clen during pct

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
would it be a good idea to run clen during pct? im coming off a 5 wk run of vital labs epi 2a3a. i wanna lean out a little more and was wondering if its at all toxic to the liver? please any feedback would help a bunch thanks

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I'm going to sum up a few responses your going to get before saying my part, because this is a frequent debate.

Someone is going to say clen is a good idea because it's anti-catabolic and therefore good in PCT.

Someone will say theyre wrong

Someone will call BS

Then someone will say it's only anti-catabolic in horses. Then post a study and say horrible things about the previous persons intelligence.

let's not beat that dead horse. Either way, Clen is probably not going to negatively impact your liver values, and whether it's catabolic or not, it's a judgement call on whether or not you want to risk your newly obtained gains. I would eat at maintenance or slightly above for a few weeks before going into a calorie deficit. If I was going to cut at all during PCT I would use Lean Xtreme instead of clen, for the added cortisol-blocking ability. Hope that helps lol.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Also here's a interesting bit of reading.

Endotoxin-Induced Liver Damage in Rats Is Minimized by Beta 2-Adrenoceptor Stimulation

OBJECTIVE AND DESIGN: To investigate the effects of beta(2)-adrenoceptor (beta(2)-AR) stimulation on endotoxin-induced liver damage and systemic cytokine levels in rats. SUBJECTS: Standard male Wistar rats. TREATMENT: A disease-model of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced acute systemic inflammation was used. The beta(2)-selective AR agonist clenbuterol was administered before, during, and after LPS-challenge to investigate its effects on the acute inflammatory response and associated liver-failure. METHODS: The following parameters have been measured in plasma: TNF alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-6, IL-10, AST, ALT, and Bilirubin. Liver histological examination was performed to look for changes in tissue morphology. RESULTS: Administration of clenbuterol (p.o.) one hour before, or intravenous at the same time as LPS-challenge resulted in a marked reduction of plasma levels of TNF alpha, IL-1 beta, and IL-6. A change both in plasma-level and in time-concentration profile of the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 was found. Clenbuterol minimized LPS-induced liver damage, as represented by significantly lowered concentrations of several parameters for liver-failure (AST, ALT, Bilirubin), and improved hepatic tissue morphology. Clenbuterol administration after LPS challenge failed to inhibit TNF alpha-release but reduced liver-damage. Simultaneous use of the beta(2)-AR antagonist propranolol augmented LPS-induced liver failure, suggesting a role of endogenous adrenoceptor-agonists in prevention of organ-failure during systemic inflammation. CONCLUSIONS: The results indicate that a selective beta(2)-AR agonist might be used as an additional therapeutic agent in the clinic for the treatment of (acute) systemic inflammatory disorders in order to reduce or prevent subsequent liver failure.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
so that article basically says it helps your liver right?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
that is not a good idea if you plan to take it because it might help your liver. clen causes cardiac cell necrosis. tht would be like trading your heart for your liver. the liver will heal on its own, not so much the heart.

not even gonna comment on the clen pct part, its still a debate

stamp_on_kids

Awards
Well from a personal stand point, I have run it during pct and I wont be doing it again. If you run it I suggest starting low, like 20, and maybe going up to 40, maybe 60. I ran it from 40 - 100.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
that is not a good idea if you plan to take it because it might help your liver. clen causes cardiac cell necrosis. tht would be like trading your heart for your liver. the liver will heal on its own, not so much the heart.

not even gonna comment on the clen pct part, its still a debate
good point!! I'd rather spare my heart. ill prolly wait a month or two after completing pct then 2week on 2off with the clen

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Yeah that said it's good for your liver, but I wouldn't Consider that fact, it's just one study. And yeah I don't know how I feel about clen's catabolism, but there's just no reason to have the same debate again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Davy25 Anabolics 3
Anabolics 9
shakenblake Anabolics 1
SellMeSanity Anabolics 9
ISU152 Anabolics 18