Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Veggies contain thier own antioxidants.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Veggies contain there own antioxidants.
    *their
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  3. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Re: Danb Beta test Max pump

What has happened in this thread?!? Lol
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    What has happened in this thread?!? Lol
    I guess beets cause cancer. Whodathunkit?
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.01%

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post

I got herpes from a beet. Told me she was clean.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post

I got herpes from a beet. Told me she was clean.
    And now you know...beets are lying cheating whores
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

And now you know...beets are lying cheating whores
    Damn straight!
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  8. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.73%

Read my previous post. Veggies naturally contain antioxidants that counteract the effect of nitrates. I have a bottle of Max Pump. However, I am still concerned about the potential connection between nitrates and cancer. I will continue to use Max Pump but I will only use it on workout days along with plenty of antioxidants.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%

Read my previous post. Veggies naturally contain antioxidants that counteract the effect of nitrates. I have a bottle of Max Pump. However, I am still concerned about the potential connection between nitrates and cancer. I will continue to use Max Pump but I will only use it on workout days along with plenty of antioxidants.
    dude, I was fuking around. don't be so serious.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.17%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Man you guys ran Dan away... He is walking down the road with his clothes bundled in a handkerchief tied to a stick kicking rocks and wishing Mom and Dad wouldn't fight so much.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Too bad they don't have their own anticheatinglyingwhore-idents
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

This thread is so win lately!!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

LET"S CEASE THE BLATANTLY FALSE ACCUSATIONS AROUND HERE PLEASE

The belief that nitrates and nitrates cause serious health problems has been entrenched in popular consciousness and media.

In fact, the study that originally connected nitrates with cancer risk and caused the scare in the first place has since been discredited after being subjected to a peer review. There have been major reviews of the scientific literature that found no link between nitrates or nitrites and human cancers, or even evidence to suggest that they may be carcinogenic. Further, recent research suggests that nitrates and nitrites may not only be harmless, they may be beneficial, especially for immunity and heart health. Confused yet?

It may surprise you to learn that the vast majority of nitrate/nitrite exposure comes not from food, but from endogenous sources within the body. (1) In fact, nitrites are produced by your own body in greater amounts than can be obtained from food, and salivary nitrite accounts for 70-90% of our total nitrite exposure. In other words, your spit contains far more nitrites than anything you could ever eat.

When it comes to food, vegetables are the primary source of nitrites. On average, about 93% of nitrites we get from food come from vegetables. It may shock you to learn that one serving of arugula, two servings of butter lettuce, and four servings of celery or beets all have more nitrite than 467 hot dogs. (2) And your own saliva has more nitrites than all of them! So before you eliminate cured meats from your diet, you might want to address your celery intake. And try not to swallow so frequently.

All humor aside, there’s no reason to fear nitrites in your food, or saliva. Recent evidence suggests that nitrites are beneficial for immune and cardiovascular function; they are being studied as a potential treatment for hypertension, heart attacks, sickle cell and circulatory disorders. Even if nitrites were harmful, cured meats are not a significant source, as the USDA only allows 120 parts per million in hot dogs and bacon. Also, during the curing process, most of the nitrite forms nitric oxide, which binds to iron and gives hot dogs and bacon their characteristic pink color. Afterwards, the amount of nitrite left is only about 10 parts per million.

And if you think you can avoid nitrates and nitrites by eating so-called “nitrite- and nitrate-free” meats like hot dogs and bacon, don’t be fooled. These products use “natural” sources of the same chemical like celery and beet juice and sea salt, and are no more free from nitrates and nitrites than standard cured meats. In fact, they may even contain more nitrates and nitrites when cured using “natural” preservatives.

It’s important to understand that neither nitrate nor nitrite accumulate in body. Ingested nitrate from food is converted into nitrite when it contacts our saliva, and of the nitrate we eat, 25% is converted into salivary nitrite, 20% converted into nitrite, and the rest is excreted in the urine within 5 hours of ingestion. (3) Any nitrate that is absorbed has a very short half-life, disappearing from our blood in under five minutes. (4) Some nitrite in our stomach reacts with gastric contents, forming nitric oxide which may have many beneficial effects. (5, 6)

In general, the bulk of the science suggests that nitrates and nitrites are not problematic and may even be beneficial to health. Critical reviews of the original evidence suggesting that nitrates/nitrites are carcinogenic reveals that in the absence of co-administration of a carcinogenic nitrosamine precursor, there is no evidence for carcinogenesis. (7) Newly published prospective studies show no association between estimated intake of nitrite and nitrite in the diet and stomach cancer. (8) Nitric oxide, formed by nitrite, has been shown to have vasodilator properties and may modulate platelet function in the human body, improving blood pressure and reducing heart attack risk. (9, 10, 11) Nitrates may also help boost the immune system and protect against pathogenic bacteria (12, 13, 14)

So what do we take from this? There’s no reason to fear nitrates and nitrites in food or supplementation
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  14. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.73%

I'm just concerned about my health. There is an excellent discussion on this subject on another forum, unfortunately I can't mention the name. This is a very good article on the subject although I'm not sure about the quality of the information: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+my.....-a0273530629 This article pretty much supports snagenys previous post.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    The belief that nitrates and nitrates cause serious health problems has been entrenched in popular consciousness and media.

In fact, the study that originally connected nitrates with cancer risk and caused the scare in the first place has since been discredited after being subjected to a peer review. There have been major reviews of the scientific literature that found no link between nitrates or nitrites and human cancers, or even evidence to suggest that they may be carcinogenic. Further, recent research suggests that nitrates and nitrites may not only be harmless, they may be beneficial, especially for immunity and heart health. Confused yet?

It may surprise you to learn that the vast majority of nitrate/nitrite exposure comes not from food, but from endogenous sources within the body. (1) In fact, nitrites are produced by your own body in greater amounts than can be obtained from food, and salivary nitrite accounts for 70-90% of our total nitrite exposure. In other words, your spit contains far more nitrites than anything you could ever eat.

When it comes to food, vegetables are the primary source of nitrites. On average, about 93% of nitrites we get from food come from vegetables. It may shock you to learn that one serving of arugula, two servings of butter lettuce, and four servings of celery or beets all have more nitrite than 467 hot dogs. (2) And your own saliva has more nitrites than all of them! So before you eliminate cured meats from your diet, you might want to address your celery intake. And try not to swallow so frequently.

All humor aside, there’s no reason to fear nitrites in your food, or saliva. Recent evidence suggests that nitrites are beneficial for immune and cardiovascular function; they are being studied as a potential treatment for hypertension, heart attacks, sickle cell and circulatory disorders. Even if nitrites were harmful, cured meats are not a significant source, as the USDA only allows 120 parts per million in hot dogs and bacon. Also, during the curing process, most of the nitrite forms nitric oxide, which binds to iron and gives hot dogs and bacon their characteristic pink color. Afterwards, the amount of nitrite left is only about 10 parts per million.

And if you think you can avoid nitrates and nitrites by eating so-called “nitrite- and nitrate-free” meats like hot dogs and bacon, don’t be fooled. These products use “natural” sources of the same chemical like celery and beet juice and sea salt, and are no more free from nitrates and nitrites than standard cured meats. In fact, they may even contain more nitrates and nitrites when cured using “natural” preservatives.

It’s important to understand that neither nitrate nor nitrite accumulate in body. Ingested nitrate from food is converted into nitrite when it contacts our saliva, and of the nitrate we eat, 25% is converted into salivary nitrite, 20% converted into nitrite, and the rest is excreted in the urine within 5 hours of ingestion. (3) Any nitrate that is absorbed has a very short half-life, disappearing from our blood in under five minutes. (4) Some nitrite in our stomach reacts with gastric contents, forming nitric oxide which may have many beneficial effects. (5, 6)

In general, the bulk of the science suggests that nitrates and nitrites are not problematic and may even be beneficial to health. Critical reviews of the original evidence suggesting that nitrates/nitrites are carcinogenic reveals that in the absence of co-administration of a carcinogenic nitrosamine precursor, there is no evidence for carcinogenesis. (7) Newly published prospective studies show no association between estimated intake of nitrite and nitrite in the diet and stomach cancer. (8) Nitric oxide, formed by nitrite, has been shown to have vasodilator properties and may modulate platelet function in the human body, improving blood pressure and reducing heart attack risk. (9, 10, 11) Nitrates may also help boost the immune system and protect against pathogenic bacteria (12, 13, 14)

So what do we take from this? There’s no reason to fear nitrates and nitrites in food or supplementation

but but but, it's so much easier to believe what I want because I read it on the internet and blindly posted it without checking references. I just read an article from 1987 that said that HIV is only contractable if youre gay or an IV drug user, so I'm taking the glove off baby! Once it's written it's always true!
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

so let's have some cliffs:

* no, EpiV does not contain epistane
    * $70 retail for Max Pump is irrelevant, as nobody pays retail price anymore
    * the same ppl who are worried about Max Pump and nitrates, are in fact using it themselves
    * there is NO PROVEN correlation between nitrate/nitrite and carcinogenic response -- NONE
    ZERO
    ZIP
    ZILCH
    NADA

i think what i am trying to call here is, bullshyte
  17. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.73%

so let's have some cliffs:

* no, EpiV does not contain epistane
    * $70 retail for Max Pump is irrelevant, as nobody pays retail price anymore
    * the same ppl who are worried about Max Pump and nitrates, are in fact using it themselves
    * there is NO PROVEN correlation between nitrate/nitrite and carcinogenic response -- NONE
    ZERO
    ZIP
    ZILCH
    NADA

i think what i am trying to call here is, bullshyte
    I appreciate the information but not the attitude.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%

no attitude at all, simple clarification man

I'm just concerned about my health.
    using sound common sense and data to guide your choices, acceptable and laudable..

using outdated and poorly researched material as a guide with which to make concerned decisions on your health?
    you end up wasting all the "concern" about your health because you shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%

you kind of brought it on yourself by not asking the questions, but rather making a authoritarian statement that you mistook as fact.

if you had asked "is there a cancer risk with so high a concentration of nitrates?" you would not have been flamed
  20. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.73%

I wouldn't be asking questions about your products if I wasn't interested in them. All I ask is for courtesy and professionalism in your responses. Flaming is not necessary.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.88%

Snags just laid the "Pimp Hand" down.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%

It really bugs me when you guys get your panties in a knot.
    indeed
    Flaming is not necessary.
    no one is flaming..you seem to have a difficult time accepting valid, truthful, and up-to-date current information on industry standards, for some reason...

Just answer the question and quit throwing accusations.
    i have continued to answer your (same) questions, and remain committed to attempting to educate you in this realm of information you are so obviously mistakenly misinformed on

what more can i do, bbb?
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Maybe hook a brother up with a body massage.
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%

Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post
    Maybe hook a brother up with a body massage.
    with happy ending?
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.01%

but but but, it's so much easier to believe what I want because I read it on the internet and blindly posted it without checking references. I just read an article from 1987 that said that HIV is only contractable if youre gay or an IV drug user, so I'm taking the glove off baby! Once it's written it's always true!
    That thing about HIV isn't true. A friend of mine got HIV from a beet.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.46%

Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post
    That thing about HIV isn't true. A friend of mine got HIV from a beet.
    those beets are bad news. i heard that congress is going to enact legislation to ban all reddish purple root vegetables. Goodbye beets, radishes, purple carrots and purple sweet potatos, I'll see you in hell!
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%

i heard that congress is going to enact legislation to ban all reddish purple roots.
    it just doesn't pay to be a man anymore

28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.88%

it just can't play being a man anymore

Wow

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  29. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

those beets are bad news. i heard that congress is going to enact legislation to ban all reddish purple root vegetables. Goodbye beets, radishes, purple carrots and purple sweet potatos, I'll see you in hell!
    Ohhhh knoowwzzzz
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%

I also posted some research on nitrates in another thread and how they may be beneficial, heres the link: https://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/jspui/handle/123456789/3345
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I also posted some research on nitrates in another thread and how they may be beneficial, heres the link: https://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/jspui/handle/123456789/3345
    jiigzz always with the nice finds
    thanks buddy..i haven't run across someone who was so swashbuckled by known misinformation in a very long time (well, since the last time i visited the supplement section anyway....)
    threw my by surprise a bit; even moreso with the adamancy shown
  32. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Similar Forum Threads

1. BETA - 01 - MAX PUMP-Can one handle such pump? (BETA LOGGING)
    By EBF_2356 in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
  2. FINAFLEX Max Pump Beta be good for AZ
    By AZMIDLYF in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 01:38 PM
  3. FINAFLEX "MAX PUMP" Beta Test...
    By ScottyDoc in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 01:13 PM