pro xanthine log (sponsored) from chefbo

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
new and old 238.JPG
new and old 240.JPG
new and old 241.JPG

alright here we go for tomorrow. i am going to do my damnest to stay on track and not get hurt and give this a great run. i will be doing a two day spilt for the next four weeks, eating clean low carbs high protein running around 2500 if at all possible give or take .
supplementation is -whey protein, dhea , preworkout nitric oxide, liv 52 and hawthrone berry. Pure test 6 ed .
1 gallon water a day. cardio will be upped from just about nothing so anything will be an adage .

measurements are as follows
neck 17.5
chest 45
arms 14
waist above the belly button 40
hips 43
thighs 25
calves 14.5

really gonna put my all into this and see what i can achieve. switched gyms to the larger ymca in my town with more equipment so i can change things up weekly to shock the muscles.going to concentrate on compound movements for lower rep workouts one week then go to isolation (hammer strength machines 0 for high rep the next this will give me two weeks each and will keep on this even after the run to see what will happen. wish this old fugger luck boys i am gonna need it.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. Ready for some shredding!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
ok boys first workout down
changed things up and am doing them in the wee hours of the am 5:30. I have never trained this early so I didn't know what to expect.
went really well but did have some shoulder pain from sleeping last night. I have been having the chiro look and work on it because I get a lot of discomfort from sleeping on it during the night.

weight starting 185.5

here is what went down.
hammer strength iso lateral bench press 90 for 8 x 2 and 110 for 8 @ 1
hammer strength lateral press 90 for 8 @2 and 70@ 10 for 2
incline bench 135 for 3 sets of 10
flat bench dumbbells 50 for 3 of 8
cable flyes 3 sets of 8 @ 45 each arm, 40 each , 35

machine dips 3 sets of 90
tricep pushdown 3 sets fof 8 at 75, 80, 85
reverse rope extensions 3 sets same as above
dumbbell kickbacks 25 for 3 sets of 10
dumbbell skullcrushers 30's at 3 sets of 10

no cardio today because I had to get to work I will redo my time since it took me longer to get to the y than I though. overall I thought it was a good workout. took my pro xanthine before I left eh house with my coffee. no preworkout, wanted to see the effects of the pro x first.
whey and a banana right after I finished on my way to work and now for breakfast , 4 egg whites , oatmeal and cherry limeade. next meal at 10 am
should be either turkey on whole wheat or tuna with an apple. feel really good today except for the shoulder but that's tells me I am alive ! old fuggers doing stuff gotta love it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
feel really good today except for the shoulder but that's tells me I am alive ! old fuggers doing stuff gotta love it.
i love that mature mentality :D
good session bo

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This should be a good one, primed for change he is...

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
feeling a little bp pain today it was up yesterday not to bad but bad enough to warrant another pill. I am gonna up my hawthorne dose to maybe get by this. I am not sure if it is the pro x but I am keeping a close eye on it. Just food for thought for people who have bp issues. heading out after work and gonna do back and bis. I'll check in tonight with an update on how it went.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
feeling a little bp pain today it was up yesterday not to bad but bad enough to warrant another pill. I am gonna up my hawthorne dose to maybe get by this. I am not sure if it is the pro x but I am keeping a close eye on it. Just food for thought for people who have bp issues. heading out after work and gonna do back and bis. I'll check in tonight with an update on how it went.
Shouldn't be a big issue on the new stuff, I know there might be some mild issues with DMAA but this should be milder still.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
alrighty then blasted through a hard back and bicep workout. went a little to strong on the old back and may have pushed it a bit to far we will see. i just get so caught up in the workout i lose sight of keeping my **** together and watching it. but anyway here it is in a nutshell...

machine rows 3 sets 8-10 reps
lat pulldowns
110,120,130 same rep range and sets
hyperextensions on machine 3 of 10
t bar rows 3 at 10
90, 70, 50
close grip pulldown to failure 3 @ 10

bicep preacher curl 3 @10
45, 65,75
spider curl
75, 65, 45 to failure on last set
alternate seated dumbell curls
30 3@10
hammer curl 3 sets to failure 30,20, 20 (lbs)
arms were toast could barely even put my earplugs back in when one fell out. Damn!
back is all geeked up though had to go to my daughters softball game and coach pitch afterward but had my epi unit to shock the muscles through the game so it made it easier. now ice and rest.
diet is going good around 2000 today really cutting back on the carbs to see what happens . i will do another set of pics sunday to see where we are at. Rest day tomorrow completely and then on to legs on thursday. good night goood friends i hope everyones logs are going as good as mine. Stay true and stay strong Bo out!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Killer workout. Way to get some extra activity in from some pitching too. Those extra few minutes of activity make a world of differance in fat loss.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
back is aching pretty bad today but I am gonna suck it up because it was me who did it. but on the other hand I am very tight in the spots I was hoping to get hit (lats, traps, delts , chest and arms all are sore ) that means I am doing something right. I saw this kid with his mom working out doing rows and I wanted so bad to step in and give him a critique but I hate to do that to people I don't know and come off like as ass, but they need to learn the right way to start or they are just wasting time. I am new at this place and I just keep to myself finish my workout and get the hell out. I am not there to make friends or to carry on conversations, I am there to train end of story. I saw one dude come in the other day and he was in pretty good shape but he did one set of dumbbell chest presses and walked around the rest of the time I was there (which was 45 minutes ) talking to all the older ladies working out with a cup of coffee. Like he was cruising them! these are the same people who take up machines by just hanging on them for 40 minutes while we are trying to get things done! Enough of the ranting from me, i'll be on legs tomorrow so I will check in again. feeling really good on the pro x kind of a little jitter but a good kind. keep pushing brothers we have only just begun!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Nah ill never interrupt just to correct people. Just because I know how much I hate it, the only times people "corrected" me they were both really wrong. Let em learn the hard way, as for you, keep doing your thing!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah ill never interrupt just to correct people. Just because I know how much I hate it, the only times people "corrected" me they were both really wrong. Let em learn the hard way, as for you, keep doing your thing!
Problem is, is that you can spend years doing things the wrong way and even if you are doing something right there is always a better way. Let me tell you something that is going to help you more with bodybuilding and for that matter every single aspect of your life. Be humble and listen to what others have to say especially if they no more than you do... you can start with this post :) I still learn new things all the time. Look at how closely I listen to Snags in my prep for instance. I have been doing this for a fug of a long time but I will come off my high horse to learn. That's how it's done, can't teach someone who already thinks they know... waste of time.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Gonna take an extra rest day today because my back is still seizing up pretty bad and it needs the rest. no reason to push the issue and get hurt . Try to do legs tomorrow if not I will get in shoulders. Saturday I will be able to do either one because I will have to take my son to Tae Kwoon do anyway. besides that everything is looking on track. need me some glutamine!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey dudes, I built this with humility :)

3.jpg
6.JPG

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
good advice dream. also looking lean brother you should smoke them at the show!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good advice dream. also looking lean brother you should smoke them at the show!
have to continue to lean out and do what I am told, you never know who's going to show up.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
didn't know if i needed to log these but irish is so i will put them down. got around 2000 calories today that is 500 below my maintenance during off season if there is such a thing for me. i guess anytime i am not trying to get beach ready is off season. i am not going to bore you with what i ate but i got a great amounto of protein from egg whites, turkey, cheese, whey and beef today. carbs where mostly wheat bread, bagel and flour tortillas for luncha and snacks. made some whey preacher cookies last night and they are curing the sweet tooth for me. if i can keep it at this for each day i will be in good shape.

i did get in a good shoulder workout this afternoon;

warm up seated shoulder press
then three sets of 10 -90-110,120

machine lateral raises
3 sets of 10

upright rows
3@10
75,90, 120

seated press (different grip and setup)
3@10
70, 90, 110

seated machine lateral raises (older machine)
3@10
70, 90, 110

bent over seated rear delt raises
3@10
20, 25,30 dumbbells

that did them in real good , didn't tighten the back up too much felt pretty good. taking tomorrow off and legs and calves saturday morning.

gonna try to work legs twice next week early monday and thursday because i have to work friday and saturday unless i go in early friday which is doable i guess since i am working late for the graduation at the college. gonna finish tonight with some good ab work, planks , obliques and crunches. have a good one everyone.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Yeahhh put them lift numbers up! Logging food and lifts has pushed my motivation all around. I see so many other loggers posting constant progress so hopefully I can do the same.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Food intake isn't manditory but if u do post it we have the opportunity to see what u are eating and possibly give advice on some choices. Could very well stop a weight loss plateu from happening in the future.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
The best thing you can do is put it all on the table and let the community give advice

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
slow & steady bo, work hard but smart
iirc, you've had more than one instance where you were knocked out of completing your log/goals due to injuries..
let's not have a repeat this time around :)

log looking clean and detailed, very nice

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
thanks for the advice guys. yeah snag i am watching everything very close on this one erally want to make it count. i am ataking another day off to et the back rest a little more. i'll get in legs tomorrow. i am gonna do another chest and arms right now at home though. i'll log the stats later.
today's menu included
two slices of wheat , 4 ounces beef patty and i egg white and coffee
mid morning snack 4 protein cookies and hand ful of almonds
lunch - turkey on wheat 2ounces, lettuce tomato and a banana 20 ouces powerade
midday protein shake 20 ounces two scoops of whey at 52 grams protein
dinner- 6 ounces chicken breast grilled, 1 cup brown rice, broccoli
night snack protein shake 12 ounces.
i'll total them on livestrong and post with workout stats.
off to lift.
still around 184 this week kinda wierd i haven't dropped any, hopefully next week something will happen.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
calories for today 1669
pro-176
carbs-113
fat-75

chest
dumbell fly-3@10 --35's
db flat press-3@10 --35, 45,50
incline machine press-3@10--75,85,95

arms
superset no rest between sets
3@10 each
skullcrushers-55
seated ez bar curl-55
alternate dumbell curl-35
long bar pushdowns-75

since i didn't get to make it to the y i am limited to work with what i have here at home which doesn't exhaust my muscle groups as well. but to me something is better than nothing. i am dissappointed at the wieght though, it could be that i haven't had the time to dedicate to cardio because of all the sickness that has been in my house this week with this virus that my wife and kiddo's had. but my diet has been on point pretty much . way lower than in the last six months while i was trying to put on weight. hopefully i'll see some change next week. i am not a fan of cardio because i usually train the HIIT method with limited rest periods supersetting mostly because of time constraints. but i like it that way i am not at the gym to bond or anything i am there to train and get the hell out. with the summer coming on and the students out of school i should be able to add cardio to my program. i do know it is beneficial to have it in a program i just usally don't have the time for it. hoipe everyone has a great rest of the weekend. i know i am going over to watch NASCAR with some friends tonight and yard work tomorrow. great job this week everyone logs are looking good. i hope mine are the same. later.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Yes they are, good to see you taking care of your body. Let the good ole back get some rest so you can tear it up later :) I'm not a fan of cardio either, seen much greater results from hiit. However, I've been doing it mainly to benefit my heart and to hopefully get some more endurance so while lifting maybe I can push myself harder! Nice update

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some added cardio would most defenitley do the trick. Simple 20mins of incline walking at a moderate pace after hitting the weights does wonders.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
try to get that in tomorrow before legs to warm them up. today was a rest day . rainiy and nasty so we just laid around. got my girl a new gloves for softball but that was about it. brought in 2100 calories today 119 pro, 78 fat 123 carbs. really good for staying nest to the fridge all day. got the family eating clean too. grilled chicken, creamed potatoes and corn for them. i had a grilled tuna sandwich with homemade pickles for mine. prok piccatta and brown rice for dinner tomorrow night. maybe tilapia or catfish for tuesday haven't decided yet. should get a good leg day in tomorrow and back to shoulders , traps and bis tuesday. good night all have a great day tomorrow and get them gains!!!!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
You got some nice meals going on there. All about dem gainz!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
dude isn't called chef for nothing :D
i will nitpick on the veggies (as i always seem to do) and say swap out the corn for green fibrous veggies....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude isn't called chef for nothing :D
i will nitpick on the veggies (as i always seem to do) and say swap out the corn for green fibrous veggies....
Yah corn is more of a starch, I don't count it as a vegtable.. I only eat it off the cob come fall and usually only a couple times a year...

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
the corn is just for the kids . i usually have green beans, broccoli or asparagus. i've been downing salads again since on this just forgot to include them in the post.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
now for today's workout and log.
legs -God almighty don't have anywhere to go after leg day. had to go to the supermarket to get meat for the week and everyone i ran into must have thought i was drunk. i could barely put one foot in front of the other. i crushed them.

5 minute treadmill warm up 3mph at 3.5 incline
leg press(lateral or linear) anyway not the usual one everyone has seems i can do less weight and get a bigger pump.
4 sets 10 200 warm up, 255, 275,295
leg extentions same as above 4@10 105, 145, 165,175
leg curls seated-4@10(except last one only got to 8) 105, 125,145,160
seated calf raises 3@15-100, 100, 125,125
standing calf raises 3@15 -150, 170,170,185
now i am shaking and was gonna try to do bis but no way! i was spent completely but i managed to stretch on some apparatus they had and it felt good. if i can walk tomorrow i will go for shoulders and triceps, traps.

i will log diet once i get it put together probably after dinner, spaghetti with deer meat sauce . i purchased , thighs, flatiron steaks , sirloin pork cutlets for the rest of the week. luckily since i run a college kitchen i can eat just about what i need to during the day at work egg whites , tuna , chicken and the like. we use whole grains , brown rice as our staples in the starch department for the athletes so i just eat like them . even at home i have the family eating kinda the same . my older daughter loves it too. she likes eating healthy as alot of up and coming teenagers do to watch their figure. set the right example and you eill benefit from it!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
caloric intake for today 1937
protein 161
fat 46
carbs 245
went a little over on the carbs today i'll trim them tomorrow to make up the difference for the week. i really want to stay around 200 if possible maybe a little less.
the whey has some good number in it it must have come from them and the pasta. also need to up my water intake some only got about 8 glasses in .

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout and food looks good. Like you said trim those carbs back a little bit the fat intake looks darn good.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
thanks for the critque thats what i need too know.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Tha Chef doing it big! I like your order guide as well, I'll letcha ship it on over to my house. Greeeaaaatttttt

As for the legs, the other day I was rendered useless after hitting legs. Small steps for me haha

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I would think the carbs and protein should be reversed maybe ...

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Yah I would think the carbs and protein should be reversed maybe ...
Yah I'm thinking of doing a carb loading run. I wished I would have thouht abput this last week.read an article with a sample cycle in it think I wil give it a whirl.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Yah I'm thinking of doing a carb loading run. I wished I would have thouht abput this last week.read an article with a sample cycle in it think I wil give it a whirl.
what do you mean, carb-loading run?
I will agree with DW here - you got the right product in PX, the goal is to drop some bf..
let's keep the protein high, carbs lowerish, and fats can even come up from the level you are at right now (make sure they are good fats tho)..just my .02 for you

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
yah that what i am saying in a nutshell. anyway in this article it is talking about what i assume is a carb load day like bodybuilders do before a show to shed more bodyfat. no food in the morning until around 10 then high protein no carbs or really low amount. fats will be keep high just like you are talking this will go for 10 days then right after the workout on the 1oth day load the same amount of carbs (180 grams) all at once so the body uses them immediately for fuel and doesn't store them. does this sound familiar to you guys ? do you think i should do it or just stay the course and lower my carbs really low.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
ok for todays log:
chest
flat bench warm up 85 2 sets 8
hammer strength iso lateral decline press 90,105,115
iso lateral incline press-90,105,115
incline press, 95, 115, 115
cable flyes-65, 75,85 @10 reps
seated db incline press-3@10 35, 40,40 failure
pec deck-3 sets ,10 reps, 75, 90,105
chest is really tight but feels good did some good stretching before i left the y and i will probably do foam rolling after we get home tonight from my daughters ball game. hope everyone had a great day and thanks again to everyone for all the pointers on the diet. i finally am starting to feel like my old self.

caloric intake for theday will be
protein 40%202 grams
carbs 24%-121 grams
fats 36% 78 grams

gonna get those carbs down to below 90 and that will be .5 per lb 1.25 protein should put me at 225 grams and stay right in the 75 range for fats.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
yah that what i am saying in a nutshell. anyway in this article it is talking about what i assume is a carb load day like bodybuilders do before a show to shed more bodyfat. no food in the morning until around 10 then high protein no carbs or really low amount. fats will be keep high just like you are talking this will go for 10 days then right after the workout on the 1oth day load the same amount of carbs (180 grams) all at once so the body uses them immediately for fuel and doesn't store them. does this sound familiar to you guys ? do you think i should do it or just stay the course and lower my carbs really low.
there are a lot of nonsensical articles out there bo..don't believe everything you read
(and only believe half of what you see) :D
anyway - the purpose of what bb'ers do before a show has nothing to do with shedding any bf, and everything to do with creating a temporary illusion to look their very best for a finite short duration..do not try to incorporate such shenanigans

as for the protocol you espouse above - I have never heard of such

your best bet is to stay the course; utilizing the recipe I advised above is gonna be your ticket
if you want to incorporate carb-cycling ie 200g one day, then 125g next day, then 75g day following, then repeat -- sure that is valid approach, but there is no sense trying to do all carbs or all fats or just protein etc etc or any other goofy swaying of the macros

common sense approach: sensible macros with clean foods (ie micros) in a caloric deficit, day in and day out..
drinking lots of water, exercising, and taking your PX = simply effective

there are no magic recipes

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
appreciate your honesty brother . will do . don't want ot jinx anythign after i am finally getting my shyt together. i am staying as clean as clean can be . i finally want to see some abs. thanks snag!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
appreciate your honesty brother . will do . don't want ot jinx anythign after i am finally getting my shyt together. i am staying as clean as clean can be . i finally want to see some abs. thanks snag!
I want my playboy swimmer V back but my Wrestling days have been over for a long time. Although my core muscles are more defined, I still need to burn some belly fat and trim the sides. Just gotta follow the sure path which is a long haul. My untouched box of Cheez Its have been staring at me all week btw

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
today was shoulders and bis.
once again wreckem ! having a hard time just reaching my earphones to take them out.
right on 1950 calories for the day 203 protein, 75 fat, 102 carbs

training log;6-8 rep range on all exercises
standing cable raises 3 sets 22.5, 27.5, 32.5
standing lateral raises 20, 25,30
bent over laterals 20,25, 30
plate front raises 45lbs
seated dumbell arnolds 25, 30, 30

barbell curls 65,75, 55 to failure
dumbell preacher curls warm up of 25 then
30, 40, 50(3 reps)pr
seated cable curls 55,65,75
i couldn't lift anything else and i wanted to do hammers but just couldn't do it.
i have pelnty of energy even though i am not taking any type of pre workout. i think i will start next week because after the workout i am drained beyond repair. my shoulder has been giving me some trouble at night around 3 am and the chiro is working on it. i have had burrchitis in it along time and it has been really damp around here lately and that could be it. I have to work tomorrow and saturday with graduation at college so no workouts until maybe sunday but i might take it off because i will probably need it after feeding all the students and parents. i will probably be gone till then but will try to check in when time allows. everyone have a good one and keep on pushing. i believe i am finally starting to drop some weight so that is a plus.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep getting that exercise in wherever you can chef. Will make a big difference in the end results.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Keep getting that exercise in wherever you can chef. Will make a big difference in the end results.
i will brother .man my shoulder is hurting something fierce though. ice and rest in on my mind , right after 150 crunches and some planks!!!!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i will brother .man my shoulder is hurting something fierce though. ice and rest in on my mind , right after 150 crunches and some planks!!!!
Is it those chronic pressing shoulder pains?