Who's winning Mr.O?????

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im just curious to everyones opinions. I want to see some pics in here also. Havnt had time to check things out. I saw some pics in a mag, And I have to say Phil Heath has the biggest arms. WOW!!! Kai is looking amazing also. Com'on people let me know!!!!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

HERES KAI.5 WEEKS OUT,WEIGHING IN AT 294
Looking great!!!!

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i'm thinking kai as well. Jay took it back from dexter last year, but i think it's kai's year. personally, i'm a branch fan, but don't think he will win it. top 3 i hope...

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I too am a huge Branch fan. Im hoping in the top 3 as well. That roelly Winklaar dude is pretty sick too. Wolf supposedly redid his whole workout routine, fro this upcoming O. We'll see.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Im just curious to everyones opinions. I want to see some pics in here also. Havnt had time to check things out. I saw some pics in a mag, And I have to say Phil Heath has the biggest arms. WOW!!! Kai is looking amazing also. Com'on people let me know!!!!
I love these threads... they always end up turning into fan threads and fight threads, rather than trying to predict true clairvoyant results.

Here are my picks... I'll be there as I am every year, front and center, so I can't wait for Vegas once again! :)

- Jay Cutler
- Phil Heath
- Roelly Winklaar

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really cutler? Ok. Cool. Yeah like I just stated Winklaar looks sick. Heath is just a beast. Well Im top 3 pick would be:
Phil Heath
Kai Greene
Roelly Winklaar
Im not voteing Cutler out. He is HUGE! But the Front lines are stacked this year.
Also, I'm real curious In the Blades'(Dexter) Placing this year. I think He would have had to pack on some serious muscle to compete with the rest of the lineup.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Really cutler? Ok. Cool. Yeah like I just stated Winklaar looks sick. Heath is just a beast. Well Im top 3 pick would be:
Phil Heath
Kai Greene
Roelly Winklaar
Im not voteing Cutler out. He is HUGE! But the Front lines are stacked this year.
Also, I'm real curious In the Blades'(Dexter) Placing this year. I think He would have had to pack on some serious muscle to compete with the rest of the lineup.
Roelly is without a doubt my favorite new IFBB pro on the scene. I just wish he could speak English better so he could reach more fans and gain the recognition he deserves. I hope MD treats him well - he is the future in my opinion.

For Dexter... I just have never been a fan, of his physique or his attitude. The more I learn about him and watch him in public at the shows I travel to throughout the year, I am more and more turned off.

I know Jay is a motivated bodybuilder, and he has ALL the chips in place to make 2010 a mirror of 2009, OR BETTER. Jay performs VERY well against adversity, so hopefully he can still view himself as the 'underdog,' even though he dropped the world's collective jaws last year.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Dex, Ive read is kinda a terd! But I think aesthetically he looks like one of the best, not really out proportioned, thats the only reason he has my interest. Yes, with all the magazines I read leading up to last years O. Jay was not even mentioned, not even in the top top5 for most of the predictions. I just think is a bit blockey, But yeah dude is like the biggest FREAK on the stage. Out to be a good one this year.
And yeah Winklaar, is def. the future.Id also like to see Wolf in the top 5 this year. Dont ask me why, I just like that dude for SOME reason.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
Jay or kai, I don't think anyone else is ready, people don't
Like jay, bc he "sold out" with muscletech or whatever, or he's too nice of a guy
But when it comes down to it 200,000 for the O aint gonna keep you living like arnold
I can't blame any of em for doing them ridicolous 26 page magazine spreads
Jay is a good dude though and now that his symetry is fixed up
I don't think a lot of ppl can hold him down
I hope kai takes it too
The only thing that woullddddd get at me is ronnie coleman getting another O
I can't stand ronnie coleman

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is ROnnie ever coming back?LOL. Ive read a whole bunch of junk about him the last year. I saw a pic of him doing a guest pose, man was his side oblique ways tooooooo big.LOL
Found of couple of pics of this year

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Dex, Ive read is kinda a terd! But I think aesthetically he looks like one of the best, not really out proportioned, thats the only reason he has my interest. Yes, with all the magazines I read leading up to last years O. Jay was not even mentioned, not even in the top top5 for most of the predictions. I just think is a bit blockey, But yeah dude is like the biggest FREAK on the stage. Out to be a good one this year.
And yeah Winklaar, is def. the future.Id also like to see Wolf in the top 5 this year. Dont ask me why, I just like that dude for SOME reason.
I like Wolf's physique... when its dead-on. His personality on the other hand, yikes - kind of a cry baby and always blames his trainer for his stage short comings. One thing I love and perhaps even hate, is the extreme media coverage of all the athletes today - we see them in true form and sometimes it ruins the image.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My top 5

1. Heath
2. Greene
3. Cutler
4. Warren
5. Wolf (yep, he will return damn it)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Jay or kai, I don't think anyone else is ready, people don't
Like jay, bc he "sold out" with muscletech or whatever, or he's too nice of a guy
But when it comes down to it 200,000 for the O aint gonna keep you living like arnold
I can't blame any of em for doing them ridicolous 26 page magazine spreads
Jay is a good dude though and now that his symetry is fixed up
I don't think a lot of ppl can hold him down
I hope kai takes it too
The only thing that woullddddd get at me is ronnie coleman getting another O
I can't stand ronnie coleman
Ronnie Coleman in quite an enigma to me... I can't even get started on the topic. In short, he is an unmatched amazing athlete who has accomplished what no human ever though was possible in his sport; on the other hand he seems to be a pseudo Christian and often relies on whining and complaining behind the scenes or in interviews and tried to demonize Jay when he felt the heat coming on. I have all of Ronnie's DVDs and think he is a massive influence on my initial years of bodybuilding, but I just don't find much more to admire.

Now, Kai is... oh man, I truly try not to let me personal feelings of him as a joke and a false prophet and self absorbed philosopher wannabe skew my opinion, but its so hard. He always has a film of water and many times I feel as though his best attribute (low lats) often times make him appear more blocky than his peers.

As far as Jay and his endorsements, I don't understand the premise whatsoever how that can be paralleled to selling out. Becoming a bankable iconic professional athlete in your chosen craft always comes along with the benefit of having companies offer your compensatory remuneration in exchange for your image and promotion. How on Earth can we fault Jay for being a handsome accomplished athlete who deservedly demands high paychecks from the world's premier supplement manufacturer (in terms of net profit)? He has no control or concern over how many pages each 'spread' is, he is simply aggregating his finances preparing for his future without bodybuilding.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie Coleman in quite an enigma to me... I can't even get started on the topic. In short, he is an unmatched amazing athlete who has accomplished what no human ever though was possible in his sport; on the other hand he seems to be a pseudo Christian and often relies on whining and complaining behind the scenes or in interviews and tried to demonize Jay when he felt the heat coming on. I have all of Ronnie's DVDs and think he is a massive influence on my initial years of bodybuilding, but I just don't find much more to admire.

Now, Kai is... oh man, I truly try not to let me personal feelings of him as a joke and a false prophet and self absorbed philosopher wannabe skew my opinion, but its so hard. He always has a film of water and many times I feel as though his best attribute (low lats) often times make him appear more blocky than his peers.

As far as Jay and his endorsements, I don't understand the premise whatsoever how that can be paralleled to selling out. Becoming a bankable iconic professional athlete in your chosen craft always comes along with the benefit of having companies offer your compensatory remuneration in exchange for your image and promotion. How on Earth can we fault Jay for being a handsome accomplished athlete who deservedly demands high paychecks from the world's premier supplement manufacturer (in terms of net profit)? He has no control or concern over how many pages each 'spread' is, he is simply aggregating his finances preparing for his future without bodybuilding.
kai in my opinion is an underdog, he is rarely recognized outside of dedicated bodybuilder fans, well people who recognize it as a sport and follow. jay i agree with you on jay, and as far as ronnie, do hear me out im not taking anything away from his work, dude has took it to the limit, but personally i cant stand his attitude and his godly ego, he diserves in my opinion to be ran in the dirt and showed up i hope he goes for another O and places 16th

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel ya. I dont knock anyone for being on pages and pages of Ads. As long as us(the consumer) can realize that Nitro-tech, and Nano vaper didnt make Mr.O physique's. People have jobs. People get paid to do there job. Some people have better jobs than others.
Kai the philosopher...LOL. MAn, I just got done reading an article in the new Flex. And after every question asked. There was like so much round about wording and what not. If you can seperate the two, and take Kai's physique for what it is, the better. I Like Kai's off beat stage "shows". Yeah Those low lats ARE starting to catch up and take away from the good.
Ronnie...Oh Ronnie. The mans a Legend. Period. I dont really get too involved with the whining and what not. Ive seen a few interviews that I couldnt even finish watching, then just found some of his workout videos, and was Like OK. THis Is Ronnie the legend.
"LIGHT WEIGHT"!!!!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
kai in my opinion is an underdog, he is rarely recognized outside of dedicated bodybuilder fans, well people who recognize it as a sport and follow. jay i agree with you on jay, and as far as ronnie, do hear me out im not taking anything away from his work, dude has took it to the limit, but personally i cant stand his attitude and his godly ego, he diserves in my opinion to be ran in the dirt and showed up i hope he goes for another O and places 16th
Looks like we agree on every single point; except although I might have my misgivings about Ronnie, I would never wish harm or embarrassment on someone who is still after all in this same struggle and endeavor called bodybuilding that we know and love so dearly.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I feel ya. I dont knock anyone for being on pages and pages of Ads. As long as us(the consumer) can realize that Nitro-tech, and Nano vaper didnt make Mr.O physique's. People have jobs. People get paid to do there job. Some people have better jobs than others.
Kai the philosopher...LOL. MAn, I just got done reading an article in the new MuscleMag. And after every question asked. There was like so much round about wording and what not. If you can seperate the two, and take Kai's physique for what it is, the better. I Like Kai's off beat stage "shows". Yeah Those low lats ARE starting to catch up and take away from the good.
Ronnie...Oh Ronnie. The mans a Legend. Period. I dont really get too involved with the whining and what not. Ive seen a few interviews that I couldnt even finish watching, then just found some of his workout videos, and was Like OK. THis Is Ronnie the legend.
"LIGHT WEIGHT"!!!!
Completely agreed about Ronnie... I can't fault him for his character or certain aspects of his personality I happen not to agree with. He was and will be a huge inspiration for me and many others; although its a shame that although he graduated cum lade in his class and has a college education and served on the police force, he is still barely able to form a sentence - which spreads the stereotype of the bodybuilder.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i know we are talking about this mr.O but i was wondering what yall think about yates?
i loved his early phsyique like circa 73 i think is the year, i seen a pic from that year and that single pic inspired me when i was like 17 to actually stop doing 400 crunches for a work out and actually do some rows or somethin and get really beast, it was all the motivation i needed thats why i got alot of love for the early dorian

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i know we are talking about this mr.O but i was wondering what yall think about yates?
i loved his early phsyique like circa 73 i think is the year, i seen a pic from that year and that single pic inspired me when i was like 17 to actually stop doing 400 crunches for a work out and actually do some rows or somethin and get really beast, it was all the motivation i needed thats why i got alot of love for the early dorian

I do NOT want to take anything away from your love and admiration of Yates, I am only offering my opinion, but stick to your original passion for his physique and accomplishments. That being said, I thought Yates entire proposed training theorem and physique were reckless and lackluster to say the least. Of course when I make these comments I am talking through the scope of history and the other top pros the IFBB has churned out over the decades, because compared to us on this forum we would be dwarfed by his physique. The training style he continued, against all reason, to implement ended his career, and reaped havoc on his symmetry and ability to tap out his true genetic potential in my opinion.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i never really followed yate's career, i just liked his early years i cant find the pic i was looking for i was gonna post it but cant find it,

XxGetLeanxX

XxGetLeanxX

Awards
When it comes to "wheels", I'd compare "Kai" to "Tom Platz"....sick!

But I gotta be honest....I'd like to see Victor Martinez completely clean up his physique and give the others a run for the money. It seems every since his quad injury, he's never gotten back up to speed.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When it comes to "wheels", I'd compare "Kai" to "Tom Platz"....sick!

But I gotta be honest....I'd like to see Victor Martinez completely clean up his physique and give the others a run for the money. It seems every since his quad injury, he's never gotten back up to speed.
Yeah. I hear ya. Hes been doing this long enough. And also for the BS that he had to go through with his sisters murder...GEEZ.I honestly kinda forgot about him. He's been in the back of my mind. But now that you mention it. If he comes in dead on. Will be a force to be wrekin' with.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. I hear ya. Hes been doing this long enough. And also for the BS that he had to go through with his sisters murder...GEEZ.I honestly kinda forgot about him. He's been in the back of my mind. But now that you mention it. If he comes in dead on. Will be a force to be wrekin' with.
I have to admit... I also forgot about Victor. I was watching Bigger, Stronger, Faster today on TV, and it was the scene where they compared Arnold to Victor - sick!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i heard that young gotti's got a chance

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i heard that young gotti's got a chance
Only if you can get your Most Muscular pose down. You have a few weeks left to nail it. C'mon kid, get your **** together!!!!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Good post and I agree that Kai's personality is definitely off colored. Listening to his radio interviews is always an awkward and WTF experience. I have to wonder if he's not on LSD during the interviews. Physique wise, I think he looks amazing, relative to the pro stage. He's massive, he's detailed and he has one of the few routines that don't put you to sleep.

I'm surprised Cutler isnt' getting more attention. He looked amazing at the last Olympia.

I don't know where to place these guy to be honest, but I certainly see Phil, Cutler, Kai, Warren and Dexter in the mix. Wolf is a bit inconsistent, so I don't ever bank of him.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Good post and I agree that Kai's personality is definitely off colored. Listening to his radio interviews is always an awkward and WTF experience. I have to wonder if he's not on LSD during the interviews. Physique wise, I think he looks amazing, relative to the pro stage. He's massive, he's detailed and he has one of the few routines that don't put you to sleep.

I'm surprised Cutler isnt' getting more attention. He looked amazing at the last Olympia.

I don't know where to place these guy to be honest, but I certainly see Phil, Cutler, Kai, Warren and Dexter in the mix. Wolf is a bit inconsistent, so I don't ever bank of him.
I was there at Wolf's 'big break out' year (both), and I was extremely impressed with him and was blown away. Unfortunately, after reading and hearing his print/radio interviews and realizing his ongoing trait of shifting blame to everyone and their brother, I just don't have respect for people that can't simply say "I miscalculated some things and it showed..."

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Wolf has changed help several times, and each time it was his helps fault he was off. I just dont get it. I know the help is, what it is. But at that level. Dont you know your own body at all.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Wolf has changed help several times, and each time it was his helps fault he was off. I just dont get it. I know the help is, what it is. But at that level. Dont you know your own body at all.
For me, it is hard to understand how a professional bodybuilder with stellar unrivaled genetics, a limitless supply of every anabolic agent known to man kind, an entire circle of friends and educated training partners helping you along, the ability to train at your own leisure due to supplement/magazine sponsorship, a life long time frame of getting to know your own physique and reactions to nutrition and training, and on and on... and still not show up at your best.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me, it is hard to understand how a professional bodybuilder with stellar unrivaled genetics, a limitless supply of every anabolic agent known to man kind, an entire circle of friends and educated training partners helping you along, the ability to train at your own leisure due to supplement/magazine sponsorship, a life long time frame of getting to know your own physique and reactions to nutrition and training, and on and on... and still not show up at your best.
SERIOUSLY!!! Still doesnt make much since to me. Not at all!!

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i agree with volcom about jay!! and this thread has make me like kai even more, i used to not really like him but someone posted a rather beasty pic of him up here, but yeah ive been watching jays training for the O on youtube on jay cutler tv channel just to see what hes up to and hes killing it man seriously

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i agree with volcom about jay!! and this thread has make me like kai even more, i used to not really like him but someone posted a rather beasty pic of him up here, but yeah ive been watching jays training for the O on youtube on jay cutler tv channel just to see what hes up to and hes killing it man seriously
I lost my voice for the past two years screaming for the Cut Man from the stands... last year was truly a memorable time in my life, when Bob announced his name, and Black Eyed Peas came across the sound system... it gave me chills that I can't explain. There is just something special about Las Vegas, and the undeniable magic of attending the pinnacle of a sport your so passionate about and vested in heart and soul.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i wish i could go see it, is last years pose down on the net to watch anywhere?

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah outstanding bro you should come visit some of my logs, links are in my sigs brah

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i wish i could go see it, is last years pose down on the net to watch anywhere?
Check Bodybuilding.com, they might still have the on demand replays... they do a free web-cast every year so you can watch it live and hear Dan and others break down the competitors.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In truth Cutler was one of the first BBer'sI liked. I think it was the fact he was with his high school sweetheart. But a great dude in general. I was just reading an interview with him, and says He's far ahead now than he was last year as far as conditioning. And he's got more mass. SOOO>>>with this being said, Cutler will be beast this year no doubt. Just hope he cuts his hair..LOL

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
In truth Cutler was one of the first BBer'sI liked. I think it was the fact he was with his high school sweetheart. But a great dude in general. I was just reading an interview with him, and says He's far ahead now than he was last year as far as conditioning. And he's got more mass. SOOO>>>with this being said, Cutler will be beast this year no doubt. Just hope he cuts his hair..LOL
AHHHHHHHHH COME ON, THE HAIR IS AWESOME! Cutler was the first bodybuilder I was aware or, or a 'fan' of during my initial days as a weight lifter. He is a very genuine, caring, and driven individual - I wish him the BEST this year, and will truly feel sadness if he decides to retire after #4.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WHOA!!! Retire. Is that news or just ...wait I didnt know he was thinking about retiring. The only thing I do know, is that he said when He does retire, he may turn vegetarian...LOL. I read somewhere that he is actually sick of eating all the food he does and cant wait to not eat like that. Just hope he doesnt turn into Arnold

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
WHOA!!! Retire. Is that news or just ...wait I didnt know he was thinking about retiring. The only thing I do know, is that he said when He does retire, he may turn vegetarian...LOL. I read somewhere that he is actually sick of eating all the food he does and cant wait to not eat like that. Just hope he doesnt turn into Arnold
Anyone who has endured years of forced eating and controlled starvation while preparing for show after show builds up a pretty severe sickness of meats and redundant tastes such as chicken and tuna or fish varieties. I have fallen victim to this a few times, but always managed to come out of it and find ways to avoid taste bud deprivation.

As far as whether it is news or not... I'm not sure, but I can't really go too far into other details concerning the matter.

Hey, Arnold is in his 60s, he continued to weight train well into his post-retirement years, even getting back into prime condition for films like T3.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know. Im just busting. I saw this pic and thought it was real funny, thats all.LOL

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
arnold is what made me want to get big, dude was literally my hero till i was like 7

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I know. Im just busting. I saw this pic and thought it was real funny, thats all.LOL
Oh yeah... the famous vacationing picture of Arnold is haunting, when he is in his speedo and straw hat; but still, I have immeasurable respect for him and what he's accomplished.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
arnold is what made me want to get big, dude was literally my hero till i was like 7
Still is mine... in his own way. I try hard, very hard, not to let his political posturing and maneuvers affect my life long admiration of him.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i wish lou would have did more in the world of body building its like when he became the hulk theres a blank spot where he vanished and i believe around this time he could of put in his most loved work

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still is mine... in his own way. I try hard, very hard, not to let his political posturing and maneuvers affect my life long admiration of him.
Arnold was my hero, prolly still is. I mean he's the reason my dad bought me a weight bench when I was 12. I used to watch Arnold movies over and over when I was younger, And couldnt believe how big he was, and used to say"I want to be like that"

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
yes arnold is the beesknees
i watched the first predator on g4 the other night

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My dad actually still busts my chops about it. He's like your getting big. Like Arnold..LOL. I wish!!!