Time to MonteGROW like a Finaflex Freak!

Page 112 of 116 First ... 110111112113114 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

Got some vids coming up as soon as they upload to YouTube if ya don't mind checking em out bud.

And yes this thread gets a little.......different :P
    Not a problem at all! I should subscribe to your youtube, I'll probably do that tonight.

Different is right! But I like your style.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. I can even see my gastrocnemii.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

3. The video from the side was my 2nd video....I saw a bit of the knees coming in and tried to really push them out on that set after watching the first video that was from the rear view.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

4. Was this supposed t be the GVT or the regular lifting, you are going WAY to fast on the negative if it was for GVT. Too fast on the way up for that matter also. Think 1 -1000, 2 1000 on the up and 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000,4-1000 on the negative, you take the time to say the one thousand and you will be at the right tempo. If you do it that way you won't need a second day. Other than that good depth for body building and a tiny bit deeper for PL depth.

By the way looking good, you are really leaning out nicely. Your legs will look much bigger when you learn to turn your feet out when flexing them. It will make the sweep look twice as big.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

5. Was this supposed t be the GVT or the regular lifting, you are going WAY to fast on the negative if it was for GVT. Too fast on the way up for that matter also. Think 1 -1000, 2 1000 on the up and 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000,4-1000 on the negative, you take the time to say the one thousand and you will be at the right tempo. If you do it that way you won't need a second day. Other than that good depth for body building and a tiny bit deeper for PL depth.

By the way looking good, you are really leaning out nicely. Your legs will look much bigger when you learn to turn your feet out when flexing them. It will make the sweep look twice as big.
    Current Training Log -

6. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Was this supposed t be the GVT or the regular lifting, you are going WAY to fast on the negative if it was for GVT. Too fast on the way up for that matter also. Think 1 -1000, 2 1000 on the up and 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000,4-1000 on the negative, you take the time to say the one thousand and you will be at the right tempo. If you do it that way you won't need a second day. Other than that good depth for body building and a tiny bit deeper for PL depth.

I did 10x10 today but was trying to focus on form. The first day of GVT legs I worked the slow tempo but my form was so fukd my knees were destroyed. Videos of my last session were to get form critique and this was more of the same. Trying to find the right groove with just a natural tempo before I slow it down again.

7. Squats looked good, especially that second set. It's interesting to me how the Safety Bar reinforces some people's form and others it tears it all to hell. The first set your weight was trying to get inside your ankles and they wanted to roll inside. One way to prevent that is to turn your feet a little closer to straight ahead. I go toes just a tiny tick outside of straight ahead.

More importantly, how did your knees feel?
    Training log:

8. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Squats looked good, especially that second set. It's interesting to me how the Safety Bar reinforces some people's form and others it tears it all to hell. The first set your weight was trying to get inside your ankles and they wanted to roll inside. One way to prevent that is to turn your feet a little closer to straight ahead. I go toes just a tiny tick outside of straight ahead.

More importantly, how did your knees feel?
    The sets where I really got the knees out felt great. No pressure at all which I thought was very surprising.

I'll have to work on some hip mobility like @iparatroop suggested because on the first couple reps of the sets I could really feel some tightness there.

9. Yeah, if your hips aren't mobile, then turning your toes in will bind you up a little more. Just keep working at it, it's a long, slow process that will involve leaps forward and steps backward.
    Training log:

10. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Yeah, if your hips aren't mobile, then turning your toes in will bind you up a little more. Just keep working at it, it's a long, slow process that will involve leaps forward and steps backward.
    Right now my feet are about a tad outside of shoulder width and tires are out a tad. You're suggesting turning my toes a little straighter?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

Right now my feet are about a tad outside of shoulder width and tires are out a tad. You're suggesting turning my toes a little straighter?
    Yes, that way you can create torque and your ankles won't want to roll to the inside. Did you notice that in set 1? It might have been better in set 2, hard to say. But ideally toes as straight ahead as possible is best.
    Training log:

12. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Yes, that way you can create torque and your ankles won't want to roll to the inside. Did you notice that in set 1? It might have been better in set 2, hard to say. But ideally toes as straight ahead as possible is best.
    Yeah noticed the ankles and knees rolling in but didn't even think it had anything to do with the toes. I'll get that in order next squat session. Thanks brother!

13. Okay makes sense to me. I would love working with that bar though.
    Current Training Log -

14. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I would love working with that bar though.
    Easy there big fella.

15. If the knees collapse too much you can tear menisci (proper spelling for plural?). Anyway, for both power & injury/pain prevention, I tell myself to drive those effing knees out & spread the floor.

For whatever it's worth to you, I start my squats by sitting back & then spreading the knees, moreso than it appears in your 2nd vid. You drop a little more straightdown as the knees come out to accomodate. But I've never used a safety bar either.

Shoes looking sick homie, & calves even sicker. Nice veinage.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

16. Diggin the gym setup too
    [email protected]

17. Thanks for all the input guys.

My past knee surgeries were a torn acl in my right. Torn meniscus in my left and I tore some cartilage the size of a half dollar off my right patella where it rides on the meniscus. Hence the knee worries.

18. Training today. Videos and pics above. Traded standing leg curls for seated. Like these more honestly.

Barbell Full Squat
    Set 1 : 205.0x10
    Set 2 : 205.0x10
    Set 3 : 205.0x10
    Set 4 : 205.0x10
    Set 5 : 205.0x10
    Set 6 : 205.0x10
    Set 7 : 205.0x9
    Set 8 : 205.0x9
    Set 9 : 205.0x9
    Set 10 : 205.0x8

Seated Leg Curls
    Set 1 : 90.0x10
    Set 2 : 80.0x10
    Set 3 : 80.0x10
    Set 4 : 80.0x10
    Set 5 : 80.0x10
    Set 6 : 80.0x10
    Set 7 : 80.0x10
    Set 8 : 90.0x9
    Set 9 : 90.0x8
    Set 10 : 90.0x8

Calf Press On Leg Press
    Set 1 : 315.0x13 (each leg)
    Set 2 : 315.0x16 (each leg)
    Set 3 : 315.0x30*(both legs)
    Set 4 : 315.0x27 (both legs)
    Set 5 : 315.0x25 (both legs)

Hanging Leg Raise
    Set 1 : 17 Laps/Reps
    Set 2 : 16 Laps/Reps
    Set 3 : 16 Laps/Reps

19. Going to take a moment to thank all of the veterans out there.

You and your family's sacrifices made to keep this nation strong is much appreciated. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

20. Nice workout Monte, and thanks!!!! Same wish goes out to all of the other Veterans on the board!
    Current Training Log -

21. Monday morning nudes! Still working on the lat spread......blah!

Name:  IMG_20131111_113849.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  150.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20131111_113806.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  131.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20131111_113658.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  123.6 KB

What are those bumps and lines and ridges around my shoulder there @snagencyV2.0

Name:  IMG_20131111_113627.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  135.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20131111_113552.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  155.6 KB

22. Massive. Like the knotwork too
    [email protected]

23. So here is a video I made today showing how I do the reverse grip BB rows. @wasme @drewsicle3210

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJCwjajnv9s

The slower reps are the ROWING motion. The faster reps are WRONG. The fast reps are how 99% of people do rows and this is NOT hitting your lats much at all. Upper back? Yeah sure but not the lats.

24. Fixed video. Not private anymore. Those private ones are just for lifeblood

25. Good rowing there with the arc toward the hips. I like to bend a little more at the waist to give a little more resistance at the bottom of the exercise but the arm movement here is text book for certain. I often tell people if they want to increase activation in the back to think of their forearms and hands simply as hooks attached to the elbow, and to pull with the elbows not the hands.
    Current Training Log -

26. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Good rowing there with the arc toward the hips. I like to bend a little more at the waist to give a little more resistance at the bottom of the exercise but the arm movement here is text book for certain. I often tell people if they want to increase activation in the back to think of their forearms and hands simply as hooks attached to the elbow, and to pull with the elbows not the hands.
    Exactly. The difference is subtle between the two movements when watching. But when performing the exercise it's not subtle at all lol.

If you have ever used the seated lat pullover machine just try to imitate that movement in all rowing motions and thank me later.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Exactly. The difference is subtle between the two movements when watching. But when performing the exercise it's not subtle at all lol.

If you have ever used the seated lat pullover machine just try to imitate that movement in all rowing motions and thank me later.
    Oh man the seated pull over machine is one of my favorite back exercise machines. Sucks the only gym I go to that has it is the one that doesn't open until 5:00AM so I don't get to go there very often.
    Current Training Log -

28. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Oh man the seated pull over machine is one of my favorite back exercise machines. Sucks the only gym I go to that has it is the one that doesn't open until 5:00AM so I don't get to go there very often.
    Our doesn't have one I try to emulate it with cables and an ez curl attachment but it's just not the same lol.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Fixed video. Not private anymore. Those private ones are just for lifeblood
    Thanks man... and lifeblood loves that im sure!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 10:27 PM
  2. Replies: 420
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 11:49 PM
  4. Looks like it might be time to stock up
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Anabolics