Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    bump the amox

I've got a ****load sitting at my house.

My g/f als has a HUGE thing of penicillin VX...what the hell is VX? (Her dad is a dentist so he writes scripts for all kinds of crap to keep around the house.)
    Pen V is good stuff too. It's just the a-phenoxymethyl version of pen whereas the G is the benzyl version. They are the two major ones out of many different pens. So it's all good bro! I'd keep that g-friend if her dad is liberal with the scripts
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    Pen V is good stuff too. It's just the a-phenoxymethyl version of pen whereas the G is the benzyl version. They are the two major ones out of many different pens. So it's all good bro! I'd keep that g-friend if her dad is liberal with the scripts
    LOL. I've been with her for three years and he hardly talks to me--and she says that he likes me, too. LOL.

I'll just have to wait till I'm done med school if I want script stuff And, right now I'm still in UG Schol, so I've got a ways to go hehehehe

Maybe I'll steal some of her peni
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    WOW I did not know you were suppose to swab for 15 seconds. Damn the little alcohol pads would be lint by then. But I do use antibacterial soap and was the entire area for about 20 seconds followed by rubbing the area with 1 alcohol pad then opening another one and rub the area again.

Dr. I have always wondered if you should cover the rubber stopper between shots. It just seems that all sorts of bacteria would land on it. I wipe it 2 or 3 times with an alcohol wipe, is that enough?
    Yeah that's all I do, just hold the swap on there firm for 15sec, then wipe as I remove it. After you withdraw the shot, wipe the surface again so no drug residue is left on it and then restore it. I don't bother to cover it then, just keep it in a ziplock inbetween uses.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

More good information thrown into this scrapbook I call a brain
    You are developing a very well rounded scrapbook brother! Keep listening to me and it will turn into a useless 'crapbook' of endless facts
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

LOL. I've been with her for three years and he hardly talks to me--and she says that he likes me, too. LOL.

I'll just have to wait till I'm done med school if I want script stuff And, right now I'm still in UG Schol, so I've got a ways to go hehehehe

Maybe I'll steal some of her peni
    When you finally graduate, I'm gonna need a new doc, you know that right? I'll be your first pateint! But I warn you, I have "issues"... but you already knew that
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%

I'm thinking of radiology. I hear that many of them are working from their houses these days But, I'm sure I can still write you your script for Test
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

I'm thinking of radiology. I hear that many of them are working from their houses these days But, I'm sure I can still write you your script for Test
    Work at a reactor, I majored in Nuclear too, and will not practice nuc med from a hosp or my home (the GM/GC keeps clicking like mad everytime I walk in the door... J/J) But the good money is north-east with power or experimental reactors. By then my test levels should be nil, and I'll call my good 'ol buddy Kwyckemynd00!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.94%

800mg/wk sound like good HRT dose?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

800mg/wk sound like good HRT dose?
    Well.... OK. That sound reasonable, I guess
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

OK guys, finally got around to posting my AB brief, I feel like I probably left a bunch of stuff out that you may still have questions on, but I just wanted to get something out there for now because it seems a lot of infections are occuring these days! Please feel free to note these additional questions, so I can continue to update with new, more and better guidelines answering specific questions I may have neglected to include. Thanks for your patience, I've been really swamped.
  12. Get big or die trying
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.6%

just read through it and it's a very informative post. Thanks very much.

One quick question. If one were to get an infection from injecting a small particle into themselves would these antibiotics be the only thing necessary. Would the body be able to get rid of the particle on its own, or would some type of surgery be necessary.

I understand you would still need to use the AB's to kill the infection, but can the body rid itself of the particle w/out surgery.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    just read through it and it's a very informative post. Thanks very much.

One quick question. If one were to get an infection from injecting a small particle into themselves would these antibiotics be the only thing necessary. Would the body be able to get rid of the particle on its own, or would some type of surgery be necessary.

I understand you would still need to use the AB's to kill the infection, but can the body rid itself of the particle w/out surgery.
    It can rid itself of some particulates, and small oral, daily doses of graphite are able to achieve this long term. But if your talking about a butyl or teflon particle that is loose in your vial from the septum, it's basically there to stay. It is chemically inert and may expell very slowly. A short term corticoid is good (like Prednisolone @ 5-10mg/d) untill the swelling dies, but if infection has compounded it, corticoids are to be avoided and a NSAI/AB stack is best. Once your immune system calms down, it just forms a small cystic scar over the particle and it probably won't bother you again. I am sure we all have these. That's why I never use lower than a 22g point to brew or extract with because it destroys the septa so quickly. All of us that inject probably remember a time when a shot hurt for no good reason. It may have gotten hot at the site but not raised, and then been gone in a week or so. That's probably all it was. Persistant pain or large particles that can not be broken down may need surgical help, but it can work itself out with time in many cases right through the very spot that it entered with shallow injections.
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.56%

I agree with you on that Dr. D.. but I have managed to use a 20g without destroying the septum of the vial... I guess I have been lucky I guess..
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    I agree with you on that Dr. D.. but I have managed to use a 20g without destroying the septum of the vial... I guess I have been lucky I guess..
    Yeah, I love the 20's too! But it seems every other time, I screw up the sep. It seems to happen more with the cheap, flat red ones and less with the more expensive grey one. But the grey ones seem to leak worse while the red ones seem to repair much faster, so who knows. I still haven't figured out the best way. The teflon undercoated ones work well, but you have to try and hit the sep in a different spot every time to avoid jagging up under it. I'm seriously thinking about just heating my vials with a mild peroxide solution in a baby bottle warmer so that it can draw easy with high gauge points from now on.
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.56%

I have noticed that about the grey ones.. I don't have any of the reds left... I like the idea of the peroxide and the baby warmer... what I need to get is a small beaker.. like a 50 ml size or maybe just alittle bigger.. just right for heating
  17. Get big or die trying
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.6%

It can rid itself of some particulates, and small oral, daily doses of graphite are able to achieve this long term. But if your talking about a butyl or teflon particle that is loose in your vial from the septum, it's basically there to stay. It is chemically inert and may expell very slowly. A short term corticoid is good (like Prednisolone @ 5-10mg/d) untill the swelling dies, but if infection has compounded it, corticoids are to be avoided and a NSAI/AB stack is best. Once your immune system calms down, it just forms a small cystic scar over the particle and it probably won't bother you again. I am sure we all have these. That's why I never use lower than a 22g point to brew or extract with because it destroys the septa so quickly. All of us that inject probably remember a time when a shot hurt for no good reason. It may have gotten hot at the site but not raised, and then been gone in a week or so. That's probably all it was. Persistant pain or large particles that can not be broken down may need surgical help, but it can work itself out with time in many cases right through the very spot that it entered with shallow injections.
    Thank you Doc. You would think that w/the technology available today that someone would be able to come up w/a stopper that would get rid of these problems. I've never used the teflon coated stoppers, but will be giving them a shot as soon as sldge gets them up on his site.
  18. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

up for safety
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%

Size is correct about the ceph. If you take every 4hr as you should, then 250mg is usually good and yields 1.5g/d, but if you do it sloppy only every 6hr, then take 500mg to give a total of 2g/d. Plus, always take a double with your initial dose. An anti-B course is generally 1 or 2 weeks or even months sometimes. 10days is usually effective in my experience for most apps. Don't stop prematurely. Keep going for a few days even after you think your better.

I promise I'll get something together very soon as far as a sticky goes. Thanx for the patience guys.
    230lbs and had cephalexin prescribed 250mg 4X a day for 10 days for a skin infection. Should be noted that my infection is not from pinning, but I don't think that would affect dosage
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx
    230lbs and had cephalexin prescribed 250mg 4X a day for 10 days for a skin infection. Should be noted that my infection is not from pinning, but I don't think that would affect dosage
    I posted in the brief also, but this looks fine. It won't affect your dosage and the ceph dose is so small, the doc must not think the infection is very bad at all. You're just fine I think. How long is the course?
  21. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%

I posted in the brief also, but this looks fine. It won't affect your dosage and the ceph dose is so small, the doc must not think the infection is very bad at all. You're just fine I think. How long is the course?
    he prescribed me a 5 day dosage with 1 refill, if I thought I needed it. I'm going to get the refill and use it because I honestly forgot to take it here and there for the first run through. I'm just afraid of becoming infected with more resilient bacteria
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgylx
    he prescribed me a 5 day dosage with 1 refill, if I thought I needed it. I'm going to get the refill and use it because I honestly forgot to take it here and there for the first run through. I'm just afraid of becoming infected with more resilient bacteria
    Well, maybe you got away with it this time. If it's been several days or a week and you feel better, there is likely no need to keep dosing. Of course I highly suggest consistent dosing in the future because constant blood levels are very important with serious infection. Go ahead and get the refill. It doesn't hurt to have it handy, even if you don't use it this time.
  23. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.74%

i have recently stumbled upon this thread and was then redirected to the sticky up top. i would just like to say that they both have scared me and helped me out tremendously. these thread really covered something a lot of people should know about but dont (or didn't in my case).

cough*now if only someone happened to accidently let it slip out where to get some of these products via PM that would be great*cough
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    cough*now if only someone happened to accidently let it slip out where to get some of these products via PM that would be great*cough
    Haha.. You got mail. (for your dog, chicken, swine and horse care needs only, of course)
  25. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%

Well, maybe you got away with it this time. If it's been several days or a week and you feel better, there is likely no need to keep dosing. Of course I highly suggest consistent dosing in the future because constant blood levels are very important with serious infection. Go ahead and get the refill. It doesn't hurt to have it handy, even if you don't use it this time.
    Thanks so much Dr.D!

The size went down to 10% of what it was. I got the refill and will have it on hand in case it becomes enlarged in the future.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.86%

I'm allergic to amoxicillin, minocin, and erythromycin. What antibiotics would I be safe using if I develop an infection?
  27. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Doxycycline and Penecillin were too weak for my umbilicus (cogenital) infection / abcess that reoccurs for me.

Amoxicillin killed it the first time. The second time it had no effect.

I was bumped to Bactrin, and that is now taking it out. Designed specifically for resistant staph strains.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by leetuser View Post
    I'm allergic to amoxicillin, minocin, and erythromycin. What antibiotics would I be safe using if I develop an infection?
    It all depends on the unique situation and circumstances of the possible infection at hand. Are talking cellulitis/abscess treatment?

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Doxycycline and Penecillin were too weak for my umbilicus (cogenital) infection / abcess that reoccurs for me.

Amoxicillin killed it the first time. The second time it had no effect.

I was bumped to Bactrin, and that is now taking it out. Designed specifically for resistant staph strains.
    If resistance was found to amox, bactrim should do the job. Situations like this is why it's important to culture the abscess to assess for resistance and treat accordingly.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%

This is the reason I quit buying off the black market. To many fakes out there. I ended up with a huge abscess on my leg. The nurse freaked out when I dropped my pants and showed it to her. What was funny is when she asked me how I got it. She tried to get me to tell her where I got the gear LOL. Better be careful and make sure you are getting from a reputable source and that it is what it says it is. They updated my tetnis shot and gave me a shot of antibiotics and it cleared mine up. They told me if that didn't do it they would have to cut it open and drain it.
  31. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.48%

somebody please pm me a source for antibiotics...appreciate it.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
    Wondering what type of antibiotics would be best for persons to keep on-hand to stave off an infection during a cycle? Would Doxycycline or Cipro be good? Or should one go with penicillin? Are there other types?
    I would definitely say Cipro and Amox based on personal experiences. Cipro is a little more hardcore and will be more harsh on your GI track. If taking Cipro, I would definitely recommend taking pro biotics along with.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%

Im in the Navy.. Im a Corpsman.. I love IND's. Best way to treat that ****!!! When in doubt cut it out!! j/k but really IND's are nasty and not comfy... I had to do one on a pt who had it on his *******

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice on Prime - Antibiotics and Flu
    By Hockey Rulz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 06:36 PM
  2. Antibiotics and PH or SCM
    By Cerberus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 12:29 AM
  3. Antibiotics and Pheraplex?
    By Synicus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
  4. antibiotics and 1ad will it get cancelled out?
    By BigMatty in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 08:16 PM
  5. antibiotics and gear
    By bionicBC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 02:09 PM