51%

I have no idea where yall are taking this thread. But I was looking at going to Miami-Ohio St on Sept 11th till I saw the ticket prices. 175 bucks!!!

I want to go to UM-Pitt the following week but just realized it's a damn Thursday night game. Not sure if I have that much vacation. Arg.

Am looking at going to Orygun-Tennessee in Knoxville on Labor Day weekend.
    Am also thinking about Boise-VaTech on Labor Day night here at FedEx field. It's only a Metro ride away. But that would be a helluva Tuesday morning!

After that am def. going to UM-UVa to see that wine and cheese crowd. Maybe UM-Gt in ATL. Though I'm bad luck for the Canes there. They are 1-2 when I go.

Not sure what else I'll go to. Maybe a Penn St game if any of the PSU people here go or any of the PSU people in Baton Rouge come up. One of those guys was talking about coming up for Michigan-Pen St with a UMich alum that is also down in BR.

What games are yall looking to go to?
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

What games are yall looking to go to?
    If I can't get tickets for Bama-Penn State on 9/11... I'll fly out a week earlier for the home opener against San Jose State instead. I know I'll at least be able to get tix on the SJSU side. Other than that, I'll get out to a few Cal and Stanford games.
    RTR.
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So, enlighten me. If we are decaying... then when exactly was the world so politically, socially, and morally peachy keen? Please give a month/year on that. Talk about naive.

I wish you pompous yokels would just succeed from the Union, like you Texans are always shooting your mouths off about. I heard that rubbish from Longhorn fans in Pasadena right before they started crying in their beer over losing the game. Strong patriotism. You hayseeds have the luxury of sharing in the resources states like California provide, and there's no way in hell Texas could be a self-sustaining nation. Your political heroes would have their tails between their legs, asking some gender/racial minority, liberal president for a bail-out within seven years.

I choose to stay in California because of the diversity in landscape and culture... two things you know nothing about. I've got Coyote Hills and Mission Peak right outside my front door. This summer, I'll enjoy climbing Half Dome on a random Tuesday, being at Point Reyes by Thursday, and then strolling down Highway 1 to Santa Cruz for the weekend. No way I could ever bask in this kind of beauty in your state. I've been all over Texas, and there's no comparison in geography.

On the weekends, I live near Petaluma. I'll be residing here full-time come July. It's a very "red" and rural area, and the folks here are extremely conservative. The thing is, I love it. Know why? Because they're conservative... not redneck... and therein lies the difference.

Your social perspective (or lack thereof) and your ability to judge only through generalities is absolutely childish. Ever heard of Piaget and stages of moral development? Probably not. Let me paraphrase: See, in normal kids, the pre-operational stage takes place between 2 and 7 years of age. Pre-operational children are usually ego centric, which means they are only able to consider things from their own point-of-view. They imagine that everyone shares this view, because it has to be the only one possible. Gradually during this stage, a certain amount of decentering occurs.

Clearly, you are still stuck in this stage. Sadly enough, it's not all that uncommon, so you should have plenty of company. I believe they're called Tea-baggers.

(Btw, I always suspected you might be a "pre-op"... and I'm not referring to morality.)
    When personal choice wasnt as important as tradition. And did you mean secede? Yes, there are a good deal of people who wish we would as well. And yeah, what the hell does Texas have right? I mean, no natural resources, no petroleum refineries, no ports, no agriculture, no large group of veterans and defense contractors based here...I mean ****, we all live on a farm and there is no economic success to speak of. I mean, I know we dont account for any of this nations energy industry. Without us, kiss half of the nations new jobs goodbye. You have no idea what would happen were Texas to secede. They wouldn't be alone, I can tell you that. The only person asking for a bailout will the the debt crushed president to the EU.

You are like the best Bammers. You are smart, yet stupid. You can delude yourself into anything as long as you feel right. You think hurling all that **** at me, like you actually know a god damn thing about what youre talking about, sticks and makes you right. All your psychobabble bull**** is childish. Keep thinking California is a good place full of good people. Its hilarious. Im glad people think like you, otherwise we would have to deal with more of your emigration. Also, I want you to eventually legalize weed, that way you can get all the worthless ****heads around the nation to gather there and maybe you can get some of the ****heads who moved here from LA to go back. And I dont live in a diverse area? I live in Austin dumb****.

Being red in California is pointless and they arent red anyways. Go ahead, see which state is crumbling and which one is running the show right now. Keep being the posterboy for progressivism, hedonism, superficiality, and blueprint to failure. Let me know how your budget shortfall plays out, we are all enjoying watching the show. First state to request a bailout maybe? Better hope Pelosi is still in power after november...
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

When personal choice wasnt as important as tradition. And did you mean secede? Yes, there are a good deal of people who wish we would as well. And yeah, what the hell does Texas have right? I mean, no natural resources, no petroleum refineries, no ports, no agriculture, no large group of veterans and defense contractors based here...I mean ****, we all live on a farm and there is no economic success to speak of. I mean, I know we dont account for any of this nations energy industry. Without us, kiss half of the nations new jobs goodbye. You have no idea what would happen were Texas to secede. They wouldn't be alone, I can tell you that. The only person asking for a bailout will the the debt crushed president to the EU.

You are like the best Bammers. You are smart, yet stupid. You can delude yourself into anything as long as you feel right. You think hurling all that **** at me, like you actually know a god damn thing about what youre talking about, sticks and makes you right. All your psychobabble bull**** is childish. Keep thinking California is a good place full of good people. Its hilarious. Im glad people think like you, otherwise we would have to deal with more of your emigration. Also, I want you to eventually legalize weed, that way you can get all the worthless ****heads around the nation to gather there and maybe you can get some of the ****heads who moved here from LA to go back. And I dont live in a diverse area? I live in Austin dumb****.

Being red in California is pointless and they arent red anyways. Go ahead, see which state is crumbling and which one is running the show right now. Keep being the posterboy for progressivism, hedonism, superficiality, and blueprint to failure. Let me know how your budget shortfall plays out, we are all enjoying watching the show. First state to request a bailout maybe? Better hope Pelosi is still in power after november...
    You really wanna start pointing out typos? If so, your use of emigration makes no sense.

If my comments don't hit close to home with you... then why do you get so worked up?

I'll check back with you in 10 years or so, when you have a legitimate amount of life experience. You'll have a decent income by then and you won't have to gripe about being the "broke college kid," which clearly serves to amplify your bitterness.

Think about it: You constantly insist on arguing... in a football thread... over who lives in the better state. Why not just assert that your dad can beat up my dad?
    RTR.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I can beat up both of your dad's.

PS:

Woo Pig.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    I can beat up both of your dad's.

PS:

Woo Pig.
    Negged for avoiding whether or not you can beat up my mother.
    RTR.
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You really wanna start pointing out typos? If so, your use of emigration makes no sense.

If my comments don't hit close to home with you... then why do you get so worked up?

I'll check back with you in 10 years or so, when you have a legitimate amount of life experience. You'll have a decent income by then and you won't have to gripe about being the "broke college kid," which clearly serves to amplify your bitterness.

Think about it: You constantly insist on arguing... in a football thread... over who lives in the better state. Why not just assert that your dad can beat up my dad?
    Actually it makes sense when you remember how people are leaving California in droves because they cant find work and they can sell their house at a major loss and buy one in a good state for half of what they sold theirs for.

Play the life experience card, gotta have a fall back. Ill be a fan of college football for a long time, youll just be a game water as the seasons pass. Go Cal Bears! Lol, Im sure theyll get rid of the program there due to the state not being able to fund education anymore. Sucks when all the rich people you were paying for everyone else go off elsewhere. And Im saying, living in California willingly seriously hinders your ability to appreciate things outside of your ass, where your head spends most of its time.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Actually it makes sense when you remember how people are leaving California in droves because they cant find work and they can sell their house at a major loss and buy one in a good state for half of what they sold theirs for.
    Actually, emigration is almost always used in the context of moving from one country to another to settle there permanently. Without getting into a semantic debate, migration would've been a less confusing choice. I say "less confusing," because I'm not clear on whether or not you think California is a part of the United States. Obviously, you think Texas isn't.

Sucks when all the rich people you were paying for everyone else go off elsewhere.
    I have no idea what that disaster of a sentence means.

Play the life experience card, gotta have a fall back. Ill be a fan of college football for a long time, youll just be a game water as the seasons pass. Go Cal Bears! Lol, Im sure theyll get rid of the program there due to the state not being able to fund education anymore... And Im saying, living in California willingly seriously hinders your ability to appreciate things outside of your ass, where your head spends most of its time.
    See, life experience isn't a card. It's life experience. I don't expect you to grasp that.

Oh, and seeing that I'm the only one of us who has actually been to both Austin and the SF Bay Area... I think that makes me the only one of us who's really qualified to have an objective opinion.

You are like the best Bammers. You are smart, yet stupid.
    That you even pretend to sound profound while using a noun like "Bammer" is a joke. You are like the worst (attach petty label here). You are just f#cking stupid.

Don't take this the wrong way or anything... but you're an ignorant, redneck piece of sh1t.
    RTR.
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Actually, emigration is almost always used in the context of moving from one country to another to settle there permanently. Without getting into a semantic debate, migration would've been a less confusing choice. I say "less confusing," because I'm not clear on whether or not you think California is a part of the United States. Obviously, you think Texas isn't.

I have no idea what that disaster of a sentence means.

See, life experience isn't a card. It's life experience. I don't expect you to grasp that.

Oh, and seeing that I'm the only one of us who has actually been to both Austin and the SF Bay Area... I think that makes me the only one of us who's really qualified to have an objective opinion.

That you even pretend to sound profound while using a noun like "Bammer" is a joke. You are like the worst (attach petty label here). You are just f#cking stupid.

Don't take this the wrong way or anything... but you're an ignorant, redneck piece of sh1t.
    Emigrate - to leave one's place of residence or country to live elsewhere.

So wait, all your bitching about it being wrong...was wrong. Ill let you think about that one for a little. It might have been confusing, if you were ****ing stupid.

And the sentiment behind that sentence was, you can only tax the rich so long before they leave for greener pastures and you have an epic budget shortfall. When they pay the majority of your taxes...ruh roh.

I dont expect you to understand that you cant cling to "life expierience! life expierience!" and translate that to, "Im right, youre wrong thpptttt."

How would being to San Fran and Austin make you objective? That makes no sense, especially when you live around there. Thats like saying, Ive lived in Indiana for one year and Texas my entire life, and Indiana blows. Im objective. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

There is nothing profound about calling people Bammers. Just like Bammers call Auburn fans barners. And so on. and so on. There is just a personality type I see in many of the Alabama fans Ive met that I find hilarious. You can the bammer out of the double wide...
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

How would being to San Fran and Austin make you objective? That makes no sense, especially when you live around there. Thats like saying, Ive lived in Indiana for one year and Texas my entire life, and Indiana blows. Im objective. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Horrible analogy. You see, you are the only one in this thread attacking someone else's place of residence. I simply responded to your inane assumptions by stating that I enjoy the diversity here, and that I was not impressed with the geography or demography of your area. You responded by saying Austin was diverse... after you've made it crystal that you hate all newcomers... who are essentially the ones who make it, uh... diverse. What? (Don't explain.)

Here's what I know: I'm happy with my life choices and I don't go around comparing my station in life to that of another. On the other hand, you can't stop talking about mine... which only makes your misery that much more transparent.

You're a crashing bore. Your self-loathing is disconcerting. Either talk about football or stick your head up your as$ and jump. I'm tired of reading about your social, sexual, and intellectual insecurities. Get therapy before you end up trying to explain the body parts in your basement.
    RTR.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm tired of reading about your social, sexual, and intellectual insecurities.
    A graphic representation of sexual insecurity:

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

I would say that's our boy... but I can't see the personalized belt buckle.
    RTR.
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Horrible analogy. You see, you are the only one in this thread attacking someone else's place of residence. I simply responded to your inane assumptions by stating that I enjoy the diversity here, and that I was not impressed with the geography or demography of your area. You responded by saying Austin was diverse... after you've made it crystal that you hate all newcomers... who are essentially the ones who make it, uh... diverse. What? (Don't explain.)

Here's what I know: I'm happy with my life choices and I don't go around comparing my station in life to that of another. On the other hand, you can't stop talking about mine... which only makes your misery that much more transparent.

You're a crashing bore. Your self-loathing is disconcerting. Either talk about football or stick your head up your as$ and jump. I'm tired of reading about your social, sexual, and intellectual insecurities. Get therapy before you end up trying to explain the body parts in your basement.
    I wont explain Austins diversity because youre too god damn dumb to understand it and in a hilarious twist of irony, you dont grasp the concept behind what Im saying because your worldview is too narrow.

Youre willfully stupid, and that's what I take issue with.

Your pop psycho babble is hilarious. Another hallmark of bammers, they talk like they know what they're saying when they dont.

[IMG]http://images-cdn.anabolicminds.com/image404.jpg[IMG]
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7jA-H-jMo"]YouTube- *NEW*Lily Allen - **** You Very Much[/nomedia]
    RTR.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.38%

Can we swing this back into the realm of football ever? You guys are just bashing each other now.

At least bash each other's football team. Oh right. Alabama already did bash Texas. I'm sorry.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by texaswolf View Post
    At least bash each other's football team. Oh right. Alabama already did bash Texas. I'm sorry.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Went to a curriculum council meeting today, and someone was gracious enough to point this out to me...

http://www.wcmessenger.com/opinion/c...uuixBePTkf.php

"Texas ranks 50th among the states in high school graduation rate, 48th in SAT scores, 45th in secondary school teachers with degrees in the subjects they teach, 39th in state aid per pupil and 32nd in average teacher salaries. Texas ranks 1st in uninsured children and 4th in the percentage of children living in poverty.

These statistics - gathered by the staff of State Sen. Eliot Shapleigh, D-El Paso, in a booklet entitled "Texas on the Brink" - also include that while the national high school dropout rate is 9.8 percent, in Texas it's at least 38 percent for African-American students, 24 percent for whites, and 50 percent for Hispanics.

In 2003, Texas ranked 49th in state spending per capita and on tax revenue raised, with average state government spending nationwide 46 percent higher than Texas," Shapleigh wrote. "The state's rankings are the expected outcome of an inadequate, outdated and terribly regressive tax system, one that taxes those least able to pay the most."

Here, let me follow my own advice and tie this back into football...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvszLw5ri84"]YouTube- texas sucks vid[/nomedia]
    RTR.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,241372

"Kiffin will make $4 million a year at USC, or roughly $333,333 per career win to date. That number is twice what Kiffin made at Tennessee and makes him one of the highest-paid college coaches in the country. It puts the 35-year-old, would-be wunderkind on par with established veterans Mack Brown, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Les Miles and Bob Stoops, and ahead of Jim Tressel – all of whom have won at least 12 games in a season en route to national championships clearly of their own making."
    RTR.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.38%

Kiffin must be able to sell himself really well to athletic directors and school presidents. I don't get it.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Quote Originally Posted by texaswolf View Post
    I don't get it.
    I don't either. I know having his daddy in tow is part of the "package deal"... but Monte still gets another $2M on top of Lame's salary. All that dough for a guy with a 12-21 (0.363) record as a head coach?
    RTR.
  36. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I don't either. I know having his daddy in tow is part of the "package deal"... but Monte still gets another $2M on top of Lame's salary. All that dough for a guy with a 12-21 (0.363) record as a head coach?
    I thought it had more to do with USC's desperation than Kiffin's credentials as a head coach. Remember they were turned down by Gruden and Chow before settling on Lame and I'm sure you're right that bringing daddy and Ed Orgeron with him were part the deal. On a related note has anyone heard anything recent about the NCAA investigation of USC? Kiffin and Orgeron were both on staff when the violations occurred so obviously USC is very concerned about the violations.
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Went to a curriculum council meeting today, and someone was gracious enough to point this out to me...

http://www.wcmessenger.com/opinion/c...uuixBePTkf.php

"Texas ranks 50th among the states in high school graduation rate, 48th in SAT scores, 45th in secondary school teachers with degrees in the subjects they teach, 39th in state aid per pupil and 32nd in average teacher salaries. Texas ranks 1st in uninsured children and 4th in the percentage of children living in poverty.

These statistics - gathered by the staff of State Sen. Eliot Shapleigh, D-El Paso, in a booklet entitled "Texas on the Brink" - also include that while the national high school dropout rate is 9.8 percent, in Texas it's at least 38 percent for African-American students, 24 percent for whites, and 50 percent for Hispanics.

In 2003, Texas ranked 49th in state spending per capita and on tax revenue raised, with average state government spending nationwide 46 percent higher than Texas," Shapleigh wrote. "The state's rankings are the expected outcome of an inadequate, outdated and terribly regressive tax system, one that taxes those least able to pay the most."

Here, let me follow my own advice and tie this back into football...

YouTube- texas sucks vid
    All this data can be attributed to places where education is not important and south Texas, where the immigrants have landed and expanded. As they pop out more anchor babies and are ****ty parents, their kids follow suit. I was actually familiar with the rep from El Paso's little presentation, "Texas on the Brink" before you brought this up. Texas has also doubled its spending in HHS percentage wise in the last 20 years. Guess why. The immigrant population. Some of the things are posed as bad stats when they are good. Texas has the least spending per capita. "Small government." Texas has a ****ton of new jobs and growth and for being such an economic power, has done reasonably well during the recession. Yet, the idiot slams the regressive tax system. Funny how that works. Many of the statistics are fudged because they bounce back and forth between real world numbers and per capita numbers. Texas has a special program for children where poor families are able to get insurance for their kids. Regardless of how I feel about it, its there and accessible. People are too stupid to take advantage of it. In regards to the teacher statistics, its no surprise seeing as many rural areas and poor areas are hardly magnets for the best and brightest of future teachers. Its just a reality. The whole presentation by Rep. Schapleigh is hilariously one sided and biased. Its a propaganda piece. Thanks for being a manchild, please play again soon.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

All this data can be attributed to places where education is not important...
    Well, that's extremely insightful. Seems like you definitely have a grasp on the situation.

and south Texas, where the immigrants have landed and expanded.
    Yes, I can see clearly now how the immigrants account for the fact that about 1/4 of the young, white adult population in Texas are without high school diplomas.

Texas has a special program for children where poor families are able to get insurance for their kids. Regardless of how I feel about it, its there and accessible. People are too stupid to take advantage of it.
    Those stupid, stupid poor people. If only there was an effective education system to, you know... help them to be less stupid about those things.

The whole presentation by Rep. Schapleigh is hilariously one sided and biased. Its a propaganda piece. Thanks for being a manchild, please play again soon.
    Sorry to be such a man, child, but here's today's dose of reality... or as you refer to it: biased propaganda. I especially liked the last three paragraphs.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201005...s/ynews_ts2096

Obviously, I'm just kidding. I mean, Texas sounds absolutely blissful. In fact, I'm trying to talk my illegal Hispanic lover, Salvador, into moving there. Unfortunately, he's afraid that because he has a diploma... he'll stand out.
    RTR.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Obviously, I'm just kidding. I mean, Texas sounds absolutely blissful. In fact, I'm trying to talk my illegal Hispanic lover, Salvador, into moving there.
    You know Salvador too?
  40. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Well, that's extremely insightful. Seems like you definitely have a grasp on the situation.

Yes, I can see clearly now how the immigrants account for the fact that about 1/4 of the young, white adult population in Texas are without high school diplomas.

Those stupid, stupid poor people. If only there was an effective education system to, you know... help them to be less stupid about those things.

Sorry to be such a man, child, but here's today's dose of reality... or as you refer to it: biased propaganda. I especially liked the last three paragraphs.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201005...s/ynews_ts2096

Obviously, I'm just kidding. I mean, Texas sounds absolutely blissful. In fact, I'm trying to talk my illegal Hispanic lover, Salvador, into moving there. Unfortunately, he's afraid that because he has a diploma... he'll stand out.
    Oh yes, to till soil and run a ranch, you need that 4 year degree. To take over your parents shop when they retire, you need that 4 year degree. Give me a break.

It isnt the governments responsibility to teach those values to kids. The parents should be doing that. Nanny states do not work. Look at Greece and your own state.

Everyone is having budget shortfalls. We do have a rainy day fund to fix gaps like this and our economy is still bringing in new companies and businesses. You liked those three paragraphs? I liked this part.

"Our economy on the other hand [improved] — let me give you a great example: We had a $10 billion budget deficit when we got here in January of 2003. We cut that budget deficit; we did not raise taxes; we came back in '05, and we had an $8 billion surplus."

Texas had two enormous prestigious public universities that are at capacity to point that in the new session, the Texas Legislature will create another Tier-1 research public university in Texas. There are numerous other schools and opportunities. In some places, education really isn't necessary to earning a living. Ill let you think about that for a little bit. Clearly youll have to dig up some more yahoo articles to paraphrase.

To put another splinter into your strap on, http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...arizonapdf.pdf

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2009 College Football Season
    By OldGator in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2751
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  2. College Football 2008 season
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1563
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 12:12 AM
  3. Football Off season log
    By pavb10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29