2010 College Football Season

Page 4 of 65 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    872
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk View Post
    Any particular reason besides he's not from the "Dirty South"? And hating ND is not a qualifying reason either.
    I agree with the draft experts: durability issues, leadership issues, loved Charlie Weiss issues....

  2. Senior Member
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    872
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Awesome the Browns suck anyway Josh Cribbs is crazy for resigning with them. Idk if even Holmgren can turn that team around.
    Cribbs is a beast and he is from Ohio, so it is a hometown thing. Holmgren has already started the turnaround. We ended the season with five straight victories (including one over Pittsburgh).
  3. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629267
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    36.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    Cribbs is a beast and he is from Ohio, so it is a hometown thing. Holmgren has already started the turnaround. We ended the season with five straight victories (including one over Pittsburgh).
    Ok that makes sense but still he was their only real big threat last year.
    Ya but the Steelers had a bad year last year. Troy Polamalu will be back making big plays this year.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49617
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Dez Bryant (oklahoma ST) going to Dallas.....YEAH!!!
  5. Advanced Member
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49617
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Really surprised Tim "He-blow" went in the first round...wow!! In his defense, Josh McDaniels should to a good job moulding him to a good NFL QB...hell, he made Orton pretty good.
  6. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57342
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Fellow Gators (Spikes and Cunningham) go to the Pats!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  7. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The Chiefs' rookie squad is a veritable SEC all-star team: Berry from Tennessee in the 1st round, followed today by McCluster from Ole Miss and Arenas from Bama.

    Big "Mount" Cody and the Ravens looks like a good pairing.
    RTR.
  8. Senior Member
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    872
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I haven't been this excited about a Browns draft since I was in the womb.
  9. Advanced Member
    BabyHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    859
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    9.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    I agree with the draft experts: durability issues, leadership issues, loved Charlie Weiss issues....
    Durability issues? Really? After his first season of taking an absolute beating in all games? Playing with an injured ankle for the whole season? I would say he is pretty d@mn durable.

    Obviously he can lead a college team...we shall see about an NFL one. Its a different ballgame out there. And his off site fight; hell every red-blooded American male right out of high school and into college has been in his fair share of fistfights. Starting them, finishing them, or both. Or neither.

    The Charlie Weis thing troubles anyone who doesn't like Weis. Myself included.

    So those 3 things classify him IYO as "trash"?
  10. Senior Member
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    872
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk View Post
    Durability issues? Really? After his first season of taking an absolute beating in all games? Playing with an injured ankle for the whole season? I would say he is pretty d@mn durable.

    Obviously he can lead a college team...we shall see about an NFL one. Its a different ballgame out there. And his off site fight; hell every red-blooded American male right out of high school and into college has been in his fair share of fistfights. Starting them, finishing them, or both. Or neither.

    The Charlie Weis thing troubles anyone who doesn't like Weis. Myself included.

    So those 3 things classify him IYO as "trash"?
    It isn't a personal thing, so don't get offended. I just thought there were better quarterbacks for the Browns (who haven't had a good qb since Bernie Kosar). We got McCoy way later than he should have gone. Holmgren is a genious.
  11. Advanced Member
    BabyHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    859
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    9.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    It isn't a personal thing, so don't get offended. I just thought there were better quarterbacks for the Browns (who haven't had a good qb since Bernie Kosar). We got McCoy way later than he should have gone. Holmgren is a genious.
    None taken. I think maybe Bradford isn't so durable. That was proven when he came back from surgery. He was "ready" so they said, but they were wrong. I hope for his sake that he can withstand the pounding he's gonna take in the NFL. That's a LOT of money to pay someone who is injured.

    All in all though, I am glad to see that Clausen has gone to a place where they can actually block, and keep people off his *ss. If they do this, and he can't produce, well, he would be a flop. I just don't see that though.
  12. Advanced Member
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49617
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Fellow Gators (Spikes and Cunningham) go to the Pats!
    Sean Lee (PSU)--------> Dallas!!!!!!!!! I love this draft
  13. Advanced Member
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49617
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    I'm surprised nobody took Armani Edwards (App ST) earlier....I really like watching him play...i was first turned on to him when he embarassed Michigan.
  14. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro
  15. Advanced Member
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49617
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    i watched the first 1:48...then turned it off.
  16. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm interested to hear theories on how the SEC overlooked the fact that the last six conference opponents on Alabama's schedule will be coming off a bye week. That's quite an oversight.
    RTR.
  17. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I'm interested to hear theories on how the SEC overlooked the fact that the last six conference opponents on Alabama's schedule will be coming off a bye week. That's quite an oversight.
    Youre way behind the times on that one. I know Bammers that have been complaining for a long time about that.

    Also, interesting article in SI. Its about what would happen if the Big 10 expands to include more teams. The SEC would get OK ST, OU, Texas, and Texas A&M in their scenario. Can we say that Dixie would rule college football...forever?
  18. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Youre way behind the times on that one. I know Bammers that have been complaining for a long time about that.

    Also, interesting article in SI. Its about what would happen if the Big 10 expands to include more teams. The SEC would get OK ST, OU, Texas, and Texas A&M in their scenario. Can we say that Dixie would rule college football...forever?
    No, I've known about it since the schedule was released. I do monitor the Bama boards. I'm just curious as to what other non-Tide fans think the reason may be: conspiracy (if so, I can't figure out who the hell benefits), oversight, or just coincidence?

    Mike Slive will ensure that the SEC remains THE preeminent football conference. He's been very up front on that. I have mixed feelings on "super-conferences" that will surely rule college ball in the future.
    RTR.
  19. Advanced Member
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49617
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    [QUOTE=rubberring;2407779]No, I've known about it since the schedule was released. I do monitor the Bama boards. I'm just curious as to what other non-Tide fans think the reason may be: conspiracy (if so, I can't figure out who the hell benefits), oversight, or just coincidence?

    Mike Slive will ensure that the SEC remains THE preeminent football conference. He's been very up front on that. I have mixed feelings on "super-conferences" that will surely rule college ball in the future.[/QUOTE]

    can you explain those mixed feelings please? i'm interested.
  20. Advanced Member
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    49617
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

    http://standardspeaker.com/sports/qb...-game-1.744355

    QB controversy in Happy Valley?????
  21. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    No one cares about Penn State. They will get whipped by Bama.
  22. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    can you explain those mixed feelings please? i'm interested.
    Having 12 teams in a conference allows for playing 2/3 of your league opponents during the season, and perhaps meeting another conference opponent in a championship game (Alabama and Florida over the last two years, for instance). Worst case scenario: You dodge 4 conference teams in any season. With the current setup, it's not very likely that many of those teams would be ranked.

    Now imagine the possibility that TT pointed out: Alabama, Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia, S. Carolina, Auburn, Texas, Oklahoma, Okla. State, Texas A&M, etc. all in the same 16-team super-conference. Increasing the number of league games furthers the odds of a loss, thereby hurting the chances of having a conference team represented in the BCS title game. Keeping it at 8-9 conference games per season wouldn't allow for playing approx. 70% of your conference, as the current 12-team setup does. It would be more like 50%.

    Can you imagine Alabama winning this hypothetical conference and not having to face Texas or Florida to do it? It's a recipe for more college football d-r-a-m-a.
    RTR.
  23. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Not when we have a playoff system.
  24. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Not when we have a playoff system.
    The two would definitely have to happen concurrently.
    RTR.
  25. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    The two would definitely have to happen concurrently.
    It would be soooo sick. Take top 4 from the super conferences. OMG. 12 team playoff out of that.

  26. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    It would be soooo sick. Take top 4 from the super conferences. OMG. 12 team playoff out of that.

    A 12-team playoff would require some teams getting bye weeks. Make it 16.
    RTR.
  27. New Member
    texaswolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    5
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    304
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Having 12 teams in a conference allows for playing 2/3 of your league opponents during the season, and perhaps meeting another conference opponent in a championship game (Alabama and Florida over the last two years, for instance). Worst case scenario: You dodge 4 conference teams in any season. With the current setup, it's not very likely that many of those teams would be ranked.

    Now imagine the possibility that TT pointed out: Alabama, Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Georgia, S. Carolina, Auburn, Texas, Oklahoma, Okla. State, Texas A&M, etc. all in the same 16-team super-conference. Increasing the number of league games furthers the odds of a loss, thereby hurting the chances of having a conference team represented in the BCS title game. Keeping it at 8-9 conference games per season wouldn't allow for playing approx. 70% of your conference, as the current 12-team setup does. It would be more like 50%.

    Can you imagine Alabama winning this hypothetical conference and not having to face Texas or Florida to do it? It's a recipe for more college football d-r-a-m-a.

    That was like the WAC back in the day when it had like 16+ teams or something ridiculous like that. It was pretty whack.

    Now the WAC just plain sucks. All their good teams went to the Mountain West.
  28. Senior Member
    laserbluess's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,266
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    8.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    well since i just read through all the posts and didnt see any fellow UGA fans, here goes. GO DAWGS!!! yeah, we have not had the best showing lately on the field, but im a die hard DAWG fan and am currently attending UGA. cant wait for this season to start up. should be quite fun to see our new defense considering we got Grantham from the Cowboys.
  29. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro
  30. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This article gave me a chuckle...
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...gofpetrinoshou
    RTR.
  31. Advanced Member
    atjnutrition2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    386
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    55.38%

    Laserbluess, I'm with you on the Dawgs. Not sure how this season's going to go, but I can't wait anyway!
  32. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Whats funny about that?
  33. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Whats funny about that?
    C'mon, man... paranoia is hilarious. Seriously, I bet there's at least half a dozen fans per team in the south who check the real estate ads daily for that kind of stuff.
    RTR.
  34. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by laserbluess View Post
    well since i just read through all the posts and didnt see any fellow UGA fans, here goes. GO DAWGS!!! yeah, we have not had the best showing lately on the field, but im a die hard DAWG fan and am currently attending UGA. cant wait for this season to start up. should be quite fun to see our new defense considering we got Grantham from the Cowboys.
    Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Laserbluess, I'm with you on the Dawgs. Not sure how this season's going to go, but I can't wait anyway!
    Just so you both know: The guy who has the most posts in the college football thread... his team wins the national championship. True story.

    RTR.
  35. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    C'mon, man... paranoia is hilarious. Seriously, I bet there's at least half a dozen fans per team in the south who check the real estate ads daily for that kind of stuff.
    You have been out of the southern region for too long if thats funny to you.
  36. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    You have been out of the southern region for too long if thats funny to you.
    One can never be out of the southern region for too long.

    YouTube- Crying Wrestling Fan
    RTR.
  37. Senior Member
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    872
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    I have the fear now.
  38. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    One can never be out of the southern region for too long.
    Oh right, the failed welfare state you live in is much better. Ill never live above or to the west of the south again if I can help it. Looks like football is just another sport to you finally.
  39. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Oh right, the failed welfare state you live in is much better. Ill never live above or to the west of the south again if I can help it. Looks like football is just another sport to you finally.
    Yep, just another sport. Oh, wait a minute... who was able to find both the time and cash to go cheer his team on in person in the national title game?



    You're just adorable.
    RTR.
  40. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Yep, just another sport. Oh, wait a minute... who was able to find both the time and cash to go cheer his team on in person in the national title game?

    You're just adorable.
    Oh yeah, you had to trek so far. God, youre like the people who said that USC wasnt playing a home game in their NC in 2005 when they had to travel all the way to Pasadena from LA. Please, that is such a piss poor arguement. Im a broke college kid, shocker I couldnt make it out.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 2009 College Football Season
    By OldGator in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2751
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  2. College Football 2008 season
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1563
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 12:12 AM
  3. Football Off season log
    By pavb10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
  4. College Football Pre-Season 2007
    By jmh80 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 11:45 PM
  5. College Football: Who's a Fan?
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 02:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in