U.S. Poll: Large Minority Fear, Mistrust Muslims - AnabolicMinds.com

U.S. Poll: Large Minority Fear, Mistrust Muslims

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    ArnoldIsMyIdol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    285

    Reputation

    U.S. Poll: Large Minority Fear, Mistrust Muslims


    U.S. Poll: Large Minority Fear, Mistrust Muslims

    Nearly four in 10 Americans admit having feelings of prejudice against Muslims living in the U.S. – and are in favor of having Muslims carry a special ID, a new Gallup poll reveals.

    Also, 22 percent of those surveyed said they would not like to have a Muslim as a neighbor.

    Among the findings of the late-July USA Today/Gallup poll:

    # 31 percent of respondents said they would feel nervous if they noticed a Muslim man on their airplane flight, and 18 percent would feel nervous about a Muslim woman flying with them.

    # Less than half – 49 percent – feel that Muslims living in the U.S. are loyal to this country.

    # 34 percent believe American Muslims are sympathetic to the al-Qaida terrorist organization.

    # 40 percent of respondents said they believe Muslims in the U.S. are not respectful of other religions, and 44 percent said Muslims are too extreme in their religious beliefs.

    # A slight majority – 52 percent – believe Muslims are not respectful of women.

    # 39 percent said the U.S. should require Muslims to carry a special ID, and 57 percent believe they should undergo more intensive security checks at airports.

    # 39 percent said they "have at least some feelings of prejudice against Muslims,” 59 percent said they did not, and 2 percent had no opinion.



    Opinions are different, however, among Americans who are personally acquainted with a Muslim, the poll disclosed.

    For example, only 10 percent of those who know a Muslim said they would not want one as a neighbor, and 24 percent believe Muslims should carry a special ID – compared to 50 percent among those who don’t know a Muslim.

  2. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Sigh.
  3. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191394

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Thats just too bad, man. That's what war will do to you. Remember in WW2 there was a witch-hunt for Japanese 'spies' ... alot of them were rounded up and jailed.

    With studies like this, it's no wonder their ranks are growing.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    MaynardMeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    676

    Reputation

    well, i am sure these feelings would change if they islamic world stood up and protested by the millions as they did against the cartoons, but this time for the thousands of "muslims" that are killing people.

    but.. they don't. They say islam is the religion of peace then they must start splitting away from those groups... until they don't this is their own doing.
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MaynardMeek
    well, i am sure these feelings would change if they islamic world stood up and protested by the millions as they did against the cartoons, but this time for the thousands of "muslims" that are killing people.

    but.. they don't. They say islam is the religion of peace then they must start splitting away from those groups... until they don't this is their own doing.
    They have. I do not understand this view that North American Muslim groups have not, or are not doing anything to seperate themselves from the extremists.

    It is misinformation/prejudice that caused these results.
  6. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    They have. I do not understand this view that North American Muslim groups have not, or are not doing anything to seperate themselves from the extremists.

    It is misinformation/prejudice that caused these results.
    I've seen very little of it honestly. Yes, a few groups have, but there has been no overwhelming condemnation. And, to top it off, I've talked to very few muslims who can honestly condemn al-qaeda, hizzbollah, etc, without having to bring up "the occupations" etc. That's telling IMO. Now, would I say these are dangerous people? No. But, its easy to understand where this prejudice comes from. There is no reason for the people to trust the majority of muslim-americans when all they hear about is zionists this, the occupation that, al-qaeda's gonna hit ya with a wiffle ball bat. bleh.

    This is the major difference between the muslim-americans today and the japanese americans in wwII. The Japanese American's during WWII made it known that they understood the severity of the situation and took it in stride.
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    I've seen very little of it honestly. Yes, a few groups have, but there has been no overwhelming condemnation. And, to top it off, I've talked to very few muslims who can honestly condemn al-qaeda, hizzbollah, etc, without having to bring up "the occupations" etc. That's telling IMO. Now, would I say these are dangerous people? No. But, its easy to understand where this prejudice comes from. There is no reason for the people to trust the majority of muslim-americans when all they hear about is zionists this, the occupation that, al-qaeda's gonna hit ya with a wiffle ball bat. bleh.

    This is the major difference between the muslim-americans today and the japanese americans in wwII. The Japanese American's during WWII made it known that they understood the severity of the situation and took it in stride.

    I must say I have to disagree with your first point Kwyck. I have noticed every major Islamic group in both the United States and Canada condemn Islamic Extremism on many occasions, including groups which have been labelled "extremist" on their own. Such as CAIR who organized the press conference mentioned below, and who also run PSA's condemning extremism.

    Islam strictly condemns religious extremism and the use of violence against innocent lives. There is no justification in Islam for extremism or terrorism. Targeting civilians' life and property through suicide bombings or any other method of attack is haram – or forbidden - and those who commit these barbaric acts are criminals, not martyrs ... In the light of the teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah we clearly and strongly state: 1. All acts of terrorism targeting civilians are haram (forbidden) in Islam. 2. It is haram for a Muslim to cooperate with any individual or group that is involved in any act of terrorism or violence. 3. It is the civic and religious duty of Muslims to cooperate with law enforcement authorities to protect the lives of all civilians. We issue this fatwa following the guidance of our scripture, the Qur’an, and the teachings of our Prophet Muhammad – peace be upon him.
    That quote was found in the below link, from a multi-agency press conference held in 2005, and those groups still make continuing efforts today to condemn terrorism and misuse of Islam. If that is not outright condemnation, I am not sure what is.

    The Council on American-Islamic Relations - CAIR: Article Contents

    Other groups such as the MPAC work VERY closely with US government organizations to weed out suspicious activity within their community and have done nothing but completely condemn terrorism in any form and cooperate with it's prevention in the United States.

    I think one thing that needs to be understood is there is not the centralism in the Muslim religion that there is in Christianity, with all Muslims following a central front.
  8. New Member
    The Colonel 333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    133

    Reputation

    Well, I have to say I agree with all of your responses to some extent. Part of the problem is the news does not really cover when a group of muslims speak out against the extremist, there not filming inside the mosques when they condem Osama or others, but on the other hand the are not really oranizing big rallies to protest against the radical elements either. (which of course would make national news). The other part of the problem is it is a lot easier to wish death upon those you hate and it is alot easier to hate all of them rather than spend your time and energy figuring out which ones are good and which ones are bad. The middle east is a complicated part of the world and one we in America understand very little about. Hell most people were suprised to find out after 9/11 that there were a group[s] of people that wanted us wiped of the face of the earth. A lot of people think all this is new. They don't remember the 80's bombing of the Marine barracks in beruit, or the taking of 400 hostages by Iran in the 70's. So it does not supprise me to see those numbers. Think about it this way. ....let's say a group of white catholics started boming asia. Would you be suprised if asians started having predjudes torwards ALL white catholics ? I would'nt.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Oh for sure, I can see why some prejudice would arise as a result of Extremist action, just the insinuation that the prejudice is a result of the actions of non-Extremist Muslims bothered me.
  10. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    I must say I have to disagree with your first point Kwyck. I have noticed every major Islamic group in both the United States and Canada condemn Islamic Extremism on many occasions, including groups which have been labelled "extremist" on their own. Such as CAIR who organized the press conference mentioned below, and who also run PSA's condemning extremism.
    They condemn generalizations now and then, yeah, I've seen that. Its just been very weak IMO.


    C.A.I.R. is a poor example. I'll start digging up new articles, etc later Man, they've had a horrible history with their faculty being imprisoned for terrorist acts/links, the head of CAIR Los Angeles (Hussam Ayloush) referring to Israeli's as Zionazi's, their support for Hama,etc,etc. They provide lipservice.

    I've gotta give gimpy some attention then hit the gym. I'll get back at this one tonight
  11. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    I have to say most of those numbers are shockingly low. Remember Mohammed, their prophet was a brutal killer. I dont trust any person that thinks a brutal killer is a prophet of god, and a person to model your life after. Not to mention Mohammed's 9 year old wife whom he had sex with. Im not making a word of this up, its all in the Koran and Hadith. I know some hyper sensetive moon bat will accuse me of being racist. Well if stating a fact is racist, then racist I am.

    The fact is a frightening number of Muslims are very sympathetic to terrorist causes. I have heard American Muslims say its over 70%. Usually all I hear is them condemning Israel and the US, and not any terrorists. They may not fully condone the acts of terrorists, but a large percentage of Muslims make political excuses for brutal terrorist acts. Well Leftists usually make political excuses too. Its funny how leftist Michael Mooreons ally themselves with the most genocidal, fascist and oppressive and brutal people on the planet.
  12. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Quran
    Qur’an:9:5 “Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.”

    Qur’an:9:112 “The Believers fight in Allah’s Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed.”

    Qur’an:9:29 “Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission.”

    Ishaq:325 “Muslims, fight in Allah’s Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious.”

    Qur’an:8:39 “Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.”

    Qur’an:8:65 “O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding.”

    Qur’an:9:123 “Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you.”

    Qur’an 2:191 “And kill them wherever you find and catch them. Drive them out from where they have turned you out; for Al-Fitnah (polytheism, disbelief, oppression) is worse than slaughter.”
    Maybe this is why some dont trust Muslims, you think?
    Dont try and say this is just the few out of context quotes from the Quran. I can pull up hudreds more realy easy if you want.
    I am not saying all Muslims are peacful, but Islam is NOT a peaceful religion. Mohammed was a warrior during the crusades after all.

    You can pull out all the Islam is a peaceful religion crap, but it just isnt true. Islam is a 2-sided religion, but look at the Middle East and tell me which side most follow.
  13. New Member
    The Colonel 333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    133

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris
    I have to say most of those numbers are shockingly low. Remember Mohammed, their prophet was a brutal killer. I dont trust any person that thinks a brutal killer is a prophet of god, and a person to model your life after. Not to mention Mohammed's 9 year old wife whom he had sex with. Im not making a word of this up, its all in the Koran and Hadith. I know some hyper sensetive moon bat will accuse me of being racist. Well if stating a fact is racist, then racist I am.

    The fact is a frightening number of Muslims are very sympathetic to terrorist causes. I have heard American Muslims say its over 70%. Usually all I hear is them condemning Israel and the US, and not any terrorists. They may not fully condone the acts of terrorists, but a large percentage of Muslims make political excuses for brutal terrorist acts. Well Leftists usually make political excuses too. Its funny how leftist Michael Mooreons ally themselves with the most genocidal, fascist and oppressive and brutal people on the planet.
    Did I miss something here ? what does Micheal Moore have to do with any of this ? and which genocidal maniac is he allied with ?
  14. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4885

    Reputation

    I know nothing of Islam and I refuse to denegrate anyone based on religious beliefs or race as I feel it's indefensibly wrong,however in light of the fact that every terrorist on 9/11 were young men of arab decent I can see why people would have these kind of stereotypical attitudes.Not saying they are right or wrong just that it's understandable.
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS
    I know nothing of Islam and I refuse to denegrate anyone based on religious beliefs or race as I feel it's indefensibly wrong,however in light of the fact that every terrorist on 9/11 were young men of arab decent I can see why people would have these kind of stereotypical attitudes.Not saying they are right or wrong just that it's understandable.


    CNorris, you are right, and I will not challenge you those are quotes directly from the Quran. However, if you would have read into each one of those quotes more directly (and in fact a few were not even the proper verbage) instead of copying and pasting, you would have seen that some of them were out of context. For example:



    Quote Originally Posted by Quran 9:5
    But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is oft-forgiving, Most merciful
    That was the first quote you used. If you had read into it further you would have seen that statement was made in the middle of a battle, and had NO reference to the same sentiment to be carried out after. It would be like a Canadian Prime Minister saying to his troops "Kill all Germans where neccessary" during WWII and then you quoting him after.

    Yet, I digress. Neither you or I understand enough about the Quran or Islam to sit here and trade randomn quotes that we could pull up in favour of EITHER of our arguments. The only reason I pointed out what I pointed out above is that I felt you actually were using your quotes out of context, however, I could do the exact same thing in favour of mine. So, let us not do that because I think it is a fruitless argument. Religious texts can be taken out of context so very easily in support of virtually any cause and I do not think that is a productive way to debate.
  16. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Found this surfing the web and was reminded of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.telegraph.co.uk
  17. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel 333
    Did I miss something here ? what does Micheal Moore have to do with any of this ? and which genocidal maniac is he allied with ?
    The Far Left tries to politically justify terrorists such as Bin Laden. Its America's fault for supporting Israel's right to exist after all. Its America's fault 911 happened right. Dont pretend there arent tons of leftists in America with this pathetic mind set.
  18. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    As members of the BB'ing community (especially those of us who partake in responsible anabolic steroids use--myself included ) we are unfairly mislabelled very often by the media and general public because of a misunderstanding of our "culture" so to speak. This misunderstanding is brought on by the irresponsible actions of an unfortunately vocal minority (Greg Valentino, Amy Shipley, etc.,) and our misrepresentation by various organizations (FDA). Are we annoyed and angered by this misrepresentation? I think all of us would agree, yes. Do we rally in the streets in mass numbers? If we do, I sure am missing it. Sound familiar?

    Now, I do recognize that these two situations are vastly differing in the severity of their reprecussions. Irresponsible anabolic steroids users may kill injure or kill themselves, and Extremist Muslims kill thousands of innocent people. However, the unfair misrepresentation that results in a general misconception, IMO, is the same. When steroids are mentioned in the general media, you will notice they do not strive to differentiate the responsible users and their practices from those who use them irresponsibly, a user is a user--plain and simple. The same type of incomplete reporting, coupled with a very selective reception/perception by the public--especially in a time of intense vulnerability as the United States was after 9/11--more than likely resulted in some underlying prejudice about the Nation of Islam to be created that still pervades today. There are not many of us (on this site at least) who use AAS in the way the media portrays, but the few that do unfortunately create that stigma for all of us, I do not think it is a complete stretch to see the similarity to the Muslim world.

    My point is that we should not be so quick to assume anything about the Nation of Islam or it's general people because they are not gathering in the streets of the United States by the millions to protest Terrorist actions to differentiate themselves from those same individuals.
  19. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    If you want to learn about Islam, look at the life of Mohammed. Saying he live a peaceful life is like saying Mother Theresea was a terrorist. Mohammed was a warrior. Its no wonder Muslims of today believe its their duty to be warriors under the name of Allah. Im not saying all Muslims are violent, but to say a few terrorists are misrepersenting Islam is baseless. Many of them are following in the foot steps of Mohammed. So who's misrepresenting Islam? The ones following in the foot steps of Mohammed, or the peaceful and open minded ones?
  20. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Mohammed was an opportunistic power hungry leader. He knew how to manipulate people the right way to create a formidable fighting force with which to carve out his kingdom. Mohammed basiclaly took a bunch of oppressed people, told them stories about the afterlife and how he's a prophet and all the wonderful things they'll be given when they die if they follow him into war.

    As a result, myraids flocked to him and became essentially raving berserkers. He made them that way by preaching violence and hatred.

    However, once the wars were over and he had a kingdom to rule, he needed things to calm down. Raving berserkers looking to kill at a moments notice are only good far conquering, not for maintaining a kingdom. So he suddenly changed tunes and started preaching peace. So the people for the most part calmed down.



    Islam is a religion of opportunity, not of peace. It was and is a tool for control and nothing more. Just like all religions.
  21. Senior Member
    MaynardMeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    676

    Reputation

    I judge what is a protest and a meaningful protest by the scale of what i saw during the cartoon protests. If muslims outside of the US gave one little ounce of care that their religion is being taken over, that their governments are being taken by these islamists, then they must go out in force, burn down their terrorist buildings, burn pictures of these "leaders" in the streets.... take their nations back. Until that happens.. in the minds of many americans and people in the free world that hold true to the values of a free market that isn't controlled by religion.. well continue to look upon this very large religion as hostile.

    This war will not be won by christian, or jewish forces. It can be killed off and blown off the face of the earth, but a true win.. a true change in mindset must come from within. I see no passion to make that happen. I would love to see something. I am pro muslim, i have very good relations with my students who are of the muslim community and with them i have come to agree that Israel, though God has not allowed them back into God's grace, should be in Germany...But I also understand that the international community defined this Zionist state, that happens to have Jews living in it, and they should be recognized and defended. Just as the fuzzy boarders of Egypt and other middle eastern nations.
  22. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Gosh I love this. Some people are soooo naive!!

    ...But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is oft-forgiving, Most merciful..."
    You think this is cool, genius?!

    It says they are going to ****ing hunt you down and freaking kill all you sobs UNTIL you freaking repent and CONVERT TO ISLAM!!

    Yeah Allah is most forgiving and most merciful. But Islamo facists are NOT!

    Nobody knows if Muhammad was mouthing off in the middle of battle in the sandpit. But the Islamo facists are treating it like a direct order.

    If it was about a damn battle, he should be saying, STOP as soon as the aggression ceases. But noooo... he said, only stop, when they repent and come to our prayer.. blah blah... Those things, "establish regular prayers and practise regular charity" are what muslims are required to perform!
  23. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MaynardMeek
    I judge what is a protest and a meaningful protest by the scale of what i saw during the cartoon protests. If muslims outside of the US gave one little ounce of care that their religion is being taken over, that their governments are being taken by these islamists, then they must go out in force, burn down their terrorist buildings, burn pictures of these "leaders" in the streets.... take their nations back. Until that happens.. in the minds of many americans and people in the free world that hold true to the values of a free market that isn't controlled by religion.. well continue to look upon this very large religion as hostile.

    This war will not be won by christian, or jewish forces. It can be killed off and blown off the face of the earth, but a true win.. a true change in mindset must come from within. I see no passion to make that happen. I would love to see something. I am pro muslim, i have very good relations with my students who are of the muslim community and with them i have come to agree that Israel, though God has not allowed them back into God's grace, should be in Germany...But I also understand that the international community defined this Zionist state, that happens to have Jews living in it, and they should be recognized and defended. Just as the fuzzy boarders of Egypt and other middle eastern nations.
    Exactly!! Until the muslims do more than just freaking whinning and complaining about how the term Islamo facists offends their self esteem, and actually do something to cleanse their religion off the poisonous carcinogen aka hate preachers, and murderous fanatics, it is all just empty lip-service and BS excuses.

    They wouldn't do it. B/c the fanatics in their midst will just come over and kill them. Condemning America, the West and the Jews is a lot safer, and a lot more self righteous.

    Musharraf's administration is attempting to cleanse the hate preachers off Pakistan. They have been trying to kill him ever since.

    Sadat was murdered. The Hashemite kingdom is currently marked for death.
  24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Ignore list is a beautiful thing

  25. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    But others will read about it. Rest assured that when you post wrong info, I will try my best to point that out.

    I was dead on when I told you you were just at the beginning of your journal and had a long way to go before anyone would take you seriously.

    To be a good journalist, requires a lot. First, You need to be able to get your facts straight. Second, when the facts prove you wrong, you need to summon the courage and the integrity to own up to it and to correct your mistakes.

    So, our young Canadian friend at the Journalism school, certainly has a long long way to go......
  26. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Second, when the facts prove you wrong, you need to summon the courage and the integrity to own up to it and to correct your mistakes.
    We ALL need to learn humility. There's several of us here in this thread that could put this to use. Not just our "canadian" friend.
  27. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    When my facts are wrong, please post the proof. I will be the first one to admit them. Because then I can correct my mistakes and stop being wrong again.


    Prove me wrong! Prove me wrong!
  28. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Ignore the truth and it will go away! Mohammed spread flowers and skipped up and down the streets preaching peace, love, joy and equality among all men!
  29. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    I thought that was Mahatma Gandhi.... I think you are mixing up your Mohammad with Mahatma.
  30. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris
    Ignore the truth and it will go away! Mohammed spread flowers and skipped up and down the streets preaching peace, love, joy and equality among all men!
    What truth am I ignoring? Individuals can become so engrained in what they believe is true that they begin to accept that as fact. What is dangerous about that is you preclude yourself from ever rethinking what constitutes your knowledge set, or beliefs. You have posted what you think, I in turn, posted what I think of this situation. Are you Muslim? Am I? No. Do any of us preach or study that Faith? No. Even if we did we could not relate, at least responsibly, what that Faith tells as FACT. Religion is individual interpretation of doctrine, based on the individual connection one has with that doctrine. Which, ironically enough is the cause of Terrorism in this case. So, please, do not tell me I am ignoring facts when you have posted none. Only your speculation, vs. mine on a heated topic.
  31. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Exactly my thoughts on this whole damn topic. Opinions and beliefs being thrown around as facts.

    If you refuse to believe you're wrong bio, you can not be proven wrong. Regardless of what you're shown. You have shown by the ferocity of your postings here that you definately believe what you're posting. Which is fine. However, you post asking to be proven wrong when you have no intent or belief this can be done. And there is the problem.
  32. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Islam is not a peaceful religion. Thats a fact! There are peaceful Muslims, that is also a fact. There are muslims that interpret Islam in a peaceful way, that is a fact. It just sickens me when people say Muslims following in the footsteps of Mohammed are a small minority mis-representing Islam. Thats about as ignorant as it gets.
  33. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    two small quotes come to mind when I enter a politics or religion debate/thread

    The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.
    It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.
  34. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Exactly my thoughts on this whole damn topic. Opinions and beliefs being thrown around as facts.

    If you refuse to believe you're wrong bio, you can not be proven wrong. Regardless of what you're shown. You have shown by the ferocity of your postings here that you definately believe what you're posting. Which is fine. However, you post asking to be proven wrong when you have no intent or belief this can be done. And there is the problem.
    I said bring me the proof where I am factually wrong. Belief has **** sh1t to do with facts.

    If all you have is just you saying my opinion is wrong, then that doesn't mean squat. It is just one opinion against another opionion.

    P.S. The drama thingy? Those were just acting, for show. I was just demonstrating how to stick it to the poison pen politics the extreme lefties love to practice. Kind of the politic's equivalent to shock and awe warfare.
  35. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris
    Islam is not a peaceful religion. Thats a fact! There are peaceful Muslims, that is also a fact. There are muslims that interpret Islam in a peaceful way, that is a fact. It just sickens me when people say Muslims following in the footsteps of Mohammed are a small minority mis-representing Islam. Thats about as ignorant as it gets.
    It was not created during a peaceful time, or under peaceful terms no. As Jay's quotes below illustrate, you approach this topic/debate with a certain mindframe. That being so I could show you a thousand quotes from the Quran which "disprove", in my eyes, what you are saying. Yet, since you are so entrenched in your belief that Arab-Terrorists are the ones truly following the words of Mohammed, and the general Muslim population are not, I could never convince you otherwise.

    What I find interesting is how the majority of debates on this whole fiasco have keyed in only on the religious aspects of the conflict. A Jeudeo-Christian vs. Muslim perspective. The Nation Of Islam represents an entire cross-section of people in the Middle East and abroad. None of the points in this thread have mentioned in anyway that there are socio-political aspects, which are very deep-rooted, which have no doubt exacerbated the religious motivations for attacks. Well that could not be, could it? It must be that they are only crazed people following exactly the word of the Quran without any misinterpretation. There is no way that they, just like you, are percieving a text or situation so it can be used to justify their point. There is just no way that there are a myriad of factors to consider here, just cannot be. Every Muslim deserves exactly what prejudice they recieve because of other Muslims who more than likely aren't even of the same ethnicity. That must be it.
  36. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    That's all this is anyways...Both sides of the arguement are getting its facts from the internet.

    Wanna start a global warming debate? I bet both sides can post scientific facts...yet both sides will say how the other sides are ****ed in their process. Even if both sides are from studies and scientists etc etc.

    I'm saying that if you come into this in the mindset of it being a debate then you are essentially coming in to prove the other side wrong. How do you expect to learn anything if you are already set in your belief? And how the hell can you expect the other side to do what you refuse to do?
  37. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    .... The Nation Of Islam represents an entire cross-section of people in the Middle East and abroad. ...
    The Nation of Islam? WTF? Louis Farrakhan?

    Nation of Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It has **** sh1t to do with the Middle East.
  38. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    That's all this is anyways...Both sides of the arguement are getting its facts from the internet.

    Wanna start a global warming debate? I bet both sides can post scientific facts...yet both sides will say how the other sides are ****ed in their process. Even if both sides are from studies and scientists etc etc.

    I'm saying that if you come into this in the mindset of it being a debate then you are essentially coming in to prove the other side wrong. How do you expect to learn anything if you are already set in your belief? And how the hell can you expect the other side to do what you refuse to do?
    Until proven otherwise, which is extremely unlikely, unless I have been careless with my facts, which again, is very unlikely, , my facts are right. My opinion is just what it is, an opinion. Feel free to take it or leave it. Nobody has to take anything I say at face value. Go verify the info yourself, if you want to. Ignore them if you want to. All the same to me.

    What I don't do, is to bullsh1t around and pretend that the BS stuffs posted by some people actually has merit. When it is crap, it IS crap.
  39. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Aww. I viewed this one post of yours just for you Hun! Thanks for proving a point Bio. Not able to resond accordingly, or intelligibly debate the point, you chose instead to attack, as I have seen you do mulitiple times a small error in my grammar.

    For one who speaks so strongly on intelligent debate, proving and disproving facts I find it extremely telling that in every--and I mean--every political thread you are involved in you resort to this behaviour as your refuge. How does you pointing that out defend or prove your point in anyway? I will answer that for you, it does not.

    You have weak arguments reliant soley on the "googability" of said topic.
  40. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Get it all out fellas cause this train has been derailed. I suggest opening a thread on debating etiquette. Closing in 5.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. U.S. Poll: Large Minority Fear, Mistrust Muslims
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 03:45 PM
  2. Poll:Situps/crunches
    By curt2go in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:05 AM
  3. your preference,poll.
    By inertia in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 03:23 PM
  4. Large amounts of bulk protein...
    By Jcc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 06:59 PM
  5. Finally got my minor surgery done this morning
    By AlexParty in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in