Who is your favorite Pro

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I suppose this will help this new forum section take off....

Who's your favorite pro bber and why?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Dex, by far. I think over time he has been consistently been in better shape than everyone around him. Hes a beast.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im a Jay fan. BUT i have utmost respect for Dexter, Victor, and Wolf. (oh not to mention up and coming Heath). I cant wait for this year's Olympia...already have my trip planned. Its going to be one HELL of a competition between all of these guys. Now that Ronnie's gone its a level playing feild and i must say... I cannot wait to see what these bro's bring to the O stage

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Victor Martinez!! Simply outstanding conditioning and symmetry, he def should have won the 07 Olympia....Politics, Politics, Politics.....

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Victor Martinez!! Simply outstanding conditioning and symmetry, he def should have won the 07 Olympia....Politics, Politics, Politics.....

despite being a die hard Jay fan I do agree that Victor was the true winner (by physique of course) but yea...politics go a long way

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My 2 favorites of all-time are Zane and Flex. Crazy symmetry, big, yet still aesthetic (ok Zane isn't big, but you get my point). I still strive to have that Frank Zane mainly because it is very achievable for most people.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My 2 favorites of all-time are Zane and Flex. Crazy symmetry, big, yet still aesthetic (ok Zane isn't big, but you get my point). I still strive to have that Frank Zane mainly because it is very achievable for most people.

wheeler's physique is damn hard to beat....

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dennis Wolf!!! Huge with a small waist. He is some what reminiscant of the "golden years" of bodybuilding and has been compared to Arnold alot as of late. I think this kids gonna go along way in the sport ,politics aside of course because I don't think he's as marketable as the "American BB's". Also Phil Heath looked just totally amazing at the Iron-Man this year both of those guys are young and have great physics so I'm sure we'll be seeing alot more of the two of them in the next few years. But Dennis Wolf would have to be my favorite overall!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dennis Wolf is the man!!! His "X" frame looks way better than just about everyone else.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
David Henry. Despite being short, that guy always comes in shredded condition. He always gets underplaced.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
David Henry. Despite being short, that guy always comes in shredded condition. He always gets underplaced.
beat me to it.........................he is the man. they need to bring back the small man class to give this guy a chance.

Wolf has to be a close 2nd favourite.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Vic is my favorite at the moment. Wolf comes in second for me.

Wheeler and Levrone are supposed to be coming back...Would be badass!

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Vic is my favorite at the moment. Wolf comes in second for me.

Wheeler and Levrone are supposed to be coming back...Would be badass!

I wanna see the video documentary that Levrone claims he will make of a 16 week comeback to his prior contest condition and size

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Dex, Wolf, Henry have the muscular striations everywhere, most noticibly in the deltiods.

I have yet to see Henry come in 'off'.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I always liked Levrone. He should have won an O.

I really like Victor nowadays. I just love his physique and he always seems to come in with great conditioning. Too bad he messed up his knee because I think he seriously could have taken the O this year. He opened a lot of eyes last year.

I wish I could make it out to the O this year it should be an awesome show. Especially with all the new up and coming guys like Heath and Kai Greene.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I always liked Levrone. He should have won an O.

I really like Victor nowadays. I just love his physique and he always seems to come in with great conditioning. Too bad he messed up his knee because I think he seriously could have taken the O this year. He opened a lot of eyes last year.

I wish I could make it out to the O this year it should be an awesome show. Especially with all the new up and coming guys like Heath and Kai Greene.

Yea I cannot wait to go. Its expensive... but this year's show should be well worth it.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Dexter Jackson by a long shot. Dudes a freak and still doesn't look like a gigantic roided out monster.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dexter Jackson by a long shot. Dudes a freak and still doesn't look like a gigantic roided out monster.

yea he maintains a reasonable look (not overly bulked and distorted). same with heath, vic, and sorta wolf although that dude is BIG.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I wanna see the video documentary that Levrone claims he will make of a 16 week comeback to his prior contest condition and size
If anyone could do it, it would be Levrone. His genetics are insane. Do you know he use to take 6 months off between shows (no lifting, dieting, etc) and then just train full force for a couple months and show up looking amazing.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If anyone could do it, it would be Levrone. His genetics are insane. Do you know he use to take 6 months off between shows (no lifting, dieting, etc) and then just train full force for a couple months and show up looking amazing.

yea he is crazy! i wanna see the NO B.S documentary following a year in the life of kevin levrone

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Gotta say Arnold and Franco.. bodybuilding went downhill when Dorian came starting all the big guts.

Don't get me wrong.. the guys today are beasts and deserve the praise for all they've done but it's a disgrace compared to how bodybuilding used to be.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
No def Franco is def my all time fave, but Victor Martinez is my fav body builder of this time....

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Vic and Wolf are tied for my fav right now.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Gotta say Arnold and Franco.. bodybuilding went downhill when Dorian came starting all the big guts.

Don't get me wrong.. the guys today are beasts and deserve the praise for all they've done but it's a disgrace compared to how bodybuilding used to be.
Don't hate on Dorian. Dorian is one of my favorite bodybuilders of all time and in my opinion one of the best ever. It's just a different game nowadays. Dorian dominated an era where the competition was far greater than what it is has been lately or even back in Arnold's day. Don't get me wrong, I love Arnold and without him the sport wouldn't be anything near what it is today. He brought bodybuilding into the spotlight and introduced it to the world. I just personally feel that in Arnold's day it was kind of a one man show. Yes there is a few other greats from that time, but I just feel the Olympia was Arnold's with ease. Hell he even took five years off without serious lifting and competing and came back and one. Nowadays, maybe not this coming year it was kind of the same, it was Ronnie and Cutler. The other guys are monsters, but never really stacked up when put side by side. It seems to be getting much more competitive again though. The aging and retirement of Ronnie and the appearance of Victor last year, and the new up and comers, Phil Heath, Kai Greene, etc, plus the fact that the judges seem to be focusing a little bit more on aesthetics again, which I think is the right direction for the sport. There are finally those guys that can bring the whole package to the stage. The insane mass, symmetry, and while still bringing tip top conditioning. I think bodybuilding is going to be great for the next few years.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't hate on Dorian. Dorian is one of my favorite bodybuilders of all time and in my opinion one of the best ever. It's just a different game nowadays. Dorian dominated an era where the competition was far greater than what it is has been lately or even back in Arnold's day. Don't get me wrong, I love Arnold and without him the sport wouldn't be anything near what it is today. He brought bodybuilding into the spotlight and introduced it to the world. I just personally feel that in Arnold's day it was kind of a one man show. Yes there is a few other greats from that time, but I just feel the Olympia was Arnold's with ease. Hell he even took five years off without serious lifting and competing and came back and one. Nowadays, maybe not this coming year it was kind of the same, it was Ronnie and Cutler. The other guys are monsters, but never really stacked up when put side by side. It seems to be getting much more competitive again though. The aging and retirement of Ronnie and the appearance of Victor last year, and the new up and comers, Phil Heath, Kai Greene, etc, plus the fact that the judges seem to be focusing a little bit more on aesthetics again, which I think is the right direction for the sport. There are finally those guys that can bring the whole package to the stage. The insane mass, symmetry, and while still bringing tip top conditioning. I think bodybuilding is going to be great for the next few years.
well, arnold sorta set foot on something new... (a lot had to do with his personality and what he did for bodybuilding).. then came dorian, well because of his time, the new competition etc, dorian started something too---he was HUGE. from then on it was just big beastly over muscled guts. I think now that ronnie is gone, the playing field is level (cutler CAN and HAS brought a tight, smaller, and more aesthetically pleasing physique but he had to compete with Coleman). Despite my cutler fanatacism (like I said, its got a lot to do with who he is as a person too, not just his physique), I think martinez should have won last year. That just shows that the judges now want to see something bigger and improved from arnold's day, but not the same thing they have been seeing (freak of nature colemans). I think this years O will be a turning point with all the new guys and the similar but very competitive physiques. (similar in that they are not generally all huge and distended.)

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
well, arnold sorta set foot on something new... (a lot had to do with his personality and what he did for bodybuilding).. then came dorian, well because of his time, the new competition etc, dorian started something too---he was HUGE. from then on it was just big beastly over muscled guts. I think now that ronnie is gone, the playing field is level (cutler CAN and HAS brought a tight, smaller, and more aesthetically pleasing physique but he had to compete with Coleman). Despite my cutler fanatacism (like I said, its got a lot to do with who he is as a person too, not just his physique), I think martinez should have won last year. That just shows that the judges now want to see something bigger and improved from arnold's day, but not the same thing they have been seeing (freak of nature colemans). I think this years O will be a turning point with all the new guys and the similar but very competitive physiques. (similar in that they are not generally all huge and distended.)
Yes I agree. I think Victor placing so high last year was a good sign of what to come. I love his physique. He is absolutely massive, but has awesome symmetry and definition. Plus a lot of the new comers also seem to have very aesthetically pleasing physiques. Hopefully this year will be the start of a slightly more aesthetically driven competition. I love seeing the huge guys, Ronnie, Ruhl, Cutler, etc, but I also love those guys that can bring incredible mass along with amazing aesthetics.

On a side note, pudz have you gotten on stage yet. I know you have big plans for yourself one day in bodybuilding. Just wondering if you've competed yet, out of curiosity?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a side note, pudz have you gotten on stage yet. I know you have big plans for yourself one day in bodybuilding. Just wondering if you've competed yet, out of curiosity?
Get on that stage PUDZ!!!!! doit,doit!!!

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Get on that stage PUDZ!!!!! doit,doit!!!
hahah soon soon.

I havent stepped on stage yet, but this may be the big year for me. Im still young and building the best physique I can before jumping the gun with competition. As I see it I have a time window. This year would be ideal for me to start competing and hopefully be successful, but if for some reason it takes another year to get my physique where I want it before competing then I will take that time. I project a first show before 09'

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I'm not hating on Dorian bro, I'm saying that he's the one that came out bringing the extended guts. He was a great bodybuilder and was a monster, it's just the fact that he's the one that started turning bodybuilders into freaks.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
jay aesthetic? please.

lol.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oliva, Yates, Dillet, Warren, Dexter, Wolf, Henry those are my favs. If i had to pick one in this day and age id say im a Wolf fan.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I'm not hating on Dorian bro, I'm saying that he's the one that came out bringing the extended guts. He was a great bodybuilder and was a monster, it's just the fact that he's the one that started turning bodybuilders into freaks.
Yea I know what you meant. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing this around the same time peptides and GH started making their way into bodybuilding and further pushing the physical limits of size. Especially GH, as you mentioned because we began to see the GH guts.

Yates = best calves in the history of bodybuilding

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
haha yea. I think he had his best look around 2001. If he brought that back then he could compete against the up and coming guys. We will see this year.
2001 probably was his best look, but he had no choice. He had to sacrifice his aesthetics and pack on the mass to try and compete with Ronnie. He knew thats what the judges wanted to see so that is the direction he took.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I know what you meant. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing this around the same time peptides and GH started making their way into bodybuilding and further pushing the physical limits of size. Especially GH, as you mentioned because we began to see the GH guts.

Yates = best calves in the history of bodybuilding
thats what i think it is. Arnold and them using GH? i doubt it, maybe a few of them but Yates competed with other mass monsters too....Dillet ring a bell? that guy was huge so competition was on another level by then.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
thats what i think it is. Arnold and them using GH? i doubt it, maybe a few of them but Yates competed with other mass monsters too....Dillet ring a bell? that guy was huge so competition was on another level by then.
Dillet was ****ing huge. Didn't he compete at 270 or 280.

It definitely was the beginning of the mass monsters. Think about how much the size of competitors has changed. Arnold is said to have been 6'2" 240. Some of the guys today are competing at 270 and 280 even at heights of less than 6".

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
mike matarazzo had the most freakish calves ive ever seen...just saying.
Matarazzo definitely had some amazing calves as well. They were just sick looking. I'm just a big Yates fan so that's why he gets my vote.

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pro bodybuilding is a joke these days IMO., and I hate to say that cause it's obviously something we here all love. But symmetry, training, genetics these things have be laid to the way side by those who are willing to risk there lives to take ungodly amounts of drugs to achieve a physic that few here would want(well for more than a day or two). That's what separates the pros from the ams these days IMO, Who is willing and can aford to take the most drugs.:sad: