PCT for 24 week Test E?

marcone

Awards
Hi everyone, new to the forum and, admittedly, all the info I've read so far is pretty overwhelming. So glad I found this site because there seems to be a lot of incredibly knowledgeable people on here.

I just finished my first cycle, which was a total of 24 weeks, and I'm looking for some PCT advice.

The Test E cycle went like this (one pin per week):

-- 375 for the first 16 weeks

-- 250 for the last 8 weeks

I have both Nolva and Clomid and am wondering if I should take both of them bass on the cycle I've completed? Or should I use one or the other?

And lastly, what dosage would be most recommended for this type of cycle?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Like an 8 week PCT and a lot of blood work. Why 24 weeks bro?

marcone

Awards
Like an 8 week PCT and a lot of blood work. Why 24 weeks bro?
What does an 8 week PCT look like as far as what to take and the dosage?

I was going to do 13-14 weeks but thought I'd lower the dosage down to 250 to cruise for a bit longer, even though there's not much difference between 375 to 250 (250 being standard TRT I guess).

Aesthetick

Awards
Since when has 250 mg been a TRT dose? You should be blasting hcg leading up to the start of the pct. Bloods very often and I agree on the longer-than-standard pct plan. I reccomend the power-pct program. 2500 IU HCG EOD for 16 days. Then after that period start Clomid 50mg twice daily for 30 days and Nolva 20mg daily for 45 days. Please please please get bloods. These will give you all of your answers

marcone

Awards
About TRT...maybe it's a common error but I've read a lot indicating 250 is a standard TRT dosage for people with really low test levels. Could be wrong but that's what I read from many sources and forums. That's also why I'm glad I found this forum. This place seems to be the most informative and knowledgeable community I've been able to find.

I don't have HCG. Is this absolutely necessary? EOD I assume means end of day?

50mg clomid twice daily for 100mg a day? Or 50mg split into 2 doses so it's 25mg morning and 25mg at night?

Is it a good idea to go 20mg nolva or start it at 40mg per day for the first 2 weeks?

Really appreciate the feedback!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I can't give advice now as I a not close to a PC, but basically your PCT is going to consist out of a LOT of nolva, clomid, hcg and prayers.

Trt is 100-150mg a week usually, in some cases 200mg.

Aesthetick

Awards
Absolutely, not trying to be a duck about the TRT and it very well could be 250! To my knowledge I thought the dose was around 100 or something. EOD means every other day so every 2 days. HCG is something you'll want to have next time around. Almost simulates LH making shut down far less likely and keeps your boys plump and full. Good way to kickstart a pct when using in conjunction with clomid and nolva. Go look up Dr. Scallys power pct. This is a very very important study done by Dr. Scally. It brought a buddy of mine back from shutdown and he was on TRT for 3 months!

Aesthetick

Awards
You'd be suprised how much of "shutdown" is all mental. Unless you have bloods done you'll never know for sure!

marcone

Awards
Aesthetick I was most definitely not think you were being a dick! I was just saying what I read could be wrong even if it was multiple articles and forums. I am always trying to learn as much as possible and I definitely should have done more research on PCT earlier, even before starting my test e cycle. Really appreciate the feedback!

The idea of the "shutdown" could be mental yes. FWIW I don't have a lower sex drive since coming off my last pin...but I will admit my boys do not feel as big and full as they used too and that definitely is not a mental thing. I really hope I can get them back to how they were before.

What would you recommend for just nolva + clomid pct then?

It's unlikely that I'll be able to get HCG any time soon and now I'm worried to delay starting the PCT process. I definitely plan to have HCG ready the next time I start a cycle but it'll be 2 weeks since my last pin in less than a week from today :(

Aesthetick

Awards
Yes I would recommend you take them both! Just relax, you WILL be okay. Don't let it worry you be confident and stick to your regiment and do the pct properly. I'd do clomid at 100 for the first 2 weeks then drop it to 50 for the next 2 then if need be so 25 for another 2 just because of your longer cycle. As for the nolva I'd do maybe 40 for the first 2 20 for the next 2 and then again maybe 10. I'm not an expert but that should suffice. A lot of people worry about sides from a pct but it won't be anything you could have experienced from your gear. If you notice the sides it will subside after pct is discontinued. And please do have a good diet and sleep. Hormones are replenished during sleep. Get yourself a natty test booster (may help may not but worth it) still to clean foods and be sure not to be in a deficit. Plenty of studies are shown that maintenance/surplus has been shown to help test levels stay stable. If I were you, I'd work on getting hcg asap. If there is a chance, which there is that you don't come back fully you can blast hcg as a "final stand" but like I said just relax and trust yourself. You'll be okay and if you have questions feel free!

marcone

Awards
Thanks so much man really appreciate all the feedback. I am feeling more confident now than yesterday for sure!

So for 100mg clomid I assume this means 50mg at breakfast and 50mg at dinner?

Any natty test booster you recommend? Great idea. Definitely want to get this.

I'll try the above and hopefully won't need HCG but if needed I'll get some of that too...it's ok to use HCG after a few weeks of starting PCT?

Honest truth...and I know this will probably sound silly...I'm hoping HCG isn't needed because I hate pins and want to avoid them for the near future...

Thanks again for all the replies. I appreciate the support!

Aesthetick

Awards
Yessir anytime! And yes to the clomid dosages once in the morning and at night should be good. I know that any natural test booster should be okay. I've ran Red PCT as a standalone and I felt a little bit of a difference from my natural state. Also has an AI in it so you can look more into that if you'd like. Otherwise d aspartic acid works well along with MTS test booster. I'm not 100% sure on the effects hcg would have in the middle. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt but like I said I'm not positive. Keep me posted I'd like to see how it all works out for you!

marcone

Awards
Thanks again I will definitely let you know how things are going!

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
About TRT...maybe it's a common error but I've read a lot indicating 250 is a standard TRT dosage for people with really low test levels. Could be wrong but that's what I read from many sources and forums. That's also why I'm glad I found this forum. This place seems to be the most informative and knowledgeable community I've been able to find.

I don't have HCG. Is this absolutely necessary? EOD I assume means end of day?

50mg clomid twice daily for 100mg a day? Or 50mg split into 2 doses so it's 25mg morning and 25mg at night?

Is it a good idea to go 20mg nolva or start it at 40mg per day for the first 2 weeks?

Really appreciate the feedback!
I believe standard does not deviate from 100-200mg....200mg being for heavier individuals generally?

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
natty test booster i'd grab Kings Blood

Also running a 4-6week pct of

Clomid 50/50/25/25/12.5/12.5
Nolva 40/40/20/20/10/10

add a bottle of HCG

youll be golden

marcone

Awards

Nolva 40/40/20/20/10/10

add a bottle of HCG

youll be golden
Is HCG taken only through pins? Or are there capsules?

MTPMJM

MTPMJM

Awards
  • Established
Is HCG taken only through pins? Or are there capsules?
HCG is subcutaneous

its an insulin needle. it doesnt hurt, and its the best way to ensure ur boys come back healthy. Clomid/Nolva will du the trick, but HCG will be the icing on the cake

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
You gonna create a log so we can follow your progress marcone?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For a cycle that long I would run a 6-8 week PCT (I personally would err on the longer side, so 8).

Nolva
20/20/10/10/10/10/10/10
Clomid
25/25/25/25/25/25/25/25
Test booster (M Test or Alpha Max)
x/x/x/x
Reduce XT (cortisol control)
0/0/3/3/3/3

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't give advice now as I a not close to a PC, but basically your PCT is going to consist out of a LOT of nolva, clomid, hcg and prayers.

Trt is 100-150mg a week usually, in some cases 200mg.
bro.. don't shoot your mouth on about information far to out of your league. A 24 week test e cycle at those doses are a freakin base and cruise for most competitors. I can't remember the last time I ever ran test and eq as a base for shorter than 24 weeks.

hcg should NOT be in his pct.. where are you getting this from. HCG is supressive and should NEVER be in a pct.

OP.. you will recover just fine with 8 weeks of either clomid of nolva.. i personally prefer clomid at 50/50/25/25/25/25/25/25. You really don't need anything else, nothing OTC.. nothing more. Your doses were low to. Maybe some aromasin at 6.25mg daily for the first 2 weeks of pct.

That is a mild length of time with LOW doses, recovery should be a breeze within 14 weeks.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
^^ Hcg pre pct, is what I would have explained. Why would he stay on for 24 weeks? Is he a pro? Is he competing? He wanted to do a PCT right? So what was the point of 24 weeks?

I never said his "cruise" dose was out. I said as far as 250mg of test a week goes, that's not TRT.

I did advice an 8 week PCT in case you missed, also a lot of blood work.

Good day.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Nolva 40/40/20/20/10/10

add a bottle of HCG

youll be golden
HCG is subcutaneous

its an insulin needle. it doesnt hurt, and its the best way to ensure ur boys come back healthy. Clomid/Nolva will du the trick, but HCG will be the icing on the cake
I hope you are not encouraging him to use a hormone (HCG) which induces testicular shutdown in pct. If you are going to give this kind of information, at least let him no EXACTLY how to use it.

OP, if you are going to use HCG, you need to use it PRIOR to pct. After so long, doses of 250-500iu are not going to stimulate a response. You will need to look at around 1000iu Mon-Wed-Fri for as long as possible prior to pct to initiate any sort of LH response.

marcone

Awards
OP.. you will recover just fine with 8 weeks of either clomid of nolva.. i personally prefer clomid at 50/50/25/25/25/25/25/25. You really don't need anything else, nothing OTC.. nothing more. Your doses were low to. Maybe some aromasin at 6.25mg daily for the first 2 weeks of pct.

That is a mild length of time with LOW doses, recovery should be a breeze within 14 weeks.
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. Starting tonight, I was planning on doing clomid 50/50/25/25/25/25 and nolva 40/40/20/20/20/20 over 6 weeks but I will go for the full 8 weeks as you mentioned.

When you say recovery in 14 weeks, do you mean continue with clomid (20) for 14 weeks or am I reading correct that you are suggesting an 8 week pct cycle and then my body will "take over" the process for the next 6 weeks following the pct?

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
bro.. don't shoot your mouth on about information far to out of your league. A 24 week test e cycle at those doses are a freakin base and cruise for most competitors. I can't remember the last time I ever ran test and eq as a base for shorter than 24 weeks.

hcg should NOT be in his pct.. where are you getting this from. HCG is supressive and should NEVER be in a pct.

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing criticalbench! This kid is acting like 24 weeks in Test E is the worst and harshest cycle ever! People need to learn to shut up and let wiser folks reply sometimes.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Man, I was thinking the exact same thing criticalbench! This kid is acting like 24 weeks in Test E is the worst and harshest cycle ever! People need to learn to shut up and let wiser folks reply sometimes.
Hey, dumbass. Did you read my response?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
cstallion, so you saw the reps and post count and just decided to jump on the wagon without reading my response? Pff. Nice.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Hey, dumbass. Did you read my response?
Hey, yes, I read your posts, all of them. The one about lots of "nolva, clomid and prayers" is dumb and that's why I commented. So yeah, you're being overly dramatic in your logic, and now you're being overly dramatic by calling me a dumbass and then creating a second reply after calling me a dumbass and accusing me of jumping on the bandwagon. So please do us all a favor and chill the **** out man. You're fear mongering and misinformation isn't going to help the op at all.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Why would he run 24 weeks? Yes, perhaps I was dramatic. The goal is longevity not to get the dream body in 24 weeks. Test isn't a harsh compound no, but why do this?

I would like to apologise for the dumbass comment. Unnecessary and a bit on edge lately. I'll wait to respond next time, as my advice was vague.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Why would he run 24 weeks? Yes, perhaps I was dramatic. The goal is longevity not to get the dream body in 24 weeks. Test isn't a harsh compound no, but why do this?

I would like to apologise for the dumbass comment. Unnecessary and a bit on edge lately. I'll wait to respond next time, as my advice was vague.
Thank you. And I apologize for pointing fingers at you. As soon as I typed my latest response I realized I was being combative and that's not my intent.

I do think the op definitely made some mistakes, he needs to think things through more next time. But I also think he can recover. I would definitely encourage the op to focus on lifestyle improvements as much as his PCT protocol. Things like a super clean diet, proper vitamin and mineral supplementation (especially D, K, Zinc, Magnesium, etc) good sleep hygiene (8-9 hrs a night) and a significant stim reduction can only enhance his recovery.

Anyway, cheers jakz!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks so much man really appreciate all the feedback. I am feeling more confident now than yesterday for sure!

So for 100mg clomid I assume this means 50mg at breakfast and 50mg at dinner?

Any natty test booster you recommend? Great idea. Definitely want to get this.

I'll try the above and hopefully won't need HCG but if needed I'll get some of that too...it's ok to use HCG after a few weeks of starting PCT?

Honest truth...and I know this will probably sound silly...I'm hoping HCG isn't needed because I hate pins and want to avoid them for the near future...

Thanks again for all the replies. I appreciate the support!
Don't go over 50mg of clomid there's no benefit and no benefit to split doses. Clomid has a super long half life. Some use it 2x a week for hrt

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Here's the best advice so far