• Established
sorry about kiffin.. maybe he wont take a dump on your program like TN

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sorry about kiffin.. maybe he wont take a dump on your program like TN
Yeah, I dislike Kiffin, but at least he's assembling a nice ensemble of staff around him and recruiting seems to be looking decent. We'll see how the NCAA investigations affect all that though. Buuut id TN wants him back they can have him, I won't argue.

JComp

Awards
I think Ohio States got a pretty good shot at the national title this year. Not losing anyone big on offense and the ones they are losing on d already have good people behind them. Dont see any team in the country they cant beat.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think Ohio States got a pretty good shot at the national title this year. Not losing anyone big on offense and the ones they are losing on d already have good people behind them. Dont see any team in the country they cant beat.
Miami on 9/11 won't be a cakewalk. The two best games in September might be that game and Penn St. @ Alabama.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
They wont get there. No one has forgotten how the Big 10 gets embarrassed in the NC.

JComp

Awards
I know they play will have some tough games but all should be winnable, not saying they will go undefeted but they should. I think beating Oregon in the Rose Bowl proves they can beat people outside of the Big-10 so they should be able to get there because of that.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I know they play will have some tough games but all should be winnable, not saying they will go undefeted but they should. I think beating Oregon in the Rose Bowl proves they can beat people outside of the Big-10 so they should be able to get there because of that.
Beating the Pac 10 is more of a recreational activity. The mountain west has harder teams. The Pac 10 is the softest major conference out there. At first we thought it was because USC was just so dominant but after they went down...we realized everyone just wasnt that good. The fact that OSU has Terelle Pryor at QB and lost to an eventual mediocre USC with a true freshman at QB just proves that they will get molested in any kind of NC.

JComp

Awards
If they beat Miami and Penn State they could be 1 or 2 in the bcs rankings at the end of the season. I think they can play just as good as anyone. They have more key returning players than most teams do.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Being in the Big XII and calling other league's soft is kind of funny considering the BigXII us a two trick pony. Texas and Oklahoma are all you have. Now that I got that out, definitely agree, Pac10 is ridiculously soft. Mangino Soft.

JComp

Awards
The big 12 has a 2-4 recored in the NC game, OSU has a 1-3, so one more win give OSU just as many championships as the big 12

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
The big 12 has a 2-4 recored in the NC game, OSU has a 1-3, so one more win give OSU just as many championships as the big 12
It would be hurtful to flaunt the SEC record....

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
It's just too d@mn early for
this! Maybe not....go Irish ! We'll see if Kelly can at least get em in shape and broken in; instead of feeding them cheeseburgers. Buy into winning or go home.

JComp

Awards
Im pretty sure sec was 12-0, but i wasnt trying to prove anyone being the better conferance, just that OSU has as good a shot as anyone of going to the national championship.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Im pretty sure sec was 12-0, but i wasnt trying to prove anyone being the better conferance, just that OSU has as good a shot as anyone of going to the national championship.
You have much to learn in the ways of the trash talk my friend. Also, never apologize.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Being in the Big XII and calling other league's soft is kind of funny considering the BigXII us a two trick pony. Texas and Oklahoma are all you have. Now that I got that out, definitely agree, Pac10 is ridiculously soft. Mangino Soft.
Ive lobbied with no real actually lobbying for Texas and Texas A&M to kick out Kentucky and Vandy and join the SEC. I hate the Big XII but its still better than the Pac 10.

Thats because they are the only somewhat consistantly good team in the Big 10. If you remove OU from their collassal **** ups known as BCS appearances, it looks a little better. Texas almost pulled off the last one.

JComp

Awards
You have much to learn in the ways of the trash talk my friend. Also, never apologize.
Well the SEC is the best conferance as a whole. Im actually not even that big of an OSU fan, im more of a Cincinnati fan, but I dont see them going to the BSC even if they go undefeated.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Well the SEC is the best conferance as a whole. Im actually not even that big of an OSU fan, im more of a Cincinnati fan, but I dont see them going to the BSC even if they go undefeated.
I saw them go to the BCS last year. It didn't work out so well.

JComp

Awards
Yea they dont have the D to hold up. They can score with most teams but theyre not going to make any type of defensive stands.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Could have had to do with losing their head coach that had built their program from nothing after he told them he'd be there for them and then stabbed them in the back.

b0z

b0z

Awards
Whew I hope Michigan can get their sh*t together. I don't think I can take another -500 season.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Could have had to do with losing their head coach that had built their program from nothing after he told them he'd be there for them and then stabbed them in the back.
Welcome to big time college football.

JComp

Awards
Yea Kelly leaving was a bad call on his part, I dont see why he couldnt have worked out the deal with Notre Dame, coached the game, then left after. What does he or Notre Dame lose if he coaches the game?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea Kelly leaving was a bad call on his part, I dont see why he couldnt have worked out the deal with Notre Dame, coached the game, then left after. What does he or Notre Dame lose if he coaches the game?
Because the Bearcats had zero chance of not being embarrassed by Florida, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They gave up 45 points to UConn, 36 to Illinois, and 44 to Pitt... and there was no way they were gonna score seven TDs against an SEC defense in Tebow's last hurrah.

I don't think what Kelly did was ethical, but the above had a lot to do with it. The Irish wanted a "winner"... not someone who just got blown out by the team whose coach they really wanted to begin with. As for Notre Dame, the fact that Kelly brought his Cincinnati DC with him should be cause for concern. Anyone who watched the Irish last season knows painfully well how horrible ND's defense was. Granted, Kelly and his DC will have better athletes to work with relative to Cincinnati, so time will tell.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whew I hope Michigan can get their sh*t together. I don't think I can take another -500 season.
Clonazepam and Guinness will help a lot until Big Blue can lure Miles or Harbaugh back to Ann Arbor. Until then...:alcoholic:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Appalachian State broke the back of Michigan. They werent the same program since. Thanks Lloyd:drive:

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Clonazepam and Guinness will help a lot until Big Blue can lure Miles or Harbaugh back to Ann Arbor. Until then...:alcoholic:
They helped me cope with the "Joe must go" era...2000-2004

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We've been through this already; it's called an excuse, nothing more. It's convenient to have an excuse every time something doesn't go your way. Life's a real bitch sometimes, but the good teams find ways to win in the face of adversity. You can try to rationalize it anyway you want, but the vivid reality is still the same.

Whether he was there or not for that game, Florida still would have trounced them either way......and they did.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hahaha I love this thread. The smack talk has already begun. GO BUCKS!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
We've been through this already; it's called an excuse, nothing more. It's convenient to have an excuse every time something doesn't go your way. Life's a real bitch sometimes, but the good teams find ways to win in the face of adversity. You can try to rationalize it anyway you want, but the vivid reality is still the same.

Whether he was there or not for that game, Florida still would have trounced them either way......and they did.
You keep telling yourself that. After watching Utah slap Bama around, I wouldnt doubt any motivated up and coming program like that.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You keep telling yourself that. After watching Utah slap Bama around, I wouldnt doubt any motivated up and coming program like that.
I'd tend to agree with you if we were talking about TCU or Boise State... but Cincinnati didn't play defense before or after Kelly left. The BCS/Sugar Bowl should've paired either of the aforementioned teams against the Gators if they cared at all about a legitimate match-up.

(And you're right - Utah absolutely slapped Bama around a year ago. But I know this: As upsetting and embarrassing as it was to watch at the time, that game had a lot to do with Alabama winning the NC this past season.)

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just found out that h0other has the swine flu. So, everyone please keep that War Eagle sh#thead in your thoughts/prayers and will him toward a speedy recovery.

Get well, hater. :squintfinger:

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bud. This stuff is no joke. I got so bored from sitting on this couch for the past 3 days straight that I decided to look on here. Appreciate the kind comment.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bud. This stuff is no joke. I got so bored from sitting on this couch for the past 3 days straight that I decided to look on here. Appreciate the kind comment.
I imagine it must suck. What's the prognosis? How long before you're back to championship bowling form? Hope it's soon, dude. Rest up.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Swine flu is relatively tame honestly...compared to the media hype at least.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've missed the point...:rolleyes:

I'm not going to argue about it anymore either. It's over; Florida won; move on now.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely wish you a speedy recovery as well, hOother.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I'm improving already... I caught it early enough where it wasnt too deadly. Just 102-103 fever for the past 4 days. Im down to a mild fever now so I dont think I have much longer. Love the bowling comment though lol.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I'm improving already... I caught it early enough where it wasnt too deadly. Just 102-103 fever for the past 4 days. Im down to a mild fever now so I dont think I have much longer. Love the bowling comment though lol.
great news buddy...take care!!!:fest30:

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You've missed the point...:rolleyes:

I'm not going to argue about it anymore either. It's over; Florida won; move on now.
You just refuse to accept that you didnt beat a full strength team. Imagine if you lost Urban and your OC after they promised theyd stay and you were an up and coming program while Cinci was the established one. Its not hard to understand you got a free pass. Dont worry, Florida has peaked.

Wow. My prayers go out to his family and friends. D@mn shame.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1070547
Gotta be honest, he did it to himself. Not much sympathy is given out by me. Sucks but hes not the victim here.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So disappointing. Only 91,312 showed up for the spring game this year. :D

"The Commissioner":
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-SNYSFIeAk"]YouTube- Alabama Football - Nick Saban A-Day 2010[/nomedia]

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
I see the **** talking has already started.

Geaux Tigers!