Another Bush in the White House?

Speischerkater

Awards
Pres. Bush proposed his Brother Jeb as a candidate it seems. So would you vote another Bush into the white house? Is it enough? Will you rename the President to "King" and make the USA a hereditary monarchy? Do you think Jeb could be even worse than George W.?? Questions over questions from good ole germany...

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jeb Bush will be an even more effective President. The country and the free world will be truly blessed to have him at the highest office in the free world.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
if you sorta haven't figured out the American system of government.. usually everyone holding the position as president has some sort of connection with each other.. do some research and figure it out..presidents are not elected.. they are groomed and formed. Just like any other nation of power's heads of state.

as for george and jeb.. jeb would be a better international president then george.. but not as much of a suck up and horrid as bill clinton.

Jeb is a more true republican but is more on the right side in terms of spending. Socially he is a jon mccain but less fake... george.. i have no idea what he is.. but he really doesn't act like a republican.

Either way, i would not worry, countries that are worried are either doing something wrong... or want to. lol jk.. You really shouldn't worry.. american people just like your germans and any other proud people.. will ellect what you think is best for your nation. IE Hitler. Bush is no Hitler.. in both good and bad ways... but he was needed at the time.

I would be scared and have this 1938 feeling now about Iran. The UN, American liberals want to sit down and chit chat with this guy.. same as they wanted to do with hitler.... we all know what went on after that failed...

ps.. do you feel that your nation is still under american occupation since we have been there for some time now.

Speischerkater

Awards
if you sorta haven't figured out the American system of government.. usually everyone holding the position as president has some sort of connection with each other.. do some research and figure it out..presidents are elected.. they are groomed and formed. Just like any other nation of power's heads of state.

as for george and jeb.. jeb would be a better international president then george.. but not as much of a suck up and horrid as bill clinton.

Jeb is a more true republican but is more on the left side. A jon mccain but less fake... george.. i have no idea what he is.. but he really doesn't act like a republican.

Either way, i would not worry, countries that are worried are either doing something wrong... or want to. lol jk.. You really shouldn't worry.. american people just like your germans and any other proud people.. will ellect what you think is best for your nation. IE Hitler. Bush is no Hitler.. in both good and bad ways... but he was needed at the time.

I would be scared and have this 1938 feeling now about Iran. The UN, American liberals want to sit down and chit chat with this guy.. same as they wanted to do with hitler.... we all know what went on after that failed...

ps.. do you feel that your nation is still under american occupation since we have been there for some time now.
Are you being sarcastic or do you think i am dumb?
Because i was being sarcastic up there.
Belive me i know the american political system probably better than most people on this board.

I just wanted to provoke a discussion and i didn't want it to turn in any discussion about Hitler or occupation but that's the first thing coming your mind when you hear 'germany'. second would be 'bier', third 'wurst'.

I know that your system being a presidential system has a clearly anti-1700s europe touch to it, and i have also read the federalist papers.

But maybe you can get it into your heads that you cannot just bomb any country because you think it's right.
I do agree with Iran being a threat to the world, but the Iraq war was (actually IS) a total disaster.

Speischerkater

Awards
What's so bad about it?

edit: Just to explain my comment: I am studying for a masters dgree in politic science. I have done several studies on american politics, from the federalist papers to Bush administration bilateral economic relations. When i talk about american politics, it is from a european perspective, because i was born and raised there. When i ask you guys here, i am looking for your opinions. No need to tell me you vote your president.

Speischerkater

Awards
You sound like an ass.

Sorry, i didn't want to offend anybody, i just wanted to make clear that i know what i am talking about.

Blame it on my bad english then.
Zat maybe ze reason, Herr Brent!:D ;)

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you being sarcastic or do you think i am dumb?
Because i was being sarcastic up there.
Belive me i know the american political system probably better than most people on this board.

I just wanted to provoke a discussion and i didn't want it to turn in any discussion about Hitler or occupation but that's the first thing coming your mind when you hear 'germany'. second would be 'bier', third 'wurst'.

I know that your system being a presidential system has a clearly anti-1700s europe touch to it, and i have also read the federalist papers.

But maybe you can get it into your heads that you cannot just bomb any country because you think it's right.
I do agree with Iran being a threat to the world, but the Iraq war was (actually IS) a total disaster.
Don't pretend that you know anything about what goes on in America's political system just because you read some ancient historic documents.

We are not conducting our affairs based on some ancient documents.

If you think Iraq is a total disaster, that just proves that you don't really know what it going on over there, and have been getting your information from your biased, anti American media.

Oh yeah... for your info, we don't bomb any country just because we feel that we are right. We conduct policies and actions that are beneficial to our strategic interest.

Furthermore, if you actually KNOW about our political system, then you would know that there is no hereditary crap. Jeb Bush will have to fight for the GOP's nomination, and if he gets the nod, he will then go on to fight the Democrate's nominee and other 3rd party spoilers, in order to ascend to the highest office in the country.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OTOH, if you are just here to start a bash fest on Bush, I am sure you can round up a party on that. There are a truckload of Bush haters here. lol

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
The only bush that should ever be allowed in the white house again should be in the first lady's skirt.(yep biohazzard, I'm oficially lighting the torches and rounding up the bush haters:D )

darkpoet3113

Awards
Mein deutscher Freund, ich apoloise für meine Mitfreunde auf hier.. Dort kein Erbarmen für die Mehrheit in amerika... Anfeuerungen, nimmt Sorgenanfeuerungen
, darkpoet

darkpoet3113

Awards
Ach ist spiescherkater, ein Ding, die Sie kennen müssen, dass Sie wahrscheinlich mehr um amerikanisch Geschichte wissen, die am meisten auf diesem Ausschuss. Leute in amerika sind schrecklich mit Geschichte und nur was sie glaubt, lesen mich, dass ich weiß, dass ich amercian. bin, glaubt aber ist in einer europäischen Rede um ein Kulturgeklirr aufgewachsen! lol ich weiß, dass Sie nur versuchten, eine Diskussion anzufangen, aber
belästige nicht, nicht wert es Forum..
cheers,
darkpoet3113

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
no wasnt germany bashing or anything, lived there for a month actually.. time of my life
.. i am just saying a people ellect what is needed. i actually find hitler to be one of the greatest leaders of the 20th even though his ways were not kosher and the germany today is not the germany of WW2 so no i do not think of hitler... but yes.. beer, wurst and david hasselhoff... cars too... oh and knives.

my question on american occupation... do you feel that since ww2 the american troops still in your country has not allowed for your own growth and direction.. thats all...

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Furthermore, if you actually KNOW about our political system, then you would know that there is no hereditary crap. Jeb Bush will have to fight for the GOP's nomination, and if he gets the nod, he will then go on to fight the Democrate's nominee and other 3rd party spoilers, in order to ascend to the highest office in the country.
Yeah genius... we're not governed by a monarchy, but thanks for the special ed political history lesson. I pray that the Wechsler, or even the Wonderlic test becomes the barrier to entry to run for the nom. You and your buddy Jeb would be excluded. Jeb makes GW look like Niels Bohr.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
He denies he's even interested, and a long list of political analysts have already written him off with the belief that the appearance of political nepotism would be too unseemly for voters to put the brother of the current president in the Oval Office. But in politics timing is everything, and as the clock advances towards 2008, things are starting to fall into place to give Jeb Bush the momentum he needs to win the White House. And this isn't contingent on Hillary Clinton emerging as the Democrats' nominee--though if she does, the path will be all the smoother for another Bush.

Let's first dispense with the idea that Jeb's biggest liability would be his last name. Since when does name recognition hurt in politics? It's true that many of this brother's political adversaries would simply cross out "George" in their campaign literature and ink in "Jeb" above it. MoveOn.org and other Democratic interest groups would find plenty of willing donors. George Soros would likely make another multimillion-dollar pledge to drive the Bushes from Washington. But then again, they did all that last time, and we aren't discussing who will challenge President Kerry.

Misunderestimation isn't enough for Jeb to win, of course. Ideas matter more in politics than having an "electable" candidate. Right now the ideas of the Bush family are ascendant. Bush 43 didn't win the White House on the coattails of his father. Name recognition didn't hurt, nor had all the contacts he'd made in politics. But the fact that Bush 41 lost to Bill Clinton in 1992 meant that George W. Bush had a particularly steep hill to climb within his own party. Republicans who stayed home to see the father lose would not have put the son over the top in 2000 unless he'd won them over first.

Before stepping out onto the national stage, this Bush generation's ideas of incrementally smaller government proved popular with voters in two large states. George W. Bush defeated Democratic incumbent Ann Richards in 1994 to become governor of Texas and was re-elected in 1998. The Lone Star State is clearly among the most conservative in the country, but Gov. Bush helped turn what was once a reliably Democratic state into one where Republicans now dominate. Jeb, meanwhile, lost a hard-fought race for governor in Florida in 1994. But he came back four years later and was re-elected in 2002, despite the residual bitterness from the 2000 presidential election and the Democrats' decision to make his defeat a priority.

With a strong string of electoral victories, why would Republicans now turn their backs on the Bushes? It certainly wouldn't be because of Jeb's record in Florida. He's been steadily amassing an antitax, bedrock conservative record over the past seven years. There's not much there that the party's base is going to hate. Indeed, before he lost in 1994, the scuttlebutt on Jeb was that he was "the conservative Bush."

Political symmetry also favors Jeb Bush. Even if President Bush manages to get some sort of private Social Security account this year, it's now becoming clear that the bulk of the reform is unlikely to come until after 2008. Bush 43 may succeed in establishing the principle of private accounts within the Social Security system, but it will likely be the next president (perhaps Bush 44) who will have the opportunity to steer the bulk of our payroll taxes into such accounts. Voters gave FDR four back-to-back terms. They may now conclude that replacing the New Deal with an Ownership Deal will take sending a Bush to the White House in three or four successive elections.

Remaking New Deal entitlements into assets individual Americans can own may become a powerful political philosophy that nudges into oblivion FDR's already dwindling coalition of union members and entitlement beneficiaries. Jeb Bush's close association to George W. would be an asset if voters embrace the Ownership Society. By 2008 we'll also likely have a national consensus on how well the democratic experiment is working in Iraq. If Americans continue to support spreading democracy as our best defense against international terrorism, Jeb's last name will also be an asset here as well.

Perhaps the most compelling reason why Jeb Bush shouldn't be written off just yet came Friday with the Labor Department's jobs numbers. With some 200,000 net new jobs created in July and some 3.5 million new jobs over the past two years, it's getting harder to deny we are now in the midst of a Bush boom. John Kerry's claims of a jobless recovery notwithstanding, every job lost after the dot-com crash and the 9/11 attacks has long since been replaced. True, the housing market may yet tumble. But the Fed keeps raising interest rates out of fear the economy will get too hot, not too cold. If we get three more years of solid economic expansion, voters may decide that keeping a Bush in the White House is good for their wallets. After all, the Bush tax cuts are now set to expire in the middle of the next president's first term.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only bush that should ever be allowed in the white house again should be in the first lady's skirt.(yep biohazzard, I'm oficially lighting the torches and rounding up the bush haters:D )
lol I like you. In fact I may even go to your party, and I will bring beer! lol

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah genius... we're not governed by a monarchy, but thanks for the special ed political history lesson. I pray that the Wechsler, or even the Wonderlic test becomes the barrier to entry to run for the nom. You and your buddy Jeb would be excluded. Jeb makes GW look like Niels Bohr.
Was I addressing you specifically, Einstein? I was addressing a foreigner who obviously missed the finer points of our political system.

Btw, get over it. GWB will go down history as one of the greatest US Presidents and will be known as the free world leader who fought and won the global war on terrorism. All your mindless hating amounts to nothing. You can't stop history in the making. So, eat your heart out ! :D

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no wasnt germany bashing or anything, lived there for a month actually.. time of my life
.. i am just saying a people ellect what is needed. i actually find hitler to be one of the greatest leaders of the 20th even though his ways were not kosher and the germany today is not the germany of WW2 so no i do not think of hitler... but yes.. beer, wurst and david hasselhoff... cars too... oh and knives.

my question on american occupation... do you feel that since ww2 the american troops still in your country has not allowed for your own growth and direction.. thats all...
Why the hell are we still stationing troops over there, wasting over a hundred fifty billion dollars each year? We went there to defend Europe. Who the hell are we defending them from these days?

On that note, I heard news that there is rethinking of our Middle East strategy. Words are circulating at the highest level to the tune that, 'Why the hell are we defending the Middle East when the oil there is being repositioned to the Far East countries?'

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Pres. Bush proposed his Brother Jeb as a candidate it seems. So would you vote another Bush into the white house? Is it enough? Will you rename the President to "King" and make the USA a hereditary monarchy? Do you think Jeb could be even worse than George W.?? Questions over questions from good ole germany...
No.

I think JEB needs to be removed from earth right now, by any means necessary.

Clear?

Good.

Peace.

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If Jeb runs, he will have little problem rallying the Republican base and fire up the rank and file. He will also carry the Hispanic votes too, as his wife is a Mexican and his children are biracial and bilingual.

If he picks Giuliani or McCann as VP, that is a sure-in ticket. The Democrates might as well save their campaign money. LOL

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather not see another republican after 2008 ;)

Speischerkater

Awards
Don't pretend that you know anything about what goes on in America's political system just because you read some ancient historic documents.

We are not conducting our affairs based on some ancient documents.

If you think Iraq is a total disaster, that just proves that you don't really know what it going on over there, and have been getting your information from your biased, anti American media.

Oh yeah... for your info, we don't bomb any country just because we feel that we are right. We conduct policies and actions that are beneficial to our strategic interest.

Can you understand english? I was making a joke about it being hereditary, and i also said i read a lot FROM the very begining of your own constitution TO bush administration politics. The Federalist Articles are what your whole Constitution is based on, so it would be very very dumb not to know it.
I know that there are pre elections and the election system, again, i was just being sarcastic.

And YES, european media is often anti-american, but not all of it. i am smart enough not to base my opinions on that.

So i don't know what is going on in Iraq?? Years after the war is officially ended by George W., there are still car bombs blowing up young US-American, british and italian soldiers. How many people have dies since this war has been officially ended??
There is still no gouvernment in Iraq, the Constituition is not accepted by 50% of the iraqi people etc etc. Man don't tell me everything is fine therem because it IS NOT.

And LAST, because i don't like Jeb and Dubya doesn't make me a America hater, or a stupid european that doesn't understand you country. You bush admirers really need to see that someday. You can still love the US and hate Bush, which i don't. I just think his policies suck ass.

Speischerkater

Awards

Haha, yeah we love David Hasselhoff. You can read about his dirty war with his ex wife everyday. :woohoo:

No problem with the occupation though. Ever since i can remember i thought the american soldiers were kind of cool. I can say that in my grandparents generation there were many that were glad to be freed from Hitler by America, Britain and France. The feelings against Russia were different though.
There are almost no Troops here anymore, so i see them maybe once a year on vacation to the south of germany.
Has it slowed us down? No. The way to the US market and the US occupation politics has given Germany, as well as Japan, were the policies were totaly different but as precise as can be, the chance to become a major global player in the economy.

But, and this time again to all the Bush admirers, just because it went good twice or so, doesn't mean it will work in Iraq the same. Some of you tend to see it the way, if it worked in Hitler germany, it will work in Saddam Iraq, because Hitler was worse than Saddam.
The problem is, we are both Christians. You are born out of us. This is Europe.
They are muslims. They hate christians. They call you "the great devil", not "the Land of the Free". They hate you because they fear you destroy their culture.

Speischerkater

Awards
Why the hell are we still stationing troops over there, wasting over a hundred fifty billion dollars each year? We went there to defend Europe. Who the hell are we defending them from these days?

On that note, I heard news that there is rethinking of our Middle East strategy. Words are circulating at the highest level to the tune that, 'Why the hell are we defending the Middle East when the oil there is being repositioned to the Far East countries?'
Missing the finer points of your system? I don't think so. Like i said, i am getting a master degree in political studies. Don't tell me about american history or the political system, it is my job to know it.
So let me tell you why troops are stationed here.
Because it is cheaper to fly from germany to Iran than to fly from the East coast. You are not here to Defend Europe, you are here to defend YOURSELF. It's your military hospitals in germany that save the lives of your soldiers that would never make it to the US because of the long flight.
It his here that your vehicles and stuff is stored for transport.

Speischerkater

Awards
He denies he's even interested, and a long list of political analysts have already written him off with the belief that the appearance of political nepotism would be too unseemly for voters to put the brother of the current president in the Oval Office. But in politics timing is everything, and as the clock advances towards 2008, things are starting to fall into place to give Jeb Bush the momentum he needs to win the White House. And this isn't contingent on Hillary Clinton emerging as the Democrats' nominee--though if she does, the path will be all the smoother for another Bush.

Let's first dispense with the idea that Jeb's biggest liability would be his last name. Since when does name recognition hurt in politics? It's true that many of this brother's political adversaries would simply cross out "George" in their campaign literature and ink in "Jeb" above it. MoveOn.org and other Democratic interest groups would find plenty of willing donors. George Soros would likely make another multimillion-dollar pledge to drive the Bushes from Washington. But then again, they did all that last time, and we aren't discussing who will challenge President Kerry.

Misunderestimation isn't enough for Jeb to win, of course. Ideas matter more in politics than having an "electable" candidate. Right now the ideas of the Bush family are ascendant. Bush 43 didn't win the White House on the coattails of his father. Name recognition didn't hurt, nor had all the contacts he'd made in politics. But the fact that Bush 41 lost to Bill Clinton in 1992 meant that George W. Bush had a particularly steep hill to climb within his own party. Republicans who stayed home to see the father lose would not have put the son over the top in 2000 unless he'd won them over first.

Before stepping out onto the national stage, this Bush generation's ideas of incrementally smaller government proved popular with voters in two large states. George W. Bush defeated Democratic incumbent Ann Richards in 1994 to become governor of Texas and was re-elected in 1998. The Lone Star State is clearly among the most conservative in the country, but Gov. Bush helped turn what was once a reliably Democratic state into one where Republicans now dominate. Jeb, meanwhile, lost a hard-fought race for governor in Florida in 1994. But he came back four years later and was re-elected in 2002, despite the residual bitterness from the 2000 presidential election and the Democrats' decision to make his defeat a priority.

With a strong string of electoral victories, why would Republicans now turn their backs on the Bushes? It certainly wouldn't be because of Jeb's record in Florida. He's been steadily amassing an antitax, bedrock conservative record over the past seven years. There's not much there that the party's base is going to hate. Indeed, before he lost in 1994, the scuttlebutt on Jeb was that he was "the conservative Bush."

Political symmetry also favors Jeb Bush. Even if President Bush manages to get some sort of private Social Security account this year, it's now becoming clear that the bulk of the reform is unlikely to come until after 2008. Bush 43 may succeed in establishing the principle of private accounts within the Social Security system, but it will likely be the next president (perhaps Bush 44) who will have the opportunity to steer the bulk of our payroll taxes into such accounts. Voters gave FDR four back-to-back terms. They may now conclude that replacing the New Deal with an Ownership Deal will take sending a Bush to the White House in three or four successive elections.

Remaking New Deal entitlements into assets individual Americans can own may become a powerful political philosophy that nudges into oblivion FDR's already dwindling coalition of union members and entitlement beneficiaries. Jeb Bush's close association to George W. would be an asset if voters embrace the Ownership Society. By 2008 we'll also likely have a national consensus on how well the democratic experiment is working in Iraq. If Americans continue to support spreading democracy as our best defense against international terrorism, Jeb's last name will also be an asset here as well.

Perhaps the most compelling reason why Jeb Bush shouldn't be written off just yet came Friday with the Labor Department's jobs numbers. With some 200,000 net new jobs created in July and some 3.5 million new jobs over the past two years, it's getting harder to deny we are now in the midst of a Bush boom. John Kerry's claims of a jobless recovery notwithstanding, every job lost after the dot-com crash and the 9/11 attacks has long since been replaced. True, the housing market may yet tumble. But the Fed keeps raising interest rates out of fear the economy will get too hot, not too cold. If we get three more years of solid economic expansion, voters may decide that keeping a Bush in the White House is good for their wallets. After all, the Bush tax cuts are now set to expire in the middle of the next president's first term.
Thank you. this was what i wanted. An opinion.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
haha i am glad you found what you wanted.. but come on.. we are human being and thrive on drama and war so i am not going to just give you what you want without some sort of fight ;-)

anyway..

you are 100% correct in regards to religion being a large part in why the occupation of germany, france etc worked. Even though americans have Jews slung in the mix of Dough Boys, Jews and christians have lived together long enough to just dislike each other like two brothers who wish to act civil during the holidays ( and there are good relations too) but Islam has refused to live with any modernizing religion. It will be harder but it will work. The obvious goal, our world government has is to keep islam.. but much like christianity, to water down islam to this middle of the road, passive, go to services on the high holy days only sort of religion. In short liberalize Islam. We have done it before. Japan. Japan was isolated for longer than islam. We put and had a national leader "see the ways" of the west and over time modernize. During said process, western armies had to deal with large factions of Japan loyalists.. aka samurai. Over time we got rid of them and they fell into history as a romantic sort of people with Tommy Cruse playing an American one (which i think is a bad rip off of the American Ninja movies.. which are kick A$$)

That wont happen to these loyalists today. Mostly because the samurai were true fighters... the loyalists today aren't fighters.. they are just going to kill themselves, plant road side bombs, in short, terrorist acts. Sure they are seen shooting their guns, but only if they are stuck in a corner and cant get out. The world is better off with these people blowing themselves up in their homeland.. the last time a nation sent suicide anything near the united states, we dropped two bombs and made the world a much more freaky place in the process. I am not worried that we would do that again.. mostly we dont have to due to the advancement of our weapons.

But sometimes I just wish some one sends a tidal wave and washes it all away...

"I'd rather not see another republican after 2008"

well.. good thing you are canadian, but i am very proud of who you guys brought into office. :thumbsup: .. depends on the outcome of the 06 midterm ellections. But keep in mind you have not seen what a true republican should be with W Bush. As of right now the public opinon for house and senate is very very low for both parties, even lower than Bush's... its going to be up for grabs. I feel that republicans will keep majority.. the democrats are going to run on the wishes to only do investigations... americans dont really like that.. we want something to move, something to grow. Democrats can win if they stop trying to go after bush. If they start talking about imigration and security.. rather than bush/Iraq or making up NSA program issues.. they will win. Republicans will win if they hold true to their roots. America is a more conservative nation. Though we have a large and loud population on the shores holding very liberal views, the majority are blue blooded, flag waving, God fearing americans. ( good or bad) If the republicans try to become more liberal... they will lose.. and they should... and as of right now.. they are going in that direction... i have to find a new party... hummm Reaganocons...

What does this mean for 08. Through out the years of american poltical fun, Democrats have been on the wrong side of history each time. If in 06, democrats take over the house and senate, americans will not ellect a democrat.. mostly because they really don't have anyone that Americans will truly want. Clinton ( carpet bagger too much like a screaming ex wife), Gore, he could buy his way in due to the amount of money he made through google. ( he invented the internet :blink: ) Kerry, ugh.... Long short of it... Liberals love these people, democrats do not.. ellecting one of these liberals would be like a republican wanting to vote in Pat Robertson... I don't want to go off on a rant here but in reality "good" democrat presidents had great republican houses and senates.. Clinton ( and i am never shy on how i feel about this guy) was about 3 steps better than carter.. and carter sucked.. They both failed as presidents but clinton was saved due to Newt's house.

Anyway i have to stop this..

08 there will be one man for the job.. and that man is...

thetimbomb

Awards
Personally, while I know George W tries hard, he just doesnt always do the right things. The way he handles internal affairs and disasters could definitely be re-worked. I would have to listen to Jeb talk, just because one person in a family makes mistakes does not mean the rest of the family is incompetent or stupid.

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, Germany's military and special warfare units are most capable of defending their own country. Germany is a strategic forward operating theater for our special warfare unit in this war on terror.

rfish1966

Awards
Jarhead-
Count me in buddy.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
someone asked what the next president's name is.. here is some more info on mr. Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney

Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has been widely recognized for his leadership and accomplishments in the worlds of both public service and private enterprise.

Elected in 2002, Governor Romney has presided over a dramatic reversal of state fortunes and a period of sustained economic expansion.
Governor Mitt Romney

Without raising taxes or increasing debt,Governor Romney has balanced the budget every year of his administration, closing a $3 billion budget deficit his first year in office. By eliminating waste, streamlining the government, and enacting comprehensive economic reforms to help spur growth in Massachusetts, Romney helped the state achieve a surplus that currently totals nearly $1 billion.

At the beginning of Governor Romney's term, Massachusetts was losing thousands of jobs every month and businesses were closing their doors.

Today, the unemployment rate is averaging more than a full percentage point lower, hundreds of companies have expanded or moved to Massachusetts, and the state has added more than 37,000 jobs in just the last two years.

One of Governor Romney's top priorities is reforming the education system so that today's children are prepared to compete for good paying jobs in the global economy of the future. In 2004, Governor Romney established the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship Program to reward the top 25 percent of Massachusetts high school students with a four-year, tuition-free scholarship to Massachusetts' state university or colleges.

He has also drafted a wide-ranging package of education reforms, including the recruitment of 1,000 skilled math and science instructors, bonuses of as much as $15,000 a year for top-performing teachers, and important new intervention programs for failing schools.

Governor Romney first attained national recognition for his role in turning around the 2002 Winter Olympics. With the 2002 Games mired in controversy and facing a financial crisis, Romney was asked to take over as President and CEO of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee, leaving behind a successful career as an entrepreneur.

Governor Romney has said he felt compelled to assume the seemingly impossible task of rescuing the Games by both the urgings of his wife, Ann, and by the memory of his father, George Romney, who had been a successful businessman, three-term Governor of Michigan, and a tireless advocate of volunteerism in America.

In his three years at the helm in Salt Lake, Romney erased a $379 million operating deficit, organized 23,000 volunteers, galvanized community spirit, and oversaw an unprecedented security mobilization just months after the September 11th attacks, leading to one of the most successful Olympics in our country's history.

Prior to his Olympic service, Romney enjoyed a noted career helping businesses grow and improve their operations. From 1978 to 1984, Mr.Romney was a Vice President at Bain & Company, Inc., a leading management consulting firm. Following a period of decline after Romney's departure, he returned as CEO several years later and engineered a complete recovery. Today, Bain & Company employs more than 2,000 people in 25 offices worldwide.

In 1984, Romney founded Bain Capital, one of the nation's most successful venture capital and investment companies. Bain Capital helped launch hundreds of companies on a successful course, including Staples, Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Domino's Pizza, Sealy, Brookstone, and The Sports Authority.

Governor Romney has been deeply involved in community and civic affairs, serving extensively in his church and numerous charities including, City Year, the Boy Scouts, and the Points of Light Foundation. He also earned Massachusetts' 1994 Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.

Governor Romney received his B.A., with Highest Honors, from Brigham Young University in 1971. In 1975, he was awarded an MBA from Harvard Business School , where he was named a Baker Scholar, and a J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School.

Governor Romney, 59, and his wife, Ann, have been married for 37 years.

They have five sons (Tagg, Matt, Josh, Ben and Craig), five daughters-in-law (Jen, Laurie, Jen, Mary and Andelyne), and nine grandchildren.

Speischerkater

Awards
:jaw:

OMFG dude, that is the lamest comment I've ever read I think.

It's up there with "You're black so you can't hold a steady job".

Hey, nevermind, it shows he was actually shocked by my comment. :cheers:

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? There's absolutely no way another Bush will be elected in 2008. NO WAY.

George Dummya's current approval rating is 30%... it's not going to drastically increase either unless martian's come out of the sky and hypnotize everyone in the US.

After years of having a president that people think did poorly and disprove of, the OTHER PARTY'S candidate most likely wins. Furthermore, most people don't follow politics... they don't know anything about Jeb, so even if he was completely opposite of Dummya, they wouldn't vote for him. Bush=Bush and they won't want to see another term like the past.

If Jeb runs, he will have little problem rallying the Republican base and fire up the rank and file. He will also carry the Hispanic votes too, as his wife is a Mexican and his children are biracial and bilingual.

If he picks Giuliani or McCann as VP, that is a sure-in ticket. The Democrates might as well save their campaign money. LOL

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
not big enough didn't read the post about jeb.. tisk tisk tisk.. if he did.. he would know that a Name doesn't really matter in ellections

but i do agree with ya Mr. Enough.. he wont win 2008.. mostly.. He isn't runing.. but.. Romney is gunna win!

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
The problem is that American's don't see outside of their shell sometimes. George Dummya is a joke in foreign politics. All you have to do is go overseas to Europe, Asia, you name it and they all laugh at us for electing him. His foreign policy has been miserable and his complete alienation of the rest of the world is laughable. He's forgotten it's a GLOBAL economy now. So as we all complain about gas prices, take a look at when gas prices started raise over the past 30 years. Every single time there's been a significant spike in gas, it can be DIRECTLY related to a crisis in the Middle East. Yeah, everything is wonderful as the value of the dollar continues to plummet....

Can you understand english? I was making a joke about it being hereditary, and i also said i read a lot FROM the very begining of your own constitution TO bush administration politics. The Federalist Articles are what your whole Constitution is based on, so it would be very very dumb not to know it.
I know that there are pre elections and the election system, again, i was just being sarcastic.

And YES, european media is often anti-american, but not all of it. i am smart enough not to base my opinions on that.

So i don't know what is going on in Iraq?? Years after the war is officially ended by George W., there are still car bombs blowing up young US-American, british and italian soldiers. How many people have dies since this war has been officially ended??
There is still no gouvernment in Iraq, the Constituition is not accepted by 50% of the iraqi people etc etc. Man don't tell me everything is fine therem because it IS NOT.

And LAST, because i don't like Jeb and Dubya doesn't make me a America hater, or a stupid european that doesn't understand you country. You bush admirers really need to see that someday. You can still love the US and hate Bush, which i don't. I just think his policies suck ass.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I must have skipped over that.... doh... my bad. Honestly, our current Bush and current situation as it is, in this instance Jeb would have a difficult time getting in.

not big enough didn't read the post about jeb.. tisk tisk tisk.. if he did.. he would know that a Name doesn't really matter in ellections

but i do agree with ya Mr. Enough.. he wont win 2008.. mostly.. He isn't runing.. but.. Romney is gunna win!

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I'd respect a vote for him though.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
George Dummya's current approval rating is 30%... it's not going to drastically increase either unless martian's come out of the sky and hypnotize everyone in the US.
That he was reelected for a second term is proof that the martians' mindbending techniques are working beautifully. ;)

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Was I addressing you specifically, Einstein? I was addressing a foreigner who obviously missed the finer points of our political system.

Btw, get over it. GWB will go down history as one of the greatest US Presidents and will be known as the free world leader who fought and won the global war on terrorism. All your mindless hating amounts to nothing. You can't stop history in the making. So, eat your heart out ! :D
GWB approval rating: 29. Lowest on record: 24, Nixon immediately before resigning. You may want to consider pressing charges against your parents for incest.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
He HAD to be kidding. I pray he's kidding.... GWB will go down as even more of a laughing stock than he already is.

GWB approval rating: 29. Lowest on record: 24, Nixon immediately before resigning. You may want to consider pressing charges against your parents for incest.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
In light of his actions while in office, I think he will be remembered as the worst president since Milliard Fillmore. He has lied, blatantly abused the powers of the office, and spearheaded the destruction of personal rights and freedoms for the average citizen. There is no "war" on terrorism. They use the term "war" to give a cause strength- "war on drugs", "war on illiteracy", "war on people dumb enough to vote for bush"etc. etc. We had a horrible attack occur in our country, which provided a wonderful platform for the President to stand on for reelection. He has done little in the actual waging of this so called war to make us any more safe prior to 9/11. Oh wait, I have to take my shoes of at the airport gates, I guess that counts. Our borders are still pourous, our economy still sucks, we're still mired in a pointless, mishandled war in Iraq, the defecit is unbeleivable, he botched katrina aid ,medicare, social security, and the big oil companies are posting all time high profits. Screw him and his brother.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
He HAD to be kidding. I pray he's kidding.... GWB will go down as even more of a laughing stock than he already is.
One might think that. However, distortion of history is one of the most easily accomplished disinformation methods. If it suits future politicians and historians, GWB will be recognized as a political genius and saviour of the free world. :blink: :run:

I say: all he's doing is making the muslim countries REAL ANGRY at the western world. Both the oil and weapons industries love him for that.

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards

I got your 6 on that Marine!! I didn't vote for the first one, the second one and I'll be damned if I'll vote for another shrub!! Maybe that's the reason I keep the old ladys snizzer shaved clean? I don't like Bush in any form !! :woohoo:

ROB

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
In light of his actions while in office, I think he will be remembered as the worst president since Milliard Fillmore. He has lied, blatantly abused the powers of the office, and spearheaded the destruction of personal rights and freedoms for the average citizen. There is no "war" on terrorism. They use the term "war" to give a cause strength- "war on drugs", "war on illiteracy", "war on people dumb enough to vote for bush"etc. etc. We had a horrible attack occur in our country, which provided a wonderful platform for the President to stand on for reelection. He has done little in the actual waging of this so called war to make us any more safe prior to 9/11. Oh wait, I have to take my shoes of at the airport gates, I guess that counts. Our borders are still pourous, our economy still sucks, we're still mired in a pointless, mishandled war in Iraq, the defecit is unbeleivable, he botched katrina aid ,medicare, social security, and the big oil companies are posting all time high profits. Screw him and his brother.

see. this is where we have two countries. the one the media wants you to see and the one, if you just look at the proof you understand it. Now i am not shy in saying that I am a republican but i am a conservative first and if the republican party isn't going to hold to its roots then i am gone.... now.. bush.. he is no conservative.. so i will agree anything along those lines.. but there is so much there that is just not correct.

Bush has not lied what so ever. If he lied then every other national leader lied as well. There is not one shred of proof that the information of WMD's was not correct. Did they do enough research.. no.. not by a long shot but still no lie.

Bush does not abuse power at all. What some people are upset about is that bush has returned the proper powers to the office. Clinton had removed many of them in favor of the courts... Bush has restored the court system ( trying to). Bush has also removed the media from being the 4th branch of government. Clinton was very good at making love to not only interns but, to the camera.

As for your privacy with phone records and NSA program. These are third party records owned by the phone company and public to anyone. There is no expectation of privacy in regards to phone number or the number that are called from said numbers. There simply is no issue here, regardless of what Newt or Spector thinks. This program use to be clasified and leaked on december 24th of last year, but was brought into function under clinton and the Democrat congress at the time. Article 2 of the constitution the president is the comander n' cheif and has the ability and power to conduct such a program. If you think this program is taking away rights.. what about FDR's plan of rounding up japanese americans into camps, opening our overseas mail during ww2 ( which my grandmother did for the post office she would read american's mail that was going over seas) Any argument against this program is either from one who is a liar, or, un-educated of the process. Not one person within our government that has something against this program and any other that protects our nation, is a member of the Committee that is in the need to know and grants it into being.

War on terrorism. Yes it is a war, a war is whatever we say a war is. But i would much rather war on muslim radicals.. thats what it is. As for Iraq, we should have capet bombed them like we did to germany and Japan in WW2. But lets wait to see how the war ends before one says it was mishandled.

Bush,democrats and psudo republicans failed us on the borders.. nuff said If republicans want to win in 06 they have to start NOW to fix this. This alone will insure a republican victory if they do it.. but.. they wont..

Our economy is the best it has ever been, job growth (we filled all the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost after the dot com bust) and it still continues to grow. One has no proof otherwise. The numbers tell the truth. What most media has done is made you think there are people out there in 3rd world situations.. but no one is! Who are? Maybe the illigals that come in and which democrats want them to become their new base.

Oil companies have high profits, but look at how much they actually make next to how much they spend. They do not control the price of oil.. they have to spend the cash just as much as we do.

Katrina aid. Please refer to who paid most of the money after the san fransico fire...it has always been the local and state governments job to pay for their own mess. They must go to the feds and ask for help if the need it.

Making social security private is a great way to assure your future and to insure your money isn't going to the illigals they refuse to send back.

Milliard Filmore was a good president! here are some things he had done

1. Admit California as a free state.
2. Settle the Texas boundary and compensate her.
3. Grant territorial status to New Mexico.
4. Place Federal officers at the disposal of slaveholders seeking fugitives. Which saved hundred of thousands of slave's lives.
5. Abolish the slave trade in the District of Columbia.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
see. this is where we have two countries. the one the media wants you to see and the one, if you just look at the proof you understand it. Now i am not shy in saying that I am a republican but i am a conservative first and if the republican party isn't going to hold to its roots then i am gone.... now.. bush.. he is no conservative.. so i will agree anything along those lines.. but there is so much there that is just not correct.

Bush has not lied what so ever. If he lied then every other national leader lied as well. There is not one shred of proof that the information of WMD's was not correct. Did they do enough research.. no.. not by a long shot but still no lie.

Bush does not abuse power at all. What some people are upset about is that bush has returned the proper powers to the office. Clinton had removed many of them in favor of the courts... Bush has restored the court system ( trying to). Bush has also removed the media from being the 4th branch of government. Clinton was very good at making love to not only interns but, to the camera.

As for your privacy with phone records and NSA program. These are third party records owned by the phone company and public to anyone. There is no expectation of privacy in regards to phone number or the number that are called from said numbers. There simply is no issue here, regardless of what Newt or Spector thinks. This program use to be clasified and leaked on december 24th of last year, but was brought into function under clinton and the Democrat congress at the time. Article 2 of the constitution the president is the comander n' cheif and has the ability and power to conduct such a program. If you think this program is taking away rights.. what about FDR's plan of rounding up japanese americans into camps, opening our overseas mail during ww2 ( which my grandmother did for the post office she would read american's mail that was going over seas) Any argument against this program is either from one who is a liar, or, un-educated of the process. Not one person within our government that has something against this program and any other that protects our nation, is a member of the Committee that is in the need to know and grants it into being.

War on terrorism. Yes it is a war, a war is whatever we say a war is. But i would much rather war on muslim radicals.. thats what it is. As for Iraq, we should have capet bombed them like we did to germany and Japan in WW2. But lets wait to see how the war ends before one says it was mishandled.

Bush,democrats and psudo republicans failed us on the borders.. nuff said If republicans want to win in 06 they have to start NOW to fix this. This alone will insure a republican victory if they do it.. but.. they wont..

Our economy is the best it has ever been, job growth (we filled all the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost after the dot com bust) and it still continues to grow. One has no proof otherwise. The numbers tell the truth. What most media has done is made you think there are people out there in 3rd world situations.. but no one is! Who are? Maybe the illigals that come in and which democrats want them to become their new base.

Oil companies have high profits, but look at how much they actually make next to how much they spend. They do not control the price of oil.. they have to spend the cash just as much as we do.

Katrina aid. Please refer to who paid most of the money after the san fransico fire...it has always been the local and state governments job to pay for their own mess. They must go to the feds and ask for help if the need it.

Making social security private is a great way to assure your future and to insure your money isn't going to the illigals they refuse to send back.

Milliard Filmore was a good president! here are some things he had done

1. Admit California as a free state.
2. Settle the Texas boundary and compensate her.
3. Grant territorial status to New Mexico.
4. Place Federal officers at the disposal of slaveholders seeking fugitives. Which saved hundred of thousands of slave's lives.
5. Abolish the slave trade in the District of Columbia.
Everything you said has another viewpoint, and is not exactly proof. It is the republican side of the argument. If you turn on cspan, you can see these issues debated among the dems and repubs ad nauseum, so it's pointless to do it here. We could probably go back and forth all night(just like the house) and not change each others views.

I will say my point about katrina was not the money spent, but the ignored warnings from his advisors and the confusion and disorganization that followed. And millard fillmore is widely regarded as a crappy president, but I'll switch it to"since buchanon" for the sake of compromise.:thumbsup:

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
i actually knew nothing about him.. hence the "who is millard fillmore" yee old horse a$$ bumperstickers.. james K polk! THATS a president!