2010 College Football Season

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Razorbacks Razorbacks Razorbacks. Get used to the name. You will hear it on college football final often this season.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Razorbacks Razorbacks Razorbacks. Get used to the name. You will hear it on college football final often this season.
The SEC West will be the toughest division in college football in 2010. Alabama will be a force again, but they will have a very young defense and a big crimson bulls-eye on them. Auburn will be much-improved, as will Arkansas. You can never count LSU out. I think it will be almost impossible to remain undefeated this year playing in that division. In fact, we might see a team with two conference losses playing the Gators in Atlanta this December.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tebow goes to Denver...

Sorry Trauma, but now I have to be anti-Tebow seeing as Denver is one of the few teams that I can't stand.

Go Chargers!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually think Tim is a very good fit in Denver. I not a Denver fan, but I like Josh McDaniels (being as I'm a Patriot fan). He's just the type of head coach mentality that Tim needs to develop on many different levels.

-John

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, Rolando McClain will be playing right up the freeway from me. Too bad I'm a 49ers fan.

Strange to see Colt, Clausen, and Gerhart still sitting after the 1st round. Amusing as hell... but strange nonetheless. :lol: Glad to see the Lions take a chance on Jahvid Best.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I HATE the Broncos A LOT now. I HATE anyone associated with the Patriots.

But I agree Tebow went to the right place for him. McDaniels should be able to find a way to make Tebow of value.

I want to see where the Mountain goes.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually think Tim is a very good fit in Denver. I not a Denver fan, but I like Josh McDaniels (being as I'm a Patriot fan). He's just the type of head coach mentality that Tim needs to develop on many different levels.

-John
Agggh, I hate the Patriots too.

Raiders, Denver, Patriots, Steelers... those are the 4 I wish all bad juju on...lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agggh, I hate the Patriots too.

Raiders, Denver, Patriots, Steelers... those are the 4 I wish all bad juju on...lol
I should rep then neg u lol. I HATE the Patriots with a passion but the Steelers are my team. Stay out of GA Ben!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should rep then neg u lol. I HATE the Patriots with a passion but the Steelers are my team. Stay out of GA Ben!
I do like Palamolu though. Of course he's a product of USC :)

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Well, Rolando McClain will be playing right up the freeway from me. Too bad I'm a 49ers fan.

Strange to see Colt, Clausen, and Gerhart still sitting after the 1st round. Amusing as hell... but strange nonetheless. :lol: Glad to see the Lions take a chance on Jahvid Best.
That's alright. No one wanted to take a chance due to our past QB that was taken in the first. Most of the best QBs come out 2nd or 3rd round anyway. He should be fine wherever he goes. I'm not an NFL fan, so I don't care where he goes. He left early, and he lost a LOT of money by sitting after the 1st round. Shouldn't have been blinded by $ and finished out his college career. But I can't say the $ wouldn't have blinded me!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I should neg all you patriot haters. :D

I almost threw up when I saw pouncey go to the steelers. God I hate them...

GO GATORS; GO PATS!!

-John

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a Browns fan. We are mortal enemies.
I think Joe Haden was a good pick-up by them. I loathe the steelers as well, so I share your sentiment. :D

-John

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I think Joe Haden was a good pick-up by them. I loathe the steelers as well, so I share your sentiment. :D

-John
I loved that pick. I hope we get Colt McCoy tonight. I think Clausen is trash.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am a Browns fan. We are mortal enemies.
Awesome the Browns suck anyway :) Josh Cribbs is crazy for resigning with them. Idk if even Holmgren can turn that team around.

I should neg all you patriot haters. :D

I almost threw up when I saw pouncey go to the steelers. God I hate them...

GO GATORS; GO PATS!!

-John
I have HATED the Patriots before they even won their 1st SuperBowl. I cheered when Tom Brady got hurt. In fact I hope he gets hurt again this year. BTW whats up with some of the Patriot FA? I saw some of their key additions and almost ALL of them were OLD.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome the Browns suck anyway :) Josh Cribbs is crazy for resigning with them. Idk if even Holmgren can turn that team around.

I have HATED the Patriots before they even won their 1st SuperBowl. I cheered when Tom Brady got hurt. In fact I hope he gets hurt again this year. BTW whats up with some of the Patriot FA? I saw some of their key additions and almost ALL of them were OLD.
Hate a team/player or not, wishing injury upon someone is seriously disturbing...

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hate a team/player or not, wishing injury upon someone is seriously disturbing...
I dont wish injury on anyone else ever. But I seriously just dont like the guy. Idc if it is a finger injury. Just knock that man around. That offensive line gets away with too much holding if u ask me.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Any particular reason besides he's not from the "Dirty South"? And hating ND is not a qualifying reason either.
I agree with the draft experts: durability issues, leadership issues, loved Charlie Weiss issues....

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Cribbs is a beast and he is from Ohio, so it is a hometown thing. Holmgren has already started the turnaround. We ended the season with five straight victories (including one over Pittsburgh).

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cribbs is a beast and he is from Ohio, so it is a hometown thing. Holmgren has already started the turnaround. We ended the season with five straight victories (including one over Pittsburgh).
Ok that makes sense but still he was their only real big threat last year.
Ya but the Steelers had a bad year last year. Troy Polamalu will be back making big plays this year.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Dez Bryant (oklahoma ST) going to Dallas.....YEAH!!!

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Really surprised Tim "He-blow" went in the first round...wow!! In his defense, Josh McDaniels should to a good job moulding him to a good NFL QB...hell, he made Orton pretty good.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fellow Gators (Spikes and Cunningham) go to the Pats!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Chiefs' rookie squad is a veritable SEC all-star team: Berry from Tennessee in the 1st round, followed today by McCluster from Ole Miss and Arenas from Bama.

Big "Mount" Cody and the Ravens looks like a good pairing.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been this excited about a Browns draft since I was in the womb.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the draft experts: durability issues, leadership issues, loved Charlie Weiss issues....
Durability issues? Really? After his first season of taking an absolute beating in all games? Playing with an injured ankle for the whole season? I would say he is pretty d@mn durable.

Obviously he can lead a college team...we shall see about an NFL one. Its a different ballgame out there. And his off site fight; hell every red-blooded American male right out of high school and into college has been in his fair share of fistfights. Starting them, finishing them, or both. Or neither.

The Charlie Weis thing troubles anyone who doesn't like Weis. Myself included.

So those 3 things classify him IYO as "trash"?

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Durability issues? Really? After his first season of taking an absolute beating in all games? Playing with an injured ankle for the whole season? I would say he is pretty d@mn durable.

Obviously he can lead a college team...we shall see about an NFL one. Its a different ballgame out there. And his off site fight; hell every red-blooded American male right out of high school and into college has been in his fair share of fistfights. Starting them, finishing them, or both. Or neither.

The Charlie Weis thing troubles anyone who doesn't like Weis. Myself included.

So those 3 things classify him IYO as "trash"?
It isn't a personal thing, so don't get offended. I just thought there were better quarterbacks for the Browns (who haven't had a good qb since Bernie Kosar). We got McCoy way later than he should have gone. Holmgren is a genious.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
It isn't a personal thing, so don't get offended. I just thought there were better quarterbacks for the Browns (who haven't had a good qb since Bernie Kosar). We got McCoy way later than he should have gone. Holmgren is a genious.
None taken. I think maybe Bradford isn't so durable. That was proven when he came back from surgery. He was "ready" so they said, but they were wrong. I hope for his sake that he can withstand the pounding he's gonna take in the NFL. That's a LOT of money to pay someone who is injured.

All in all though, I am glad to see that Clausen has gone to a place where they can actually block, and keep people off his *ss. If they do this, and he can't produce, well, he would be a flop. I just don't see that though.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised nobody took Armani Edwards (App ST) earlier....I really like watching him play...i was first turned on to him when he embarassed Michigan.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm interested to hear theories on how the SEC overlooked the fact that the last six conference opponents on Alabama's schedule will be coming off a bye week. That's quite an oversight.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested to hear theories on how the SEC overlooked the fact that the last six conference opponents on Alabama's schedule will be coming off a bye week. That's quite an oversight.
Youre way behind the times on that one. I know Bammers that have been complaining for a long time about that.

Also, interesting article in SI. Its about what would happen if the Big 10 expands to include more teams. The SEC would get OK ST, OU, Texas, and Texas A&M in their scenario. Can we say that Dixie would rule college football...forever?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Youre way behind the times on that one. I know Bammers that have been complaining for a long time about that.

Also, interesting article in SI. Its about what would happen if the Big 10 expands to include more teams. The SEC would get OK ST, OU, Texas, and Texas A&M in their scenario. Can we say that Dixie would rule college football...forever?
No, I've known about it since the schedule was released. I do monitor the Bama boards. I'm just curious as to what other non-Tide fans think the reason may be: conspiracy (if so, I can't figure out who the hell benefits), oversight, or just coincidence?

Mike Slive will ensure that the SEC remains THE preeminent football conference. He's been very up front on that. I have mixed feelings on "super-conferences" that will surely rule college ball in the future.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
No, I've known about it since the schedule was released. I do monitor the Bama boards. I'm just curious as to what other non-Tide fans think the reason may be: conspiracy (if so, I can't figure out who the hell benefits), oversight, or just coincidence?

Mike Slive will ensure that the SEC remains THE preeminent football conference. He's been very up front on that. I have mixed feelings on "super-conferences" that will surely rule college ball in the future.[/QUOTE]

can you explain those mixed feelings please? i'm interested.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
No one cares about Penn State. They will get whipped by Bama.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can you explain those mixed feelings please? i'm interested.
Having 12 teams in a conference allows for playing 2/3 of your league opponents during the season, and perhaps meeting another conference opponent in a championship game (Alabama and Florida over the last two years, for instance). Worst case scenario: You dodge 4 conference teams in any season. With the current setup, it's not very likely that many of those teams would be ranked.

Now imagine the possibility that TT pointed out: Alabama, Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia, S. Carolina, Auburn, Texas, Oklahoma, Okla. State, Texas A&M, etc. all in the same 16-team super-conference. Increasing the number of league games furthers the odds of a loss, thereby hurting the chances of having a conference team represented in the BCS title game. Keeping it at 8-9 conference games per season wouldn't allow for playing approx. 70% of your conference, as the current 12-team setup does. It would be more like 50%.

Can you imagine Alabama winning this hypothetical conference and not having to face Texas or Florida to do it? It's a recipe for more college football d-r-a-m-a.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It would be soooo sick. Take top 4 from the super conferences. OMG. 12 team playoff out of that.

A 12-team playoff would require some teams getting bye weeks. Make it 16.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
Having 12 teams in a conference allows for playing 2/3 of your league opponents during the season, and perhaps meeting another conference opponent in a championship game (Alabama and Florida over the last two years, for instance). Worst case scenario: You dodge 4 conference teams in any season. With the current setup, it's not very likely that many of those teams would be ranked.

Now imagine the possibility that TT pointed out: Alabama, Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia, S. Carolina, Auburn, Texas, Oklahoma, Okla. State, Texas A&M, etc. all in the same 16-team super-conference. Increasing the number of league games furthers the odds of a loss, thereby hurting the chances of having a conference team represented in the BCS title game. Keeping it at 8-9 conference games per season wouldn't allow for playing approx. 70% of your conference, as the current 12-team setup does. It would be more like 50%.

Can you imagine Alabama winning this hypothetical conference and not having to face Texas or Florida to do it? It's a recipe for more college football d-r-a-m-a.

That was like the WAC back in the day when it had like 16+ teams or something ridiculous like that. It was pretty whack.

Now the WAC just plain sucks. All their good teams went to the Mountain West.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
well since i just read through all the posts and didnt see any fellow UGA fans, here goes. GO DAWGS!!! yeah, we have not had the best showing lately on the field, but im a die hard DAWG fan and am currently attending UGA. cant wait for this season to start up. should be quite fun to see our new defense considering we got Grantham from the Cowboys.