It's fuggin here now old fuggers contest prep Extravaganza!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 36 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice! I am having a big steak for dinner.
    I am loving steak day, the beef I got from the butcher is so fuggin good.

Yesterday added in a couple protein balls ...

Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Ok there was some gain in power gain this morning Front squats increaed 5 lbs but they were easier than last week. I was definitely stronger on db press which also went up 5 lbs per side which is much more significant. One thing I learned though, don't do db press before push press, I had nothing left for shoulders and missed a couple reps.

Everybody was surpirsed on how much more cut I looked. I told everybody this would happen when the water left from getting rid of dairy. I also believe that I have leaned a tad and still with all that I am up a lb...

Front squat 8/8/8/12/15
    DB press 8/8/8/12/15
    Push press 7/7/7/12/15

The plan is to get some pics done this coming weekand and then I will ask the panel for their input. I believe stay the course will be the advice as things are going splendidly well...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Holy Fug look at thsi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    i just thought i'd leave this here.

ACTIVE MULTI™ is a complete multivitamin formulated to meet the demands of an active lifestyle. ACTIVE MULTI™ is built with ingredients that promote optimal wellness by working synergistically to create a healthy environment in the body.*

Powered by pTeroPure™ pterostibene and other robust ingredients like CoQ10 and Cissus Quadrangularis, ACTIVE MULTI™ boasts an all encompassing formula that can be used by both men and women to support a healthy and active lifestyle.*

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 4 Capsules
    Servings Per Container: 30
    Amount Per Serving
    %DV*
    ESSENTIAL AMINO ACID MATRIX
    L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Valine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Isoleucine, L-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Histidine, L-Tryptophan
    552 mg

SUPER ANTIOXIDANT MATRIX
    Grape Seed Extract, pTeroPureā�¢† (pterostilbene)
    60 mg

MENTAL FOCUS MATRIX
    Flax Seed, Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), Ginko Bilboa
    210 mg

LIVER DETOXIFICATION MATRIX
    N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin), Schizandra Berry
    135 mg

JOINT SUPPORT MATRIX
    Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Cissus Quadrangularis Extract, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
    275 mg

DIGESTIVE HEALTH MATRIX
    Pancreatine Enzyme, Papaya Enzyme
    110 mg

HEART SUPPORT MATRIX
    Garlic Extract, Hawthorne Berry, CoQ10
    60 mg

**Daily Value not Established | * Based on a 2,000 Calorie Diet

Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Gelatin, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    †pTeroPure is a trademark of chromaDex inc.

Amount Per Serving
    %DV*
    Vitamin A
    10,000IU
    200%

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
    300 mg
    500%

Vitamin D
    333 IU
    83%

Vitamin E
    200 IU
    667%

Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
    50 mg
    3,333%

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
    50 mg
    3,125%

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)
    50 mg
    2,500%

Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
    50 mcg
    833%

Patothenic Acid (Calcium Panthothenate)
    50 mg
    500%

Niacin (Niacinamide)
    25 mg
    125%

Biotin
    25 mcg
    8%

Folic Acid (Folate)
    50 mcg
    13%

Calcium (From Calcium Carbonate)
    250 mg
    25%

Magnesium (Magnesium Oxide)
    150 mg
    38%

Iodine (as Kelp)
    50 mcg
    33%

Zinc (As Zinc Citrate)
    10 mg
    67%

Potassium (Potassium Chloride)
    50 mg
    1%

Copper (As Copper Gluconate)
    50 mg
    3%

Chromium (As Chromium GTF)
    50 mcg
    42%

Recommended Use

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement take 1 serving (4 capsules) daily with food.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIETARY SUPPLEMENT - 120 CAPSULES WARNING: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. TO REPORT ANY ADVERSE EVENT CALL 1-800-332-1088

Consult your doctor prior to use if you have or are at risk for prostate disease, heart disease, or any other general medical condition. Consult your doctor prior to use if you are taking any other medications. All persons are advised to consult with their doctor or other medical authority before use of this or any other dietary supplement. WARNING: Avoid excessive caffeine and intake of other stimulants while using this product. Discuss possible interactions and contradictions of this dietary supplement with other medicines currently prescribed by your doctor. Do not use this product in extreme heat conditions. Monitor eating habits and ensure proper food intake during use. CAUTION: Athletes or other persons who are subject to testing for performance enhancing drugs may test positive when using dietary supplements. All persons are advised to contact their drug testing organization prior to use of this or any other dietary supplement. May not be suitable for persons under the age of 18 years old.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Ok there was some gain in power gain this morning Front squats increaed 5 lbs but they were easier than last week. I was definitely stronger on db press which also went up 5 lbs per side which is much more significant. One thing I learned though, don't do db press before push press, I had nothing left for shoulders and missed a couple reps.

Everybody was surpirsed on how much more cut I looked. I told everybody this would happen when the water left from getting rid of dairy. I also believe that I have leaned a tad and still with all that I am up a lb...

Front squat 8/8/8/12/15
    DB press 8/8/8/12/15
    Push press 7/7/7/12/15

The plan is to get some pics done this coming weekand and then I will ask the panel for their input. I believe stay the course will be the advice as things are going splendidly well...
    Nice looking workout there, always good to be up a lb and looking leaner. SOunds like 1-Alpha is doing it's thang... Just makes my wait that much harder...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Nice looking workout there, always good to be up a lb and looking leaner. SOunds like 1-Alpha is doing it's thang... Just makes my wait that much harder...
    I am thinking 550 is fully kicked in and 1-alpha .. partially. I expect there will be some really nice strenght increases coming. It is good 550 kicks in fast as my joints will be ready for the bigger increases in strength. I am doing the kind of exercises that will be condusive for documenting increases in strength and power and I should experince both with this.

I have to admit I was a bit down when I started this but my pics this coming week will demonstrate why I am not anymore. I guessed right about the water and believe I am a solid 7% and will be slightly under that by the weekend. You guys have to tell me if I am right cuz I believe in your eyes more than I do calipers so your input is going to be a tremendous influence on how I proceed after each set of pics. Others following this log feel free to chime in. I got to where I am by listening to what others have to say and I am a humble man despite my occasional bravado which I mostly do for fun.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.22%

Thumbs down ACTIVE MULTI WTF

Wow. This multi formula is atrocious.

i just thought i'd leave this here.

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 4 Capsules
    Servings Per Container: 30
    Amount Per Serving
    %DV*
    ESSENTIAL AMINO ACID MATRIX
    L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Valine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Isoleucine, L-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Histidine, L-Tryptophan
    552 mg

What is the point of pixie dusting this with free form aminos other than for label dressing? Might as well wet my finger, stick it into a container of xtend and lick it off. There are ZERO benefits to this component especially when it is being consumed with a high protein meal.

SUPER ANTIOXIDANT MATRIX
    Grape Seed Extract, pTeroPureā�¢† (pterostilbene)
    60 mg

MENTAL FOCUS MATRIX
    Flax Seed, Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), Ginko Bilboa
    210 mg

Flax seed for mental focus? Oh nelly.

LIVER DETOXIFICATION MATRIX
    N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin), Schizandra Berry
    135 mg

All terribly underdosed to have any benefits

JOINT SUPPORT MATRIX
    Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Cissus Quadrangularis Extract, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
    275 mg

Again, all terribly underdosed to have any benefits

DIGESTIVE HEALTH MATRIX
    Pancreatine Enzyme, Papaya Enzyme
    110 mg

Catalytic potency of enzymes depends on the pH and temperature. Papaya enzyme has an optimal temp of about 150 degrees. It pretty much doesn't do **** inside you. Porcine pancreatic enzymes need to be enteric coated since they get destroyed in the stomach.

HEART SUPPORT MATRIX
    Garlic Extract, Hawthorne Berry, CoQ10
    60 mg

**Daily Value not Established | * Based on a 2,000 Calorie Diet

Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Gelatin, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide

†pTeroPure is a trademark of chromaDex inc.

Amount Per Serving
    %DV*
    Vitamin A
    10,000IU
    200%

Hope this isn't pre-formed vitamin A given the audience this supplement is likely being catered to.

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
    300 mg
    500%

Vitamin D
    333 IU
    83%

Almost not even worth it since 1000 IU has been suggested to be the new RDI

Vitamin E
    200 IU
    667%

Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
    50 mg
    3,333%

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
    50 mg
    3,125%

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)
    50 mg
    2,500%

pyridoxal 5'- phosphate is superior

Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
    50 mcg
    833%

methylcobalamin is superior

Patothenic Acid (Calcium Panthothenate)
    50 mg
    500%

Niacin (Niacinamide)
    25 mg
    125%

Biotin
    25 mcg
    8%

Folic Acid (Folate)
    50 mcg
    13%

Calcium (From Calcium Carbonate)
    250 mg
    25%

Inferior bioavailablity form

Magnesium (Magnesium Oxide)
    150 mg
    38%

Inferior bioavailablity form

Iodine (as Kelp)
    50 mcg
    33%

Zinc (As Zinc Citrate)
    10 mg
    67%

Potassium (Potassium Chloride)
    50 mg
    1%

Copper (As Copper Gluconate)
    50 mg
    3%

Chromium (As Chromium GTF)
    50 mcg
    42%

Recommended Use

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement take 1 serving (4 capsules) daily with food.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  139 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

It's fuggin here now old fuggers contest prep Extravaganza!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the multi DW. Looks like il have to add another finaflex product to the ever growing stack come march.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216136-finaflex-1-andro.htmlCurrent log belowhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/redefine-nutrition/226014-getting-bigger-leaner.html#post3893348
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%
  9. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Blazin bro

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Everything is remaining solid in here! After tonight I will be pretty tight with everything but tonight is boys night out...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Once I'm on a roll I have a pretty easy time of it. Burn day though and I'm pretty hungry ... big salad plenty of fruit and about 12 oz of chicken should have me pretty full... I hope.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

Same here once I get into that zone. Snags and I chatted a bit and I decided to go back to my normal style of eating that kept me big and lean as a natural athlete. I am in a place right now that I need a disciplined and regimented diet.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Same here once I get into that zone. Snags and I chatted a bit and I decided to go back to my normal style of eating that kept me big and lean as a natural athlete. I am in a place right now that I need a disciplined and regimented diet.
    I have never had the kind of control over my physique as I do right now, would never have been able to do this on a regular diet. Those diets have always been disastrous for me.

Had a solid burn day yesterday.

Hams, Calves and arms today four sets 3 8's and a 12

Leg curls 8/8/8/12
    Calf Raise 8/8/8/12
    Obar curl 8/8/8/12
    Decline tri ext 8/8/8/12

Then will do 7 sets of 8 light preachers short rest periods.
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%

Lean Gains?

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Lean Gains?

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    He's going off lean gains.

Ok fuggers ... it's on!! Weight feeling very light this morning
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.74%

Killin it as always DW. Interesting diet and meal timing. I would need some Pro Xanthine (stuff murders my appetite) on the 1 or 2 meal days. But I'm a hungry little ecto.

And the multi.. I want it.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    Killin it as always DW. Interesting diet and meal timing. I would need some Pro Xanthine (stuff murders my appetite) on the 1 or 2 meal days. But I'm a hungry little ecto.

And the multi.. I want it.
    Yah Lean gains is not for ecto's very endo specific if you ask me.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

I have messed around with Carb Back Loading. If you havn't read the book it is worth looking at. Keifer advocates 12-14 hour fast and consumption of Coffee and MCT or Coconut Oil only before breaking your fast. All meals pre workout are Very Low Carb and High fat. PWO you can use a supp. or use his formula with Coffee, MCT or Coco Oil, Creatine, etc. Works pretty good I would add Beta Alanine for the tingle effect.

PWO is when you get to have fun. Immediately after intense workout you need around 50 grams of Simple Carb. I use Dextrose. Then you continue to eat a normal balanced meal, low fat. And continue to carb up. The part people don't like is he suggests simple "dirty" carbs. Also what alot of people like. Personally I kept total carbs way below what Keifer suggests at around 200 g. The diet works and people report how easy it becomes to follow. I use it as the template for my diet. Except I usually train later and eat dinner before I train.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

For those of you that can't take the hunger while fasting try drinking coffee. It works for me every time.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

I have done some protocols that are similar. This is the best for my lifestyle and I can stay lean year round. I know that it;s not likely a big gainer type diet that I run but I really don't have gaining issues.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

Yeah the science behind that is pretty good. If I worked out in the evening I would give it a shot but it is not optimal for someone who works out in the morning.
  22. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%

Yeah the science behind that is pretty good. If I worked out in the evening I would give it a shot but it is not optimal for someone who works out in the morning.
    Same conclusion I have come too bro...

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Yah I was thinking that.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

When is your next show again, or are you just getting contest ripped for the hell of it?
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

see, i follow IF and am bulking, i feel like i am not getting the same size gains i would if i wastn following just becasue of what i read. At the same tiem i am making some reall ynice gains for the first time in a while, plus, i REALLY like to eat alot, and i feel like IF lets you get awaywith some crap like i eat a decent amount o ben and jerrys ice cream and poptarts and think im doin pretty good, im just afraid i coudl be making better progress on a regular diet? what do you think? maybe jsut ahve a few more meals in the IF window?
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    see, i follow IF and am bulking, i feel like i am not getting the same size gains i would if i wastn following just becasue of what i read. At the same tiem i am making some reall ynice gains for the first time in a while, plus, i REALLY like to eat alot, and i feel like IF lets you get awaywith some crap like i eat a decent amount o ben and jerrys ice cream and poptarts and think im doin pretty good, im just afraid i coudl be making better progress on a regular diet? what do you think? maybe jsut ahve a few more meals in the IF window?
    Are you still 150 lbs at 69"? If so then just eat. A lot
    Independent Review
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    When is your next show again, or are you just getting contest ripped for the hell of it?
    I may go to one here May 11th this whole process has me peaking on that date so I am about 50/50 right now. Depends on how things go.

IF is better for easy gainers if you ask me. I can get more out of it in a bulk situation cuz I can really put the grub away. The other factor for me is I do not need a large calorie surplus to make serous gains, nor should I ever be in a large calorie surplus for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Are you still 150 lbs at 69"? If so then just eat. A lot
    Yah IF is more for endo's I keep saying. If you are under 200 lbs you are either very cut or you are no endo, generally speaking
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.2%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

i REALLY like to eat alot, and i feel like IF lets you get awaywith some crap like i eat a decent amount o ben and jerrys ice cream and poptarts and think im doin pretty good?
    another MAJOR problem i have, with majority of ppl who practice this (irregardless of any goal)..
    that mentality is not conducive to hitting on all cylinders. period.
    'it lets me eat crap'
    no. quality micros of your macros WILL ALWAYS be a better option, regardless of whatever dietary protocol you wish to follow..
    if you are following a plan because it lets you feel good about making weak dietary choices, you have defeated the purposes of the plan, and do not think like a bodybuilder who wants to continue making musculature gains, but rather simply another joe who doesn't understand dietary discretion

i am not being callous or pointed to you personally man, because a LOT of ppl share that view..
    it is not conducive to your goals to think that way, and never will be
    period
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

If you look in the IF thread a trend you will see is a lot like what you see here with me. Going from normal to IF for a while loving the freedom of it, leaning up some while eating poorer food choices then when they go on a bulk they revert back to 4-6 meals a day. If your main goal is to gain as much lean body mass as possible then that is what you should be doing. Doug is a different story he is on a perpetual recomp, and when he is on anabolics he grows well with his plan. He is also at a point where he is trying to refine his size and work on balance instead of just worrying about size.

They guys I will be competing with are all pretty big and thick so if I want to be competitive I need to be bigger everywhere, and ripped to shreds.

If Martin Berkham is your idea of the ideal physique then IF is great, however he even admits he did not gain most of his size on IF he gained it before then then refined it.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.74%

I gotta agree there. Quality is more important than anything when it comes to diet imo.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    another MAJOR problem i have, with majority of ppl who practice this (irregardless of any goal)..
    'it lets me eat crap'
    no. quality micros of your macros WILL ALWAYS be a better option, regardless of whatever dietary protocol you wish to follow..
    if you are following a plan because it lets you feel good about making weak dietary choices, you have defeated the purposes of the plan, and do not think like a bodybuilder who wants to continue making musculature gains, but rather simply another joe who doesn't understand dietary discretion

i am not being callous or pointed to you personally man, because a LOT of ppl share that view..
    period
    Depends...Carbbackloading works under the premise that you eat "crap" carbs. I've seen results of those who follow it correctly and it works. I have trouble with it because I just can't eat all that crap. The idea of eating candy or pastries sounds fine but actually doing it doesn't work for me. But again, CBL is ultra low carb up until PWO and then their is a slim window to get carbs. Not just eating crap. And the premise is the simpler the carbs the quicker your body clears then and insulin level decrease. One big spike shuttling into your muscles. I like the idea but most people do not follow the protocol and confuse it with IF or leangains.

I personally could not eat enough in the small window for CBL to get a positive gain in mass. I could lose fat because the first part of the day is either fasted or Ultra Low Carb.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    'it lets me eat crap'

period
    A lot of what you are saying is right on the money, if you look at my diet 95% of what I eat would be good choices on any dietary regimen. That changes with the situation of course and as I continue that will become more strict. That being said you can get away with a bit more on this diet but you cannot use that as a excuse to eat a lot of crap on a regular basis. You will notice that when I treat myself it's with things that a lot of people would not even consider treats. I do because I can't eat them all the time. Take my power balls for instance oats, honey, natural pb and protein powder is all they are. Stil they are so calorie dense it's hard to work them into my daily diet so they become my treats. The other thing I use is fruit. I have one meal out and it's usually chicken swarma's which are mostly chicken and vegtables on a pita.

So yes you still have to eat almost all the same foods as on any other diet if you want to progress. If you have to eat a lot of calories to make gains though, you'd be better off doing some other diet plan. Again this diet is for efficient body types.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmitty View Post
    Depends...Carbbackloading works under the premise that you eat "crap" carbs. I've seen results of those who follow it correctly and it works. I have trouble with it because I just can't eat all that crap. The idea of eating candy or pastries sounds fine but actually doing it doesn't work for me. But again, CBL is ultra low carb up until PWO and then their is a slim window to get carbs. Not just eating crap. And the premise is the simpler the carbs the quicker your body clears then and insulin level decrease. One big spike shuttling into your muscles. I like the idea but most people do not follow the protocol and confuse it with IF or leangains.

I personally could not eat enough in the small window for CBL to get a positive gain in mass. I could lose fat because the first part of the day is either fasted or Ultra Low Carb.
    Yah I have tried that and it did help me lose faster but I felt like crap for 2 days after eating all that junk.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

When I bulk, or have bulked, I ate all day. Not just a set number of meals. I ate breakfast had two or three snack times before lunch. Gorged at lunch, had a couple snacks before WO, Had dinner, Protein Shake, Snacks, Pre Bed time snack, bed time snack.

I only had one big meal a day but I ate or took a supp all day. I blew up easily to 260. I just wish I was using more volume when I did this. I would have added much more muscle than I did on 531.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Yah I have tried that and it did help me lose faster but I felt like crap for 2 days after eating all that junk.
    Yeah the bloat is bad. I used white rice and potatoes and it helped. But i rarely ate more than 300 g of Carbs.
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

If you look in the IF thread a trend you will see is a lot like what you see here with me. Going from normal to IF for a while loving the freedom of it, leaning up some while eating poorer food choices then when they go on a bulk they revert back to 4-6 meals a day. If your main goal is to gain as much lean body mass as possible then that is what you should be doing. Doug is a different story he is on a perpetual recomp, and when he is on anabolics he grows well with his plan. He is also at a point where he is trying to refine his size and work on balance instead of just worrying about size.

They guys I will be competing with are all pretty big and thick so if I want to be competitive I need to be bigger everywhere, and ripped to shreds.

If Martin Berkham is your idea of the ideal physique then IF is great, however he even admits he did not gain most of his size on IF he gained it before then then refined it.
    Yah I don't really know what I can gain on LG but I think I could cram in quite a bit more food so I bet I could gain fairly well being that I gain pretty easy. Still I would have to eat quite high quality. You can concoct stuff that tastes pretty good with really high quality foods as long as you have the caloric latitude to do so.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

Yeah the bloat is bad. I used white rice and potatoes and it helped. But i rarely ate more than 300 g of Carbs.
    I did the one where you jam 2000 grams in, in 24 hours.. fuggin brutal. It was fun for about 30 minutes.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.94%

When I bulk, or have bulked, I ate all day. Not just a set number of meals. I ate breakfast had two or three snack times before lunch. Gorged at lunch, had a couple snacks before WO, Had dinner, Protein Shake, Snacks, Pre Bed time snack, bed time snack.

I only had one big meal a day but I ate or took a supp all day. I blew up easily to 260. I just wish I was using more volume when I did this. I would have added much more muscle than I did on 531.
    Bulking is just a bad idea for me, I even have to be very careful in a lean bulk.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

I did the one where you jam 2000 grams in, in 24 hours.. fuggin brutal. It was fun for about 30 minutes.
    Damn. Thats crazy. Was that from the book? Under the strength accumulation I was supposed to eat 800-900g PWO which for me would be about 1.5-2 hrs before bed. Just was too much for me. CBL works best when you can train from about 3-6 in the afternoon. So you have time to get the carbs in.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 312
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 06:09 PM
  2. Replies: 662
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 11:38 AM
  3. 007martin his here now
    By 007 martin in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 11:32 PM
  4. I'll kick it off in here!
    By Giantz11 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 38