5 Foods That Suppress Your Appetite

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
5 Foods That Suppress Your Appetite

The cold and ugly truth about weight loss is that you will be hungry some of the time. While there are many tactics to reduce hunger--from avoiding refined carbohydrates to meal-timing strategies--the best may be finding food and beverages you can consume when you're feeling intense hunger pains that don't have a lot of calories, reports NewsTarget.com.

These 5 foods really do control your appetite and suppress cravings--without adding calories:

Water or broth
Green leafy vegetables, including lettuce, cabbage, and bokchoy
Homemade instant banana pudding
Pickles
Apples

The idea is that if you eat two cups of anything, your tummy will thank you by turning off those gnawing hunger pains. But if the two cups of food is cabbage instead of cashews--20 calories vs. 900 calories--you have succeeded in curbing your appetite without incurring a lot of calories, notes NewsTarget. That's the idea behind appetite control foods.

Appetite Control Food No. 1: Water or Broth
Fresh drinking water--from a tap or bottle--is a powerful appetite suppressant. NewsTarget says if you drink 8 oz. of water at the first sign of hunger and then wait 10 minutes, you'll almost always suppress your appetite. If water doesn't work for you, drink organic vegetable (or chicken) broth. Heat it up a quart at a time, and for only 20 calories you'll be full.

Appetite Control Food No. 2: Green Leafy Vegetables
Lettuce, cabbage, bokchoy, and other green leafy vegetables have so few calories that you don't even need to count them, but they will fill your tummy and turn off the hunger signals to your brain. Don't like to eat them plain? Add a low-calorie salad dressing (look for one that is 25 calories per tablespoon) and enjoy. Or, stir-fry the veggies in water. Add onions, garlic, and soy sauce for more flavor.

Appetite Control Food No. 3: Instant Banana Pudding
Don't look for this in the grocery store. You have to make it yourself. Purchase the ingredients from a health food store. Here's the recipe from NewsTarget.com:

Pour a quart of soy milk into a blender. Add two scoops of unsweetened banana-flavored simply natural spirutein soy protein powder. Add stevia powder as a sweetener. Blend. While the blender is running, add 1/2 tablespoon of guar gum powder and 1/2 tablespoon of xanthan gum powder, both of which are thickeners.

Appetite Control Food No. 4: Pickles
Buy natural pickles only, avoiding those with added sugars and artificial food coloring. An entire jar of pickles has only 50 calories.

Appetite Control Food No. 5: Apples
Apples do have a few calories and a few carbs, but they will fill you up for quite a while, which will stop you from eating more calorie-dense foods, notes NewsTarget. The bulky fiber of apples will fill you up before you overeat.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats why I drink so much water in between meals, it helps me from cheating!!!!!! Sometimes I get so weak and water is my savior.