2010 College Football Season

Page 3 of 87 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    The big 12 has a 2-4 recored in the NC game, OSU has a 1-3, so one more win give OSU just as many championships as the big 12
    It would be hurtful to flaunt the SEC record....

2. It's just too d@mn early for
    this! Maybe not....go Irish ! We'll see if Kelly can at least get em in shape and broken in; instead of feeding them cheeseburgers. Buy into winning or go home.
    •   

3. Im pretty sure sec was 12-0, but i wasnt trying to prove anyone being the better conferance, just that OSU has as good a shot as anyone of going to the national championship.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    Im pretty sure sec was 12-0, but i wasnt trying to prove anyone being the better conferance, just that OSU has as good a shot as anyone of going to the national championship.
    You have much to learn in the ways of the trash talk my friend. Also, never apologize.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    Being in the Big XII and calling other league's soft is kind of funny considering the BigXII us a two trick pony. Texas and Oklahoma are all you have. Now that I got that out, definitely agree, Pac10 is ridiculously soft. Mangino Soft.
    Ive lobbied with no real actually lobbying for Texas and Texas A&M to kick out Kentucky and Vandy and join the SEC. I hate the Big XII but its still better than the Pac 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    The big 12 has a 2-4 recored in the NC game, OSU has a 1-3, so one more win give OSU just as many championships as the big 12
    Thats because they are the only somewhat consistantly good team in the Big 10. If you remove OU from their collassal **** ups known as BCS appearances, it looks a little better. Texas almost pulled off the last one.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    You have much to learn in the ways of the trash talk my friend. Also, never apologize.
    Well the SEC is the best conferance as a whole. Im actually not even that big of an OSU fan, im more of a Cincinnati fan, but I dont see them going to the BSC even if they go undefeated.

7. Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    Well the SEC is the best conferance as a whole. Im actually not even that big of an OSU fan, im more of a Cincinnati fan, but I dont see them going to the BSC even if they go undefeated.
    I saw them go to the BCS last year. It didn't work out so well.

8. Yea they dont have the D to hold up. They can score with most teams but theyre not going to make any type of defensive stands.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    I saw them go to the BCS last year. It didn't work out so well.
    That's because my gators gave them the:

GO GATORS!!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

10. Could have had to do with losing their head coach that had built their program from nothing after he told them he'd be there for them and then stabbed them in the back.
    •   

11. Whew I hope Michigan can get their sh*t together. I don't think I can take another -500 season.

12. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Could have had to do with losing their head coach that had built their program from nothing after he told them he'd be there for them and then stabbed them in the back.
    Welcome to big time college football.

13. Yea Kelly leaving was a bad call on his part, I dont see why he couldnt have worked out the deal with Notre Dame, coached the game, then left after. What does he or Notre Dame lose if he coaches the game?

14. Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    Yea Kelly leaving was a bad call on his part, I dont see why he couldnt have worked out the deal with Notre Dame, coached the game, then left after. What does he or Notre Dame lose if he coaches the game?
    Because the Bearcats had zero chance of not being embarrassed by Florida, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They gave up 45 points to UConn, 36 to Illinois, and 44 to Pitt... and there was no way they were gonna score seven TDs against an SEC defense in Tebow's last hurrah.

I don't think what Kelly did was ethical, but the above had a lot to do with it. The Irish wanted a "winner"... not someone who just got blown out by the team whose coach they really wanted to begin with. As for Notre Dame, the fact that Kelly brought his Cincinnati DC with him should be cause for concern. Anyone who watched the Irish last season knows painfully well how horrible ND's defense was. Granted, Kelly and his DC will have better athletes to work with relative to Cincinnati, so time will tell.
    RTR.

15. Quote Originally Posted by b0z View Post
    Whew I hope Michigan can get their sh*t together. I don't think I can take another -500 season.
    Clonazepam and Guinness will help a lot until Big Blue can lure Miles or Harbaugh back to Ann Arbor. Until then...
    RTR.

16. Quote Originally Posted by b0z View Post
    Whew I hope Michigan can get their sh*t together. I don't think I can take another -500 season.
    Appalachian State broke the back of Michigan. They werent the same program since. Thanks Lloyd

17. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Clonazepam and Guinness will help a lot until Big Blue can lure Miles or Harbaugh back to Ann Arbor. Until then...
    They helped me cope with the "Joe must go" era...2000-2004

18. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    Welcome to big time college football.
    No excuse. Coaches should finish the season and shouldnt lie to their teams.

19. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    No excuse. Coaches should finish the season and shouldnt lie to their teams.
    You dont see this crap in the big 10!!!! do ya?

20. Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    You dont see this crap in the big 10!!!! do ya?
    Nope... because no other programs want your coaches.
    RTR.

21. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Could have had to do with losing their head coach that had built their program from nothing after he told them he'd be there for them and then stabbed them in the back.
    We've been through this already; it's called an excuse, nothing more. It's convenient to have an excuse every time something doesn't go your way. Life's a real bitch sometimes, but the good teams find ways to win in the face of adversity. You can try to rationalize it anyway you want, but the vivid reality is still the same.

Whether he was there or not for that game, Florida still would have trounced them either way......and they did.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

22. hahaha I love this thread. The smack talk has already begun. GO BUCKS!

23. Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    hahaha I love this thread. The smack talk has already begun. GO BUCKS!
    Oh god, look who decided to show up
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

24. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Oh god, look who decided to show up
    Wouldn't miss this for the world bro. The is just too much fun

25. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    We've been through this already; it's called an excuse, nothing more. It's convenient to have an excuse every time something doesn't go your way. Life's a real bitch sometimes, but the good teams find ways to win in the face of adversity. You can try to rationalize it anyway you want, but the vivid reality is still the same.

Whether he was there or not for that game, Florida still would have trounced them either way......and they did.
    You keep telling yourself that. After watching Utah slap Bama around, I wouldnt doubt any motivated up and coming program like that.

26. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    You keep telling yourself that. After watching Utah slap Bama around, I wouldnt doubt any motivated up and coming program like that.
    I'd tend to agree with you if we were talking about TCU or Boise State... but Cincinnati didn't play defense before or after Kelly left. The BCS/Sugar Bowl should've paired either of the aforementioned teams against the Gators if they cared at all about a legitimate match-up.

(And you're right - Utah absolutely slapped Bama around a year ago. But I know this: As upsetting and embarrassing as it was to watch at the time, that game had a lot to do with Alabama winning the NC this past season.)
    RTR.

27. Just found out that h0other has the swine flu. So, everyone please keep that War Eagle sh#thead in your thoughts/prayers and will him toward a speedy recovery.

Get well, hater.
    RTR.

28. Thanks bud. This stuff is no joke. I got so bored from sitting on this couch for the past 3 days straight that I decided to look on here. Appreciate the kind comment.

29. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Thanks bud. This stuff is no joke. I got so bored from sitting on this couch for the past 3 days straight that I decided to look on here. Appreciate the kind comment.
    I imagine it must suck. What's the prognosis? How long before you're back to championship bowling form? Hope it's soon, dude. Rest up.
    RTR.

30. Swine flu is relatively tame honestly...compared to the media hype at least.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2009 College Football Season
    By OldGator in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2751
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  2. College Football 2008 season
    By Trauma1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1563
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 12:12 AM
  3. Football Off season log
    By pavb10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29