my journey to get to 150 criticizm and suggestions wanted

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

1. id say drop cardio period. eat everything possible you shouldnt have a point in the day you arent full to the brim wake up middle of rest to down a weight gainer you gotta have one with all the fing sups maybe instead of all those sups you need to be buying food if your eating plenty and getting enough rest from workouts theres not reason you cant get there even without all these supps thats just insane. left heavy and intense, low volume.

2. Quote Originally Posted by cloc View Post
    id say drop cardio period. eat everything possible you shouldnt have a point in the day you arent full to the brim wake up middle of rest to down a weight gainer you gotta have one with all the fing sups maybe instead of all those sups you need to be buying food if your eating plenty and getting enough rest from workouts theres not reason you cant get there even without all these supps thats just insane. left heavy and intense, low volume.
    im actually planning on dropping post workout cardio and doing only one day of cardio type stuff on off day. and for cardio thats either interval type stuff at the stadium by my house, playing soccer, running, biking.
    •   

3. Don't drop to once a week 3x a week! Cardio is super important for apetite and nutrient partioning and optimal blood flow to help with recovery

4. More importanyly the better your cardio the more intrnse your workouts can be becuase your in better shape.

5. That is an absolutely obscene amount of supplements. Far too excessive, in my very humble opinion.

6. It is insane but as of right now he just uses the essentials ithers are for later use. Always good to have to trade ect

7. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    It is insane but as of right now he just uses the essentials ithers are for later use. Always good to have to trade ect
    To each his own, I suppose. My concern is not necessarily the actual supplements themselves, but rather: the mindset and attitude which goes into purchasing that many supplements. Too many people have a dependent neurosis with supplements; essentially using it as a crutch, so to speak. Simply my thoughts.

8. 76 lbs 8 months ago to 126 today... 1st thing i would do is get some blood work... you want to make sure you have proper organ function before you take more sups. It's easy to take chems that make you feel ok but being ok is something wholly different. 50lbs in 8 months is phenomenal weight gain, but must be brought into perspective @ 76lbs your body was starving that's why it packs on pounds so readily now... BUT a starving body shuts down systems to conserve resources, along with muscle loss you lose essential hormone production. I would submit to you that weightloss is not your problem, but rather that its the effect of the problem or cause. It's important to not just change the behavior or true problem but to identify any other effects that hard living may have caused. Sleep deprivation, Starvation, Chemical Self Medication - can result in diabetes, hypoglycemia, cardio-vascular disease, depression anxiety anemia various vitamin deficiencies which can lead to dry joints, osteoporosis, and a weak immune system, which then opens another can of worms.

Gaining a bunch of weight will put more strain on weak bodily systems perhaps highlighting imbalances already present. I'm not trying to neg anyone out just saying you gotta focus on whats not seen before focusing on what is seen. I love you like a play cousin brotha be healthy.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight

9. i appreciate ur concern but believe me i have had just about every test on earth done to me while in and out of the hospital. ekg, sonagram, mri, x-rays, blood tests for everything from hormones, lipids, minerals, u name it i got it tested for the first 5 months once a month after leaving the hospital. i was on an iv for 6 days and they wouldnt release me until they knew for certain every organ in my body checked out. and i still get bloods done once a month for organ functions, lipids etc. and have a hormone panel scheduled in a month or so. but like crazyfool said i may have a ton of supps but i really dont use much more than bcaas, protein, multi, fishoil, a prewo here and there and the same postworkout mix of waxy, BA, creatine and bcaas. outside of that i use a test booster every so often but i hardly think my supplementation is trying to make up for a lack of work ethic, dedication, hard work and consistency because when it comes to my health and fitness thats number one to me. I could understand if i was someone who didnt take the time to plan meals, have a solid routine, always consistent, nd give 100% to my goals; then you could assume i relied to heavily on supplements. and this isnt directed at one person but rather just anyone who llooks at what i have and thinks wow that guy has too much **** and should just focus on lifting and eating. but I treat supplements as what they are, supplementary to a solid lifting, eating and lifestyle

10. Just a question: if you do not use them frequently, why purchase such an exorbitant amount of supplements? In the last three pictures alone, I counted over thirty-seven different formulas - and several had duplicates. This type of compulsive buying was, more or less, what I was originally alluding to: a compulsive neurosis to buy, store and hoard supplements, and use them in every such combination; even, and sometimes especially, irrespective of how redundant the combination tends to be. I just see it as money spent better elsewhere. But, keep in mind I am not passing judgment, here, I simply "don't get it".
    •   

11. well the powders and stuff are all either protein, bcaas, creatine, BA, cit mal. and for the test boosters, ais, and ph I just bought either when they were on sale so i could use them later or i planned on trying one the next month or something like that. i hardly think i have a huge collection compared to some people that i see pictures of

12. Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    well the powders and stuff are all either protein, bcaas, creatine, BA, cit mal. and for the test boosters, ais, and ph I just bought either when they were on sale so i could use them later or i planned on trying one the next month or something like that. i hardly think i have a huge collection compared to some people that i see pictures of
    i would hold off on anything hormonal for a while.

its good that you're getting everything back in order, body wise i mean.
    You have somewhat of an advantage. You're body was starved for so long, and now that its being fed consistently, food is the most anabolic thing you have.
    You can definitely get to 150, if not heavier, while staying relatively lean...all naturally.

13. diggin the mustache

14. Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo15 View Post
    diggin the mustache
    what?

15. subbed on this!! Glad to hear you getting you life back on the right track there bud.. I been there before.. been a lazy pothead pill poping couch potatoe..lol.. but seriously good to hear your getting your head right.. oh and holy moly thats a lot of supps!!! and I thought I had alot.. damn
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

16. Damn that's a lot of supps!

17. still at 125-126lb so ill be adding an extra tbsp of cocnut oil to my prewo oats nd see where im at at the end of the week. Im really loving this HCA as my sole GDA with some banaba and plain ala. my weight has been the same for two weeks but my waistline is about 1 inch smaller so im guessing i dropped some bf because strength is still climbing. today I was doing bb curls about 10lbs heavier than usual.
    warm up 30lbx15
    working sets
    50x10x2
    60x8x2
    70x6x2
    80x2

18. decided to put up some newer pics two are really blurry tho gotta get a new camera. my arms have grown about an inch or so hoping i can get them to 15inches. and the measurement of my arm was taken with a semi pump.
    im at 128 right now prolly gained maybe half a bf% since i dont have as much vascularity but whatever.

gonna try and get a back and leg shot up when i can have someone take those for me.

19. Keep up the hard work brotha. Slow n steady

20. shoulder are looking pretty vascular not sure if you mentioned but maybe you should add in a weight gain shake at bedtime never failed for putting weight on me i prefer to make my own but monstermass is pretty good solid ingredients anyways keep it up

21. since you're so lean, why not keep upping the cals until you see a little BF accumulate? You could afford a little BF is the result includes more LBM. Just my 2c.

22. Quote Originally Posted by cloc View Post
    shoulder are looking pretty vascular not sure if you mentioned but maybe you should add in a weight gain shake at bedtime never failed for putting weight on me i prefer to make my own but monstermass is pretty good solid ingredients anyways keep it up
    Agreed. That may have helped me pack on the most mass. Gainer right before you hit the bed works like a charm.

Nice progress man

23. yeah i dont have ne gainer shakes i just make 2 shakes a day one before bed and one pwo. and then 4 meals on top of that. heres what im eating today lemme kno what u guys think

meal 1/prewo
    steel cut oats, 2 hb eggs, whey, coconut oil, banana
    85cho 12 fat 50 pro

meal 2 pwo 1
    30g wms, 20g oat powder 10g bcaa
    50cho

pwo 2
    whey,skim milk, banana,
    25 cho 40 pro

ppwo
    9 oz chicken breast, sweet potato, mixed veggies, evoo
    70 cho 10 fat 48pro

meal 4
    tuna sandwhich on ezekial bread with hummus
    30 cho 20 fat 40 pro

meal 5
    salad, shrimp, hb egg, evoo
    5 cho 14 fat 50 pro

meal 6
    cotage cheese, evoo, whey
    5cho, 10 fat 35 pro

total
    270 cho, 265 pro, 65 fat and about 2725 cals

and the only supps im using are a mix of gda powders with carb meals

24. Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    yeah i dont have ne gainer shakes i just make 2 shakes a day one before bed and one pwo. and then 4 meals on top of that. heres what im eating today lemme kno what u guys think

meal 1/prewo
    steel cut oats, 2 hb eggs, whey, coconut oil, banana
    85cho 12 fat 50 pro

meal 2 pwo 1
    30g wms, 20g oat powder 10g bcaa
    50cho

pwo 2
    whey,skim milk, banana,
    25 cho 40 pro

ppwo
    9 oz chicken breast, sweet potato, mixed veggies, evoo
    70 cho 10 fat 48pro

meal 4
    tuna sandwhich on ezekial bread with hummus
    30 cho 20 fat 40 pro

meal 5
    salad, shrimp, hb egg, evoo
    5 cho 14 fat 50 pro

meal 6
    cotage cheese, evoo, whey
    5cho, 10 fat 35 pro

total
    270 cho, 265 pro, 65 fat and about 2725 cals

and the only supps im using are a mix of gda powders with carb meals
    You're eating the right stuff and you got your diet down, you just need more. Calories have to go up. This is where the weight gainer comes into play and how you will notice really great results. Theres recipes all over to save you some cash if you dont feel like buying a gainer. 1 shake can bring in an extra 1k calories a day, which will yield better gains. Good luck bro

25. dont bother with the gainers,

do what your doing and add in 2-3teaspoons EVOO per meal, theres ur calories

your fat is still too low shoot for 90g per day MINIMUM

26. yeah i think id be better off money and health wise sticking to real foods and adding one tbsp of evoo to my prewo meal, 1 tbsp of coconut oil to post workout shake and an extra tbsp of evoo to my prebed shake. that would give me an extra 28g fat brining total up to above 100g and my cals would be at 3000. took some leg pics this morning and ill try and get an updated back shot up soon.

hopefully my quad starts getting more separated

27. Embrace the gut is all i can say, guys like you and me we can always cut fat..gaining muscle is the hard task- it becomes much easier IMO to gain muscle when I'm not worried about staying lean. Just pack pounds and when the weight is where you want it u can cut fat faster than probably anyone else on this forum, that's not a jab 'cause I'm probably next on that list lol... For more carbs buy a big bag of oat meal and eat 2 or 3 bowls a day with whole milk sweetened with honey.

oats have to be the cheapest clean carbs in the world lol
    Your fastest weight is your best weight

28. ill admit i dont gain fat as fast as i used to like back in high school but i ate like sh!t then too. but i do a fair amount of cardio and i think that is what enables me to stay fairly lean while putting on decent amount of weight at the same time. honestly i cant believe ive gained almost 50lb and still am as lean as i am. but if i was the weight i am now and when i put on another 50 lbs it will be a different story.

29. Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    yeah i think id be better off money and health wise sticking to real foods and adding one tbsp of evoo to my prewo meal, 1 tbsp of coconut oil to post workout shake and an extra tbsp of evoo to my prebed shake. that would give me an extra 28g fat brining total up to above 100g and my cals would be at 3000.
    I suggest homemade weight gainers, which usually consist of evoo, whey, oats, fruits etc...so I'm not sure how thats any different heathwise from what you usually eat. Only reason I suggested that is because its an easy 800-1000 calories, which would bring you upward at 3800 calories which = more gains. At your current stats you aren't going to have to worry about fat gains for a while IMO, plus you do cardio. I'm not an expert just sharing what worked for me. Keep up the good work though.

30. Gainer or not you can clearly add another 1000 cals into your diet and gain at a much faster rate with minimal fat gain, unless your happy at rate you going than stick to it, your diet looks good but it seems your just expending all the energy you put in if your goal is mass then eat like you want to gain mass. I dont see why this would put your health in any type of risk your eating 95 percent better than anyone in your position realistically its going to be extremely difficult for you to put on any appreciable muscle anytime soon without taking in allot more energy than your expending. Your goal is to get to 150 and the only ways your going to get there is to 1.EAT and 2. EAT some more i respect your idea to eat clean and try and stay lean but you are going to find in incredibly difficult reaching your goal in this manner. Just switching to red meats as opposed to chicken, tuna and shrimp would greatly improve your gains. -these all just MHO i have adopted through trial and error of what works best for me believe it or not before i started lifting i was 135lbs with the muscle of a 12 year old though i have used steroids eating is what got me where i am today period.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Journey
    By nateparker584 in forum Pics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 12:54 AM
  3. PCT suggestions (timing) wanted
    By Xpballer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 11:43 PM
  4. My journey through the 5/3/1