26 Time World Series Champion New York Yankees - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

26 Time World Series Champion New York Yankees

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
  1. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I figured angry philly fans would use the payroll. So predictable
    Being a Yankee fan is easy. Try walking in our shoes for 30 years. You'll find out how tough it is.

What I never understood was why Yankees fans are so angry? Spoiled?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

hey, I was a yankee fan in the 80's. Nothing was easy about that. Kevin Maas was out future for gods sake
    Dont forget those thrilling pitchers Wade Taylor and Jeff Johnson
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

hey, I was a yankee fan in the 80's. Nothing was easy about that. Kevin Maas was out future for gods sake
    Dont forget those thrilling pitchers Wade Taylor and Jeff Johnson
    My team has lost more games than any franchise in professional history. Don't even try to compare!!!!

"Don't forget who you are talking to my friend, nobody is a bigger idiot than me"

George Costanza
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

that is a fair point. But there is nothing easy with the Yankees
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Compared to everyone else, its a cake walk!!!!

The offseason is actually fun!

Team Payroll (US$)
    1. NY Yankees 208,097,414
    2. NY Mets 145,367,987
    3. Chicago Cubs 134,058,500
    4. Boston 122,435,399
    5. Detroit 119,160,145
    6. LA Angels 118,964,000
    7. Seattle 112,053,666
    8. Philadelphia 111,209,046
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Exactly. It may be more fun to beat them in their own house. Phillies fans suck worse than Boston fans (love ya, Jon!) and I'd love to see them clap their inflatable dildos and wave their cum rags at THAT!

Hi HATERZ!
    Ha! I certainly don't have any love for the Phils, but you know I straight up loathe the damn Yank-me's.

"Rays fans" also top my list of bandwagon douchebag fans. Even though Boston looked like dogsh*t in the playoffs, I'm proudly wearing my Sox gear! ; meanwhile the "Rays fans" went back into their reclusive state here in Tampa as usual. They're PATHETIC!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Baseball SHOULD NOT go into November. Hell this year the WS started on the 28th of October.. that is just ridiculous.
    I couldn't agree more. I'm waiting for it to snow at a game.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Ha! I certainly don't have any love for the Phils, but you know I straight up loathe the damn Yank-me's.

"Rays fans" also top my list of bandwagon douchebag fans. Even though Boston looked like dogsh*t in the playoffs, I'm proudly wearing my Sox gear! ; meanwhile the "Rays fans" went back into their reclusive state here in Tampa as usual. They're PATHETIC!
    Thats because they aren't real fans. I saw them leaving the World Series last year in the 8th inning to beat traffic. Its the WORLD SERIES!!!!

Then OTOH you have the guy that called Joe Benigno on WFAN stating the Yankees deserve it because its been "so long".

Both sides delusional
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post

But we found some common ground on hating the Phils! It's a start!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
    My team has lost more games than any franchise in professional history. Don't even try to compare!!!!

"Don't forget who you are talking to my friend, nobody is a bigger idiot than me"

George Costanza
    Understood.
  10. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
    Compared to everyone else, its a cake walk!!!!

The offseason is actually fun!

Team Payroll (US$)
    1. NY Yankees 208,097,414
    2. NY Mets 145,367,987
    3. Chicago Cubs 134,058,500
    4. Boston 122,435,399
    5. Detroit 119,160,145
    6. LA Angels 118,964,000
    7. Seattle 112,053,666
    8. Philadelphia 111,209,046
    don't think its a walk in the park...look at other sports like in football...jets or oakland are in top 5 for the highest payroll...anything but a walk in the park for them cats...they don't have synergy and yanks have synergy, during the reg season they looked like kids playing little league..they were having fun...
  11. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

But we found some common ground on hating the Phils! It's a start!

Common ground with Boston? I have to question whether you are a true Yankee fan.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

I wouldn't be supprised if the yankees were cel's favorite customers,... steroid monkeys!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogz View Post
    don't think its a walk in the park...look at other sports like in football...jets or oakland are in top 5 for the highest payroll...anything but a walk in the park for them cats...they don't have synergy and yanks have synergy, during the reg season they looked like kids playing little league..they were having fun...
    Synergy my ass. The one sport you can buy a shot at the pennant or World Series is baseball by signing good pitchers. Pitching wins World Series. Always has, always will.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Common ground with Boston? I have to question whether you are a true Yankee fan.
    OMG! You're right! That Trauma1 is just so friggin' charming, though.
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

OMG! You're right! That Trauma1 is just so friggin' charming, though.
    Well, you guys are the brightest of the bunch...

zing!
  16. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

When AJ Burnette who is certifiable looks like Bob Gibson in Game 2, the baseball gods aren't on your side. Its all about the baseball gods!

But who knows.....repeating is tougher than winning the first time.
    Uhhhh...The Yankees know!?! 3peat!
  17. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Being a Yankee fan is easy. Try walking in our shoes for 30 years. You'll find out how tough it is.
    You had shoes?

What I never understood was why Yankees fans are so angry? Spoiled?
    **** you. I'm not angry.
  18. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post

Uhhhh...The Yankees know!?! 3peat!
    Yeah, you had great synergy

19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Growing up, I was a HUGE baseball fan, and I LOVED Saturday afternoon baseball. But as I grew older, I realized that there was a major problem with baseball....a lack of a SALARY CAP. The two words that breath fear into ANY Yankees fan. Face it Yankees fans....if there was a salary cap in baseball, your team would be forced to live by the draft, and could no longer ravage the up and coming teams, alllowing you to buy yet another WS title. This is the reason why I cannot stand baseball anymore. The NFL has it right....when Green Bay, the smallest market team of ANY teams, which includes the NFL, NBA, and MLS, can compete.....it just shows that the salary cap works.....Until then, the World Series will continue to be a scam....and the title will be tainted....who are you going to buy next year when CC Sebathia SUCKS????? Which up and coming prospect will you buy for draft pics???? Bud Selig SWEARS that there is no need for a salary cap, but we all know that he is COMPLETELY wrong.....the Reds, Orioles, Senators, Padres, Pirates, Twins, Mariners, etc.....no longer can compete.

Congress.....it is time to step in and REMOVE BUD SELIG as commissioner....I just wonder how much the Yankees are paying him to prevent the salary cap
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Growing up, I was a HUGE baseball fan, and I LOVED Saturday afternoon baseball. But as I grew older, I realized that there was a major problem with baseball....a lack of a SALARY CAP. The two words that breath fear into ANY Yankees fan. Face it Yankees fans....if there was a salary cap in baseball, your team would be forced to live by the draft, and could no longer ravage the up and coming teams, alllowing you to buy yet another WS title. This is the reason why I cannot stand baseball anymore. The NFL has it right....when Green Bay, the smallest market team of ANY teams, which includes the NFL, NBA, and MLS, can compete.....it just shows that the salary cap works.....Until then, the World Series will continue to be a scam....and the title will be tainted....who are you going to buy next year when CC Sebathia SUCKS????? Which up and coming prospect will you buy for draft pics???? Bud Selig SWEARS that there is no need for a salary cap, but we all know that he is COMPLETELY wrong.....the Reds, Orioles, Senators, Padres, Pirates, Twins, Mariners, etc.....no longer can compete.

Congress.....it is time to step in and REMOVE BUD SELIG as commissioner....I just wonder how much the Yankees are paying him to prevent the salary cap

**** just got real...

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Why do you hate America?
  22. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wait... what? Where have you been living.. Bud Selig is a STRONG proponent of the salary cap. The reason it isnt implemented or even possible is the players union contract from the last strike. That contract expires 2011 if I remember correctly. This whole money thing is all because of the players union. I say implement the salary cap, or at least remove the bottom 4 to 5 teams... since they are only farm systems for the major market teams.

Check out MoneyBall
    The Historic PES Legend
  23. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Wait... what? Where have you been living.. Bud Selig is a STRONG proponent of the salary cap. The reason it isnt implemented or even possible is the players union contract from the last strike. That contract expires 2011 if I remember correctly. This whole money thing is all because of the players union. I say implement the salary cap, or at least remove the bottom 4 to 5 teams... since they are only farm systems for the major market teams.
    That is if you believe what Selig says. He changes his tune each week.

The Yankees
    Stark: On the other hand, the Yankees have spent nearly half a billion dollars on three free agents. So the kind of talk you hear these days from owners is: "The Yankees are bad for baseball we need a salary cap." It sounds a lot like the talk you heard 10 years ago. Do you think the Yankees' actions this winter represent a serious problem for the sport?

Selig: I'm not going to comment on individual clubs. I haven't in the past, and I won't now. Every club has to do what they have to do, and I'm very comfortable saying that. I'm proud of the system we have. I think we've had more competitive balance than we've ever had. And we have labor peace now through 2011. So I'll continue to watch what happens in the system and make my judgments at the appropriate time.

Stark: Well, taking the Yankees out of it, are you concerned that some teams can't afford to pay their star players or keep their players, to the point where you would need some sort of salary cap?

Selig: I'm not going to make that kind of judgment. The fact of the matter is, we've had, up till now, more competitive balance than we've ever had. So I want to continue to watch things. And I'll make very strong judgments, but at the appropriate time. And now is not the appropriate time.
  24. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That is if you believe what Selig says. He changes his tune each week.

The Yankees
    Stark: On the other hand, the Yankees have spent nearly half a billion dollars on three free agents. So the kind of talk you hear these days from owners is: "The Yankees are bad for baseball we need a salary cap." It sounds a lot like the talk you heard 10 years ago. Do you think the Yankees' actions this winter represent a serious problem for the sport?

Selig: I'm not going to comment on individual clubs. I haven't in the past, and I won't now. Every club has to do what they have to do, and I'm very comfortable saying that. I'm proud of the system we have. I think we've had more competitive balance than we've ever had. And we have labor peace now through 2011. So I'll continue to watch what happens in the system and make my judgments at the appropriate time.

Stark: Well, taking the Yankees out of it, are you concerned that some teams can't afford to pay their star players or keep their players, to the point where you would need some sort of salary cap?

Selig: I'm not going to make that kind of judgment. The fact of the matter is, we've had, up till now, more competitive balance than we've ever had. So I want to continue to watch things. And I'll make very strong judgments, but at the appropriate time. And now is not the appropriate time.
    God I hate stark. Either way, for the most part Selig has been a proponent of a salary cap. Although you can't anger the baseball Gods (Or in this case it is the players union). Baseball players are paid a ridiculous amount for what they do, and it only transfers to much more expensive ticket prices in the long run... hurting the fans. I am a fan of a mid market team that is for the most part competitive year in and year out... why other markets cannot do the same thing is beyond me.

Get rid of the bottom dwelling teams that are farms for the top 3.
    The Historic PES Legend
  25. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Baseball players are paid a ridiculous amount for what they do, and it only transfers to much more expensive ticket prices in the long run... hurting the fans.
    You can hear crickets in Yankee Stadium during the World Series. Even Fox mentioned how quiet it was.

by Ken Rosenthal
    Ken Rosenthal has been the senior baseball writer for FOXSports.com since Aug. 2005. He appears weekly on the FSN Baseball Report and MLB on FOX.

NEW YORK - As a native New Yorker, I never thought I'd say this, but here goes:

Thank goodness the World Series is leaving New York so we can get a little atmosphere.

"Our ballpark is so loud and rowdy, I was really expecting some of that here," Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins said. "It was very tame and civil."

Rollins flashed that devilish smile of his, the one that all but says, "Put it on the back page."

From mystique and aura to tame and civil.

What has the Bronx come to?

"Expensive tickets running loud people out," Rollins said, referring to the high prices at the new Yankee Stadium.

OK, Jimmy, but does it feel like more of a World Series than last year, when the Phillies faced the Rays?

"When we get to Philly it will," Rollins said, flashing that smile again.

Normally I do not write about fans, or buy into the notion that one city's are better than another's. Passion is passion, and passion is what makes sports so much fun.

Still, we are headed toward perhaps the best World Series since 2002, raising the question of whether the new Yankee Stadium will be awake for Games 6 and 7. At least one of those games figures to be necessary, for neither team is likely to sweep the three in Philly.

Is it too late to reopen the old Yankee Stadium one more time?

Pedro Martinez was in the house Thursday night — Pedro Martinez, the old Boston devil. The crowd of 50,181 mustered a few spontaneous, "Who's your daddy?" chants. But more often than not, the fans needed a prompt from the stadium organ to get going.

Of course, the gloriously sensitive Pedro identified one fan spewing "all kinds of nasty stuff" while holding his daughter on one arm and a cup of beer in his other hand.

The guy, if not an outright plant, certainly was an exception.

Yankees right-hander A.J. Burnett pitched the game of his life, striking out nine, allowing only one run. The old stadium would have been rocking each time he reached two strikes. The new stadium barely registered acknowledgment.

I asked the three Phillies outfielders in Game 1 — Ben Francisco, Shane Victorino and Jayson Werth — if they had heard any abuse from the fans.

"Crickets," one of the outfielders said, and I don't even know why I am granting him anonymity; it's not like revealing his identity would put him in any danger.

The "Bleacher Creatures" at the old stadium had a special vulgar song just for former Red Sox right fielder Trot Nixon. Nothing like that at the new place — though I guess it is conceivable that "The Creatures" might compose a nasty little sonnet for Werth before Games 6 and 7.

None of this, it should be noted, seems to affect the Yankees. Their 57-24 record at home was the best in the majors during the regular season. They were 31-8 at home after the All-Star break. And they are 6-1 at home in the postseason.

Still, the new stadium just isn't as lively as the old — or for that matter, as lively as Citizens Bank Park, which opened in 2004 but is the rare new stadium that is more electric than the one it replaced.

The Phillies actually had a better record on the road than at home in the regular season, but they're 11-1 at home during the past two postseasons. I'm not going to try to quantify the effect of a boisterous home crowd; there almost certainly is none. All I'm saying is that games in Philly are a blast — the way games at the old Yankee Stadium used to be.

This World Series, as we already have seen, will be full of drama. Cliff Lee's mastery in Game 1. Martinez vs. Burnett and a two-inning save from Mariano Rivera in Game 2. An 0-for-8, six-strikeout start by Alex Rodriguez. The usual blown calls by the umps. The usual questionable moves by both managers.

A seven-game Series would be a breakthrough for the sport. As much fun as it was to see the upstart Rays in last year's event, the Phillies and Yankees just make the whole thing seem bigger, even if the volume at the new Yankee Stadium is turned down.

"It actually feels like a World Series," Phillies left-hander Cole Hamels said when I asked him to compare the atmosphere to last year's.

Hamels went on to say that the Tampa Bay area was not a "World Series-type city" and that the entire experience lacked "the type of flair" one would expect from the sport's championship event.

"I grew up watching the Braves and Yankees," Hamels said. "They were big cities. They had big players. They had the attention. They were always on TV. They were teams you grew accustomed to, teams you wanted to see.

"We've been able to do that. Unfortunately, Tampa Bay doesn't draw the attention you want. You can't take anything away from their players. They had no choice. They had to go there. They're very talented, and they'll be playing a long time. But there is something about Yankee Stadium, about New York, the attention you get. It really makes it feel like a World Series."

Well, not quite.

Hamels, 25, never played in the old Yankee Stadium, so he cannot grasp the difference.

Tame and civil is no match for mystique and aura.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

the problem in the bronx right now is the stadium has gone corporate.

However, tomorrow night it will not matter
  27. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

the problem in the bronx right now is the stadium has gone corporate.

However, tomorrow night it will not matter
    You're so modest.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

we gotta be confident
  29. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

we gotta be confident
    Oh...is that what you are calling it...
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Oh...is that what you are calling it...
    totally, hell we all believe in our teams, yankee fans are no different than anyone else......
  31. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

yankee fans are no different than anyone else......
    oooooook......

26 Time World Series Champion New York Yankees

Yep...no different.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

we are no different. the yanks have one 26 and are 27 outs away from 27. that doesnt change anything about me as a fan
  33. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

The rest of the nation probably would disagree....but hey, if you call it confidence and are comfortable with that, go for it....

Red Sox 2009

Confidence
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

not seeing the connection to me in that thread. Some fans on all sides act like a$$holes, regardless of their affiliations
  35. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I'm not saying you..I said Yankee fans. You said "we" therefore I address it as "all". If you ask around the country I think the conclusion would probably be that Yankee fans are the most arrogant and ****y fans in existence...even when your team is terrible. The mere existence of this thread "26 Time World Series Champion New York Yankees" created in August shows it. You are the Dallas Cowboy fans of Baseball. You don't need to talk, yet you still do....

You gave the Phillies, who are the WSC, no respect and no chance...until after Game One. If you actually think you are no different than everyone else, you are living in that Yankee World in which everyone thinks baseball revolves around the Bronx.
  36. Board Sponsor

I'm not saying you..I said Yankee fans. You said "we" therefore I address it as "all". If you ask around the country I think the conclusion would probably be that Yankee fans are the most arrogant and ****y fans in existence...even when your team is terrible. The mere existence of this thread "26 Time World Series Champion New York Yankees" created in August shows it. You are the Dallas Cowboy fans of Baseball. You don't need to talk, yet you still do....

You gave the Phillies, who are the WSC, no respect and no chance...until after Game One. If you actually think you are no different than everyone else, you are living in that Yankee World in which everyone thinks baseball revolves around the Bronx.
    Well DUH... that is because it revolves around ST. LOUIS!
    The Historic PES Legend
  37. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Well DUH... that is because it revolves around ST. LOUIS!
    Oh yeah....I forgot!
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

In all honesty, the ratings for this world series show that in essence baseball does revolve around the bronx. Compare it to last year, where the Phillies beat the Rays, and take a look at it this year against the Yankees. It is no comparison.

Yankee fans arent different, they just support a team that has won a WS(on average) once every 4 years.

In terms of the response to the Phillies, I live in a philly burb, and on their media outlets (tv, radio, etc...) I have never heard a team with 103 wins totally discounted. It was hilarious. Hell, event he starting shortstop for the champs said 6 games if we are generous. Man, that arrogant yankee prick
  39. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

In all honesty, the ratings for this world series show that in essence baseball does revolve around the bronx. Compare it to last year, where the Phillies beat the Rays, and take a look at it this year against the Yankees. It is no comparison.
    Exactly my point. You actually think it means the world revolves around the Yankees instead of actually looking at the populations of the two cities involved compared to last year. Of course ratings are higher, you have the team that represents the biggest city in the country in it!!!!! You have more people..you have more fans...you have more people following it....it doesn't mean the world revolves around you but thank you for proving my point.

Yankee fans arent different, they just support a team that has won a WS(on average) once every 4 years.
    And that in turn does make you different and your attitude, and denial, show it.

"show that in essence baseball does revolve around the bronx."

How arrogant can you get? This is the reason most people think your fanbase are nothing but arrogant pricks.

In terms of the response to the Phillies, I live in a philly burb, and on their media outlets (tv, radio, etc...) I have never heard a team with 103 wins totally discounted. It was hilarious. Hell, event he starting shortstop for the champs said 6 games if we are generous. Man, that arrogant yankee prick

Try living there your whole life there. Three years out of the 36 I have lived they have won a championship...and 2 out of 3 I was 10 or younger.... and every year other then those three they never gave the team a chance...whether it was Mitch Williams blowing it in 93 to Mcnaab puking in 2004 on the field to getting crushed by Kobe and Shaq in 2001. Philly fans for the most point are paranoid of losing...AGAIN. For you to actually take one year and apply it towards the entire history and attitude of a fanbase shows how you don't understand anything outside of your Yankee world. You have the homers who will always pick them but for the most part Philly fans have this little man in the back of their head telling them they are going o blow it AGAIN. When you lose 10,000 times, you aren't arrogant. You are still riding a high from last year.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I have to disagree about the arrogance of Philly fans. I have had people come up to my 6.5 year old daughter wearing her Derek Jeter shirt telling her they planned to burn it. She is 6 1/2 for gods sake.

The Philly media believed their own hype (and NY does too btw). On one station I heard "there is nothing the Yankees have to offer to this series". You want to be paranoid of losing, thats fine, however it clouds their judgement and by definition it is arrogance.

My point about the ratings is this: the Yankees are kind of like Howard Stern (big fan btw) whether you like him or not, people want to see what he does. Same with the yankees.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2010 New York Yankees
    By Fastone in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 10:01 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 04:49 PM
  3. 2008 New York Yankees
    By Chad in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 03:34 PM
  4. The 2007 World Series Champion Cubs!!!
    By johnz in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 10:08 PM