Dumb Question- If Bush Could Run Again, Would You Vote For Him?

4 more years for Bush? if he could.

• yes

Votes: 91 34.2%
  • no

Votes: 175 65.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
CO...kinda depends on who he's running against, doesn't it? lolol.

I would "prefer" a better option, yes, but I wouldn't ignorantly vote him out for just anyone.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
HA otter you ARE crazy.

Last month I would have said NO Republican can win the next pres election. Then I thought of McCain. I think he would win no matter what Dem he ran against.

CROWLER

CREAO

Awards
off topic...but who all would think arnold would be a good president?

and i would vote nooooo...for bush

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
HA otter you ARE crazy.

Last month I would have said NO Republican can win the next pres election. Then I thought of McCain. I think he would win no matter what Dem he ran against.

CROWLER
I hate John McCain...the dude has no testicles.

And I think Arnold would be a good president. Hell, look at some of the idiots we've had in office? At least if we had arnold we'd have someone who has some fortitude.

But, overall, we're screwed. As long as we have two major parties who won't include any outside competition and have "primaries" where they select who is going to run, we're officially screwed.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Arnold would make a good prez. I dont know if he'd make a good politician, but he's smart enough to surround himself with the right people.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hate John McCain...the dude has no testicles.

And I think Arnold would be a good president. Hell, look at some of the idiots we've had in office? At least if we had arnold we'd have someone who has some fortitude.

But, overall, we're screwed. As long as we have two major parties who won't include any outside competition and have "primaries" where they select who is going to run, we're officially screwed.

Completely agree about the parties issue. Two parties being the only ones likely to win just is not a good way to have this country based on. Parties are what were considered to be what would be the downfull of this country. Forgot the paper written on it, one of those written back when our government was just going. (I believe the name of it had a X, 10, in the title.)

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
i would vote for Arnold.
but back to what kwyck said,
what if it was Mr.BUSH VS. Mrs.CLINTON?????

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
i would vote for Arnold.
but back to what kwyck said,
what if it was Mr.BUSH VS. Mrs.CLINTON?????
Bush...i'd rather vote for an idiot than a conniving bitch. I hate her. I may put bill back in (so long as he stays away from down-sizing the military again), but I don't trust her with a 10ft pole. Her whole goal in life is power...honestly...what kind of a woman stays with a man who is getting BJ's from all of his interns for the past 20yrs. lol. It comes out publicly and she's like "oh, its okay, no problem....". Their entire marriage is a political marriage, its disgusting to me. Bill..well, i honestly think he's just a perv--and i don't blame him, i'm the same way, lol. Hillary on the other hand...I think she is too crazy, too untrustworthy, and too power hungry.

I would put kerry in office before hillary, and i voted against hillary. I think the only person I'd put hillary in office before is John McCain b/c he's such a rope-spined pussy. At least hillary has a freggin' vertebral column.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Never voted for him, never will. If it was Bush vs Hillary, I'd vote for the Libertarian like I always do. A vote for a lesser evil is still a vote for evil. It's the scenic route or the interstate to hell with Republicans and Democrats, no difference in destination. And for me the only wasted vote is one I disagree with.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's the scenic route or the interstate to hell with Republicans and Democrats, no difference in destination.
Isnt that the whole damn truth! Like mentioned above - the 2 party system is what'd ruining this country. They both have a monopoly on power and are more concerened with beating the other party then they are working for the good of Americans.

BV

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Too bad libertarians aren't a viable option. It's always just picking the lesser of two evils.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Yea I don't think Hillary could win. 20% of dems say they wouldn't vote for a woman. So that means she would have to get a big chunk of republicans to vote for her.

Not saying I want John McCain just saying he is liberal enough to get some of the dems and is still republican enough to get the republican vote. Thing is he might lose the rep nomination and IMO right now any other republican loses against a dem because of Iraq etc.

BUT Bush is smart he will have troop size down below 100K before the election. Then again if we attack Iran YIKES . VIVA Republicano ;)

CROWLER

delta314

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on who he is running against. It's unfortunate that if you don't vote for either Republican or Democrat, you are just throwing your vote away. Say what you wish about the two party system, but it beats the heck out of the way they do it in other countries. (who ever runs against the incumbent comes up missing.....)

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Doesn`t matter untill the software(voting machine) is fixed.:blink: Umm... maybe FIXED isn`t the best word to use here:hammer:

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
we sould just have another civil war and see what happens. no one agrees with the guy next to him, people HATE other people for thinking differently from them, we have CEO`s of big companies running **** in Washington, drug wars on our streets, babies on crack and fat girls in tube tops. we are all fucked up. maybe someone needs to roll up on the U.S and change our goverment, like we do to other contries.
who knows for sure what we need but what we have isn`t working. what ever problems we have as a whole are just passed down from presedent to presedent. nothing ever happens to benifit to people of this contry, not really.
Washington looks out for the themselfs and for the top 10% of us, cause thats where the money comes from.
or....... **** it who cares, lets get a beer and watch the playoffs.

i`ve voted twice since i was old enough to and i dont really think it mattered. i dont really know if ill vote agian, but i love this contry and i love MOST of its people and i think we all sould be able to get behind ONE person and truely be happy with our goverment.:woohoo:

:bow28:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
against Hilary? Yes. Against John Kerry, yes.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on who he is running against. It's unfortunate that if you don't vote for either Republican or Democrat, you are just throwing your vote away. Say what you wish about the two party system, but it beats the heck out of the way they do it in other countries. (who ever runs against the incumbent comes up missing.....)

Very good post bro.

CROWLER

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Washington looks out for the themselfs and for the top 10% of us, cause thats where the money comes from....
The top 10% won't give any party 50% of the vote, and the top 10% are usually well educated.

Most of the political targets are joe blow idiot who is too unintersted, too stupid, or a combination of both to actually learn the truth about the person / the party they are voting for.

They promise people what the want, then don't give it to them, then the cycle repeats.

We're screwed to at least some degree as long as we have government, but unfortunately, we don't have any other option. IMO one of the most applicable and true of all famous quotes is "Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely"-- Lord Acton.

We have two parties who have absolute power over this country and who WILL work together to keep it that way, despite working against each other in elections....

ctgblue

Awards
If it were against Kerry, I'd vote Bush again.
I don't see any viable alternatives and at least he stands up for what he believes in and doesn't change his policy based on the "poll of the week".

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
didn't vote for him either of the first two times, certainly wouldn't do it again

sad to see the republican party go so so so far down the shitter as it has in the past few years

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
didn't vote for him either of the first two times, certainly wouldn't do it again

sad to see the republican party go so so so far down the shitter as it has in the past few years
Its not just the republicans, both of the major parties have got to hell. They've put the parties interests above the nations interests...

Rob69420

Awards
Isnt that the whole damn truth! Like mentioned above - the 2 party system is what'd ruining this country. They both have a monopoly on power and are more concerened with beating the other party then they are working for the good of Americans.

BV
its the new world order. check out www.prisonplanet.com

delta314

Awards
  • Established
I feel kinda like Ronnie Coleman, "Everybody wants to complain about the USA, but nobody wants to do a damn think to fix it".....Yeah, we have some issues that need to be addressed, but all in all, this is still the best damn country in the world. Instead of everyone bashing, why don't we turn this thread around a little and lets hear what some of you would do to fix some of the problems that we are faced with. Complaints are like a__holes, everybodys got one. (turn your flames on, I can take anything you want throw....)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I feel kinda like Ronnie Coleman, "Everybody wants to complain about the USA, but nobody wants to do a damn think to fix it".....Yeah, we have some issues that need to be addressed, but all in all, this is still the best damn country in the world. Instead of everyone bashing, why don't we turn this thread around a little and lets hear what some of you would do to fix some of the problems that we are faced with. Complaints are like a__holes, everybodys got one. (turn your flames on, I can take anything you want throw....)
The problem is, we really can't fix the problems unless we a) don't allow idiots to vote b) have a revolution from the bottom up, or c) a combination of both.

I mean, look at it this way. California, for example, is one of the most screwed up states in the US (if not the most). And, nothing can change! One major problem lies in the district lines. Politicians drawn their own lines!!!! So, they can pretty much just trace their loyal areas and never get voted out. And, that's what happens.

Arnold tried to fix this. But, the unions are so strong in here, they can tell blatant lies about the propositions to the stupid california people, and the people will vote a great, common sense proposition down. And they did! He was giving the job of drawing district lines to retired judges instead of having politicians draw their own lines, and somehow the unions twisted it to high hell and confused the **** out of people and made them vote the prop down. Mostly due to the fact that ITS NOT ILLEGAL to lie in a political add...is that really surprising? when politicians are making the legislation, I don't find it too surprising.

We're screwed! Only way I could start to fix the US is by making people have to qualify for voting rights via testing. People need to be educated on the propositions they're voting for, and the candidates, etc. That's never going to happen though..if someone ever brought that up all we would hear abou tis "racism and minority disenfranchisement", blah, blah, blah.

Talking about what we "would" do is almost more useless than bitching about it.

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Hear is a interesting scenario...with the recent wire-tap scandal coupled w/ the WMD "intelligence", is there a legitiamte chance that Bush will get impeached. I was watching some news program when they discussed the legality of the wire-taps w/o court approval and most said that the act was unconstitutional and illegal. I believe the guy said that Bush cited Article 2 of the Constitution as his justification for his actions, but Article 2 does NOT say anything about the executive branch having the ability to disregard the courts.
As the saying goes, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutley."
:bow28:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
But, wasn't this part of the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act? If so, there is no reason for the impeachment because all the douches in congress voted for it.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
smash communism.

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
civil war?
new type of goverment?
testing to be able to vote?
let states have more control?

anyone of them sound ok to me.
All will prob end up happening someday. prob not while we are alive but just think about when the oil runs out? how about when 50% of the nations out there have WMD and start using them? i dont think our big army and navy and air force can do jack **** about whats going on in the Congo if Canada is trying to take back Alaska for the last few drops of oil left. friendships will break, people will be armed to the teeth to keep out the family from down the street from stealing the 5 gallons of gas out of the car that they paid $4,000 for. all those movies with people flying around in there cars and having robots is a cute thought but when the gas runs out all hell will break loose. oh and what about the big fucking rock that MIGHT hit earth at ANYTIME? we are all unstable and something big like one of the above will put us all at war with each other.
Look what happend when the gulf flooded!! thats a really nice wet dream in compairison to a space rock taking out half the contry. they get a lot of rain and the cops quit, people start killing, looting, and rapping. if **** goes down there will be a river of blood flowing all over the land.:blink:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I still maintain that what happened in New Orleans WOULD NOT happen in many other cities. That place was a shithole run by retards who couldn't be trusted with potatoe guns. From the govenor to the mayor down to the police force who were busted stealing **** on TV. It was just one big mess there before, during, and after the flooding.

Jwil

Board Supporter
Awards
testing to be able to vote?
Great idea.. why should poor, uneducated, illiterate people be able to vote? it's not like they're citizens too... :rolleyes:

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Great idea.. why should poor, uneducated, illiterate people be able to vote? it's not like they're citizens too... :rolleyes:
This actually would be great if the poor and uneducated were not the same group.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
This actually would be great if the poor and uneducated were not the same group.
What does it matter? They're still casting random votes that can negatively effect those of us who took the time to learn about the initiatives and the candidates.

Poor people can learn about politics too...its really NOT THAT HARD.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
What does it matter? They're still casting random votes that can negatively effect those of us who took the time to learn about the initiatives and the candidates.

Poor people can learn about politics too...its really NOT THAT HARD.
What I am saying is that the rich tend to be educted (because they can afford to be educated) and the poor the opposite.
If only the rich can vote then we will make everything work in our favor......(and i dont mean to say i would do that but we all know very well that that is what would happen.....i happened to be blessed with having slightly wealthy parents)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Luckily we don't need rocket scientists to vote ;) All we need are people who may take an hour of their week to read up on waht's going on, and you don't need to be wealthy, have a Ph.D, etc, etc, for that.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
It depends on who he's running against.

Against another Ultra Liberal from the Northeast? You betcha....

Against an Ultra-Liberal Carpet-Bagger currently in New York? You betcha

Now, since this is a wild scenario in the first place... who would I like to see?
Condie Rice (I really like her style)
Joe Lieberman (yup I admit it)
John McCain (I'm a moderate democrat myself)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
It depends on who he's running against.

Against another Ultra Liberal from the Northeast? You betcha....

Against an Ultra-Liberal Carpet-Bagger currently in New York? You betcha

Now, since this is a wild scenario in the first place... who would I like to see?
Condie Rice (I really like her style)
Joe Lieberman (yup I admit it)
John McCain (I'm a moderate democrat myself)
Ahh! Anybody but McCain! Pleae remove him from that list :lol:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
I feel we should beg Colin Powell to "suit up" and lead this country.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Nope.....(but my reasoning is complicated)

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Bush is a great president! I don't care what anybody says, he is getting the job done and nobody is perfect.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I sort of agree except for two points. One, saying what you would do is pointless, you're never going to get to do it. Two, 'doing somthing' to fix one thing or another is what's generally gotten this country so screwed up. Some things I would like to see happen?

Destroy the Fed, get on a gold standard. Put an end to foreign military escapades that make us assloads of enemies and don't get us anything tangible in return. End all foreign aid, no more investment guarantees for US corporations. End to all welfare and wealth redistribution plans of all kinds. Completely obliterate all of the Cabinet positions and their respective beauracracies except for the DoD. Revamp the DoD so it truly is the Department of Defense and not the Department of Offense. An end to all military aid, withdraw from all foreign treaties. No entangling alliances whatsoever. Although mentioned before in a broad sense, I'd take great pleasure in dismantling the Department of Education, destroying any and all legislation giving any citizen or group of citizens preferential treatment, such as union protection laws, tax exemptions for churches, etc. Privatize all land and use the revenue to pay off any remaining debts to SS recipients, etc. Get rid of almost all environmental regulations, replace ones that aren't too misguided with non-command and control methods such as economin internalization policies. End all forms of taxation, institute one national sales tax. It makes creative economics and government book cooking a lot harder because the cost is directly reflected in people's everyday lives. NO income tax whatsoever for anyone. I would also take great pleasure is ripping the drug war machine apart piece by piece, and taking whoever the drug czar is at that particular point in time and flaying the bastard on live TV. Basically have the government coin money (while I'm at it, screw that too), hunt down pirates and true federal criminals, and maintain a decent stock of arms so we can destroy any military that is a legitimate threat to our country. Leave everything else to the people, and to the states where the people allow them the power.

Just basic ideas. Government is like a case of genital herpes. Once you've got it you're fucked, but you can work to minimize its impact on your life. And hopefully in the future we'll find a cure.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
IMO, nothing is truly being done. I will never be convinced that you could have peace in that area.

I would rather see kids go to college than die in a pointless, ORCHESTRATED war. (just my opinion, please dont agrue with me...i will not debate it)

Status
Not open for further replies.