iBCAA review

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
I've been using xtend for quite awhile now, so I decided to give PP iBCAA's a try.

Mixabilty: This is where the product shines. Normally, with any amino acid product, I have to mix the night before to get it completely disolved. This is not the case for ibcaa's as it will disolve easily even if mixed before my workout.

Taste: It's unflavored, so by itself, this product is not very appetizing. But add a flavor agent and you are good to go. I used 100g of the nutraplanet stuff for 500g of powder and it tastes delicious. You could use just 50g if you wish as this masks the natural taste quite well. This amount leaves a bit of an amino-acid after-taste which is why I added extra. Something like sugar-free crystal light would work well too.

Performance: It gave me extra endurance in the gym even though I was lifting in a fasted state. Didn't give me as much of a pump as xtend, but it didn't sit as heavy in my stomach like xtend does either. I could push my training intensity without the fear of vomitting.

Overall: I'd definately recommend this product to anyone who needs a quality bcaa product. The mixability alone had me sold.

It would be nice if the ingredient profile was beefed up a little; maybe add citrulline malate, glutamine, etc. Flavoring would be nice too. Neither seemed like much of an issue; will purchase again.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using xtend for quite awhile now, so I decided to give PP iBCAA's a try.

Mixabilty: This is where the product shines. Normally, with any amino acid product, I have to mix the night before to get it completely disolved. This is not the case for ibcaa's as it will disolve easily even if mixed before my workout.

Taste: It's unflavored, so by itself, this product is not very appetizing. But add a flavor agent and you are good to go. I used 100g of the nutraplanet stuff for 500g of powder and it tastes delicious. You could use just 50g if you wish as this masks the natural taste quite well. This amount leaves a bit of an amino-acid after-taste which is why I added extra. Something like sugar-free crystal light would work well too.

Performance: It gave me extra endurance in the gym even though I was lifting in a fasted state. Didn't give me as much of a pump as xtend, but it didn't sit as heavy in my stomach like xtend does either. I could push my training intensity without the fear of vomitting.

Overall: I'd definately recommend this product to anyone who needs a quality bcaa product. The mixability alone had me sold.

It would be nice if the ingredient profile was beefed up a little; maybe add citrulline malate, glutamine, etc. Flavoring would be nice too. Neither seemed like much of an issue; will purchase again.
We really appreciate you taking the time to relay your impressions/feedback, rhyno! :)

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
I bought the kilo size tub of IBCAA's and Beta-Alanine and iv been pleased so far with my workouts. I noticed myself in the gym for extended peroids of time without the fatigue. Also the taste isnt too bad. I throw a scoop right in my mouth and chase it w/ water, as I do with most of my powdered supplements.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love to see glutamine added in. That would be a great selling point for me

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought the kilo size tub of IBCAA's and Beta-Alanine and iv been pleased so far with my workouts. I noticed myself in the gym for extended peroids of time without the fatigue. Also the taste isnt too bad. I throw a scoop right in my mouth and chase it w/ water, as I do with most of my powdered supplements.
Thanks for the feedback! :)

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
glutamine for stomach lining or at least pappain, and citruline malate would be sweet or glpc.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Primordial Performance Glutamine........?

AWESOME TO SE THAT!!!!!!!

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I would prefer glutamine left out, or just sold separately.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I'm really interested in the IBCAA as i have heard that Japan is very, very GMP concious.

But how do they make it instantised? What is the process? Every BCAA product i've tried is hard to mix.

I also agree with saludable24, have the Glutamine separate.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Problem with adding Glutamine to a BCAA forumula, or even taking them at the same time is that glutamine can help the BCAA's be utilized for energy, keep your glutamine SOLO, between meals and without other aminos, that is how glutamine works best :)

and adding anything else to bcaa takes it out of the special effects that bcaa can have prior to meals and such, i like to take BCAA prior to meals and make use of the leucine and protein synthesis upregulation. I dont need to be taking GPLC and citrulline malate all day ;)

i prefer to keep things seperate and take them when THEY are intended to be taken

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Problem with adding Glutamine to a BCAA forumula, or even taking them at the same time is that glutamine can help the BCAA's be utilized for energy, keep your glutamine SOLO, between meals and without other aminos, that is how glutamine works best :)
So you're saying you use Glutamine and BCAA together so Glutamine can help the BCAA be utilized for energy? Obviously this would be pre/during workout.

And to use it Glutamine solo any other time?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im saying DO NOT TAKE glutamine and BCAA together for that same reason!

and glutamine should be taken solo on an empty stomach as that is when it has been seen to have bestbenefits