Letter from 2012 in Obama's America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If they ever implement the gun ban, I'm gonna finish my degree and join the FBI.

Or maybe I'll just keep shooting any a$$holes who come and try to take my guns from me.....:D

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. :rolleyes: They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Urban Policy

Both BATFE (ATF) and the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) oppose release of trace data. In fact, BATFE has fought for years in the federal courts to keep the databases confidential, because they contain information (such as names of gun buyers) that could jeopardize ongoing investigations—not to mention law enforcement officers’ lives. For example, a suspected gun trafficker could search databases for names of "straw purchasers" he had used to buy handguns, or for traces requested on guns he had sold. That information could lead him to names of officers, informants and other witnesses against his crimes.

NRA-ILA :: Fact Sheets

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
some of this is so foolish. Obama has already stated he was against same sex marriage, which is foolish IMO anyway the author os this seems to have issue with homosexuality

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i know one thing the minute that homosexual **** in the military becomes a reality im getting out asap

its bad enough we spend hours upon hours each yr dealing with females and MEO and what to say and not to say i cannot imagine the millions of hours that will take place when they allow fags to openly walk around and prance in the service

the amount of man hours and money will be insane

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i know one thing the minute that homosexual **** in the military becomes a reality im getting out asap

its bad enough we spend hours upon hours each yr dealing with females and MEO and what to say and not to say i cannot imagine the millions of hours that will take place when they allow fags to openly walk around and prance in the service

Been arguing that part for awhile now. I am the same way. When it is okay for fags to be open in the military, I am on the way out. Since they wouldn't accommodate separate showers and what not... see ya. Last thing I want to think in a hot zone is some Nancy checkin out my corn hole while scrubin my sack in the hooch.

Adams

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I don't think a lot of people understand that this is the true dilemma.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
some of this is so foolish. Obama has already stated he was against same sex marriage, which is foolish IMO anyway the author os this seems to have issue with homosexuality
This was addressed in the PDF. It simply seems like a tactic to not alienate votes. Maybe he DOES feel that way, but not enough to work to change it.

I really believe that so many problems from this country stem from the declining familiy model, and there is just no way that I can any longer be apathetic on this issue. I sat down and debated this with myself for a while a few weeks ago.

paint2100

Awards
I love how in the article thinks all homos are treated as pedophiles.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was addressed in the PDF. It simply seems like a tactic to not alienate votes. Maybe he DOES feel that way, but not enough to work to change it.

I really believe that so many problems from this country stem from the declining familiy model, and there is just no way that I can any longer be apathetic on this issue. I sat down and debated this with myself for a while a few weeks ago.
I dont necessarily disagree to an extent, but it goes much further than the idea that Johnny has 2 moms or dads. Even families with a mom and a dad are declining in values. Hell, across the boards parents are less interested, less involved and the kids are alone. Personally, if the kid can have 2 loving parents that want to be involved and be supportive, I could give 2 sh!ts what gender they are.

Also, for those here that think homosexuals (considering the word used by people here is quite wrong or could just mean cigarette) are looking for them, I think it might be time to get over yourself a bit and leave your ego at the door

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont necessarily disagree to an extent, but it goes much further than the idea that Johnny has 2 moms or dads. Even families with a mom and a dad are declining in values. Hell, across the boards parents are less interested, less involved and the kids are alone. Personally, if the kid can have 2 loving parents that want to be involved and be supportive, I could give 2 sh!ts what gender they are.
I agree that as a whole, families are declining in values; however, I can't push aside the fact that a father and a mother ofter two VERY different aspects as parents to the family and the child, and I believe that for the family to be completely balanced, it is necessary to have both a loving father and mother.

Also, for those here that think homosexuals (considering the word used by people here is quite wrong or could just mean cigarette) are looking for them, I think it might be time to get over yourself a bit and leave your ego at the door
I see what you're saying, but it would be hard for me to accept the fact that if I was in the military I would have to be showering with known homosexuals. I see it as no different than co-ed showers. I'm attracted to females, and of course they would feel uncomfortable with some random dude in the shower with them. It makes things very unstable.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay.. then why arent the showers Co-Ed? I mean I am not going to look at every women sexually. So that should be no issue.

Adams

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that as a whole, families are declining in values; however, I can't push aside the fact that a father and a mother ofter two VERY different aspects as parents to the family and the child, and I believe that for the family to be completely balanced, it is necessary to have both a loving father and mother.
I agree and disagree. There have been many successful families that were not typical. I think we both know this.

I see what you're saying, but it would be hard for me to accept the fact that if I was in the military I would have to be showering with known homosexuals. I see it as no different than co-ed showers. I'm attracted to females, and of course they would feel uncomfortable with some random dude in the shower with them. It makes things very unstable.
So if you were showering with Barbara Walters you would be overcome with emotion? :rofl:

In all seriousness, I am not too sure why you believe they would be attracted to you. I am pretty sure that a kid I played football with in HS was gay, hell the whole team assumed so as well, however I never thought he was into me or anyone else for that matter.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay.. then why arent the showers Co-Ed? I mean I am not going to look at every women sexually. So that should be no issue.

Adams
Well I think the obvious answer is gender difference. Gay men are still me, as are gay women. So the showering should still not be an issue

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who knows what they're thinking? All I'm saying is it would probably be pretty damn uncomfortable for me. I'm not homophobic, but showering with a homosexual is still a little too close for comfort.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SO IC your ego makes you assume you are wanted? Let me ask you, when you walk down the street do you assume that every woman wants you?

In college during my freshman year I stayed on a coed floor. Only a girls bathroom on the floor. Now, when it was late and I needed to go real bad, hell if I was going to go running to the floor above. Also, many times different people(male and female) showered in there. We were all as respectful as possible.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I think the obvious answer is gender difference. Gay men are still me, as are gay women. So the showering should still not be an issue
there is a big difference. I dont know if you have served, but being that close of quarters changes the dynamic of things. The rule now in the military protects all. I am not made uncomfortable, and they can live their gay life, just not let the military know about it. Weather you like it or not, a platoon of soldiers would loose respect for their commander if he came out saying he liked the meat whistle. Just how things are.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SO IC your ego makes you assume you are wanted? Let me ask you, when you walk down the street do you assume that every woman wants you?
YES.. and sometimes all to often.. even THAT makes me uncomfortable at times. Like I am going to be mauled! :D

Adams

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't know why you would think this.

I hear so much talk about ego these days as though high self-esteem is a bad thing.

I definitely don't think every chick is automatically attracted to me, but rarely do I feel a woman is out of my league. But again, this is COMPLETELY besides the point...

In college during my freshman year I stayed on a coed floor. Only a girls bathroom on the floor. Now, when it was late and I needed to go real bad, hell if I was going to go running to the floor above. Also, many times different people(male and female) showered in there. We were all as respectful as possible.
Again, totally besides the point.

I feel uncomfortable showering with a gay guy. It's that simple. The fact that I do or don't think he finds me attractive has nothing to do with it, nor does it even cross my mind.

I don't want to shower with random women, hot or not, attracted to me or not.

I don't want to shower with random gay men, attracted to me or not.

It's that simple.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't know why you would think this.

I hear so much talk about ego these days as though high self-esteem is a bad thing.

I definitely don't think every chick is automatically attracted to me, but rarely do I feel a woman is out of my league. But again, this is COMPLETELY besides the point...

Again, totally besides the point.

I feel uncomfortable showering with a gay guy. It's that simple. The fact that I do or don't think he finds me attractive has nothing to do with it, nor does it even cross my mind.

I don't want to shower with random women, hot or not, attracted to me or not.

I don't want to shower with random gay men, attracted to me or not.

It's that simple.
My point here IC is, that as much as you would be uncomfortable, so might a gay guy be uncomfortable with showing near you. He might believe your interest is in him. (no pun intended)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My point here IC is, that as much as you would be uncomfortable, so might a gay guy be uncomfortable with showing near you. He might believe your interest is in him. (no pun intended)
That's very possible. But again, it proves my point. It's unstable; in this case, for both of us. It just causes problems, and that's all I'm trying to get at. That's why the military has the policy it does, to avoid these conflicts.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've got to be ****ing kidding me.
No, he's not. They already build extra facilities for women and spend time telling you how you must behave around them. What's going to happen when people are allowed to be openly gay in the service?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is why this really irritates the hell out of me.

Unfortunately military policy is written by civilians, most of whom never have served, and dont know what it feels like having to be in such close quarters in hostile situations.

If this was up to the service members themselves, it would not be an issue. My rationale is the norm in the US Military, and make them feel comfortable, especially in a time of war is paramount. Rather than appeasing the public eye, which is done far to often.

A kinder gentler military is what we have become.

Adams

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, he's not. They already build extra facilities for women and spend time telling you how you must behave around them. What's going to happen when people are allowed to be openly gay in the service?
I was talking about the statement itself, not whether it was valid or not. I have never served, and you, DA, and OB may be right, but does that mean he has to express himself like some ignorant backwater retard?

Maybe I missed it, but does being in the Military qualify you to set the clock back 50 years and break out the white caps and robes? Jesus, he just had to include jews and blacks and we could have crowned him the grandmaster.

Have you considered that these facilities are built BECAUSE of attitudes and ridiculous statements like that?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why this really irritates the hell out of me.

Unfortunately military policy is written by civilians, most of whom never have served, and dont know what it feels like having to be in such close quarters in hostile situations.

If this was up to the service members themselves, it would not be an issue. My rationale is the norm in the US Military, and make them feel comfortable, especially in a time of war is paramount. Rather than appeasing the public eye, which is done far to often.

A kinder gentler military is what we have become.

Adams
And what irritates the hell out of me is that often times U.S., Soldiers assume being in the Military gives them a free-pass to say whatever about whomever they want; I don't need to serve to spot a ridiculous statement like that.

That is like saying I must be a Doctor to spot that I have a cold.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was talking about the statement itself, not whether it was valid or not. I have never served, and you, DA, and OB may be right, but does that mean he has to express himself like some ignorant backwater retard?

Maybe I missed it, but does being in the Military qualify you to set the clock back 50 years and break out the white caps and robes? Jesus, he just had to include jews and blacks and we could have crowned him the grandmaster.

Have you considered that these facilities are built BECAUSE of attitudes and ridiculous statements like that?
No, but it doesn't mean he has to be PC either. I know why I am ignorant, and an ass about it... it is because this kind of sh*t is being shoved down our throats day in and day out. So a certain level of hostility is expected.

I honestly dont care what gays/homosexuals (Whatever people are calling it these days) do. Place it in my life, and I will get a voice... which in effect is what will happen if forced upon the service members.

Adams

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
So our infants should be free to grow up...as long as they don't grow up gay, apparently.

In 2012 we're not the land of the free; however, the terrorists still hate our freedom.

Nice.

:cheers:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, strong closet homosexuality in this thread. You guys spend way too much time thinking about other men and their desires. When I served in the military, I worked with guys I knew were gay... and I never really gave it much thought.

Btw... I stopped reading that ultra-conservative nonsense when it mentioned that the Boy Scouts disbanded to keep homosexuals from sleeping in tents with little boys. I guess I shouldn't be allowed to teach in a 5th grade classroom then, 'cause I have 14 female students... and there is nothing to keep me from molesting them all. Oh wait... my sexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia. :think:

Reading this thread reminds me of why I would never move back to a red state. I cherish my intelligence.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And what irritates the hell out of me is that often times U.S., Soldiers assume being in the Military gives them a free-pass to say whatever about whomever they want; I don't need to serve to spot a ridiculous statement like that.

That is like saying I must be a Doctor to spot that I have a cold.
HA... its not the military that gives me a free pass... it is the first amendment. Love it or hate it. I'd say what I want regardless of the uniform my friend.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, strong closet homosexuality in this thread. You guys spend way too much time thinking about other men and their desires. When I served in the military, I worked with guys I knew were gay... and I never really gave it much thought.

Btw... I stopped reading that ultra-conservative nonsense when it mentioned that the Boy Scouts disbanded to keep homosexuals from sleeping in tents with little boys. I guess I shouldn't be allowed to teach in a 5th grade classroom then, 'cause I have 14 female students... and there is nothing to keep me from molesting them all. Oh wait... my sexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia. :think:

Reading this thread reminds me of why I would never move back to a red state. I cherish my intelligence.
In fact I am not even an ultra conservative. But I do have beliefs, which is what a lot of people seem to lack these days. Instead, go with what the majority is doing.

And if you haven't figure it out, where you live has no bearing on the level of intelligence you possess.

Adams

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HA... its not the military that gives me a free pass... it is the first amendment. Love it or hate it. I'd say what I want regardless of the uniform my friend.

Adams
You probably would, but that is irrelevant, and not the issue. You said:

Which is essentially telling me I am unqualified to tell you whether you are an ignorant bigot or not (not you, but Military in general).

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You probably would, but that is irrelevant, and not the issue. You said:

Which is essentially telling me I am unqualified to tell you whether you are an ignorant bigot or not (not you, but Military in general).
I think my meaning was not conveyed correctly. I am not saying you can't say your piece about me or anyone else for that matter. I was more aiming at the debate at hand, that gays should be allowed to openly serve. In my mind, we the service members should make that decision, not the old crusties up in congress that know nothing about what happens on ground zero.

Adams

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And if you haven't figure it out, where you live has no bearing on the level of intelligence you possess.
So... one's environment has no bearing on his intelligence? Wow. Okay, so Piaget, Erikson, and Vygotsky all just rolled over in their graves.

With that, I bid you good day.

Mullet, why bother?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So... one's environment has no bearing on his intelligence?

Okay, so Piaget, Erikson, and Vygotsky all just rolled over in their graves.

With that, I bid you good day.
Good day to you as well my friend.

Adams

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, but it doesn't mean he has to be PC either. I know why I am ignorant, and an ass about it... it is because this kind of sh*t is being shoved down our throats day in and day out. So a certain level of hostility is expected.

I honestly dont care what gays/homosexuals (Whatever people are calling it these days) do. Place it in my life, and I will get a voice... which in effect is what will happen if forced upon the service members.

Adams
The red-tape of 'PC bureaucracy can become infuriating'; trust me, I know this as much or more than you: I live in an 'officially' BiLingual country with a sub-population afforded Constitutional 'distinctness' despite the fact they wish to separate at every turn. That being said, I still do not call the Quebec-French 'frogs' because I do not see the need to degrade people whom are not like me. If you do, that is your prerogative.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think my meaning was not conveyed correctly. I am not saying you can't say your piece about me or anyone else for that matter. I was more aiming at the debate at hand, that gays should be allowed to openly serve. In my mind, we the service members should make that decision, not the old crusties up in congress that know nothing about what happens on ground zero.

Adams
That is fine, and I agree to an extent, but that does not justify that level of ignorance. In fact, it justifies the very actions you appear to be rallying against; take a step back and afford these people the possibility that they do want to be degraded while serving their country just like you; then, take a further step back and consider that your hostilities contribute to the very issue you are hostile towards.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My problem with homosexuals in the military is that men are treated as if they do not have the ability to control their sexual urges and are therefor separated from their female counterparts. they can't room together, shower together and on a lot of installations they can't be on each other's floors.

Why is this considered okay and normal but the minute you question a homosexuals's ability to control themselves in the same situations, it's considered a phobia? It's the double standard that pisses me off.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My problem with homosexuals in the military is that men are treated as if they do not have the ability to control their sexual urges and are therefor separated from their female counterparts. they can't room together, shower together and on a lot of installations they can't be on each other's floors.

Why is this considered okay and normal but the minute you question a homosexuals's ability to control themselves in the same situations, it's considered a phobia? It's the double standard that pisses me off.
This is fundamentally ridiculous as well, and I agree. Special interest groups tend toward lobbying for special considerations as opposed to honest equality; favoring the needs and desires of a single group over another can create hostility - such as displayed in this thread.

However, even with that being said, it still does not justify being that ignorant, or that disrespectful to another individual's lifestyle.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is fine, and I agree to an extent, but that does not justify that level of ignorance. In fact, it justifies the very actions you appear to be rallying against; take a step back and afford these people the possibility that they do want to be degraded while serving their country just like you; then, take a further step back and consider that your hostilities contribute to the very issue you are hostile towards.
So it is okay to allow them a level of comfort that I am to no longer afforded? Bottom line, it is one way or the other... there really is no median in this issue (well the median could be the dont ask dont tell policy). If allowed to be openly gay, I am not longer comfortable in my surroundings.

As for the degrading remarks, I will retract that. Again, being forcefed the PC BS gets irritatin.

Adams

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, the irony of the video I'm posting...

I'm convinced you are gay. If you seek cognitive therapy, a doctor will embrace you and tell you it's not your fault, or even a conscious decision. You'll get angry at first, cry loudly for a bit, and then you'll accept who you are. At least, that's how it works in the movies.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So it is okay to allow them a level of comfort that I am to no longer afforded? Bottom line, it is one way or the other... there really is no median in this issue (well the median could be the dont ask dont tell policy). If allowed to be openly gay, I am not longer comfortable in my surroundings.

As for the degrading remarks, I will retract that. Again, being forcefed the PC BS gets irritatin.

Adams
This may surprise, but homosexuals are not a marauding band of butt-hole raiders, lying in wait to pillage your sweet anal virginity at every turn. It is hard to imagine, but they like other homosexuals!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm convinced you are gay. If you seek cognitive therapy, a doctor will embrace you and tell you it's not your fault, or even a conscious decision. You'll get angry at first, cry loudly for a bit, and then you'll accept who you are. At least, that's how it works in the movies.
That was definitely crossing the line. When have I ever made a personal attack towards anyone in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.