pro xanthine log (sponsored) from chefbo

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. dude isn't called chef for nothing
    i will nitpick on the veggies (as i always seem to do) and say swap out the corn for green fibrous veggies....


  2. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    dude isn't called chef for nothing
    i will nitpick on the veggies (as i always seem to do) and say swap out the corn for green fibrous veggies....
    Yah corn is more of a starch, I don't count it as a vegtable.. I only eat it off the cob come fall and usually only a couple times a year...
    •   
       


  3. the corn is just for the kids . i usually have green beans, broccoli or asparagus. i've been downing salads again since on this just forgot to include them in the post.

  4. now for today's workout and log.
    legs -God almighty don't have anywhere to go after leg day. had to go to the supermarket to get meat for the week and everyone i ran into must have thought i was drunk. i could barely put one foot in front of the other. i crushed them.

    5 minute treadmill warm up 3mph at 3.5 incline
    leg press(lateral or linear) anyway not the usual one everyone has seems i can do less weight and get a bigger pump.
    4 sets 10 200 warm up, 255, 275,295
    leg extentions same as above 4@10 105, 145, 165,175
    leg curls seated-4@10(except last one only got to 8) 105, 125,145,160
    seated calf raises 3@15-100, 100, 125,125
    standing calf raises 3@15 -150, 170,170,185
    now i am shaking and was gonna try to do bis but no way! i was spent completely but i managed to stretch on some apparatus they had and it felt good. if i can walk tomorrow i will go for shoulders and triceps, traps.

    i will log diet once i get it put together probably after dinner, spaghetti with deer meat sauce . i purchased , thighs, flatiron steaks , sirloin pork cutlets for the rest of the week. luckily since i run a college kitchen i can eat just about what i need to during the day at work egg whites , tuna , chicken and the like. we use whole grains , brown rice as our staples in the starch department for the athletes so i just eat like them . even at home i have the family eating kinda the same . my older daughter loves it too. she likes eating healthy as alot of up and coming teenagers do to watch their figure. set the right example and you eill benefit from it!

  5. caloric intake for today 1937
    protein 161
    fat 46
    carbs 245
    went a little over on the carbs today i'll trim them tomorrow to make up the difference for the week. i really want to stay around 200 if possible maybe a little less.
    the whey has some good number in it it must have come from them and the pasta. also need to up my water intake some only got about 8 glasses in .

  6. Workout and food looks good. Like you said trim those carbs back a little bit the fat intake looks darn good.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  7. thanks for the critque thats what i need too know.

  8. Tha Chef doing it big! I like your order guide as well, I'll letcha ship it on over to my house. Greeeaaaatttttt

    As for the legs, the other day I was rendered useless after hitting legs. Small steps for me haha

  9. Yah I would think the carbs and protein should be reversed maybe ...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah I would think the carbs and protein should be reversed maybe ...
    Yah I'm thinking of doing a carb loading run. I wished I would have thouht abput this last week.read an article with a sample cycle in it think I wil give it a whirl.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    Yah I'm thinking of doing a carb loading run. I wished I would have thouht abput this last week.read an article with a sample cycle in it think I wil give it a whirl.
    what do you mean, carb-loading run?
    I will agree with DW here - you got the right product in PX, the goal is to drop some bf..
    let's keep the protein high, carbs lowerish, and fats can even come up from the level you are at right now (make sure they are good fats tho)..just my .02 for you

  12. yah that what i am saying in a nutshell. anyway in this article it is talking about what i assume is a carb load day like bodybuilders do before a show to shed more bodyfat. no food in the morning until around 10 then high protein no carbs or really low amount. fats will be keep high just like you are talking this will go for 10 days then right after the workout on the 1oth day load the same amount of carbs (180 grams) all at once so the body uses them immediately for fuel and doesn't store them. does this sound familiar to you guys ? do you think i should do it or just stay the course and lower my carbs really low.

  13. ok for todays log:
    chest
    flat bench warm up 85 2 sets 8
    hammer strength iso lateral decline press 90,105,115
    iso lateral incline press-90,105,115
    incline press, 95, 115, 115
    cable flyes-65, 75,85 @10 reps
    seated db incline press-3@10 35, 40,40 failure
    pec deck-3 sets ,10 reps, 75, 90,105
    chest is really tight but feels good did some good stretching before i left the y and i will probably do foam rolling after we get home tonight from my daughters ball game. hope everyone had a great day and thanks again to everyone for all the pointers on the diet. i finally am starting to feel like my old self.

    caloric intake for theday will be
    1953
    protein 40%202 grams
    carbs 24%-121 grams
    fats 36% 78 grams

    gonna get those carbs down to below 90 and that will be .5 per lb 1.25 protein should put me at 225 grams and stay right in the 75 range for fats.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    yah that what i am saying in a nutshell. anyway in this article it is talking about what i assume is a carb load day like bodybuilders do before a show to shed more bodyfat. no food in the morning until around 10 then high protein no carbs or really low amount. fats will be keep high just like you are talking this will go for 10 days then right after the workout on the 1oth day load the same amount of carbs (180 grams) all at once so the body uses them immediately for fuel and doesn't store them. does this sound familiar to you guys ? do you think i should do it or just stay the course and lower my carbs really low.
    there are a lot of nonsensical articles out there bo..don't believe everything you read
    (and only believe half of what you see)
    anyway - the purpose of what bb'ers do before a show has nothing to do with shedding any bf, and everything to do with creating a temporary illusion to look their very best for a finite short duration..do not try to incorporate such shenanigans

    as for the protocol you espouse above - I have never heard of such

    your best bet is to stay the course; utilizing the recipe I advised above is gonna be your ticket
    if you want to incorporate carb-cycling ie 200g one day, then 125g next day, then 75g day following, then repeat -- sure that is valid approach, but there is no sense trying to do all carbs or all fats or just protein etc etc or any other goofy swaying of the macros

    common sense approach: sensible macros with clean foods (ie micros) in a caloric deficit, day in and day out..
    drinking lots of water, exercising, and taking your PX = simply effective

    there are no magic recipes

  15. appreciate your honesty brother . will do . don't want ot jinx anythign after i am finally getting my shyt together. i am staying as clean as clean can be . i finally want to see some abs. thanks snag!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    appreciate your honesty brother . will do . don't want ot jinx anythign after i am finally getting my shyt together. i am staying as clean as clean can be . i finally want to see some abs. thanks snag!
    I want my playboy swimmer V back but my Wrestling days have been over for a long time. Although my core muscles are more defined, I still need to burn some belly fat and trim the sides. Just gotta follow the sure path which is a long haul. My untouched box of Cheez Its have been staring at me all week btw

  17. today was shoulders and bis.
    once again wreckem ! having a hard time just reaching my earphones to take them out.
    right on 1950 calories for the day 203 protein, 75 fat, 102 carbs

    training log;6-8 rep range on all exercises
    standing cable raises 3 sets 22.5, 27.5, 32.5
    standing lateral raises 20, 25,30
    bent over laterals 20,25, 30
    plate front raises 45lbs
    seated dumbell arnolds 25, 30, 30

    barbell curls 65,75, 55 to failure
    dumbell preacher curls warm up of 25 then
    30, 40, 50(3 reps)pr
    seated cable curls 55,65,75
    i couldn't lift anything else and i wanted to do hammers but just couldn't do it.
    i have pelnty of energy even though i am not taking any type of pre workout. i think i will start next week because after the workout i am drained beyond repair. my shoulder has been giving me some trouble at night around 3 am and the chiro is working on it. i have had burrchitis in it along time and it has been really damp around here lately and that could be it. I have to work tomorrow and saturday with graduation at college so no workouts until maybe sunday but i might take it off because i will probably need it after feeding all the students and parents. i will probably be gone till then but will try to check in when time allows. everyone have a good one and keep on pushing. i believe i am finally starting to drop some weight so that is a plus.

  18. Keep getting that exercise in wherever you can chef. Will make a big difference in the end results.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Keep getting that exercise in wherever you can chef. Will make a big difference in the end results.
    i will brother .man my shoulder is hurting something fierce though. ice and rest in on my mind , right after 150 crunches and some planks!!!!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    i will brother .man my shoulder is hurting something fierce though. ice and rest in on my mind , right after 150 crunches and some planks!!!!
    Is it those chronic pressing shoulder pains?
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

    Is it those chronic pressing shoulder pains?
    Oh yeah. I pushed alittle too hard on the arnolds,but quit when I couldn'stand it anymore.i want to push myself just not to the point of injury.

  22. Try some foam rolling and rotator cuff exercise pre workout. It will help warm up the shoulder some and get the blood flowing. I felt with those pains for a long time until I started rolling my shoulders about three times a week and pre/post workout on shoulder day.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  23. Need to try nd relieve that shoulder pain. It'll interfere with a lot of your other lifts. Very annoying

  24. doing the rolling like suggested and resting the arm. i was on my feet all day for the last two days getting the students graduated and today i am just kicking back with the kids. i am completely exhausted and need it. i will start back with workouts tomorrow probably chest and tris, legs on tuesday off wednesday, shoulders , traps thursday and backa nd bis on friday. i am doing abs everyday 200 reps(planks,crunches, bicycles, twists total together 50 each) gonna cook up some smoked thighs today and chicken legs for the kids, brownrice and broccoli. did good yesterday and the day before but really had a hard time gfetting in all teh mini meals because of all the functions and there times. ate breakfast yesterday at 7 am and didn't eat again until last night around 5. that was rough. i was off site so i didn't have time or access to anything so i suffered. today has been much better. got 54 fat, 90 carbs,162 protein to finish today.gettign ready to take my second px now. hope everyone is having a great weekend and is safe.

  25. Keep it chefbo looking like your getting it done!

  26. thanks brother doing the best i can.
    today was another great workout and i took it as far as my shoulder would let me.
    did back and tris
    down to 179 today even though i can't really see it. but that could be me .
    lat pulldown super set with one arm cable rows
    85 , 90,95 for 10 reps
    45, 50, 55 for 8 reps each

    pullups 3 @ failure 10,8,6 bodyweight
    closegrip pulldowns 85,90,95 for 10 reps
    superset with bentover dumbell rows 45 lbs for 3sets of 10

    tricep rope pushdown 65,70,75 10 reps
    kickbacks 30 lb 3 sets 10 each arm
    overhead rope extensions same as pushdowns
    skullcrushers to failure (shoulder started giving me problems so i stopped no sense in injuring it any more. but i was spent anyway.

    1730 calories today with 120 ounces of liquid so far. 68 fat, 120 carbs, 151 protein.

    feeling a little better with more energy today. had a good rest yesterday.
    tomorrow will be legs at the big y after the chiropractor.i usally get laid up for a couple days after an adjustment so i really want to get the legs blasted before that happens,since wednsday is an off day. my legs have always been the weakest link on my body not that it is in the best shape but not bad for a 51 year old. as long as i am doing waht i can to get this thing in shape at least i'm not setting on my ass complaining.get up and do it!

  27. Big Chef serving up some back and tri's! Good to see you knowing when to stop with your shoulder. Some things just aren't worth it in the long run. These weekends are essential, the body and joints a rest does wonders. My right knee is bothersome at times but when working legs, I know when to stop. Although you could do more, it's best not to.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
    Big Chef serving up some back and tri's! Good to see you knowing when to stop with your shoulder. Some things just aren't worth it in the long run. These weekends are essential, the body and joints a rest does wonders. My right knee is bothersome at times but when working legs, I know when to stop. Although you could do more, it's best not to.
    Sometimes less is more.....esspecially with possible injuries.

    You're killing it anyway.....thumbs up!!!!
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  29. legs and calves today could barely get down the steps to the car.
    gonna end up around 1800 cals today 171 pro, 120 carbs, 78 fats

    down to179 as of this morning . happy with that for sure.
    lying leg curls 50 for 20 for warm up then 3 sets of 25, 60,70,80,
    seated lateral leg press 3 sets of 25 one to 50. 190,225, 250,165
    leg extentions 3 @25 120,140,160
    seated reverfse curls 120, 100, 90 25 each
    seated calf raises 100 25, 40, 37
    standing calf raises 150, 170, 190 for 15
    done i will be hurting tomorrow for sure. wish i could squat but my back would lay me up if i did so i do what i can. Guess i will never look like tom platz or branch but not what i am shooting for anyway. just want to feel good and look better than most 50 year olds around. off day tomorrow now to ice down my shoulder , later brothers!

  30. Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    legs and calves today could barely get down the steps to the car.
    gonna end up around 1800 cals today 171 pro, 120 carbs, 78 fats

    down to179 as of this morning . happy with that for sure.
    lying leg curls 50 for 20 for warm up then 3 sets of 25, 60,70,80,
    seated lateral leg press 3 sets of 25 one to 50. 190,225, 250,165
    leg extentions 3 @25 120,140,160
    seated reverfse curls 120, 100, 90 25 each
    seated calf raises 100 25, 40, 37
    standing calf raises 150, 170, 190 for 15
    done i will be hurting tomorrow for sure. wish i could squat but my back would lay me up if i did so i do what i can. Guess i will never look like tom platz or branch but not what i am shooting for anyway. just want to feel good and look better than most 50 year olds around. off day tomorrow now to ice down my shoulder , later brothers!
    Nice leg session! How do you feel with the calorie level you are at right now? Two pounds is a good loss so far but we want to make sure you are getting everything possible out of the run. I would suggest making time for some cardio after weights. It's a great opportunity to burn those extra few calories after you have hit the weights hard.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Finaflex Sponsored log Pro Xanthine with Creatrona
    By packers6211 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  2. Replies: 189
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 04:00 PM
  3. FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE 500-XT LOG
    By punjabimunde in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 10:33 PM
  4. KleensQueen Kleens House with FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE & ALC+CLA (Sponsored)
    By KleensQueen in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 556
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
  5. Replies: 537
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Log in
Log in