Letter from 2012 in Obama's America

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    mmorpheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    460
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    1.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    This may surprise, but homosexuals are not a marauding band of butt-hole raiders, lying in wait to pillage your sweet anal virginity at every turn. It is hard to imagine, but they like other homosexuals!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mulletsoldier again.

  2. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    838
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    My brother has this problem. He's a civilian firefighter and has to work with some women. How can he trust his life with a woman that weighs 105lbs. It has nothing to do with her gender, it's just the physics of it. She's just simply not going to be able to drag him out if it came down to it.
    If I'm not mistaken, doesn't everyone have to pass a physical competency exam.

    :bruce3:
  3. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Since I don't believe it is right, it's just a feeling of pitty or sadness I guess. Not even so much for the fact that they are gay, it's the fact that they have been talked into thinking it's completely okay. Whether many of you want to accept it or not, there are lots of psychological issues surrounding homosexuality.

    I don't have hate for anyone.
    While I whole-heartedly disagree with everything you just said, I do appreciate your honesty. I actually have similar feelings towards those who see homosexuality in a perspective similar to yours. The psychological issues pertaining to homosexuality are mostly the result of the shame and confusion one feels when he realizes he is not in the majority, and will surely be persecuted for his feelings. For example, it's a helluva thing to be told you'll burn in hell for your disgusting lifestyle, which you happen to find normal.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    89664
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    80.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, doesn't everyone have to pass a physical competency exam.

    :bruce3:



    that is true however there is most likely female quals and male quals such as weight lifted run times etc
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  5. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    that is true however there is most likely female quals and male quals such as weight lifted run times etc
    While I have a lot of empathy for issues around sexuality... I have some serious bitterness on gender equality issues. If we get into a debate on that, I might just realize how much I hate women... then I'll leave my lady, and be... gay!
  6. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    While I have a lot of empathy for issues around sexuality... I have some serious bitterness on gender equality issues. If we get into a debate on that, I might just realize how much I hate women... then I'll leave my lady, and be... gay!
    Just don't watch Unfaithful, please, please don't watch that movie. Talk about bitter...
  7. Senior Member
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    89664
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    80.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    lol we had this discussion last week about females on the front lines and diff qualifications for females and males yet they want equality

    however ill back away from that topic im with u lol no homo
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  8. Senior Member
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    89664
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    80.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Just don't watch Unfaithful, please, please don't watch that movie. Talk about bitter...

    yeah i pretty much about left my g/f after that movie i may have ignored her for a week lol
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    are u ****ing serious dude

    after u stated u never served everything u said lost all substance

    then calling me KKK

    u know nothing about me or my background. but bringing up racism is a real sore point for me and i dont stand for it


    nothing i said in there stated racism

    your ignorant to the fullest
    Where did I say you were racist? However, if you were, it would not surprise me. You are joke, in my opinion, and at this point. You make a post demeaning women and calling homosexuals '***s', and then get butt-hurt that I suggested you are a bigot? Please.

    And I don't stand for blatant ignorant ****s like yourself blurting out homophobic slurs - see how that works? I could care less if you have served, it does not change my opinions on your backwater logic; people like you make me sick: Hold their 'service' over other people's heads as justification for their ridiculous and asinine opinions.

    "Well Sergeant, I always knew Johsnon was gay, but ever since that *** came out the ol' closet there, he been singin' show tunes instead o' shootin! Errybody knows a *** can't shoot no gun, gee wiz!"
  10. Registered User
    mmorpheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    460
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    1.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    troof

    my wifes cousin is gay, my good friend is gay

    neither are peter pan lisp talking ***s. they are more undercover but even they said the first time i told them im was enlisting was everything we have said in here

    they look at other men like we look at women hot or not


    the biggest deal everyone serving in here has stated is the amount of bull**** sensitivity training everyone will be subjected to to accomidate this crap.

    for those of u that dont serve or are clueless

    the amount of yearly bs briefings we need to sit thru due to women in the service is unreal. things we can say or cant say. music we can listen to etc...

    i cannot fathom a combined homo/ female / MEO briefing

    its bad enough u have to look straight not speak in the service without the fear of a woman having a bad day.

    now add in a *** having a bad day and art 15's will increase 200% a yr

    It's not just the service.

    You get beat over the head with the same stuff in corporate management. I have yet to hear a widespread outcry for different sexes and sexual preferences to work separately, since now most folks in upper management are accustomed to diversity.

    Ultimately the difference seems to be in everyone's head. You don't know that the guy showering with you is gay (even if he is) , so it doesn't bother you, because as far as you are concerned he's not. Once you know he's gay it's a different story, because you can't pretend he isn't anymore.

    By the same standards though, should straight guys be permitted to be openly heterosexual?
    The secret gay guy might be disgusted to know that you love *****, so much so that he can't pretend you're gay anymore.
  11. Senior Member
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    89664
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    80.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Where did I say you were racist? However, if you were, it would not surprise me. You are joke, in my opinion, and at this point. You make a post demeaning women and calling homosexuals '***s', and then get butt-hurt that I suggested you are a bigot? Please.

    And I don't stand for blatant ignorant ****s like yourself blurting out homophobic slurs - see how that works? I could care less if you have served, it does not change my opinions on your backwater logic; people like you make me sick: Hold their 'service' over other people's heads as justification for their ridiculous and asinine opinions.

    "Well Sergeant, I always knew Johsnon was gay, but ever since that *** came out the ol' closet there, he been singin' show tunes instead o' shootin! Errybody knows a *** can't shoot no gun, gee wiz!"

    1) point out where I was demeaning women? and umm u said put a robe on me and include blacks and jews i guess you meant something else right :rollseyes:


    and Im a joke? and how am I holding my service over someones head. are you really retarded? there are several military in here discussing issues pertaining to us. not your backwoods fulltime rep position with usp. go play supplement and allow us to talk about stuff that effects in our daily lives. you know fighting for the right for you to insult us. this effects us not you sweetpea. people like u make me vomit you think your holier then though internet tough guy bull**** you slung the insults first little fella acting like you know all , when you have never faced anything of the nature service members go thru. dont talk about brain surgery with brain surgeons if your not a surgeon. You have your opinions I have mine deal with it.

    and still I lmfao oh noes someone clown on the internet doesnt like me hahahaha

    u insulting me is like competing against a one legged man in an asskicking contest

    i take no offense to any douchebag calling me a joke

    i see someone is a bit upset that we dont accept his choice of lifestyle

    anyhow judging by the quality of those whining ill make this my final post in this thread
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  12. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    oh noes someone clown on the internet doesnt like me hahahaha
    I don't need to say anything further, Outside Blumpkin.

    I feel terrible picking on an illiterate individual. It's like, well competing against a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest.
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    umm u said put a robe on me and include blacks and jews i guess you meant something else right :rollseyes:


    and Im a joke?

    lmfao oh noes someone clown on the internet doesnt like me hahahaha

    u insulting me is like competing against a one legged man in an asskicking contest

    i take no offense to any douchebag calling me a joke

    i see someone is a bit upset that we dont accept his choice of lifestyle
    LOL!

    I also love how you edited this post several times and it still ended up being drivel.
  14. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Insulting someone based on errors in grammar?

    C'mon, dude.
  15. Registered User
    mmorpheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    460
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    1.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    not your backwoods fulltime rep position with usp.
    IMO bringing your respective company rep statuses into play in this kind of thread is not cool.


    USPlabs and Applied Nutriceuticals have nothing to do with this.
  16. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I know this thread has had quite a bit of derogatory language in it and I have to step in and let everyone know that when we're making references to people we keep names like '***' out of it. Regardless on how you feel, this forum isn't going to be a safe haven for hate speech. If you have issues and want to discuss them rationally and respectively, then do so but keep the ignorant language to other forums made for this type of thing...

    When I have time i'll be editing posts and I don't expect to have to edit any after this one.
  17. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    It's not just the service.

    You get beat over the head with the same stuff in corporate management. I have yet to hear a widespread outcry for different sexes and sexual preferences to work separately, since now most folks in upper management are accustomed to diversity.

    Ultimately the difference seems to be in everyone's head. You don't know that the guy showering with you is gay (even if he is) , so it doesn't bother you, because as far as you are concerned he's not. Once you know he's gay it's a different story, because you can't pretend he isn't anymore.

    By the same standards though, should straight guys be permitted to be openly heterosexual?
    The secret gay guy might be disgusted to know that you love *****, so much so that he can't pretend you're gay anymore.
    Well... lets see... corporate America = a choice to be at that position. In the military you go where told, work with who you are told, and do what you are told.

    As for the reverse logic... certain norms ascertain a certain environment. Heterosexuality is the norm, so a gay guy in the military pretending others are gay? Are you serious?

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  18. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I have so much HW to do. This thread is going to be the death of me...or at least the reason for my "B-"
  19. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,470
    Rep Power
    1083706
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    45.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    this thread has exploded, too funnny.

    Hopefully some of those who have been hiding in the closet are making themselves very apparent
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  20. Registered User
    mmorpheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    460
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    1.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Well... lets see... corporate America = a choice to be at that position. In the military you go where told, work with who you are told, and do what you are told.
    Obviously you've never been in corporate management.

    One will get passed over for many upper level jobs if they are not willing to relocate. Travel is mandatory the larger your corporation and the higher you are up the chain. Unless you are the CEO, you have a boss, they tell you what to do, who you work with, initially and periodically thereafter staffing is assigned to you, not by you. You roll with the punches or you quit your job. In todays economy that really isn't the option it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    As for the reverse logic... certain norms ascertain a certain environment. Heterosexuality is the norm, so a gay guy in the military pretending others are gay? Are you serious?

    Adams
    It's the norm for you.
    The exact opposite is the norm for homosexuals.

    You're telling me if you are single or when you were that while looking at an attractive woman you didn't automatically hope she was available and into guys (more particularly, you)?

    Do you honestly believe that gay men aren't as turned off at the thought of you and female genitalia as much as you may be by the thought of them and male genitalia?

    So yes, I'm serious. I've actually heard gay men say that they assume every guy is gay until they know otherwise, so I know it's a valid scenario in at least some portion of the population.

    How is that different from you assuming every guy is straight, considering that both of you view your personal orientation as "the norm"?
  21. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    this thread has exploded, too funnny.

    Hopefully some of those who have been hiding in the closet are making themselves very apparent
    I really didn't know so many people automatically assumed that those that get frustrated with homosexuality are gay. I truly and honestly don't understand the basis for this. Not everyone that disagrees with the lifestyle is like the homosexual-hating, yet homosexual himself father in American Beauty. I think a very, very small amount of people would fall into that category.
  22. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    Obviously you've never been in corporate management.

    One will get passed over for many upper level jobs if they are not willing to relocate. Travel is mandatory the larger your corporation and the higher you are up the chain.
    You must have misunderstood me obviously. If you did not want to be in that position, to travel, and relocate... guess what.... you dont have too. Military DOES, regardless... there is no saying I quit.


    It's the norm for you.
    The exact opposite is the norm for homosexuals.

    You're telling me if you are single or when you were that while looking at an attractive woman you didn't automatically hope she was available and into guys (more particularly, you)?

    Do you honestly believe that gay men aren't as turned off at the thought of you and female genitalia as much as you may be by the thought of them and male genitalia?

    So yes, I'm serious. I've actually heard gay men say that they assume every guy is gay until they know otherwise, so I know it's a valid scenario in at least some portion of the population.

    How is that different from you assuming every guy is straight, considering that both of you view your personal orientation as "the norm"?
    But that is where you are wrong, at least in the military environment. Seeing as the current regulations, you HAVE to assume everyone is strait. That is the point of the regulation, so the majority doesn't feel uncomfortable.

    Tell me this... In America... is it the Norm to be gay or strait? And I am not wanting from some east LA metro guys point of view.. I mean majority speaking.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  23. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I really didn't know so many people automatically assumed that those that get frustrated with homosexuality are gay. I truly and honestly don't understand the basis for this. Not everyone that disagrees with the lifestyle is like the homosexual-hating, yet homosexual himself father in American Beauty. I think a very, very small amount of people would fall into that category.
    Agreed, thats paramount to saying "Whoever smelt it dealt it"

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  24. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post


    How is that different from you assuming every guy is straight, considering that both of you view your personal orientation as "the norm"?
    I honestly don't think that's the case. I would highly doubt most homosexuals see their lifestyle as the norm. It's what they are, but it's not the majority of the public, and they know that.

    I wouldn't even go about saying that heterosexuality is the norm, although it is. I see it as the natural state and order of things. Deviating from heterosexuality into bisexuality or homosexuality disrupts the natural order.

    What I'd like to know is how do we determine the right or the wrong? Are there any moral absolutes when it comes to sexuality? Is pedophilia okay? Is beastiality okay? Who determines so?

    The Greeks didn't even see it as homosexuality or heterosexuality...it was just sexuality. Men had boys, and it was the norm and it was okay to them. Is it okay to us? No. Why? Where's the absolute moral distinction?

    I know where my moral distinction comes from. Where does yours come from? (This question is for everyone)
  25. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,470
    Rep Power
    1083706
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    45.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    It really is a play off of the old shakespearean saying

    He who doth protest too much
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  26. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    ...or "If you spot it, you got it."
  27. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    ...or "If you spot it, you got it."
    The Historic PES Legend
  28. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    1) point out where I was demeaning women? and umm u said put a robe on me and include blacks and jews i guess you meant something else right :rollseyes:


    and Im a joke? and how am I holding my service over someones head. are you really retarded? there are several military in here discussing issues pertaining to us. not your backwoods fulltime rep position with usp. go play supplement and allow us to talk about stuff that effects in our daily lives. you know fighting for the right for you to insult us. this effects us not you sweetpea. people like u make me vomit you think your holier then though internet tough guy bull**** you slung the insults first little fella acting like you know all , when you have never faced anything of the nature service members go thru. dont talk about brain surgery with brain surgeons if your not a surgeon. You have your opinions I have mine deal with it.

    and still I lmfao oh noes someone clown on the internet doesnt like me hahahaha

    u insulting me is like competing against a one legged man in an asskicking contest

    i take no offense to any douchebag calling me a joke

    i see someone is a bit upset that we dont accept his choice of lifestyle

    anyhow judging by the quality of those whining ill make this my final post in this thread
    This fourth edit is the best, little fella.

    It was funny how upset you got; the last illiterate tirade caked it! I thought you didn't get upset at 'douchebags on the internet', though? Appears to me like your Nascar ginch are in a knot!
  29. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Tell me this... In America... is it the Norm to be gay or strait? And I am not wanting from some east LA metro guys point of view.. I mean majority speaking.
    So, if the majority of people in America are white... ???

    You see where I'm going with that. Look, it all comes down to whether or not we as a society feel that homosexuality is a choice. Science says it's not... just like science in the 1960's said that black people weren't any different from a cognitive perspective than white people.

    I just wish this country would realize that religion, etc. can still exist without denying what science tells us.
  30. Registered User
    mmorpheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    460
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    1.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    You must have misunderstood me obviously. If you did not want to be in that position, to travel, and relocate... guess what.... you dont have too. Military DOES, regardless... there is no saying I quit.
    No misunderstanding at all.
    Your argument of "if they don't want to, they don't have to" can be made for enlistment as well. Don't want to deal with it, don't enlist. Can't hang, get dishonorably discharged.
    Fact is, people choose management as a profession same as they choose a life of military service. Once they get to a certain point that is what they are trained to do, so the other options are really not that vast.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    But that is where you are wrong, at least in the military environment. Seeing as the current regulations, you HAVE to assume everyone is strait. That is the point of the regulation, so the majority doesn't feel uncomfortable.
    You have to outwardly assume everyone is straight. That has no bearing on what you feel inside. There are alot of things people have to outwardly do (regulated by law), despite their inner feelings, military or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Tell me this... In America... is it the Norm to be gay or strait? And I am not wanting from some east LA metro guys point of view.. I mean majority speaking.

    Adams
    Do you want a statistical answer based on pure numbers?
    In reality I would have to say that's probably in the eye of the beholder.
    Personally, I think it would be reasonable to assume that a homosexual individual that is 100% comfortable with their lifestyle may in fact feel that homosexuals and bisexuals are the norm, while those that are strictly heterosexual are in minority.
  31. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Science providing factual evidence and science providing theory are very different.

    I believe homosexuality CAN be a choice, and it can also be there upon birth. I see no reason why they can't both exist. Science may have proved one way, but I believe it can also prove the other if it wanted.
  32. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I know this thread has had quite a bit of derogatory language in it and I have to step in and let everyone know that when we're making references to people we keep names like '***' out of it. Regardless on how you feel, this forum isn't going to be a safe haven for hate speech. If you have issues and want to discuss them rationally and respectively, then do so but keep the ignorant language to other forums made for this type of thing...

    When I have time i'll be editing posts and I don't expect to have to edit any after this one.
    Wow, '***' may be construed as a 'hate' word; who would have thought, Outside Blumpkin?
  33. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    So, if the majority of people in America are white... ???

    You see where I'm going with that. Look, it all comes down to whether or not we as a society feel that homosexuality is a choice. Science says it's not... just like science in the 1960's said that black people weren't any different from a cognitive perspective than white people.

    I just wish this country would realize that religion, etc. can still exist without denying what science tell us.
    I am not saying they are different, I don't really even care. Again, I was referring things to the military debate. You cannot make the majority feel uncomfortable to please such a small percentage.



    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  34. Registered User
    mmorpheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    677
    Rep Power
    460
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    1.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I honestly don't think that's the case. I would highly doubt most homosexuals see their lifestyle as the norm. It's what they are, but it's not the majority of the public, and they know that.

    I wouldn't even go about saying that heterosexuality is the norm, although it is. I see it as the natural state and order of things. Deviating from heterosexuality into bisexuality or homosexuality disrupts the natural order.

    What I'd like to know is how do we determine the right or the wrong? Are there any moral absolutes when it comes to sexuality? Is pedophilia okay? Is beastiality okay? Who determines so?

    The Greeks didn't even see it as homosexuality or heterosexuality...it was just sexuality. Men had boys, and it was the norm and it was okay to them. Is it okay to us? No. Why? Where's the absolute moral distinction?
    )
    Now there's where you touch on a good point. Alot of the distinctions you are making are coming from a heterosexual male residing in the US.

    In other countries people are rolling quite differently. So when you think about what is the "norm" in certain situations, are you thinking globally, or strictly in the US?

    When does that dynamic change considering that we are becoming more and more globalized every day?
  35. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Science providing factual evidence and science providing theory are very different.

    I believe homosexuality CAN be a choice, and it can also be there upon birth. I see no reason why they can't both exist. Science may have proved one way, but I believe it can also prove the other if it wanted.
    That reminds me of highschool... when it was cool for chicks to go through their lesbian phase... then resume to smoke the c0ck after highschool.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  36. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Here's what's disturbing to some of you about gay sex:

    1. They suck each others' penises (blowjobs)
    2. They put their penises in each others' rectums (anal)

    YET... the most popular subsections on most straight porn sites are:

    1. Blowjobs
    2. Anal sex

    Irony? Or hypocrisy?
  37. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,473
    Rep Power
    997457
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    14.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    Now there's where you touch on a good point. Alot of the distinctions you are making are coming from a heterosexual male residing in the US.

    In other countries people are rolling quite differently. So when you think about what is the "norm" in certain situations, are you thinking globally, or strictly in the US?

    When does that dynamic change considering that we are becoming more and more globalized every day?
    So why would we discuss them, when the discussion was about service men and women in the US military, and them being comfortable enough to do the job at hand? Two muslims making out in the center of Baghdad has no impact upon my life. Some Private Joe Smith making out with Sergeant Bob Martinez in the middle of the BX is a different story.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  38. Senior Member
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5424
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    46.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I am not saying they are different, I don't really even care. Again, I was referring things to the military debate. You cannot make the majority feel uncomfortable to please such a small percentage.
    Man, I don't know about that. Small is a relative term.
  39. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mmorpheuss View Post
    Now there's where you touch on a good point. Alot of the distinctions you are making are coming from a heterosexual male residing in the US.

    In other countries people are rolling quite differently. So when you think about what is the "norm" in certain situations, are you thinking globally, or strictly in the US?

    When does that dynamic change considering that we are becoming more and more globalized every day?
    That's what I'm trying to point out. I have a certain set of moral guidelines, others make their moral judgements based on what is normal, or what is average, or what others tell them they need to accept. My beliefs would be the same no matter where I lived. I know that because I don't swing and sway with the crowd. I just wonder if most feel the same way.

    The children of the Fourth Reich were tought is was wrong to not hate Jews.

    The debate could go on forever. As it does...
  40. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27065
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I am not saying they are different, I don't really even care. Again, I was referring things to the military debate. You cannot make the majority feel uncomfortable to please such a small percentage.



    Adams
    I agree; however, does that uncomfortable situation justify ignorant and hateful bigotry like Outside Blumpkin's? I would assume no.

    As I said, you both (Outside Backer and yourself) have told me my opinion is unsubstantiated because I did not serve; fact is, I have double the experience either of you do in respects to the majority pleasing a minority.

    You both have served multiple years, I assume, but I have lived in a country which carries out exactly what you are describing my entire life. For example, all signage, nutrition facts, labels and so forth must be given in both French and English; the Charter of Rights and Freedoms dictates my right to be spoken to in both French and English in any part of the country; but, surprisingly, in Quebec (the 'French' portion of the country) the law dictates that French must be given first, and that no English must be present.

    The Anglophone vs Francophone debate in Canada has been a constant headache since the FLQ assassinations of the 1970's; now, while obviously I did not experience those portions, it has been a very annoying issue my entire life. I can assure you, I have the requisite experience when it comes to 'making the majority feel comfortable when it comes to pleasing such a small percentage'. That being said, you would never catch me blurting out 'Frog' when describing a Francophone, because I simply not steeped in fear, hate, or ignorance.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The 2012 bug is catching on!
    By bmcjames in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 442
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 12:35 AM
  2. Mdrol 53426 Oct.2012
    By Nova1723 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
  3. Ordering A Pizza In 2012
    By purebred in forum Politics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 06:40 AM
  5. Six Ways Obama Wants to Change America
    By bpmartyr in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 11:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in