Super tight traps

aviolentfluid

aviolentfluid

Awards
Dilemma here, boys

27-year-old engineering student, about 4 years of lifting experience

I have some really painfully tight traps, presumably due to being too lat- and press-focused the last month or so. Stretching my chest and lats, foam rolling them, doesn't seem to help too much. It doesn't impact my gym performance, just gives me hella pain when sitting as my shoulders roll forward.

I've prescribed myself some extra rhomboid and rear
delt exercises to fix the problem.

But I'm starting a cycle of Super DMZ 3.0 and 1-andro the Sunday after thanksgiving.

What is my best shot of getting back to 100% by then?

Do I take a week off? Do I focus on my rear delts and inner back? Or do I keep lifting hard (what I want to do) but with more focus on these corrective exercises?

Thanks all

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have a really bad left trap muscle for years now, I've gone through the ringer with it, scans, x rays, massages, physical therapy, chiropractors, rest

What helped me a lot was massages and Incorporating some of the movements from physical therapy into my routine....facepulls, hitchhikers, straight bar pulldowns, yti's, band pull aparts.....things like that have helped

I was under the impression that doing rear delt work would help but when I focused a lot on rear delt's I felt like it sometimes made the pain worse because the trap would get extra tight, so be careful and managing the volume, I also completely cut any trap work out of my routine