• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
glad to see Andy still starting. it was the right move

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
My hands are allready getting sweaty!!! I can't effing wait! LETS WRAP IT UP TONIGHT FELLAS!!!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i'm so glad that i have a place of employment that allows me to wear what i want....shirt and hat. what color? yankee f***ing blue. let the haters hate but remember one thing, the yankees only exist to do one thing.....WIN

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
1. Go Phillies.

2. For all of you Yankee fans, since the draft was implemented, the dominance of the pre-1970's Yankees was mainly due to the fact that it was an open market. After all, if you're Mickey Mantle and from Texas, what is more appealing, going to Cincinnati or St Louis or Milwaukee.......or going to NY City and playing for the Yanks? Plus, then, as now, the Yanks had more $$ to spend. I'm not bashing on NYY legacy, just saying that if you look at the history of it BEFORE there was a draft (to even things out), it explains why you guys were so dominant in the 20's - 60's. Of course, the runs from the 90's still happened, and that was due to your farm system. Great drafting in the late 80's and early 90's propelled that. Now - its 90% free agent based. I saw the quote this morning somewhere - "Finally, after more than $1 Billion spent, Yanks back in the World Series." WOW - puts it in perspective.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
1. Go Phillies.

2. For all of you Yankee fans, since the draft was implemented, the dominance of the pre-1970's Yankees was mainly due to the fact that it was an open market. After all, if you're Mickey Mantle and from Texas, what is more appealing, going to Cincinnati or St Louis or Milwaukee.......or going to NY City and playing for the Yanks? Plus, then, as now, the Yanks had more $$ to spend. I'm not bashing on NYY legacy, just saying that if you look at the history of it BEFORE there was a draft (to even things out), it explains why you guys were so dominant in the 20's - 60's. Of course, the runs from the 90's still happened, and that was due to your farm system. Great drafting in the late 80's and early 90's propelled that. Now - its 90% free agent based. I saw the quote this morning somewhere - "Finally, after more than $1 Billion spent, Yanks back in the World Series." WOW - puts it in perspective.

None of that matters, other teams had the opportunities to get some of the players the Yankees got over the years and failed to make a all out effort. The fact is the Yankees are the American Dream, Success that bred Success. Btw, I'm glad we're playing the Phillies who are a great team with much of the same characteristics that the Yankees have. One way or another this series will be decided in Yankee Stadium in game 6 or 7

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta agree. This is no cake walk at all. I live in a philly burb, and people here are friggin nutty for their phils. If I had to guess, I say yanks in 6

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Our boys didn't have it tonight and got rocked. Let's see how they respond, I expect them to play like their hair is on fire tonight

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CC battled and did well. Hats off to Lee as he was dominant. I am excited to see the "Pedro" game however.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh how it pangs me to see the sadness on your faces............

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Phillies are the defending WSC and rightly so. Lee had an outstanding performance.

I look forward to facing Pedro 'tub-o-goo' Martinez in Game 2...for old times sake.

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
The Phillies are the defending WSC and rightly so. Lee had an outstanding performance.

I look forward to facing Pedro 'tub-o-goo' Martinez in Game 2...for old times sake.
Cliff Lee was on last night...everything went his way.... :irked:

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
Thats what happens when you have vast amounts of talent. He made it go his way, not by chance.
Tru indeed, not takin away from his talent cuz he's a great pitcher...but it was just gettin to me on how nonchalant he looked/was on the mound...lol...yanks couldn't touch him...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tru indeed, not takin away from his talent cuz he's a great pitcher...but it was just gettin to me on how nonchalant he looked/was on the mound...lol...yanks couldn't touch him...
The body language by the yanks just wasnt there... ARod returned to his natural post season self. They need to make the next game happen, cause you cannot beat Philly in Philly.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in all honesty, if the yanks win tonight (which I think they will) they will need to take 2 of 3 in philly IMO. Not impossible with Pettite v. Hamel in 3 and CC v. ? in 4

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
yeah mang...thought that arod would keep the rhythm going but just looked horrible like most others at the plate expect jeter who had half of the yanks' hits...gonna be tough going back to philly with one win (better win tonght) under the belt...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The World Champs looked like.....World Champs.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They may not be who we thought they were.:eek:uttahere:

The Phillies? Yeah..people didn't understand they won the World Series for a reason. They are really fu**** good. :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the Pettitte matchup and if the Yanks win it will be CC/Lee again. However, Lee hasnt pitched on 3 days rest, so it could be interesting

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the Pettitte matchup and if the Yanks win it will be CC/Lee again. However, Lee hasnt pitched on 3 days rest, so it could be interesting
But with Cliff Lee's outing being called the best post season outing since Bob Gibson (Arguably the best pitcher in baseball history)... I would be a little scared of that match up again.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But with Cliff Lee's outing being called the best post season outing since Bob Gibson (Arguably the best pitcher in baseball history)... I would be a little scared of that match up again.
Oh no doubt be aware, but certainly not afraid. I am curious how he will recover on 3 days rest.

I personally dont think Hamels will do that well, he has been roughed up in the post season thus far

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh no doubt be aware, but certainly not afraid. I am curious how he will recover on 3 days rest.

I personally dont think Hamels will do that well, he has been roughed up in the post season thus far
I have always thought Hamels was overrated anyway.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
In their house.........8 to 5, nice. on to tonight.........

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 to 1 with CC v. Blanton. Could be interesting. Blantns era v. The Yanks is over 8.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think after last night, the yanks are back to who they are, the deciding factor was the home run by Arod.. Which was clearly a home run. Why they would have a dam camera hanging over the outfield wall is beyond me..

Our boy Swisher! hahaha, no need to say anything else...

I think CC is locked in for tonight..I.E redemtion:D... tonight will tell the fate of the world series:thumbsup:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Playing with "House Money", a win tonight could be the final nail. At the very least we leave there 3-2.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok 1 more to go, then its on to the parade. Good thing is no real pressure on AJ, win and great otherwise Pettite to finish in 6.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about damon last night! I laughed when they put the shift on against tex, and damon stole two bases at once:lol:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lets hope for a good AJ tonight, and hopefully a little celebrating in Philly

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
A much as I would like to see them win it in Yankee Stadium, Let's get it over tonight:twak::cheers:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed, finish the business now. Dont let any momentum swing

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. It may be more fun to beat them in their own house. Phillies fans suck worse than Boston fans (love ya, Jon!) and I'd love to see them clap their inflatable dildos and wave their cum rags at THAT!

Hi HATERZ!

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. It may be more fun to beat them in their own house. Phillies fans suck worse than Boston fans (love ya, Jon!) and I'd love to see them clap their inflatable dildos and wave their cum rags at THAT!

Hi HATERZ!
nice :laughing: