my journey to get to 150 criticizm and suggestions wanted

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
long story but if u read the little bit of background itll kinda explain it. but to sum it up i got that low ended up in the hospital because of three things. 1 working 12+ hrs a day graveyard, 2 i was getting 2 or 3 hrs of sleep or not sleeping at all for up to three or four days, and i basically was only eating once a day at midnight on my lunch break and besides that i would just drink redbulls, coffee, and redlines to stay awake and i slowly wasted away pretty much. i didnt get to 76 but 81 lbs. and at the time because of the heavy stim usage and lack of nutrition i pretty much didnt stop to notice what was happening till it was too late and when u get that malnourished and go that long on minimal sleep it truly puts ur brain in a completely altered state.
i responded to your statement above.

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
Keep up the good work! Definately some strong legs.
Everyone keeps saying drop all the supps, and eat - while I agree they are probably not needed, if they are helping you stay motivated, go for it. I noticed you mentioned 11-Oxo in there, and are not wanting to use anything hormonal right now. Pretty sure 11-Oxo can be suppressive.
Anyway, it's inspirational to see the turnaround in your life and congrats on your dedication to making the change.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Everyone keeps saying drop all the supps, and eat - while I agree they are probably not needed, if they are helping you stay motivated, go for it. I noticed you mentioned 11-Oxo in there, and are not wanting to use anything hormonal right now. Pretty sure 11-Oxo can be suppressive.
Anyway, it's inspirational to see the turnaround in your life and congrats on your dedication to making the change.
you're correct on 11-oxo.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
yeah 11-oxo can be suppressive but at a 75mg dose for purely cortisol control its not going to be anabolic in anyway and if it is suppressive it will be so minor that im not worried about it. and ive talked to a few people who are very knowledgeable on the topic of anabolics

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
thanks bro

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
good for you man!

I also used to be <120lbs and over the course of a few years years I made it to 160lbs at ~9%bf or so all natural. If i could do it all again I would have waited to start anabolics till much later too. So that is my first attempt to offer help. If i were doing it again I would set a min weight of 165lbs or more for your height before starting anabolics. If you can't get to 165lbs natural at <14%bf then anabolics won't help you.

second, are you slamming 2 weight gainer shakes a day? you are a lean mofo for sure and putting on bf sucks but I bet you will do much better if you completely stop worrying about putting on fat (eating clean of course) and just eat like it's your job. It will be very easy for you to bulk to 165lbs at 13%bf over the next year or two and then run a cut. that's a TON of supps too man, that's nuts!

looks good though, just be patient! gains will taper off!

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
i havent ever bought a weight gainer i usually just make my own concotions. but right now i can eat enough and still gain without having to rely on shakes. I do have a shake post workout and before bed but other than that i have 4 full meals a day. but i may end up buying one next semester , i have a cool schedule this semester but im gonna be away from my house most of the day next year so ill probably get one then . but i agree with u im sure i can get to 165, itll take awhile but itll be worth it no doubt

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
and also this month im goin basic on my GDA usage im just going to be using bulk banaba, ALA, and HCA in bulk that is very effective im finding and most people think HCA is only good for fat loss but when u dose it correctly with carb meals of course u get the BG lowering and the lipolytic effects but it doesnt hinder bulking at all. but also on the other hand it would be very good for cutting or just trying to stay lean while bulking which is my goal. I took my first dose of bulk HCA and i would compare it in potency to yellow gold but it has many more effects such as blocking the conversion of carbohydrate to fatty acids but since i took it with ala that activates the glut 4 so it forces the carbs into my muscles where i want them to be. and I feel solid right now so i kno im interested to see how my results compare versus using gbol or ap/pslin. and the bulk hca powder i got a really good deal on from leanbodyformulations.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
and also this month im goin basic on my GDA usage im just going to be using bulk banaba, ALA, and HCA in bulk that is very effective im finding and most people think HCA is only good for fat loss but when u dose it correctly with carb meals of course u get the BG lowering and the lipolytic effects but it doesnt hinder bulking at all. but also on the other hand it would be very good for cutting or just trying to stay lean while bulking which is my goal. I took my first dose of bulk HCA and i would compare it in potency to yellow gold but it has many more effects such as blocking the conversion of carbohydrate to fatty acids but since i took it with ala that activates the glut 4 so it forces the carbs into my muscles where i want them to be. and I feel solid right now so i kno im interested to see how my results compare versus using gbol or ap/pslin. and the bulk hca powder i got a really good deal on from leanbodyformulations.
interesting, id like to see the comparisons when you figure it out

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
heres a few things ive dug up so far, ill just paste the summary of the studies

Background
(-)-Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is an active ingredient extracted from the rind of the Indian fruit Garcinia cambogia. It inhibits adenosine triphosphate citrate lipase
CONCLUSION
Levels of serum insulin and leptin, as well as the leptin/WAT ratio, were lower in the treated mice than in the control. These findings suggested that G. cambogia extract efficiently improved glucose metabolism and displayed leptin-like activity.

G cambogia reduced abdominal fat accumulation in subjects, regardless of sex, who had the visceral fat accumulation type of obesity. No rebound effect was observed. It is therefore expected that G cambogia may be useful for the prevention and reduction of accumulation of visceral fat.

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
id say drop cardio period. eat everything possible you shouldnt have a point in the day you arent full to the brim wake up middle of rest to down a weight gainer you gotta have one with all the fing sups maybe instead of all those sups you need to be buying food if your eating plenty and getting enough rest from workouts theres not reason you cant get there even without all these supps thats just insane. left heavy and intense, low volume.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
id say drop cardio period. eat everything possible you shouldnt have a point in the day you arent full to the brim wake up middle of rest to down a weight gainer you gotta have one with all the fing sups maybe instead of all those sups you need to be buying food if your eating plenty and getting enough rest from workouts theres not reason you cant get there even without all these supps thats just insane. left heavy and intense, low volume.
im actually planning on dropping post workout cardio and doing only one day of cardio type stuff on off day. and for cardio thats either interval type stuff at the stadium by my house, playing soccer, running, biking.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't drop to once a week 3x a week! Cardio is super important for apetite and nutrient partioning and optimal blood flow to help with recovery

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More importanyly the better your cardio the more intrnse your workouts can be becuase your in better shape.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is an absolutely obscene amount of supplements. Far too excessive, in my very humble opinion.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It is insane but as of right now he just uses the essentials ithers are for later use. Always good to have to trade ect

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is insane but as of right now he just uses the essentials ithers are for later use. Always good to have to trade ect
To each his own, I suppose. My concern is not necessarily the actual supplements themselves, but rather: the mindset and attitude which goes into purchasing that many supplements. Too many people have a dependent neurosis with supplements; essentially using it as a crutch, so to speak. Simply my thoughts.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
76 lbs 8 months ago to 126 today... 1st thing i would do is get some blood work... you want to make sure you have proper organ function before you take more sups. It's easy to take chems that make you feel ok but being ok is something wholly different. 50lbs in 8 months is phenomenal weight gain, but must be brought into perspective @ 76lbs your body was starving that's why it packs on pounds so readily now... BUT a starving body shuts down systems to conserve resources, along with muscle loss you lose essential hormone production. I would submit to you that weightloss is not your problem, but rather that its the effect of the problem or cause. It's important to not just change the behavior or true problem but to identify any other effects that hard living may have caused. Sleep deprivation, Starvation, Chemical Self Medication - can result in diabetes, hypoglycemia, cardio-vascular disease, depression anxiety anemia various vitamin deficiencies which can lead to dry joints, osteoporosis, and a weak immune system, which then opens another can of worms.

Gaining a bunch of weight will put more strain on weak bodily systems perhaps highlighting imbalances already present. I'm not trying to neg anyone out just saying you gotta focus on whats not seen before focusing on what is seen. I love you like a play cousin brotha be healthy.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
i appreciate ur concern but believe me i have had just about every test on earth done to me while in and out of the hospital. ekg, sonagram, mri, x-rays, blood tests for everything from hormones, lipids, minerals, u name it i got it tested for the first 5 months once a month after leaving the hospital. i was on an iv for 6 days and they wouldnt release me until they knew for certain every organ in my body checked out. and i still get bloods done once a month for organ functions, lipids etc. and have a hormone panel scheduled in a month or so. but like crazyfool said i may have a ton of supps but i really dont use much more than bcaas, protein, multi, fishoil, a prewo here and there and the same postworkout mix of waxy, BA, creatine and bcaas. outside of that i use a test booster every so often but i hardly think my supplementation is trying to make up for a lack of work ethic, dedication, hard work and consistency because when it comes to my health and fitness thats number one to me. I could understand if i was someone who didnt take the time to plan meals, have a solid routine, always consistent, nd give 100% to my goals; then you could assume i relied to heavily on supplements. and this isnt directed at one person but rather just anyone who llooks at what i have and thinks wow that guy has too much **** and should just focus on lifting and eating. but I treat supplements as what they are, supplementary to a solid lifting, eating and lifestyle

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a question: if you do not use them frequently, why purchase such an exorbitant amount of supplements? In the last three pictures alone, I counted over thirty-seven different formulas - and several had duplicates. This type of compulsive buying was, more or less, what I was originally alluding to: a compulsive neurosis to buy, store and hoard supplements, and use them in every such combination; even, and sometimes especially, irrespective of how redundant the combination tends to be. I just see it as money spent better elsewhere. But, keep in mind I am not passing judgment, here, I simply "don't get it".

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
well the powders and stuff are all either protein, bcaas, creatine, BA, cit mal. and for the test boosters, ais, and ph I just bought either when they were on sale so i could use them later or i planned on trying one the next month or something like that. i hardly think i have a huge collection compared to some people that i see pictures of

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
well the powders and stuff are all either protein, bcaas, creatine, BA, cit mal. and for the test boosters, ais, and ph I just bought either when they were on sale so i could use them later or i planned on trying one the next month or something like that. i hardly think i have a huge collection compared to some people that i see pictures of
i would hold off on anything hormonal for a while.

its good that you're getting everything back in order, body wise i mean.
You have somewhat of an advantage. You're body was starved for so long, and now that its being fed consistently, food is the most anabolic thing you have.
You can definitely get to 150, if not heavier, while staying relatively lean...all naturally.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed on this!! Glad to hear you getting you life back on the right track there bud.. I been there before.. been a lazy pothead pill poping couch potatoe..lol.. but seriously good to hear your getting your head right.. oh and holy moly thats a lot of supps!!! and I thought I had alot.. damn

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
still at 125-126lb so ill be adding an extra tbsp of cocnut oil to my prewo oats nd see where im at at the end of the week. Im really loving this HCA as my sole GDA with some banaba and plain ala. my weight has been the same for two weeks but my waistline is about 1 inch smaller so im guessing i dropped some bf because strength is still climbing. today I was doing bb curls about 10lbs heavier than usual.
warm up 30lbx15
working sets
50x10x2
60x8x2
70x6x2
80x2

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
decided to put up some newer pics two are really blurry tho gotta get a new camera. my arms have grown about an inch or so hoping i can get them to 15inches. and the measurement of my arm was taken with a semi pump.
im at 128 right now prolly gained maybe half a bf% since i dont have as much vascularity but whatever.

gonna try and get a back and leg shot up when i can have someone take those for me.

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
shoulder are looking pretty vascular not sure if you mentioned but maybe you should add in a weight gain shake at bedtime never failed for putting weight on me i prefer to make my own but monstermass is pretty good solid ingredients anyways keep it up

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
since you're so lean, why not keep upping the cals until you see a little BF accumulate? You could afford a little BF is the result includes more LBM. Just my 2c.

matt352

Awards
  • Established
shoulder are looking pretty vascular not sure if you mentioned but maybe you should add in a weight gain shake at bedtime never failed for putting weight on me i prefer to make my own but monstermass is pretty good solid ingredients anyways keep it up
Agreed. That may have helped me pack on the most mass. Gainer right before you hit the bed works like a charm.

Nice progress man

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
yeah i dont have ne gainer shakes i just make 2 shakes a day one before bed and one pwo. and then 4 meals on top of that. heres what im eating today lemme kno what u guys think

meal 1/prewo
steel cut oats, 2 hb eggs, whey, coconut oil, banana
85cho 12 fat 50 pro

meal 2 pwo 1
30g wms, 20g oat powder 10g bcaa
50cho

pwo 2
whey,skim milk, banana,
25 cho 40 pro

ppwo
9 oz chicken breast, sweet potato, mixed veggies, evoo
70 cho 10 fat 48pro

meal 4
tuna sandwhich on ezekial bread with hummus
30 cho 20 fat 40 pro

meal 5
salad, shrimp, hb egg, evoo
5 cho 14 fat 50 pro

meal 6
cotage cheese, evoo, whey
5cho, 10 fat 35 pro

total
270 cho, 265 pro, 65 fat and about 2725 cals

and the only supps im using are a mix of gda powders with carb meals

matt352

Awards
  • Established
yeah i dont have ne gainer shakes i just make 2 shakes a day one before bed and one pwo. and then 4 meals on top of that. heres what im eating today lemme kno what u guys think

meal 1/prewo
steel cut oats, 2 hb eggs, whey, coconut oil, banana
85cho 12 fat 50 pro

meal 2 pwo 1
30g wms, 20g oat powder 10g bcaa
50cho

pwo 2
whey,skim milk, banana,
25 cho 40 pro

ppwo
9 oz chicken breast, sweet potato, mixed veggies, evoo
70 cho 10 fat 48pro

meal 4
tuna sandwhich on ezekial bread with hummus
30 cho 20 fat 40 pro

meal 5
salad, shrimp, hb egg, evoo
5 cho 14 fat 50 pro

meal 6
cotage cheese, evoo, whey
5cho, 10 fat 35 pro

total
270 cho, 265 pro, 65 fat and about 2725 cals

and the only supps im using are a mix of gda powders with carb meals
You're eating the right stuff and you got your diet down, you just need more. Calories have to go up. This is where the weight gainer comes into play and how you will notice really great results. Theres recipes all over to save you some cash if you dont feel like buying a gainer. 1 shake can bring in an extra 1k calories a day, which will yield better gains. Good luck bro

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dont bother with the gainers,

do what your doing and add in 2-3teaspoons EVOO per meal, theres ur calories

your fat is still too low shoot for 90g per day MINIMUM

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
yeah i think id be better off money and health wise sticking to real foods and adding one tbsp of evoo to my prewo meal, 1 tbsp of coconut oil to post workout shake and an extra tbsp of evoo to my prebed shake. that would give me an extra 28g fat brining total up to above 100g and my cals would be at 3000. took some leg pics this morning and ill try and get an updated back shot up soon.

hopefully my quad starts getting more separated

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Embrace the gut is all i can say, guys like you and me we can always cut fat..gaining muscle is the hard task- it becomes much easier IMO to gain muscle when I'm not worried about staying lean. Just pack pounds and when the weight is where you want it u can cut fat faster than probably anyone else on this forum, that's not a jab 'cause I'm probably next on that list lol... For more carbs buy a big bag of oat meal and eat 2 or 3 bowls a day with whole milk sweetened with honey.

oats have to be the cheapest clean carbs in the world lol

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
ill admit i dont gain fat as fast as i used to like back in high school but i ate like sh!t then too. but i do a fair amount of cardio and i think that is what enables me to stay fairly lean while putting on decent amount of weight at the same time. honestly i cant believe ive gained almost 50lb and still am as lean as i am. but if i was the weight i am now and when i put on another 50 lbs it will be a different story.

matt352

Awards
  • Established
yeah i think id be better off money and health wise sticking to real foods and adding one tbsp of evoo to my prewo meal, 1 tbsp of coconut oil to post workout shake and an extra tbsp of evoo to my prebed shake. that would give me an extra 28g fat brining total up to above 100g and my cals would be at 3000.
I suggest homemade weight gainers, which usually consist of evoo, whey, oats, fruits etc...so I'm not sure how thats any different heathwise from what you usually eat. Only reason I suggested that is because its an easy 800-1000 calories, which would bring you upward at 3800 calories which = more gains. At your current stats you aren't going to have to worry about fat gains for a while IMO, plus you do cardio. I'm not an expert just sharing what worked for me. Keep up the good work though.

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
Gainer or not you can clearly add another 1000 cals into your diet and gain at a much faster rate with minimal fat gain, unless your happy at rate you going than stick to it, your diet looks good but it seems your just expending all the energy you put in if your goal is mass then eat like you want to gain mass. I dont see why this would put your health in any type of risk your eating 95 percent better than anyone in your position realistically its going to be extremely difficult for you to put on any appreciable muscle anytime soon without taking in allot more energy than your expending. Your goal is to get to 150 and the only ways your going to get there is to 1.EAT and 2. EAT some more i respect your idea to eat clean and try and stay lean but you are going to find in incredibly difficult reaching your goal in this manner. Just switching to red meats as opposed to chicken, tuna and shrimp would greatly improve your gains. -these all just MHO i have adopted through trial and error of what works best for me believe it or not before i started lifting i was 135lbs with the muscle of a 12 year old though i have used steroids eating is what got me where i am today period.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
i appreciate ur input guys . I think i am just worried about gaining more fat than muscle but i think ur right i really dont have much to worry about in regard to getting fat. i think ill just up the cals to 3500 next week and see where that gets me in a month. and if im getting fat ill just keep the cals the same for another month and recomp a bit. the only reason i dont eat red meat is just because i dont like it to be honest , never have. but maybe its time to try something new. i mean im gaining on average about 1.1lbs every week in the last 9 months total. some weeks ill gain two or three and others itll be stagnate until i upp the cals . whats a realistic expectation of muscle to put on per week wihtout aas of course? i know the heavier i get the harder its going to be to gain muscle as i approach whatever my "genetic potential " is but whats your guys average weight gain per month when bulking natty

cloc

cloc

Awards
  • Established
Well when you first put on weight it seems you had a strong rebound/muscle memory effect if your putting on 2lbs a week that is very steady but you must realize each pound you gain is going to require you to use more energy, as for what others gain is not important because no one will gain the same naturally some guys can gain 15-30lbs in a month naturally freaks of course but i would say in your case you could gain 15-20lbs in 3-5 months if you stay motivated.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You really can't gain much more then 1-2 pounds naturally per month without adding more fat. To many calories cause increase in acetyl co a and fatty acid synthesis. Keep to minimum

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
You really can't gain much more then 1-2 pounds naturally per month without adding more fat. To many calories cause increase in acetyl co a and fatty acid synthesis. Keep to minimum
thats exactly why i think what im doing is good because i add calories each consecutive week in small intervals instead of jumping by 300-400 i add 100-150 cals a week and it seems like thats the best way to do it. albeit slower weight gain but i get slow and steady gains and fat is kept to a minimum. and no doubt the HCA has alot to do with my leaness

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea HCA got realllly interesting properties. It may be a factor that's contributing to u gaining what looks like zero fat. Keep up the good work 1-2 pounds per month is safe and healthy

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
i agree i kno forsure hca is what lets me eat the amount of carbs i do and not get fat. because even tho i do cardio and lift 5x week other than that i just sit on my ass and eat all day. especially since finals are over im really gonna just be lounging around till next semester

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
i agree i kno forsure hca is what lets me eat the amount of carbs i do and not get fat. because even tho i do cardio and lift 5x week other than that i just sit on my ass and eat all day. especially since finals are over im really gonna just be lounging around till next semester
Lounging is good, rest is good. Cardio is bad! stop doing cardio, you don't need to burn off those precious calories. Also, why no beef in your diet?

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
idk the only beef i ever eat is liver. like i said before to be honest i just dont really like beef, i never have. plus i usually just buy 15lbs of chicken breasts, 20lbs of shrimp,8 dozen eggs, and tuna in the begining of the month and then i buy liver whenever im in the mood for it.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cardio is bad? Hell no. That's best way to keep ur appetite up and help with insulin sensitoivity and nutrient partioning. Keep cardio 3x a week HIIT. And the rest light walking

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
Cardio is bad? Hell no. That's best way to keep ur appetite up and help with insulin sensitoivity and nutrient partioning. Keep cardio 3x a week HIIT. And the rest light walking
No, for bulking cardio is going to slow down weight gain. The poor dude is 128 pounds and looks about 6% bodyfat. he doesn't need to be doing cardio. Want to keep an appetite? try heavy lifting. Want to lose pregnancy weight? try light walking.