Antibiotics and Abscesses

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    I posted in the brief also, but this looks fine. It won't affect your dosage and the ceph dose is so small, the doc must not think the infection is very bad at all. You're just fine I think. How long is the course?
    he prescribed me a 5 day dosage with 1 refill, if I thought I needed it. I'm going to get the refill and use it because I honestly forgot to take it here and there for the first run through. I'm just afraid of becoming infected with more resilient bacteria


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx
    he prescribed me a 5 day dosage with 1 refill, if I thought I needed it. I'm going to get the refill and use it because I honestly forgot to take it here and there for the first run through. I'm just afraid of becoming infected with more resilient bacteria
    Well, maybe you got away with it this time. If it's been several days or a week and you feel better, there is likely no need to keep dosing. Of course I highly suggest consistent dosing in the future because constant blood levels are very important with serious infection. Go ahead and get the refill. It doesn't hurt to have it handy, even if you don't use it this time.
    •   
       


  3. i have recently stumbled upon this thread and was then redirected to the sticky up top. i would just like to say that they both have scared me and helped me out tremendously. these thread really covered something a lot of people should know about but dont (or didn't in my case).

    cough*now if only someone happened to accidently let it slip out where to get some of these products via PM that would be great*cough

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    cough*now if only someone happened to accidently let it slip out where to get some of these products via PM that would be great*cough
    Haha.. You got mail. (for your dog, chicken, swine and horse care needs only, of course)

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    Well, maybe you got away with it this time. If it's been several days or a week and you feel better, there is likely no need to keep dosing. Of course I highly suggest consistent dosing in the future because constant blood levels are very important with serious infection. Go ahead and get the refill. It doesn't hurt to have it handy, even if you don't use it this time.
    Thanks so much Dr.D!

    The size went down to 10% of what it was. I got the refill and will have it on hand in case it becomes enlarged in the future.

  6. I'm allergic to amoxicillin, minocin, and erythromycin. What antibiotics would I be safe using if I develop an infection?

  7. Doxycycline and Penecillin were too weak for my umbilicus (cogenital) infection / abcess that reoccurs for me.

    Amoxicillin killed it the first time. The second time it had no effect.


    I was bumped to Bactrin, and that is now taking it out. Designed specifically for resistant staph strains.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by leetuser View Post
    I'm allergic to amoxicillin, minocin, and erythromycin. What antibiotics would I be safe using if I develop an infection?
    It all depends on the unique situation and circumstances of the possible infection at hand. Are talking cellulitis/abscess treatment?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  9. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Doxycycline and Penecillin were too weak for my umbilicus (cogenital) infection / abcess that reoccurs for me.

    Amoxicillin killed it the first time. The second time it had no effect.


    I was bumped to Bactrin, and that is now taking it out. Designed specifically for resistant staph strains.
    If resistance was found to amox, bactrim should do the job. Situations like this is why it's important to culture the abscess to assess for resistance and treat accordingly.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  10. This is the reason I quit buying off the black market. To many fakes out there. I ended up with a huge abscess on my leg. The nurse freaked out when I dropped my pants and showed it to her. What was funny is when she asked me how I got it. She tried to get me to tell her where I got the gear LOL. Better be careful and make sure you are getting from a reputable source and that it is what it says it is. They updated my tetnis shot and gave me a shot of antibiotics and it cleared mine up. They told me if that didn't do it they would have to cut it open and drain it.
    •   
       


  11. somebody please pm me a source for antibiotics...appreciate it.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
    Wondering what type of antibiotics would be best for persons to keep on-hand to stave off an infection during a cycle? Would Doxycycline or Cipro be good? Or should one go with penicillin? Are there other types?
    I would definitely say Cipro and Amox based on personal experiences. Cipro is a little more hardcore and will be more harsh on your GI track. If taking Cipro, I would definitely recommend taking pro biotics along with.

  13. Im in the Navy.. Im a Corpsman.. I love IND's. Best way to treat that ****!!! When in doubt cut it out!! j/k but really IND's are nasty and not comfy... I had to do one on a pt who had it on his *******
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Advice on Prime - Antibiotics and Flu
    By Hockey Rulz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 06:36 PM
  2. Antibiotics and PH or SCM
    By Cerberus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 12:29 AM
  3. Antibiotics and Pheraplex?
    By Synicus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
  4. antibiotics and 1ad will it get cancelled out?
    By BigMatty in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 08:16 PM
  5. antibiotics and gear
    By bionicBC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Log in
Log in