Another Bush in the White House? - AnabolicMinds.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Another Bush in the White House?

1. Registered User

Question Another Bush in the White House?

Pres. Bush proposed his Brother Jeb as a candidate it seems. So would you vote another Bush into the white house? Is it enough? Will you rename the President to "King" and make the USA a hereditary monarchy? Do you think Jeb could be even worse than George W.?? Questions over questions from good ole germany...

2. Banned

Jeb Bush will be an even more effective President. The country and the free world will be truly blessed to have him at the highest office in the free world.

•   

3. Registered User

if you sorta haven't figured out the American system of government.. usually everyone holding the position as president has some sort of connection with each other.. do some research and figure it out..presidents are not elected.. they are groomed and formed. Just like any other nation of power's heads of state.

as for george and jeb.. jeb would be a better international president then george.. but not as much of a suck up and horrid as bill clinton.

Jeb is a more true republican but is more on the right side in terms of spending. Socially he is a jon mccain but less fake... george.. i have no idea what he is.. but he really doesn't act like a republican.

Either way, i would not worry, countries that are worried are either doing something wrong... or want to. lol jk.. You really shouldn't worry.. american people just like your germans and any other proud people.. will ellect what you think is best for your nation. IE Hitler. Bush is no Hitler.. in both good and bad ways... but he was needed at the time.

I would be scared and have this 1938 feeling now about Iran. The UN, American liberals want to sit down and chit chat with this guy.. same as they wanted to do with hitler.... we all know what went on after that failed...

ps.. do you feel that your nation is still under american occupation since we have been there for some time now.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MaynardMeek
    if you sorta haven't figured out the American system of government.. usually everyone holding the position as president has some sort of connection with each other.. do some research and figure it out..presidents are elected.. they are groomed and formed. Just like any other nation of power's heads of state.

as for george and jeb.. jeb would be a better international president then george.. but not as much of a suck up and horrid as bill clinton.

Jeb is a more true republican but is more on the left side. A jon mccain but less fake... george.. i have no idea what he is.. but he really doesn't act like a republican.

Either way, i would not worry, countries that are worried are either doing something wrong... or want to. lol jk.. You really shouldn't worry.. american people just like your germans and any other proud people.. will ellect what you think is best for your nation. IE Hitler. Bush is no Hitler.. in both good and bad ways... but he was needed at the time.

I would be scared and have this 1938 feeling now about Iran. The UN, American liberals want to sit down and chit chat with this guy.. same as they wanted to do with hitler.... we all know what went on after that failed...

ps.. do you feel that your nation is still under american occupation since we have been there for some time now.
    Are you being sarcastic or do you think i am dumb?
    Because i was being sarcastic up there.
    Belive me i know the american political system probably better than most people on this board.

I just wanted to provoke a discussion and i didn't want it to turn in any discussion about Hitler or occupation but that's the first thing coming your mind when you hear 'germany'. second would be 'bier', third 'wurst'.

I know that your system being a presidential system has a clearly anti-1700s europe touch to it, and i have also read the federalist papers.

But maybe you can get it into your heads that you cannot just bomb any country because you think it's right.
    I do agree with Iran being a threat to the world, but the Iraq war was (actually IS) a total disaster.

5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Speischerkater
    Belive me i know the american political system probably better than most people on this board.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    What's so bad about it?

edit: Just to explain my comment: I am studying for a masters dgree in politic science. I have done several studies on american politics, from the federalist papers to Bush administration bilateral economic relations. When i talk about american politics, it is from a european perspective, because i was born and raised there. When i ask you guys here, i am looking for your opinions. No need to tell me you vote your president.

7. Banned

What's so bad about it?
    You sound like an ass.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    You sound like an ass.

Sorry, i didn't want to offend anybody, i just wanted to make clear that i know what i am talking about.

Blame it on my bad english then.
    Zat maybe ze reason, Herr Brent!

9. Banned

Are you being sarcastic or do you think i am dumb?
    Because i was being sarcastic up there.

I just wanted to provoke a discussion and i didn't want it to turn in any discussion about Hitler or occupation but that's the first thing coming your mind when you hear 'germany'. second would be 'bier', third 'wurst'.

I know that your system being a presidential system has a clearly anti-1700s europe touch to it, and i have also read the federalist papers.

But maybe you can get it into your heads that you cannot just bomb any country because you think it's right.
    I do agree with Iran being a threat to the world, but the Iraq war was (actually IS) a total disaster.
    Don't pretend that you know anything about what goes on in America's political system just because you read some ancient historic documents.

We are not conducting our affairs based on some ancient documents.

If you think Iraq is a total disaster, that just proves that you don't really know what it going on over there, and have been getting your information from your biased, anti American media.

Oh yeah... for your info, we don't bomb any country just because we feel that we are right. We conduct policies and actions that are beneficial to our strategic interest.

Furthermore, if you actually KNOW about our political system, then you would know that there is no hereditary crap. Jeb Bush will have to fight for the GOP's nomination, and if he gets the nod, he will then go on to fight the Democrate's nominee and other 3rd party spoilers, in order to ascend to the highest office in the country.

10. Banned

OTOH, if you are just here to start a bash fest on Bush, I am sure you can round up a party on that. There are a truckload of Bush haters here. lol

11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

The only bush that should ever be allowed in the white house again should be in the first lady's skirt.(yep biohazzard, I'm oficially lighting the torches and rounding up the bush haters )

12. Registered User

Mein deutscher Freund, ich apoloise für meine Mitfreunde auf hier.. Dort kein Erbarmen für die Mehrheit in amerika... Anfeuerungen, nimmt Sorgenanfeuerungen
    , darkpoet

13. Registered User

Ach ist spiescherkater, ein Ding, die Sie kennen müssen, dass Sie wahrscheinlich mehr um amerikanisch Geschichte wissen, die am meisten auf diesem Ausschuss. Leute in amerika sind schrecklich mit Geschichte und nur was sie glaubt, lesen mich, dass ich weiß, dass ich amercian. bin, glaubt aber ist in einer europäischen Rede um ein Kulturgeklirr aufgewachsen! lol ich weiß, dass Sie nur versuchten, eine Diskussion anzufangen, aber
    belästige nicht, nicht wert es Forum..
    cheers,
    darkpoet3113

14. Registered User

no wasnt germany bashing or anything, lived there for a month actually.. time of my life
    .. i am just saying a people ellect what is needed. i actually find hitler to be one of the greatest leaders of the 20th even though his ways were not kosher and the germany today is not the germany of WW2 so no i do not think of hitler... but yes.. beer, wurst and david hasselhoff... cars too... oh and knives.

my question on american occupation... do you feel that since ww2 the american troops still in your country has not allowed for your own growth and direction.. thats all...

15. Ron Paul... phuck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by BioHazzard
    Furthermore, if you actually KNOW about our political system, then you would know that there is no hereditary crap. Jeb Bush will have to fight for the GOP's nomination, and if he gets the nod, he will then go on to fight the Democrate's nominee and other 3rd party spoilers, in order to ascend to the highest office in the country.
    Yeah genius... we're not governed by a monarchy, but thanks for the special ed political history lesson. I pray that the Wechsler, or even the Wonderlic test becomes the barrier to entry to run for the nom. You and your buddy Jeb would be excluded. Jeb makes GW look like Niels Bohr.

16. Registered User

He denies he's even interested, and a long list of political analysts have already written him off with the belief that the appearance of political nepotism would be too unseemly for voters to put the brother of the current president in the Oval Office. But in politics timing is everything, and as the clock advances towards 2008, things are starting to fall into place to give Jeb Bush the momentum he needs to win the White House. And this isn't contingent on Hillary Clinton emerging as the Democrats' nominee--though if she does, the path will be all the smoother for another Bush.

Let's first dispense with the idea that Jeb's biggest liability would be his last name. Since when does name recognition hurt in politics? It's true that many of this brother's political adversaries would simply cross out "George" in their campaign literature and ink in "Jeb" above it. MoveOn.org and other Democratic interest groups would find plenty of willing donors. George Soros would likely make another multimillion-dollar pledge to drive the Bushes from Washington. But then again, they did all that last time, and we aren't discussing who will challenge President Kerry.

Misunderestimation isn't enough for Jeb to win, of course. Ideas matter more in politics than having an "electable" candidate. Right now the ideas of the Bush family are ascendant. Bush 43 didn't win the White House on the coattails of his father. Name recognition didn't hurt, nor had all the contacts he'd made in politics. But the fact that Bush 41 lost to Bill Clinton in 1992 meant that George W. Bush had a particularly steep hill to climb within his own party. Republicans who stayed home to see the father lose would not have put the son over the top in 2000 unless he'd won them over first.

Before stepping out onto the national stage, this Bush generation's ideas of incrementally smaller government proved popular with voters in two large states. George W. Bush defeated Democratic incumbent Ann Richards in 1994 to become governor of Texas and was re-elected in 1998. The Lone Star State is clearly among the most conservative in the country, but Gov. Bush helped turn what was once a reliably Democratic state into one where Republicans now dominate. Jeb, meanwhile, lost a hard-fought race for governor in Florida in 1994. But he came back four years later and was re-elected in 2002, despite the residual bitterness from the 2000 presidential election and the Democrats' decision to make his defeat a priority.

With a strong string of electoral victories, why would Republicans now turn their backs on the Bushes? It certainly wouldn't be because of Jeb's record in Florida. He's been steadily amassing an antitax, bedrock conservative record over the past seven years. There's not much there that the party's base is going to hate. Indeed, before he lost in 1994, the scuttlebutt on Jeb was that he was "the conservative Bush."

Political symmetry also favors Jeb Bush. Even if President Bush manages to get some sort of private Social Security account this year, it's now becoming clear that the bulk of the reform is unlikely to come until after 2008. Bush 43 may succeed in establishing the principle of private accounts within the Social Security system, but it will likely be the next president (perhaps Bush 44) who will have the opportunity to steer the bulk of our payroll taxes into such accounts. Voters gave FDR four back-to-back terms. They may now conclude that replacing the New Deal with an Ownership Deal will take sending a Bush to the White House in three or four successive elections.

Remaking New Deal entitlements into assets individual Americans can own may become a powerful political philosophy that nudges into oblivion FDR's already dwindling coalition of union members and entitlement beneficiaries. Jeb Bush's close association to George W. would be an asset if voters embrace the Ownership Society. By 2008 we'll also likely have a national consensus on how well the democratic experiment is working in Iraq. If Americans continue to support spreading democracy as our best defense against international terrorism, Jeb's last name will also be an asset here as well.

Perhaps the most compelling reason why Jeb Bush shouldn't be written off just yet came Friday with the Labor Department's jobs numbers. With some 200,000 net new jobs created in July and some 3.5 million new jobs over the past two years, it's getting harder to deny we are now in the midst of a Bush boom. John Kerry's claims of a jobless recovery notwithstanding, every job lost after the dot-com crash and the 9/11 attacks has long since been replaced. True, the housing market may yet tumble. But the Fed keeps raising interest rates out of fear the economy will get too hot, not too cold. If we get three more years of solid economic expansion, voters may decide that keeping a Bush in the White House is good for their wallets. After all, the Bush tax cuts are now set to expire in the middle of the next president's first term.

17. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead
    The only bush that should ever be allowed in the white house again should be in the first lady's skirt.(yep biohazzard, I'm oficially lighting the torches and rounding up the bush haters )
    lol I like you. In fact I may even go to your party, and I will bring beer! lol

18. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by riskarb
    Yeah genius... we're not governed by a monarchy, but thanks for the special ed political history lesson. I pray that the Wechsler, or even the Wonderlic test becomes the barrier to entry to run for the nom. You and your buddy Jeb would be excluded. Jeb makes GW look like Niels Bohr.
    Was I addressing you specifically, Einstein? I was addressing a foreigner who obviously missed the finer points of our political system.

Btw, get over it. GWB will go down history as one of the greatest US Presidents and will be known as the free world leader who fought and won the global war on terrorism. All your mindless hating amounts to nothing. You can't stop history in the making. So, eat your heart out !

19. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaynardMeek
    no wasnt germany bashing or anything, lived there for a month actually.. time of my life
    .. i am just saying a people ellect what is needed. i actually find hitler to be one of the greatest leaders of the 20th even though his ways were not kosher and the germany today is not the germany of WW2 so no i do not think of hitler... but yes.. beer, wurst and david hasselhoff... cars too... oh and knives.

my question on american occupation... do you feel that since ww2 the american troops still in your country has not allowed for your own growth and direction.. thats all...
    Why the hell are we still stationing troops over there, wasting over a hundred fifty billion dollars each year? We went there to defend Europe. Who the hell are we defending them from these days?

On that note, I heard news that there is rethinking of our Middle East strategy. Words are circulating at the highest level to the tune that, 'Why the hell are we defending the Middle East when the oil there is being repositioned to the Far East countries?'

20. Registered User

Pres. Bush proposed his Brother Jeb as a candidate it seems. So would you vote another Bush into the white house? Is it enough? Will you rename the President to "King" and make the USA a hereditary monarchy? Do you think Jeb could be even worse than George W.?? Questions over questions from good ole germany...
    No.

I think JEB needs to be removed from earth right now, by any means necessary.

Clear?

Good.

Peace.

•   

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. Controlled Labs White Flood White Raspberry Tester Thread!
    By Dracoy in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 12:46 AM
  3. Obama's White House is Falling Down
    By dg806 in forum Politics
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 12:55 AM
  4. Looks like the Dems have Bush by the bush
    By Chad in forum Politics
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 03:18 PM
  5. White House Turns Tables on Former POWs