pro xanthine log (sponsored) from chefbo

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Is it those chronic pressing shoulder pains?
Oh yeah. I pushed alittle too hard on the arnolds,but quit when I couldn'stand it anymore.i want to push myself just not to the point of injury.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try some foam rolling and rotator cuff exercise pre workout. It will help warm up the shoulder some and get the blood flowing. I felt with those pains for a long time until I started rolling my shoulders about three times a week and pre/post workout on shoulder day.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Need to try nd relieve that shoulder pain. It'll interfere with a lot of your other lifts. Very annoying

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
doing the rolling like suggested and resting the arm. i was on my feet all day for the last two days getting the students graduated and today i am just kicking back with the kids. i am completely exhausted and need it. i will start back with workouts tomorrow probably chest and tris, legs on tuesday off wednesday, shoulders , traps thursday and backa nd bis on friday. i am doing abs everyday 200 reps(planks,crunches, bicycles, twists total together 50 each) gonna cook up some smoked thighs today and chicken legs for the kids, brownrice and broccoli. did good yesterday and the day before but really had a hard time gfetting in all teh mini meals because of all the functions and there times. ate breakfast yesterday at 7 am and didn't eat again until last night around 5. that was rough. i was off site so i didn't have time or access to anything so i suffered. today has been much better. got 54 fat, 90 carbs,162 protein to finish today.gettign ready to take my second px now. hope everyone is having a great weekend and is safe.

kernsbak84

Awards
Keep it chefbo looking like your getting it done!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
thanks brother doing the best i can.
today was another great workout and i took it as far as my shoulder would let me.
did back and tris
down to 179 today even though i can't really see it. but that could be me .
lat pulldown super set with one arm cable rows
85 , 90,95 for 10 reps
45, 50, 55 for 8 reps each

pullups 3 @ failure 10,8,6 bodyweight
closegrip pulldowns 85,90,95 for 10 reps
superset with bentover dumbell rows 45 lbs for 3sets of 10

tricep rope pushdown 65,70,75 10 reps
kickbacks 30 lb 3 sets 10 each arm
overhead rope extensions same as pushdowns
skullcrushers to failure (shoulder started giving me problems so i stopped no sense in injuring it any more. but i was spent anyway.

1730 calories today with 120 ounces of liquid so far. 68 fat, 120 carbs, 151 protein.

feeling a little better with more energy today. had a good rest yesterday.
tomorrow will be legs at the big y after the chiropractor.i usally get laid up for a couple days after an adjustment so i really want to get the legs blasted before that happens,since wednsday is an off day. my legs have always been the weakest link on my body not that it is in the best shape but not bad for a 51 year old. as long as i am doing waht i can to get this thing in shape at least i'm not setting on my ass complaining.get up and do it!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Big Chef serving up some back and tri's! Good to see you knowing when to stop with your shoulder. Some things just aren't worth it in the long run. These weekends are essential, the body and joints a rest does wonders. My right knee is bothersome at times but when working legs, I know when to stop. Although you could do more, it's best not to.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big Chef serving up some back and tri's! Good to see you knowing when to stop with your shoulder. Some things just aren't worth it in the long run. These weekends are essential, the body and joints a rest does wonders. My right knee is bothersome at times but when working legs, I know when to stop. Although you could do more, it's best not to.
Sometimes less is more.....esspecially with possible injuries.

You're killing it anyway.....thumbs up!!!!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
legs and calves today could barely get down the steps to the car.
gonna end up around 1800 cals today 171 pro, 120 carbs, 78 fats

down to179 as of this morning . happy with that for sure.
lying leg curls 50 for 20 for warm up then 3 sets of 25, 60,70,80,
seated lateral leg press 3 sets of 25 one to 50. 190,225, 250,165
leg extentions 3 @25 120,140,160
seated reverfse curls 120, 100, 90 25 each
seated calf raises 100 25, 40, 37
standing calf raises 150, 170, 190 for 15
done i will be hurting tomorrow for sure. wish i could squat but my back would lay me up if i did so i do what i can. Guess i will never look like tom platz or branch but not what i am shooting for anyway. just want to feel good and look better than most 50 year olds around. off day tomorrow now to ice down my shoulder , later brothers!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
legs and calves today could barely get down the steps to the car.
gonna end up around 1800 cals today 171 pro, 120 carbs, 78 fats

down to179 as of this morning . happy with that for sure.
lying leg curls 50 for 20 for warm up then 3 sets of 25, 60,70,80,
seated lateral leg press 3 sets of 25 one to 50. 190,225, 250,165
leg extentions 3 @25 120,140,160
seated reverfse curls 120, 100, 90 25 each
seated calf raises 100 25, 40, 37
standing calf raises 150, 170, 190 for 15
done i will be hurting tomorrow for sure. wish i could squat but my back would lay me up if i did so i do what i can. Guess i will never look like tom platz or branch but not what i am shooting for anyway. just want to feel good and look better than most 50 year olds around. off day tomorrow now to ice down my shoulder , later brothers!
Nice leg session! How do you feel with the calorie level you are at right now? Two pounds is a good loss so far but we want to make sure you are getting everything possible out of the run. I would suggest making time for some cardio after weights. It's a great opportunity to burn those extra few calories after you have hit the weights hard.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Nice leg session! How do you feel with the calorie level you are at right now? Two pounds is a good loss so far but we want to make sure you are getting everything possible out of the run. I would suggest making time for some cardio after weights. It's a great opportunity to burn those extra few calories after you have hit the weights hard.
I usually do some for a warm up especially on leg day but I was running behind after the chiro session and had to get in what I could. I have just been missing loggng that into the logs. I have started a ab workout at home everynight that is high intensity cardio . 200 reps total combined into 4 exercises non stop. I am sucking wind after each one so I get a huge amount of cardio in a short period of time. I will make sure I put those in from now on. Also my weight on my profile is wrong I started out at 185.5 and as of today I am at 178 (this morning after my shower) woo hoo! I really believe it is kicking in full on now.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually do some for a warm up especially on leg day but I was running behind after the chiro session and had to get in what I could. I have just been missing loggng that into the logs. I have started a ab workout at home everynight that is high intensity cardio . 200 reps total combined into 4 exercises non stop. I am sucking wind after each one so I get a huge amount of cardio in a short period of time. I will make sure I put those in from now on. Also my weight on my profile is wrong I started out at 185.5 and as of today I am at 178 (this morning after my shower) woo hoo! I really believe it is kicking in full on now.
Oh! So you have dropped seven pounds :) well don't I look silly

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
no worries man, I should have reset all my shyt before starting. I was beginning to worry though it hadn't move anywhere but up in the last week and I was eating as clean as I could given I was working so many hours graduation week. I tried to get my daughter to take some pics last nigh tbut I could never get her to get the lighting right to show the vascularity I have started seeing. time to bring out the tripod!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
nice rest day . did a little ab work but mostly rested the shoulder. back is feeling better by the day. My son got his next stripe his quest for his yellow belt . very proud of my little man. gonna be a chest and shoulder day today. i'll log it later. good day fellas.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
no stims please!
now for today's log;
chest and shoulders
couldn't do flat barbell bench the ole shoulder was hurting too much so opted for dumbells
3 sets 10-35,40,50
incline dumbell bench 2 warm up sets 30, 3 sets 10 40,45,50
cable flys 4 sets 10 17.5, 27.5,27.5 held for 2 secs each rep

shoulders
seated overhead dumbell press
2 wRM UPS at 25 for 10
3 sets , 30, 40, 50 (10,10, 8)
incline face down rear flyes
3 sets, 25,30,30 for 10
overhead cable press
22.5,27.5,27.5 10 reps each
front raises
25, 25, 30 for 10

shoulder was a bitch in heat today so i didn't want to burn it out. good pump even did some curls to finish it off cables and dumbells at 25 arms felt good though. 1832 cals today chicken, egg whites , pork loin and lean ham . whole grain bread for breakfast and lunch and brown rice and a salad for dinner. 154 pro, 82 fat, 100 carbs. feeling good with my back just the pec and delts hurting . ice for the evening and relaxation. tomorrow bis and abs tomorrow. i know nobody wants to keep hearing about my pains i just want it to be know that is why i am not going so heavy anymore. these lefts may look on the light side but i am still going full out without rest on allsets. one after the other. constant tension on the muscles to push them under the minimal time i have to dedicate to them . just want to be clear on that. i am giving this everything i have to get results that are worthy of getting this oppurtunity form Finaflex. there products have been good to me as have the reps i really couldn't e where i am at without it.. have a good night fellas.. more to follow....

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are doing an awesome job. I would never have questioned your work ethic either. Injures happen and sometimes at inopportune times. The lighter weight and higher reps might actually help while cutting to keep the heart rate up honestly. Great job so far chef. Keep it going brother.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
You are doing an awesome job. I would never have questioned your work ethic either. Injures happen and sometimes at inopportune times. The lighter weight and higher reps might actually help while cutting to keep the heart rate up honestly. Great job so far chef. Keep it going brother.
thanks for the positivity! doing what i can!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL
effort is shining just fine bo, no worries..
this is about you & your best, no worries on trying to keep up with anyone else
keep nailing it
Sorry chef.....it's the junky in me that makes me do this....;)

You're doing great!!!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
LOL
effort is shining just fine bo, no worries..
this is about you & your best, no worries on trying to keep up with anyone else
keep nailing it
thanks big man I appreciate all the help!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
yesterday's log
178 lbs
1973 cals 295 carbs, 141 protein, 58 fat
went a little heavy on carbs but mainly bananas tring to put some more potassium in my for healing my shoulder. the bananas just give me the lift i need when i feel kinda queezy. besides that it was turkey chicken lean pork beef patty(85% lean) very busy day with the kids so it was run and gun on the food.

workout went better than i thought becasue i had though my shoulder problem would hamper my bicep workout. no problems until i went to bed then the pain hit.ice and stim took care of that. two days of rest today and tomorrow.

arms and abs and calves

dumbell curls 4 sets plus two warm ups of 20 lbs for 10
25, 30, 40, 45 10 reps each
alternate with seated calf raises at 35 lbs for 40 reps
hammer curls 4 sets same weight and rep range
barbell ez bar curls 60 lbs 15 reps ea 4 sets last set only got 10
cable concentration curls to finish the workout 22 lbs 10 reps ea arm 4 sets last set only to 8 on the right and 7 on the left
ab machine 50 reps for 4 sets done.
arms felt good great pump very vascular loved it.
one guy working out next to me heard me grunting and said " it don't get any easier does it" and i responded if it was easy we'd be waiting in line for dumbells. he is 57 and built like a bull ! very impressive and he's a pretty nice guy i have seen him workout just about everyday i am there and the only thing i can say before about him was he wears the same jeans and cowboy boots toworkout in everyday just about. but he turned out to be a nice fella . we talked about stims at our age and what we took for supps. i usually don't carry on conversations i just get my stuff done and get out. maybe i'll open up alittle more i may be able to gain some knowledge from the experienced lifters. I have contacted a online coach to critque me and see if with the right training i could compete some day in a master physique comp. i know i am along way away from that but it will be agoal to go after. I'll let you know what happens. pro x is working great i really like it. this is something i could take all year without it effecting my bp . it is really smooth. i don't talk enough about it on here because of that. no ill effects at all it is awesome. alright enough rambling i'm off to softball with my daughter , ya'll have a great weekend and thanks again for the support and right back at ya!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
try not to be so lon winded on this one
legs today 177 83 fat, 151 carbs, 173 pro

leg press 240 25, 260-25,300-25
leg extensions 120-25,140-25,160-15 llast set a pr never knew i could even put that much up
leg curls 105-25,120-15,135-15
standing calf raises 180-25,190-25,210-25 last two are pr's
seated calf raises 135-40,135-25,135-16,135-12
done
vascular legs are appearing for the first time in my life
really liking the stirations in my arms and legs, getting very vascular when flexed everywhere, chest , thighs, calves , forearms shoulders absolutely amazing . i have never ever seen this before. this is waht i have been looking for my whole life. the shred is definately on just like it happened overnight. this stuff is f*&king amazing if this is what it does without any stimulation at all. my bp has been perfect, feeling really goodabout this one . thanks Finaflex. i will try to get some pics up soon i just want them to be good ones. good night.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
try not to be so lon winded on this one
legs today 177 83 fat, 151 carbs, 173 pro

leg press 240 25, 260-25,300-25
leg extensions 120-25,140-25,160-15 llast set a pr never knew i could even put that much up
leg curls 105-25,120-15,135-15
standing calf raises 180-25,190-25,210-25 last two are pr's
seated calf raises 135-40,135-25,135-16,135-12
done
vascular legs are appearing for the first time in my life
really liking the stirations in my arms and legs, getting very vascular when flexed everywhere, chest , thighs, calves , forearms shoulders absolutely amazing . i have never ever seen this before. this is waht i have been looking for my whole life. the shred is definately on just like it happened overnight. this stuff is f*&king amazing if this is what it does without any stimulation at all. my bp has been perfect, feeling really goodabout this one . thanks Finaflex. i will try to get some pics up soon i just want them to be good ones. good night.
Now this is what we like to hear. Great update chef. Nice lifts and congrats on the pr's. The stim in our products are the best out there. Not jittery, but clean. The feeling of well being is also amazing. Glad you are loving the PX. Very happy that we could come along and help you with your goals.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
chest and shoulders today
177 183 pro, 95 carbs, 83 fat
chest session first
incline cable flyes superset with incline bench
4 sets of 8 17.5,22.5,27.5,32.5 95, 105, 115, 135

upright rows smith machine super set with decline bench
35 lb plate with machine 3 sets 10 3 sets @10- 95,105,125

flat bench and decline dumbell press
2 sets 125, for failure around 6 ea 2set 30,50 got 10 each before my shoulder gave out.

superset side laterals and front raises
4 sets 20, 25,30, 25 10 ea

incline reverse rear delt raises and leg raises on power tower
3 sets of 15 20,25, 30 50 for 2 sets

calf raises and leg press becasue a guy took the machine and wouldn't give it up on my last set yesterday
300 40 raises for 3 sets (one of one leg only for 15 each) and 3 sets of leg presses for 20

done good pump didn't want to over extend the shoulder. improve vascularity in forearms stirations stirations! calves where wrecked again the way i like it. Back still alittle tender but i am working throughh it, always is after an adjustment. liking the look in the mirror. my daughter hugged me today and said "Daddy your thick" i guess that is a complement!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
da big chef with da big gains! Really great product aint it? After 2 weeks I was like, wow.. I changed pretty fast! Blink of an eye man

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
da big chef with da big gains! Really great product aint it? After 2 weeks I was like, wow.. I changed pretty fast! Blink of an eye man
yeah it was like what the hell is going on with this and then boom lbs started dropping. now i know i have been in acalric defecit but it hasn't been that much, but my training has improved with feeling better. thanks , looking good yourself irish.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah it was like what the hell is going on with this and then boom lbs started dropping. now i know i have been in acalric defecit but it hasn't been that much, but my training has improved with feeling better. thanks , looking good yourself irish.
you guys are both doing a great job!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great news... I wonder how much I owe th the px ... I was head down shredding so hard to tell where I ended and px picked up...

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Great news... I wonder how much I owe th the px ... I was head down shredding so hard to tell where I ended and px picked up...
i need to find out what your diet was like during the final weeks to contest . man your bf was non existent . i always have ahard time getting this Subcutaneous fat gone no matter what i do. let me in on it. i know it was frecking hard work and diet , was there a large amount of cardio. i really want to be somewhere when we all get together for our annual pool party this year. that was my goal last year.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i need to find out what your diet was like during the final weeks to contest . man your bf was non existent . i always have ahard time getting this Subcutaneous fat gone no matter what i do. let me in on it. i know it was frecking hard work and diet , was there a large amount of cardio. i really want to be somewhere when we all get together for our annual pool party this year. that was my goal last year.
A full on prep diet isn't enjoyable at all and isn't really isn't suitable imo.......would be better to keep the slow and steady route to keep peeling the fat off.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
different levels of dieting bo..you are not ready for a "final stages of prep" type protocol at this point
just common sense at this point, solid food choices, portion control, protein high and elimination of all simple sugars....

A full on prep diet isn't enjoyable at all and isn't really isn't suitable imo.......would be better to keep the slow and steady route to keep peeling the fat off.
this
I gave you your guidelines earlier bo!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
different levels of dieting bo..you are not ready for a "final stages of prep" type protocol at this point
just common sense at this point, solid food choices, portion control, protein high and elimination of all simple sugars....

this
I gave you your guidelines earlier bo!
agreed on both posts guys thanks , didn't know the parameters of how hard it is thanks again brother in iron.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
off day yesterday , shoulder is feeling better and so is the back. I will be hitting back today and abs. i'll report on this later this afternoon. want to thank all my brothers in iron for guiding me along this road because I am old doesn't always mean I am wise. I appreciate you keeping me in check. Loving the pro xanthine this is something I believe I could take year round (but I won't) it is so mellow on the body but achieves great results. How does the Px Black differ from this? I haven't taken any of what I got so was just wondering what the overall difference is.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I still haven't done the regular PX :p
getting ready to very soon tho..
PX Black was incredibly smooth, confident demeanor and feel-good with no peaks & valleys, just calm consistent usable energy

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't tried the PX500 either but I agree with snags that the black is very smooth. I've only used it sparingly as a pick me up for work when I have to cover night shifts and the mood elevation is wonderful. I think I saw Kleen state that the PX500 was a bit stronger on the stim side comparatively.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have most of it documented the final weeks I broke away from carbs cycling and went all fibrous carbs about 75 grams from 1 grapefruit, brocolli, salad greens and bell peppers...

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
today was back day along with abs

still 177 1890 cals 141 protein, 74 fat, 101 carbs

started with supersets
close grip pulldowns/one arm rows
4 sets each 77.5,82.5 87.5,92.5 full rack(personal best)
60 lb dumbells for 10 reps each4 sets

wide grip seated rows/bent over rows
3 sets 72.5,77.5,82.5
3 sets 135

deadlifts 3 sets@135
wide grip pullups 3 sets to failure each 8, 6, 5

abs
rope crunches 4 sets 25 ea
power rack leg raises 25 ea 4 sets
3 sets raised leg bench crunches 50 each

done back was getting tight but got through it slapped on th stim unit took it all away. great day again. felt good throughout the workout no one there but me msut have been leg day for everyone else! got the wife and daughter down tonight doing crunches i am finally wearing them down. good to see it. looking good and feeling great through this you guys keep me on th path, thanks!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're always here to keep the train on the tracks bud. I still think protein looks a bit low but you are making good progress. Keep making those donuts chef! (Just don't eat them)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a job making donuts and the last thing I craved was donuts.. anything sweet actually...

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
today got a little off track two kids came down with the strep throat. idn;t get to track my intake today because of all the commotion but i ate pretty great good breakfast and light lunch , dandy supper of chicken breast and baked potato. worked out afterward and had a whey shake with my daughter/training partner.
low and behold my littlest one said Daddy you working out today? I really want to if you are! so downstairs we go and pound out a great set of arms .
bicep dumbell curls 4 sets @10 35lbers
superset rope pushdowns 4 sets 65, 75, 80,80 15 reps ea

ez bar skullcrushers 50 3 sets 10
closegrip bench press same as above

ez bar curls 3 sets 50 super set reverse curls same same

daughter did 5 lb dumbell skullcrushers 35 reps 4 sets
dumbell curls same set and rep

concentration curls 3 sets 5lbs
band curls 4 sets 15 reps

she did great flexed form everything . just wanted to throw that in for fun. last pill down and feeling great. i will finalize the log tomorrow with rating and everything. really had fun on this one best one yet thanks again Finaflex you guys take care of us for sure!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its great to see kids excited about fitness. Especially when they are excited to do so with their father :) Its been a great time Chef and I'm glad to have been able to come along on the journey with you. Couldn't have asked for a better log.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Its great to see kids excited about fitness. Especially when they are excited to do so with their father :) Its been a great time Chef and I'm glad to have been able to come along on the journey with you. Couldn't have asked for a better log.
thanks my brother for all the support through the journey.