It's fuggin here now old fuggers contest prep Extravaganza!!!!!!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
couple egg whites + 1tbs heavy whipping cream + powder = thick & tasty shake ;)

raw whites can be added to any shake, nice protein source addition

I don't nuke my eggs tho, prefer stovetop

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Egg whites are getting boring so I tried nuking them and they came out pretty fluffy really omellette like ...wait did I say omellette!!! Ok recipe idea time of course bell pepperd and you can throw in some cooked yams or ground beef.

What about egg white shakes ? Anybody have some good ideas...?
If you want egg white shakes you need to by them in a carton. Without heat being applied to some degree they can cause a biotin deficiency. The avidin in them binds to biotin and iron, and b vitamins in general making them unusable. Heat deactivates the avidin so it can not bind to these important minerals. . Either cook them or buy All whites which are pasteurized enough to deactivate a lot of the avidin in them. Now if you add a couple yolks then you are good with the raw because the yolks have a lot of biotin in them which basically neutralizes the avidin.

That being said the yolks don't change the flavor much so anything is pretty good. Vanilla and cinnamon in an egg shake is good. Add an apple if you want.
Bananas go well. Just depends on what you want in there.

So when are you going to start the new log Mang???

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
meh, I think you're overthinking things on the whites/avidin/biotin issue brah :shrug:
I mean, it's not like anyone is living solely off raw egg whites in mass quantities, getting no other protein sources in their diet..also levels of biotin for the guy who eats correctly and takes multi or supps with that included - you're into splitting some serious hair follicles now...

really only need to nuke them (and only for short few seconds) is if you are concerned about salmonella - which is like unheard of anymore, practically speaking, and attributed more to sourcing than egg whites in general

whatever floats your boat tho

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
meh, I think you're overthinking things on the whites/avidin/biotin issue brah :shrug:
I mean, it's not like anyone is living solely off raw egg whites in mass quantities, getting no other protein sources in their diet..also levels of biotin for the guy who eats correctly and takes multi or supps with that included - you're into splitting some serious hair follicles now...

really only need to nuke them (and only for short few seconds) is if you are concerned about salmonella - which is like unheard of anymore, practically speaking, and attributed more to sourcing than egg whites in general

whatever floats your boat tho
Oh Yeah! Well PPPPLLLLBBBBTTTT!!!!!! :rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp::rasp:

How's that for a retort? LMAO I have been known to split a hair once in a while. Maybe that is where they all went...

Me I am not too overly into eggs as a main source of protein. I mean I have them but eating as many as required for my protein intake in even one meal and I start to want to puke well before I am finished with them. It's a consistency thing. I do what you do and mix them with a meat source most of the time.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
ahahaa, too funny :p
agreed on mixing & matching - if there is one theme you will see in the majority of my meals, it is constant variety of protein sources
every single meal (if I can), I am always mixing something with another
big WIN! :hammer:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want egg white shakes you need to by them in a carton. Without heat being applied to some degree they can cause a biotin deficiency. The avidin in them binds to biotin and iron, and b vitamins in general making them unusable. Heat deactivates the avidin so it can not bind to these important minerals. . Either cook them or buy All whites which are pasteurized enough to deactivate a lot of the avidin in them. Now if you add a couple yolks then you are good with the raw because the yolks have a lot of biotin in them which basically neutralizes the avidin.

That being said the yolks don't change the flavor much so anything is pretty good. Vanilla and cinnamon in an egg shake is good. Add an apple if you want.
Bananas go well. Just depends on what you want in there.

So when are you going to start the new log Mang???
Should be this weekend.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use all the meats under the sun but my macros have me eating pretty high protein so egg whites are handy... Yah I make extensive use of carton egg whites.