It's fuggin here now old fuggers contest prep Extravaganza!!!!!!!

Page 27 of 47 First ... 2526272829 ... Last

  1. aye - i'm partially trying to light a fire under your a$$ my friend!

    slow & steady yes - but along with that, comes the learned judgement of when to have a refeed day, and when to put them away..there is a difference between a carb-up meal, and a refeed day..you are in no position for further refeed days
    i have no clue what you did this past week, but imo you went from being fairly on track, to a bit behind

    also - we talked about getting out of the LG protocol a long time ago; you wanted to wait until now, and still are slow-transitioning it..

    along with these changes, comes the mentality and mindset of what you are thinking about - you still are thinking strength in your training, not cuts let alone striations! again with the refeeds - it is the common mentality for guys to want to stay "full" - you feel you look better, and you feel better, but this does not further your ultimate goals in fact hinders them..

    the posing: you cannot know, what you don't know
    you can practice all day long, but if you don't understand the proper techniques, you will do nothing but practice erroneously
    the flaws you have are big - from the issue of setting your legs and base properly, on up
    you cannot correct these, unless you learn what you are doing wrong! if you cannot afford a coach, then you need to search online for a complete how-to vid that teaches the basics..they are out there, in fact couple of the pros have in-depth how-to's if you search for them..coach would be the very best way to go, but i understand budget
    i've told you before -posing correctly is hard! it is no joke

    some of these things just frustrate me, because i don't care to be repetitive
    but i also want to see you smoke this, and be your best up on stage


  2. Doug, I assume you are watching the posing videos on the web, bb.com has several videos and so does Youtube. Since you don't have a coach my biggest recommendation to you would be to video your posing then watch it, just have one of the audience video it on your phone. Give yourself audible cues as to what you are doing during that part of the pose then try something different and state what you are trying in the video. This will tell you exactly what you are doing and you will able to say Hey that is the best i look right there doing that. Or whoah I thought I was doing that right but man was I off.

    If you don't have the money just video it, you can put it on youtube and we can help critique it. If you don't want the world looking at it make it private and only give access to those whom you want to see it. I may not have gotten my posing perfect doing it this way but it was the second best thing to having a coach.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    aye - i'm partially trying to light a fire under your a$$ my friend!

    slow & steady yes - but along with that, comes the learned judgement of when to have a refeed day, and when to put them away..there is a difference between a carb-up meal, and a refeed day..you are in no position for further refeed days
    i have no clue what you did this past week, but imo you went from being fairly on track, to a bit behind

    also - we talked about getting out of the LG protocol a long time ago; you wanted to wait until now, and still are slow-transitioning it..

    along with these changes, comes the mentality and mindset of what you are thinking about - you still are thinking strength in your training, not cuts let alone striations! again with the refeeds - it is the common mentality for guys to want to stay "full" - you feel you look better, and you feel better, but this does not further your ultimate goals in fact hinders them..

    the posing: you cannot know, what you don't know
    you can practice all day long, but if you don't understand the proper techniques, you will do nothing but practice erroneously
    the flaws you have are big - from the issue of setting your legs and base properly, on up
    you cannot correct these, unless you learn what you are doing wrong! if you cannot afford a coach, then you need to search online for a complete how-to vid that teaches the basics..they are out there, in fact couple of the pros have in-depth how-to's if you search for them..coach would be the very best way to go, but i understand budget

    some of these things just frustrate me, because i don't care to be repetitive
    but i also want to see you smoke this, and be your best up on stage
    Yah I have used posing vids in the past for certain poses, I'll do my best, any you recommend would be good.

    I actually did get leaner, maybe you don't see that in the pics but I am seeing some leaning. I am going to do just the meal then and not too harsh. Actually thining of treating friday just like any other workout day but a few more carbs is all. Yah I like that and I will clean it up. I like yams Incidently I am drainig the local supply and will have to search other stores for decent yams.

    Oh remember I increased my sodium intake so that might have bearing on my pics but I have veins in my fireakin hips now, and in my lower abs.

    I have already changed a few things this week so with some of the other changes I should be solid.

    I am feeling better this week more energy that flu had me reeling a bit. I was doing my workouts but was tough to do the extras.

    My weights are low now no power movements left, all isolation the tempo can go .. I like fast I will still be doing some extra lat work and maybe some chest on the weekends. My lats were cramping for all the extra posing though so will have to play that one by ear.

    Steve I was born with a burner under my azz I just didn't know it was time to turn up the heat as I was seeing things a bit different, besides the posing we are both in agreement about that.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  4. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Doug, I assume you are watching the posing videos on the web, bb.com has several videos and so does Youtube. Since you don't have a coach my biggest recommendation to you would be to video your posing then watch it, just have one of the audience video it on your phone. Give yourself audible cues as to what you are doing during that part of the pose then try something different and state what you are trying in the video. This will tell you exactly what you are doing and you will able to say Hey that is the best i look right there doing that. Or whoah I thought I was doing that right but man was I off.

    If you don't have the money just video it, you can put it on youtube and we can help critique it. If you don't want the world looking at it make it private and only give access to those whom you want to see it. I may not have gotten my posing perfect doing it this way but it was the second best thing to having a coach.
    Yah I used to do that with my old coach.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  5. yeah maybe it was just the refeed you had - pics prior to that were looking better, imo

    anyway, here's a pretty good vid (hate that i have to use that site tho LOL)

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pose.htm
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah maybe it was just the refeed you had - pics prior to that were looking better, imo

    anyway, here's a pretty good vid (hate that i have to use that site tho LOL)

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pose.htm
    Thanks Steve they do have good vids though, There exercise database is damn good.

    Which pics did you think I looked worse. I see a lot of them where I look leaner but some maybe not so much maybe I want to make sure it's the refeed.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  7. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Which pics did you think I looked worse. I see a lot of them where I look leaner but some maybe not so much maybe I want to make sure it's the refeed.
    the first set of pics in the gym, looking good..
    the next set (practice pics) it looked like you had refeed prior..if you were salting everything too, this could explain the immense water i see
    next set of practice pics looked better, but imo these looked like regression/stagnancy from previous week
    i'd like to see you focus on leaning all the time going forward..shrinking the skin, tightening things up
    conditioning is going to rule the day - you're big enuff, no need to worry about muscle content

  8. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    the first set of pics in the gym, looking good..
    the next set (practice pics) it looked like you had refeed prior..if you were salting everything too, this could explain the immense water i see
    next set of practice pics looked better, but imo these looked like regression/stagnancy from previous week
    i'd like to see you focus on leaning all the time going forward..shrinking the skin, tightening things up
    conditioning is going to rule the day - you're big enuff, no need to worry about muscle content
    The first set were the morning after my refeed and pumped up, much more muscle volume.

    The next pics were right after dinner and I had eaten a fair amount and salted my meat well.

    Again next pics right after dinner and not as much to eat but yah too close to pic time, so that's what happened . Yah the lighting is way different there too. I can only use the facility at certain times and on the weekend that is closing at 6pm so I would have been fairly bloated from big meals just prior. Makes posing difficult too. Tonight is 8 pm so that gives me some time after dinner. So it wasn't the refeed after all it was the meal right before... good eye though. That's why you have my ear boddy. I am a very humble man I know you are the man to listen to.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  9. Steve it we're going to compare one week to the next just go with the gym pics (first set) as they are consistant right across the board. Always carbed the night before and pumped. That way we can always judge progress.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  10. i've got my eye on your lower back..that is telltale
    let's shrink that down
    you shouldn't be "carbed up" any longer..carbs added only as needed, not on a schedule

  11. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i've got my eye on your lower back..that is telltale
    let's shrink that down
    you shouldn't be "carbed up" any longer..carbs added only as needed, not on a schedule
    Ok you know I"m a bit ocd so how much would be acceptable, right now I am really low on nwd's so that's no problem but on workout days I am about 170 grams, which isn't excessive. No extra carbs on friday's is that what were talking about ? So keep them under 200 then as well ?
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  12. Here's today...


    These meals were and are going to be split up more I am eating 10am 12noon 2pm 6pm today so 4 meals...a pretty typical workout day with the adjustments.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  13. no extra carbs on friday, that is correct
    and you don't need 170g carb every w/o day either..maybe implement a carb rotation for awhile
    175/125/75/repeat
    let's take cals down a smidge as well..level them out, more consistency
    ie, no 3000 cal day, followed by a 2100 cal day, or 1700 cals, or whatever you are doing
    more consistent and set pattern, 2500 or something, daily

  14. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no extra carbs on friday, that is correct
    and you don't need 170g carb every w/o day either..maybe implement a carb rotation for awhile
    175/125/75/repeat
    let's take cals down a smidge as well..level them out, more consistency
    ie, no 3000 cal day, followed by a 2100 cal day, or 1700 cals, or whatever you are doing
    more consistent and set pattern, 2500 or something, daily
    Yah ahead of you on the calorie cut will even the days out a bit too. I have some room to work with.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  15. also:

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    These meals were and are going to be split up more I am eating 10am 12noon 2pm 6pm today so 4 meals...a pretty typical workout day with the adjustments.
    not quite what i meant..you still have the LG philosophy, trying to eat all your food in an 8hr timespan
    lose it
    think flipping it around..divide all your feedings fairly evenly over the entire time you will be awake
    so instead of 8 feeding/16 fast, you are now 16 eating/8 fast
    doesn't exactly work out this way, but you get my point
    your feeding are still spaced too close together
    the more meals you eat, the smaller you can make your carb portions per feeding as well..this will stabilize insulin levels and blood sugar

  16. Okay looks like we are getting things nailed down here. Let's keep an eye on this going forward, you are close but it is full steam ahead from now until show time if you want to go in peeled. Those vids he suggested are good, this is a good DVD set here that I have. http://www.bodybuildingreviews.net/v...eLikeaPro.html that is the review for it, it is Pose Like a Pro with Rusty Jeffers. Between this one, the Perfect Posing DVD, and the posing stuff on BB.com you can find most of what you want each one has a few things in it that you can pick up on.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    also:

    not quite what i meant..you still have the LG philosophy, trying to eat all your food in an 8hr timespan
    lose it
    think flipping it around..divide all your feedings fairly evenly over the entire time you will be awake
    so instead of 8 feeding/16 fast, you are now 16 eating/8 fast
    doesn't exactly work out this way, but you get my point
    your feeding are still spaced too close together
    the more meals you eat, the smaller you can make your carb portions per feeding as well..this will stabilize insulin levels and blood sugar
    The eating can be spaced out more I can start as early as 8:30 am as I work out am fasted and end at around 8pm cuz I am in bed by 9 so over 12 hours. Some days I can start earlier like at 7am. I did a lot of work on the diet already still need to tweek it some. Carbs 150-160 100-10 then 50-60. Protein 300-325 across the board the fat rolls with the carbs of course.

    I am glad we are taking the cals down as this style of eating may not burn the same way. I think LG may allow you to eat more. Good guess on the 2500 as that is in fact the average cals and about 250 cals a day below maintenance based on my current activity level.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  18. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no extra carbs on friday, that is correct
    and you don't need 170g carb every w/o day either..maybe implement a carb rotation for awhile
    175/125/75/repeat
    let's take cals down a smidge as well..level them out, more consistency
    ie, no 3000 cal day, followed by a 2100 cal day, or 1700 cals, or whatever you are doing
    more consistent and set pattern, 2500 or something, daily
    I completely agree with this^^^. Lean gains can only get you so far. I was concerned with how you would implement it into a contest prep especially as the weeks drew closer to the show. Time for consistency and carb cycling.
    Independent Review

  19. Agree as well, I can't understand how a LG approach would work for prep. I'm not going to beat a dead horse though. You are doing great DW. I am interested in hearing snags' response to you adjusting carbs and fats. I assume you mean when carbs drop fats go up? I'm also 7 weeks out and my fats stay fairly low no matter where my carbs are. I'm not much over 50g tops.

    My only advice is to immediately ditch the LG approach and implement a carb cycle with 6 meals 2-3 hours apart or something similar.

    Aside from this you look freaking awesome DW keep at it and listen to snags and Kleen.
    Independent

  20. yes fats should remain constant, make up the difference in protein
    the carb rotation you specified DW is fine, you can even roll with 150/100/50 if you wish

  21. Yes this needs to be said. Please don't take our criticism as trash talk. You are doing great work Doug and its not like you're a newbie at this, so... Keep up the good work!
    Independent Review

  22. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Yes this needs to be said. Please don't take our criticism as trash talk. You are doing great work Doug and its not like you're a newbie at this, so... Keep up the good work!
    Totally agree here as well. Just trying to help is all Doug. You are looking great as I've always said, big improvements from last year.

    Just would hate to see you not come in in peak form after all you've done bud. Keep at it!
    Independent

  23. Come leaps and bounds since last yr
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  24. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yes fats should remain constant, make up the difference in protein
    the carb rotation you specified DW is fine, you can even roll with 150/100/50 if you wish
    I am pretty close to that and yah fats roll with the carbs to keep consistant cal count...I am pretty familiar with this dieting style not my first time through this.

    Did some vids last night, in some respects better than I though, my back can't be touched but I do find I am pinching too far back, lots of issues with the front relaxed pose and front lat and I have made good strides with my side poses. I watched the video Steve gave me. I have it on my media center now. We are all watching it and we go over my vids and we will talk about the mistakes. This is a real team effort. I have to train their eyes though. When I make my improvements I will start getting some feedback from others. I just want to get it into a place where I am more satisfied. Hek I am not even really in posing shape yet. It's a fug of a workout.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  25. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Yes this needs to be said. Please don't take our criticism as trash talk. You are doing great work Doug and its not like you're a newbie at this, so... Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Totally agree here as well. Just trying to help is all Doug. You are looking great as I've always said, big improvements from last year.

    Just would hate to see you not come in in peak form after all you've done bud. Keep at it!
    Yah this is what this thread is about. I am a humble guy and know that contest prep is a weak spot. I used to have somebody that helped me but he's in another city.

    All good advice guys all adjustments are made, vids are being taken and watched. Diet is stellar ... mood is in nasty kickass mode ... check!!!

    Let this be a lesson to everybody without humility threre is no way to learn. When I share what I am doing it's for somebody to come up and tell me what I am doing wrong. LG should have probably ended a week ago. That's ok I will be caught up by this weekend.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  26. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I am pretty close to that and yah fats roll with the carbs to keep consistant cal count...
    what do you mean, fats roll with the carbs?
    Hek I am not even really in posing shape yet. It's a fug of a workout.
    yes, it is
    the downfall of many a competitor, not just proper technique, but the conditioned ability to hold those poses for long, extended timeframes..there is nothing easy, about posing

  27. Good Doug. I knew you were a humble guy, as am I, this group of guys is a great group to learn from.

    I along with snags, am still assuming you mean your fats go up when carbs go down ? I would keep them the same no matter where carbs are and when carbs go down make up the diff in protein NOT fat.
    Independent

  28. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    what do you mean, fats roll with the carbs?
    Carbs go down fats go up to make up the difference. Carbs go up fats go down.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  29. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    I along with snags, am still assuming you mean your fats go up when carbs go down ? I would keep them the same no matter where carbs are and when carbs go down make up the diff in protein NOT fat.
    this, douglas
    the tactic you mention has it's place, but not now

  30. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    this, douglas
    the tactic you mention has it's place, but not now
    Ok it's been a while for this kind of dieting, in the past I kept fats low yes.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 312
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 07:09 PM
  2. Replies: 662
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 12:38 PM
  3. 007martin his here now
    By 007 martin in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 12:32 AM
  4. I'll kick it off in here!
    By Giantz11 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 07:56 PM
  5. buyb12 makes it easy...buy here
    By buyb12 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Log in
Log in