My Transform Pics

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
My Transform Pics -- July 2008 Updated Pics Added

Just getting started here, but since I'm finally able to turn my focus toward gaining muscle rather than losing fat, thought it best to get post where I am now, just a couple of weeks into my first clean bulk.

I had been overweight all my life. When it finally clicked with me how close to dying I was, I was 375 lbs@44% BF (maybe a little more). I've poured everything I could into changing my life, and so far so good. Now, I'm at 200 pounds, 12-14% BF, depending on the measurement type that's done, and I feel better than at any time in my life. Hopefully there will be some new muscle on these pics on a few months. I'd like to get to 220 @8%, but that will take at while.

Anyway, Before and After:

Attachments

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Jesus Christ my man, that's probably the most impressive transformation I've ever seen.

It's hard to believe how tight your skin is after that much weight loss; great job.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats bro! How long a timespan was that over?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Simply AMAZING!

VERY VERY NICE!

CROWLER

Jet

Awards
  • Established
WOW :clap2:

How long did the transformation take (from first pic to last)? And what sort of routine did you use primarily?

Congrats man, like kwyck said, that's probably the most impressive transformation I've ever seen. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
thans an excellent example of dedication.

You look great, actually you look way younger on the last pics that you did when you were overweight.

Best of luck

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Congrats bro! How long a timespan was that over?
WOW :clap2:

How long did the transformation take (from first pic to last)? And what sort of routine did you use primarily?

Congrats man, like kwyck said, that's probably the most impressive transformation I've ever seen. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:
The before pics are about 2 1/2 years old, and not me at my largest, but you get the idea. People think I'm kind of freakish or used a cheat or something-- and I can't explain why it happened so fast but -- I started my diet Labor Day 2006, and started working out October 1. So, I've been working out just at one year.

At first, I used a simple 3x per week total body all DB's that I could do at home (I was too embarrassed to go to a gym at my size). Cardio, I stationary biked, a LOT. I changed to a 4x per week upper/lower that I found on-line at the start of 2007. When I finally joined a gym, I changed to a 5x per week, once per week per group thing my trainer put me on. Currently, I do a 2-on, 1- off, another upper/lower split. I've got another 4 weeks of the current one before I need to change. With the exception of a few change up days, I've always gone heavy. (6-10 reps)

One of the guys at my current gym is trying to get me to start OVT. Don't know if I should or exactly what to do next.

you really put in work you look hot!
Thank you. But, you'll make me blush. :D

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
dude your my hero thats a unreal transformation congrats

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Just goes to show with knowledge, time, dedication america can back down our obese %.
Amazing in every aspect. Congrats and welcome. :head:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
The only problem w/ those obesity stats is that its BMI based. Based off of BMI I'd say a huge portion of us on this forum are "obese".

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Jesus Christ my man, that's probably the most impressive transformation I've ever seen.

It's hard to believe how tight your skin is after that much weight loss; great job.
X 10!!!

Awesome!

Much Love,

Neoborn

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
The only problem w/ those obesity stats is that its BMI based. Based off of BMI I'd say a huge portion of us on this forum are "obese".
My f'n "Bodyfat" scale does that....it's such a crock way to go about it! ( no offense intended or directed at the OP )

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
:clap2: Inspiring man.. absolutely inspiring.. to say the least! Congratulations! :clap2:

npap

Awards
Nothing is impossible... CONGRATULATIONS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
OUTSTANDING!! SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!!! Thats what I like to see, someone taking charge and apllying and dedicating them self, to make such a drastic life/ lifes style change!!:clap2: Keep up the freat work my man!!

yosahab

yosahab

Awards
Awesome job man. Do you have any loose skin around your lower abs at all? I came down about 100 lbs and ended up having some loose skin. I thought that my tranformation was something but I aint got S@^t on you!!!!! Good Work:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Thank again guys.

I always thought that there was nothing I could do about being fat. Well, I may never reach the stage of Olympia or anything, but If I can do it, anyone can. All it takes is the will to change. Most of my fat friends just don't want to and have told me so.

My f'n "Bodyfat" scale does that....it's such a crock way to go about it! ( no offense intended or directed at the OP )
No offense taken at all, and the BMI is a total crock. When I started, mine was 52.3, and it was probably being kind in reflecting the shape I was in, with my waist actually measuring 58 7/8". I've cut 26" off of my waist, wear size 31" pants, healthier than I've ever been in every measure -- my doc said once she'd kill to have my blood work --, and the BMI still says I'm overweight (27.3).

Awesome job man. Do you have any loose skin around your lower abs at all? I came down about 100 lbs and ended up having some loose skin. I thought that my tranformation was something but I aint got S@^t on you!!!!! Good Work:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
I've got a bit on my extreme lower abs, butt, and high quads/calves. If you look at the abs and lower back pics you can see it just at the waist line. But, short of being in a poser or something, it's really not noticeable.

Compared to most people in my position, I've been very lucky with it. Been for a surgery consult, and my doc says it is no more than a few pounds with that he'd have to remove, what he'd be looking at in a typical sized person's vanity tummy tuck. And if I can get to 10% BF or better before my surgery next summer, it could be even little less.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
True, i am technically obese, but you know what i mean.

kw1k

Awards
outstanding results man. I don't even know you but i am damn proud of you dude. Great job you are a freaking anaimal.

You look absolutely amazing the results are unreal.:thumbsup:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good God, lol. That should be on the cover of Muscletech...As in that is such a huge change that it is damn near unbelievable. that is something to be very proud of and inspiring to those of us who think we can't do it.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
very impressive!

all those fat people who blame their genetics must hate you. you are walking proof that hard work and dedication actually work.

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
very impressive!

all those fat people who blame their genetics must hate you. you are walking proof that hard work and dedication actually work.
Hey thanks. Maybe in a couple of years I can get the abs you've got. Whew --

I have lost several friends who are fat, because they couldn't deal with it. The "You've changed too much" or "Can't you just be normal again ?" ones. I think I'm better off without them.

I've got the metabolism of an f***ing elephant. Honest to God I can slow gain on 3300 cals a day, being in the gym 2 hours a day. I can respect anyone out there who is trying to change, no matter what they look like now. If they are in they gym dedicated, and eating right, then whatever happens happens.

If you're a couch potato slug like I was stuffing you face at all hours and say you can't. Bullsh*t. I did it it, and if I can , anyone can. It may be easier for some than for others to put on muscle and lose fat, but that's life. I'd love to look like the trainer at my gym doing decline bench with 405 on the bar cranking out perfect rep after perfect rep. But he'd got 20 years of training under his belt that I don't. I'll probably not get even close to him, but it won't be for lack of trying.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
WOW!!!!!!! you really look amazing.........Excellent job

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
You look amazing and your story is great.

I gotta ask though, when you finished cutting and started gaining mass, what was the lady attention like?

cruisir10

Awards
Ma man, what you have done is amazing. I've shown this to a few friends and they are in awe. Awesome work!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
AWESOME AWESOME work man!!

Might wanna work at geting that left bi as much work in as the right ;)

anabolicandre

Awards
incredible!!!!

Great friggin job man! Keep up the great work

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Thanks again, everyone.

You look amazing and your story is great.

I gotta ask though, when you finished cutting and started gaining mass, what was the lady attention like?
The change was HUGE, and it's really kind of fun. Before, I couldn't have gotten anyone to give me the time of day. Now, ladies just walk up to me and strike up conversations. I get taken care of at restaurants and stores so easily now by lady staff. I never have to ask. Just this morning, I was walking around CSU campus to do some research at the library and three girls came up to me telling me how buff I was and asked me to flex. A lot of whistles from girls in cars passing by. Most of them have no idea that I've over 30.

But, the funniest one -- no joke -- was one of my former students (I was an HS teacher until this school year) hit on me in the mall. She hadn't seen me since she went off to college, and she'd just graduated. She knew my voice when we spoke, but she thought we'd met at a club and she'd forgotten. You've never seen a more red-faced person in your life than when I told her who I was, and she figured out she'd just made a pass at her old teacher.

AWESOME AWESOME work man!!

Might wanna work at geting that left bi as much work in as the right ;)
Yea, I know. Symmetry is something I'm in short supply of generally (Left leg is better defined than right, due to injury, but that is much better of as late. Left tri is better than right tri). I'm not sure exactly how to address it. (Any suggestions, guys?)

It's SLOOOOOWLY getting closer in size to the right, but it's still about 1/4 inch smaller. Strange thing is that my left is actually stronger than my right.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Brad... to echo everyone else...:jaw:

Seriously, one of the most incredible transformations ever in the history of transformations.

Welcome!

Smiler51

Awards
I'm with everybody on this one. Very inspirational!!! Maybe you should become a personal trainer and help obese people loose weight. They will be a lot more comfortable with you training them as they can see your before and after pictures.

Congratulations!!!!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
This comment is the same as everyone elses but your transformation is incredible because it was so drastic. Awesome job !

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Hugely inspirational! What does your "before" and "after" diet look like?

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
Hugely inspirational! What does your "before" and "after" diet look like?
My after (current anyway) diet is the easy part. Right now, I'm slow, clean bulking. I've gained about 2 1/2 pounds this month. I eat about 3600-3700 cals per day (low for a bulk, but that's the endo in me :) ), 40% c / 40% p / 20% fat, 6 meals + a PWO shake. I eat extremely clean, whole foods. With the exception of protein powder, whole wheat bread and pasta, everything I eat is as unprocessed, no-sugar, no-preservatives, etc. as I can get. I wanna get back to about 215 so that I can regain some of the muscle mass I lost over the diet, before I cut again and try to get sub 10%. (I'd like ot cut back to 195@ sub 10% by mind-summer 2008 before I try my long term goal of 220, sub 10%)

Before diet, it was pretty much whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted. Convenience foods, lots of pop, chips, fast food. My best guess is that I typically ate something on the order of 7000-10,000 cals per day, sometimes as high as 12 or 15000, with a totally sedentary lifestyle. Sounds incredible, but thinking back on some of the meals that I had (and I ate 3-4 times a day like this), it's what the figures point to.

Here are a few "sample" before meals:

1) A whole large all-topping pizza, a large order of wings, and a whole 2 liter pop

2) A double Whopper, a single whopper, 2 large fries, and pop.

3) From Taco Bell, 2 burritos, a nachos grande, 3-4 soft tacos, and pop. (Snackish kind of thing) In fact most places fast food just for myself would run 12-14 bucks.

4) Stop at KFC for a 10 piece family meal, and eat 3/4 of it on my own in one sitting.

5) If I cooked for myself, let's say chili, it would be 3-4 large bowls with all the condiments and add ons (sour cream, cheese, crackers, etc) you can think of. Most of a box of pasta with a jar's worth of sauce and half a loaf of French bread.

Mind you, I could eat like that, and then eat again three or four hours later and just as much. You may thing I'm joking, but I'm not exaggerating at all. It's mind boggling to me now that I could have ever lived and ate that way for so long.

How I've changed? Just this weekend, I cheated and ordered a Domino's pizza to eat watching the football game. Three slices of medium later, I was full.

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
5 Month Change

Thanks guys for all the support. One of the things I have to adjust to is how slow gaining lean muscle is. You know, you don't see the change in yourself everyday. Then I look at this.

This pic is my change since I stopped trying to actively lose weight. The difference in actual scale weight between these pics is about 5 pounds. But, what a difference a little more muscle and a more narrow waist makes.

First Pic Was May 1, Middle July 1, End October 2nd.

Attachments

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Insane!!!! One of the best transformations I have seen.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Outstanding! You look really good! Congratulations!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
HOLY **** DUDE! Nice freakin work!

BMI...yes we all know its a crock...i'm morbidly obese myself...with visible abs??

and on another side note...don't be admiring the heavy decline presses.

Amazing work man. Keep it up.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
How much cardio and how often?

Use A.A.S or clen/t3 at all?

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
HOLY **** DUDE! Nice freakin work!

BMI...yes we all know its a crock...i'm morbidly obese myself...with visible abs??

and on another side note...don't be admiring the heavy decline presses.

Amazing work man. Keep it up.
Thanks, man. Can I be impressed by some of your lifts, LOL. Incredible.

How much cardio and how often?

Use A.A.S or clen/t3 at all?
When I was cutting hard, 45-60 min, 6x per week. I pushed hard enough to burn 850-1000 cals per hour stationary biking. These days, 20-30 min low impact, 3-4x per week.

I've never used anabolic steroids or the like. There have been several people -- including my former doctor -- who thought I was (I don't understand how. One good friend in the gym laughed hard when I told him, and he said anyone who knows about A.A.S. knows I'm not using. He said with my body structure, I'd be a lot bigger if I were.)

I'm not opposed to using AAS at all. Personally, I feel that if you do not go overboard, you can get many of the benefits of AAS without many of the side effects that come with massive cycles. I'm friends with many people who have/do use, and the ones I who I respect all agree on one thing. You shouldn't think about using until you know what your potential is without them, at least 3-4 years in the gym with proper nutrition and proper workouts. I'm no where near that yet. When the time comes, then I'll make that choice.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, man. Can I be impressed by some of your lifts, LOL. Incredible.

When I was cutting hard, 45-60 min, 6x per week. I pushed hard enough to burn 850-1000 cals per hour stationary biking. These days, 20-30 min low impact, 3-4x per week.

I've never used anabolic steroids or the like. There have been several people -- including my former doctor -- who thought I was (I don't understand how. One good friend in the gym laughed hard when I told him, and he said anyone who knows about A.A.S. knows I'm not using. He said with my body structure, I'd be a lot bigger if I were.)

I'm not opposed to using anabolic steroids at all. Personally, I feel that if you do not go overboard, you can get many of the benefits of AAS without many of the side effects that come with massive cycles. I'm friends with many people who have/do use, and the ones I who I respect all agree on one thing. You shouldn't think about using until you know what your potential is without them, at least 3-4 years in the gym with proper nutrition and proper workouts. I'm no where near that yet. When the time comes, then I'll make that choice.
You did something right because somehow you signaled your body to burn 100% fat and no muscle.

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
You did something right because somehow you signaled your body to burn 100% fat and no muscle.
I wish that was true. I'll be the first to admit that I've been able to do a lot better than many people who do massive loss. But I chalk that up to a very clean, wholesome diet of what I did eat, and a lot of luck, and maybe some good genes. I know now that I did some very stupid things at some points, things I'll never repeat when I cut again. (Like eating less than my BMR and then exercising off all those calories).

Back to the muscle loss - I lost about 15% lean mass (if the body fat % are right) over the course of the first cut. Sounds OK considering the until you do the figures -- 27 pounds LBM lost. My goal is to get that 27 pounds pounds of muscle back.

jeepnrocks

Awards
This is the first thread I looked at since I joined so my first post will be "Amazing Job and congrats on what you have accomplished!"

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
repps to u bro

when i first saw those photos i thought it was father and son!!

those before photos would have been taken around late 29/ early 30, u looked 50 something dude!!

the transformation is beyond belief and well done

remarkable and a fine example of what can be achieved

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: