My Transform Pics

Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by MikeMagz1013 View Post
    Yeah when you succeed in life, you really find out who your real friends are. You got hater friends who want to see you fail, and then the real ones who stick by you no matter what and never judge you. They never thought you could do it and you proved them all wrong horribly. The way I see it is not losing a friend, its just finding out their true enemy identity. It doesn't make you a prick, you don't look down on anybody, you've just been there and done that and that part of you is in the past along with the negative people that you don't need in life.
    Thanks Mike. I suppose that is true.

I just wish that the people who I know, who are obese or worse, would take the step . . . or at least try. But, I guess what really makes me angry, and it does make me angry, are the friends who are at least somewhat supportive of me, but ask over and over how I did it -- how I "really" did it, expecting me to share the magic weight loss secret that does not require the sh*t loads of work we know it does. They may even try it for a few days before sliding back into old patterns. Two in particular come to mind, fairly close to me, who on the one had will burst into tears and kind of take it out on me for their inability to stick with it, then beg for my help. I try, but I know it will go nowhere. They are a huge drain on me when it happens, but I just can't bring myself to cut them off or tell them I will not help them until they prove that they really want it by doing something for more than 48 hours. Maybe I should, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorodenson View Post
    vERY IMPRESIVE!
    Thanks man.

--------------------------------------

Just posting also my 6 month chest progress pics to my main thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Great job man, this is truly unbelievable but you achieved your goal and thats great man! how was ur dieting? do you know what you or your trainer had you eating to help you lose weight. and cardio wise what you do and how many times per week did you do it?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by To0l8er View Post
    Great job man, this is truly unbelievable but you achieved your goal and thats great man! how was ur dieting? do you know what you or your trainer had you eating to help you lose weight. and cardio wise what you do and how many times per week did you do it?
    Thanks man.

I actually did all of the weight loss myself. I never even set foot in a proper gym until after my weight loss had stopped (I was too embarrassed to go to a gym while I was fat.) I had a trainer when I first started at the gym, but that was only for about 3 weeks -- after that he stopped charging me to train me and asked me to be his workout partner doing his workout. Jarred taught me a hell of a lot about being a good trainer while we were working out together.

Anyway -- my dieting was simple and what you see everywhere in bodybuilding over and over again. I still follow that diet and eat the same way now, even if it is in higher cal amounts. 6 small meals per day and I had to experiment until I found that between 2000 and 2200 cals per day for me was optimum for weight loss for me. I ate a 40/40/20 macro diet, which seemed to me when I was researching to be balanced and sustainable over the long term. Every meal (save just before bed which had no carbs) had a lean protein, a complex or simple carb combination, and a fat source. I had one cheat meal per week where I could eat what I wanted -- within reason, but I was free to go out and eat. (I had a real taste for some nasty fajita nachos drown in cheese from a local Spanish restaurant.) I eliminated all the processed food, salt, and sugar I could. Past that, I basically ate the foods I wanted to eat. No "special" things to eat, so to speak. Just clean, healthy eating. There are lots of clean food lists online, and they are all more or less the same. I just used one as a guide, selecting foods that I likes, and built my own constantly changing diet. To tell the truth, after the initial withdrawal from caffeine and sugar, I have never been hungry. How many people can say that they have not experienced hunger in 3 years? But, that is a positive "side effect" of a bodybuilding lifestyle for me.

Cardio was easy too and nothing out of the ordinary. I bought a recumbent stationary bike used from a local gym equipment store for a couple hundred dollars that was capable of bearing my weight and comfortable on my joints. I started out at 5 mins per day, and increased it by 5 mins per week until I was at 45 mins per day, 6 days a week. As my heart health improved and I adapted, I raised the intensity to keep my heart rate up to averaging betwee, 140-145 bpm throughout the session.
    Last edited by bradspencer74; 04-28-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added a lost line . . .

4. Quote Originally Posted by bradspencer74 View Post
    Thanks man.

I actually did all of the weight loss myself. I never even set foot in a proper gym until after my weight loss had stopped (I was too embarrassed to go to a gym while I was fat.) I had a trainer when I first started at the gym, but that was only for about 3 weeks -- after that he stopped charging me to train me and asked me to be his workout partner going his workout. Jarred taught me a hell of a lot about being a good trainer while we were working out together.

Anyway -- my dieting was simple and what you see everywhere in bodybuilding over and over again. I still follow that diet and eat the same way now, even if it is in higher cal amounts. 6 small meals per day and I had to experiment until I found that between 2000 and 2200 cals per day for me was optimum for weight loss for me. I ate a 40/40/20 macro diet, which seemed to me when I was researching to be balanced and sustainable over the long term. Every meal (save just before bed which had no carbs) had a lean protein, a complex or simple carb combination, and a fat source. I had one cheat meal per week where I could eat what I wanted -- within reason, but I was free to go out and eat. (I had a real taste for some nasty fajita nachos drown in cheese from a local Spanish restaurant.) I eliminated all the processed food, salt, and sugar I could. Past that, I basically ate the foods I wanted to eat. No "special" things to eat, so to speak. Just clean, healthy eating. There are lots of clean food lists online, and they are all more or less the same. I just used one as a guide, selecting foods that I likes, and built my own constantly changing diet. To tell the truth, after the initial withdrawal from caffeine and sugar

Cardio was easy too and nothing out of the ordinary. I bought a recumbent stationary bike used from a local gym equipment store for a couple hundred dollars that was capable of bearing my weight and comfortable on my joints. I started out at 5 mins per day, and increased it by 5 mins per week until I was at 45 mins per day, 6 days a week. As my heart health improved and I adapted, I raised the intensity to keep my heart rate up to averaging betwee, 140-145 bpm throughout the session.

thanks man, youre a great inspiration. god bless you. keep up the good work!

5. If this is really you before and after....you are the f^*king man!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstud View Post
    If this is really you before and after....you are the f^*king man!
    LOL. Yes, its really me, both before and after, so thanks. If this helps . . .

The first pic is me at the Grand Canyon. The second is my post loss Sept. 2007. Look at the jeans. They are the same pair of pants. I still have them and can still stand in one leg and walk around. I even have those sunglasses too somewhere, but now, they swallow my face whole.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstud View Post
    If this is really you before and after....you are the f^*king man!
    Maybe this will help a bit. The first pic is of me at the Grand Canyon Visitor's Center. The second is me Sept 2007 post weight loss. Look at the jeans. They are they same pair of pants. I still have those pants and can still fit in one leg and walk around. I have the sunglasses somewhere too, but they swallow my face whole. Anyway . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images    

8. Great transformation, very inspirational. I gotta say though, smile more, lol.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Liquid13 View Post
    Great transformation, very inspirational. I gotta say though, smile more, lol.
    I do smile a lot. Cameras just make me nervous. :-)

10. You look alot younger now. Way to go
    •   

11. I'm a little late but good job man

12. Quote Originally Posted by bradspencer74 View Post
    Maybe this will help a bit. The first pic is of me at the Grand Canyon Visitor's Center. The second is me Sept 2007 post weight loss. Look at the jeans. They are they same pair of pants. I still have those pants and can still fit in one leg and walk around. I have the sunglasses somewhere too, but they swallow my face whole. Anyway . . .
    Truly fxcking inspirational bro!

(anyone ever tell you that you look kinda John Malkovich"ish"?)

13. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Truly fxcking inspirational bro!

(anyone ever tell you that you look kinda John Malkovich"ish"?)
    LOL. You are like the 10th person to say that I look like a young John Malkovich with muscles.

14. Quote Originally Posted by bradspencer74 View Post
    LOL. You are like the 10th person to say that I look like a young John Malkovich with muscles.
    LOL! Hey nothing wrong with ya... hes pretty awesome in some of his movies!

15. HOLYWHATTHE!? Perseverance at its best.

16. Truly Truly amazing dedication and perceverence. You should be very proud of yourself. You look like a whole new person. Don't be ashamed to show off that hard work. I dont post often but when I saw your transformation I just had to add to the congrats you are receiving.

17. This is incredible!!!! I feel like putting the before and after pics on every phone poll in my block lol. Great job Man!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

18. I have 20 pounds to lose, and until now b***hed everyday about having to get myself back in shape. But not anymore, LOL!! Good Job man!! If I'm not mistaken you said your a teacher right? And you made all your progress bustin' your A** everyday, while still holdin' down a regular job 9 to 5...?!?! Thats impressive!! Any thoughts on using PH's? By the tone of most of your messages, I'd say No!! But just curious!!

19. Quote Originally Posted by bradspencer74 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the support. One of the things I have to adjust to is how slow gaining lean muscle is. You know, you don't see the change in yourself everyday. Then I look at this.

This pic is my change since I stopped trying to actively lose weight. The difference in actual scale weight between these pics is about 5 pounds. But, what a difference a little more muscle and a more narrow waist makes.

First Pic Was May 1, Middle July 1, End October 2nd.
    Amen.

20. This is a burnout set of Alt DB Curls. Was looking for those "tired" bad habits in form that come out. Light weight (30's), but it seemed to be OK. Some feedback that I need to work on my peak more -- get more sets of preachers in. What do you guys think?

-----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xman315 View Post
    I have 20 pounds to lose, and until now b***hed everyday about having to get myself back in shape. But not anymore, LOL!! Good Job man!! If I'm not mistaken you said your a teacher right? And you made all your progress bustin' your A** everyday, while still holdin' down a regular job 9 to 5...?!?! Thats impressive!! Any thoughts on using PH's? By the tone of most of your messages, I'd say No!! But just curious!!
    Yep, I was a teacher when I was losing weight. Now, I am trainer at my gym. The management loves to give me obese and seriously obese, clients. I wonder why, LOL??? I make more than I did teaching too.

I have tried PH's in the past, after my weight loss was done. The first time, I had GREAT results, but the other times I tried them after that, there was little change. Of course, that PH is now illegal, LOL. I have not used any in quite some time now. To be frank, if I am going to use something like that, I would rather spend the money on real AAS and get those results than on a PH. Just my feeling.

21. I think you look good bicep wise.. One thing we do when we do burnout sets that really seems to add definition is to do alternating but have them turned the other way at the bottom and then turn them on the way up.

22. Truly motivating and inspiring!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!

23. Good god that's one hell of a transformation. Keep up the good work Brad!!

24. Very impressive !

25. wow, this is unreal! nice work!
  26. wow....

just saw this thread....holly crap batman...what a change..good on ya bro..youre an inspiration!

brown

27. Amazing job! One word... inspirational!

28. I knoow you are so mad about high school and college ..all the chicks you missed out. Never too late tho. Good God optimus prime should be yo nick name in two years you transformed yo body. Good job brother

29. First off, congrats. I too was a big sumbiacth. I hit 320. Im cureently down to 235. Ive actually been at and around this weight for like 4 months. Anyways, how the heck did you get so tight. I mean my upper body looks pretty darn good in my opinion(considering I was obese). But the stomach region has alot of lose skin. Ive tried diet pills, increased cardio, shoot i even went out and bought one of those sauna belts. But nothing is working. Oh well if you have any advice for me that'd be great. Once again good job.

30. thats gotta be the most impressive before and after results that i have ever seen to date. phenomenal. lookin' lean n' mean. nice goatee too.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My One Year Transformation (pics)
    By gmc4180 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 11:13 AM
  2. My progress pics...
    By Rick Morrow in forum Pics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 12:00 PM
  3. my recent pics!
    By BigPoppaThrilla in forum Pics
    Replies: 20