It's fuggin here now old fuggers contest prep Extravaganza!!!!!!!

Page 23 of 47 First ... 2122232425 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Kickin butt DW. Are you concerned about being so sore and having taxed your CNS?
    being concerned about CNS issues in prep? it need not exist
    we all beat our CNS up during a good hard prep, it is what it is
    plenty of time to recover later

2. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    being concerned about CNS issues in prep? it need not exist
    we all beat our CNS up during a good hard prep, it is what it is
    plenty of time to recover later
    Yah I'm taking a pounding, enjoynng it so far though. It's amazing what the body will take, you sure you're not going to be able to recover enough for the next round... but you do. Some days are better than others. Most have been stellar for me lately, the better I do in the gym the tougher the recovery but I live the tight hard feeling it gives me.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

3. I don't really think you can make it through a contest prep without ending up in overtraining. Simple nerves alone can tax the CNS just from the stress of what you are doing and the pressure of the show. To decide to get down to an unhealthy body fat level as well as the training and diet it takes to get there puts an ungodly amount of stress on the system. It is just something you learn to accept as part of the sport.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I don't really think you can make it through a contest prep without ending up in overtraining. Simple nerves alone can tax the CNS just from the stress of what you are doing and the pressure of the show. To decide to get down to an unhealthy body fat level as well as the training and diet it takes to get there puts an ungodly amount of stress on the system. It is just something you learn to accept as part of the sport.
    Agreed. The bet way to lean out to the max is thru overtraining. It may seem counterproductive but it works. Even if you're looking for a good beach body while on vacation but want to eat some questionable meals and drinks your best bet is to overtrain the week prior to going on said vacation. It'll hurt but it'll show your hard work and great physique.
    Independent Review

5. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I don't really think you can make it through a contest prep without ending up in overtraining. Simple nerves alone can tax the CNS just from the stress of what you are doing and the pressure of the show. To decide to get down to an unhealthy body fat level as well as the training and diet it takes to get there puts an ungodly amount of stress on the system. It is just something you learn to accept as part of the sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Agreed. The bet way to lean out to the max is thru overtraining. It may seem counterproductive but it works. Even if you're looking for a good beach body while on vacation but want to eat some questionable meals and drinks your best bet is to overtrain the week prior to going on said vacation. It'll hurt but it'll show your hard work and great physique.
    True enough but be starting off in decent shape and avoiding fire fighting you can minimize it somewhat, but we are basically type "A" so we will likely push it anyways. The length of time you are in extreme mode can be shorter though. It's like when to kick it when your in a long race. That time is going to come but you want to wait till you know you can finish at your peak. I may be able to wait till the last few weeks to kick it which is a lot better than fighting it all the way through.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    True enough but be starting off in decent shape and avoiding fire fighting you can minimize it somewhat, but we are basically type "A" so we will likely push it anyways. The length of time you are in extreme mode can be shorter though. It's like when to kick it when your in a long race. That time is going to come but you want to wait till you know you can finish at your peak. I may be able to wait till the last few weeks to kick it which is a lot better than fighting it all the way through.
    This is a very good post. Too many people overdo it once or twice, or underdo it. This explains nicely to know your threshold without exceeding it too far. Well said.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    This is a very good post. Too many people overdo it once or twice, or underdo it. This explains nicely to know your threshold without exceeding it too far. Well said.
    Thanks, one of the purposes of this log is to get the feedback I need to know when to make the adjustments I need to make. Done properly I may be able to cruise very close to where I need to be come crunch time. Yah I will be fighting the fatigue at times.

8. Another burn day done... I find myself feeling just a bit hungry here and there, nothing too crazy...

Cardiovascular Minutes Calories Burned
    Walking, 4.0 mph, very brisk pace 100 775

9. I forgot to weigh in, was in a hurry had to give a demo this morning...

Workout was nuggin futs, pushed to the max very good performance across the board and my body is screaming... all I needed was to here from Steve to not worry about my CNS, I was just looking for an excuse to abuse mysefl Felt a bit queasy here and there...

10. Looking good Doug. Keep doin work !!!
    Independent Review

11. Yeah you just keep on cruising in with the minor but consistent changes and you will be show ready a few weeks out that is what you want to be basically be in a holding pattern for peak week so all you have to do is repeat what you have been doing to come in at your peak.
    Current Training Log -

12. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Looking good Doug. Keep doin work !!!
    Yah I don't think I can stop anyhow...

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah you just keep on cruising in with the minor but consistent changes and you will be show ready a few weeks out that is what you want to be basically be in a holding pattern for peak week so all you have to do is repeat what you have been doing to come in at your peak.
    I have been doig some reading and that is what I like most. You don't need to change what you eat that much during peak week if you are in the condition you should be in. You lower protein enough to accomodate the extra carbs and you don't got that high on carbs no more than 3 times what you would eat normally and that would be like on the 3rd day. Something like 200 300 then 400 grams, depending on what your normal carb level is. Lots of time to think things over.

13. Makes sense to me what he says ... http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layn...-episodes.html lots of sensible info here.

14. I do mini practice runs 2 weeks prior then 1 week. Deplete then load each time
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

15. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    I do mini practice runs 2 weeks prior then 1 week. Deplete then load each time
    Yah he front loads so that he has time to make adjustments. Basically it's business as usual besides that. No sodium or water depletion, no duretics... keep taking your supps.

16. You still looking at SkipLoading, or does Layne have something new you are looking into. I need to go read up on the article you linked.
    Current Training Log -

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    You still looking at SkipLoading, or does Layne have something new you are looking into. I need to go read up on the article you linked.
    No he doesn't like tricks, thinks a lot like Steve. I am liking what I here though. I'm fuggn tired of tricks. Time to bite the bullet, get in shape and take a more conservative approach.

18. Wow that was a lot to take in at once but all caught up. I like his cleaner approach but still using the front loading method.
    Current Training Log -

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Wow that was a lot to take in at once but all caught up. I like his cleaner approach but still using the front loading method.
    Yah he ramps up the carbs conservatively and when he gets where he wants he ramps them down to more normal levels...

20. Goes along with what most successful coaches I know of say. Get in great condition and there is no need to do tricks. Just walk on stage looking like a beast. I still think about week 4 you should walk through this peak week process and get your own timeline with his methods.
    Current Training Log -

21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Goes along with what most successful coaches I know of say. Get in great condition and there is no need to do tricks. Just walk on stage looking like a beast. I still think about week 4 you should walk through this peak week process and get your own timeline with his methods.
    Yah once I get my conditioning set up I will be fine with that. Things look good so far.

22. I made my rice pudding with almond milk, it's really fuggin good, did a couple yams and spiced them up and will eat a pint of egg whites with that. Should be pretty good, nice clean carb up. Will likely add a couple bananas. Can't wait the body is hungry ... I fuggin trashed it today...tore it the fug up as it were

23. Nice let's see how it works out for you. Are we on to weekly pics or is that next time around?
    Current Training Log -

24. Me personally as lean and big as you are I would take as many pics as I could.
    Current Training Log -

25. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Goes along with what most successful coaches I know of say. Get in great condition and there is no need to do tricks. Just walk on stage looking like a beast. I still think about week 4 you should walk through this peak week process and get your own timeline with his methods.
    purrfekt chris
    and all that "tricks" ppl pull out are twofold reasons:
    first - because they simply weren't LEAN ENUFF! and so looking for that "something" that will "hide" what they couldn't "eliminate"
    second - well just like all the bullcrap misinformation that exists in supplementation & bodybuilding, so too does all this "tweaks and twists" that originated from pro steroid bb'ers and were then bastardized and handed down to the natural competitors -- the guys who don't have to worry about swaying body processess due to all the massive drug use that some steroid users roll with

small tweaks and smaller pushes - nothing ever huge, nothing ever new, nothing to stress the system
    you wanna try a few things out for that final week ahead of time? chris nailed it - do it at 4 weeks out, when you are already looking leaner than lean anyway..then if you DO mess something up, you have plenty of time to correct it

26. ^^^This guy knows his shyt...!
    Independent Review

27. That's why I listen to Steve ... oh and the results ... you tell me...

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  114.0 KBName:  2.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  118.2 KBName:  3.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  111.3 KBName:  4.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  110.6 KBName:  5.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  120.0 KBName:  6.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  121.4 KBName:  7JPG.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  99.7 KBName:  8.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  109.7 KB

28. Wow Doug. Wow. Good friggin job man!
    Independent Review

29. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Wow Doug. Wow. Good friggin job man!
    Thanks I was pleased to see this much progress in just one week.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 312
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 06:09 PM
  2. Replies: 662
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 11:38 AM
  3. 007martin his here now
    By 007 martin in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 11:32 PM
  4. I'll kick it off in here!