Do you eat the whole egg or just the white?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. im starting to be a fan of the cottage cheese and eggs, although i like it pan fried rather than nuked. i usually use 4 whole eggs and two extra egg whites with about half a cup of cottage cheese, scramble it then pour hot sauce on and enjoy

2. i tried cooking eggs with cottage cheese a few times and it just comes out too runny

I just have the cottage cheese on the side of my eggs
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    No yolk at all. I don't need all the cholesterol and I sure the hell ain't eating them raw
    Yeah, one egg has an entire day's allowance of cholesterol in it. Granted, as generally larger indviduals, we can probably tolerate a bit more cholesterol. Still, why push it?

I generally have 5 whites and 2 yolks. Throw on a slice of cheese and some pepper, and it's good to go.

4. wait.. so the yellow bit has cholesterol in it?
    I totally cant eat anymore of those. gross

5. Dietary cholesterol is not a problem. It's the 4.5 grams of fat in each one that I don't need a ton of. I like fat but I also like to control my intake and the whites are such a great protein source it only makes sense to change up the ratio of yolk to whites to tailer to my diets praticular needs. Nobody said nature was perfect.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
    •   

6. For the raw eggs, it might be a good idea to supplement with biotin or maybe to at least cook the egg whites.

Raw eggs contain avidin (found in the whites), which is going to find whatever biotin it can come across and bind it unless the avidin is denatured through cooking.

The biotin-avidin binding affinity is one of the highest in nature (as in 1 free biotin molecule out 10^15 when in the presence of excess avidin). You definitely don't want an excess of avidin in your diet.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mtruther
    For the raw eggs, it might be a good idea to supplement with biotin or maybe to at least cook the egg whites.

Raw eggs contain avidin (found in the whites), which is going to find whatever biotin it can come across and bind it unless the avidin is denatured through cooking.

The biotin-avidin binding affinity is one of the highest in nature (as in 1 free biotin molecule out 10^15 when in the presence of excess avidin). You definitely don't want an excess of avidin in your diet.
    That is a good reason to include a yolk or two with your raw whites. Egg yolks have one of the highest levels of biotin per serving (second only to liver which is also best raw, right out of the animal!).
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by PumpYouUp
    Just wondering who else eats whole eggs? Also why do some take the yoke out? Also wondering what are some good ways are to mix up how your eat your eggs. I usally just scramble or fry them and place on top of a sandwich. I appreciate any input from you guys! thanks.

Pubmed article lists a couple reasons to eat the yolk too.
    One is because the fat is needed to process the protein.
    Something about there being a health risk by eating lots of protein without fat. Now how much yolk or fat needed is I guess individual to each person. But from papers, apparently the nutrients and minerals are in the yolk, only half the protein in the white. Also, something about salmonela being only in the white and not the yolk. And since some feel over cooking the whites degrades the protein, salmonela might be an issue if under cooked.

But ultimately, your goals determine whether you do alot of the yolks or not. If Bulking and in need of more cals, Fat from eggs is one of the best ways to go besides the fat in whole milk. It's anabolic.

Needing to lean out, cut back on the yolks eventhough Arnold said fat in eggs should be kept and to reduce fat elsewhere in the diet. However, if you have cholesterol issues, eventhough egg fat doesn't effect bad LDL in a negative way, you probably would wanna be careful with this just like protein intake if you had liver issues.

9. I tend to eat both the egg and the white. I have some small cartons of pasturized egg whites. If I'm in a hurry, I'll throw anywhere from 2-6 in my morning protein shake. They have no taste and actually make the shake smoother.

10. I think that I'm having too much avidin or something in my diet. I have been eating about 30 whites in day.

Couple of my friends have complained that I smell terrible. Haha. I'm pretty sure that I haven't changed anything else in my diet except added tons of egg whites. I guess I have to go back to normal and stay with about 10 whites a day.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    I just do the egg white liquid cartons from costco, cheap and effective.
    I knew I joined that place for a reason. Gotta go get these. Sweet.

Zavijava, dude it's the eggs. My Dad smells like you.

12. Quote Originally Posted by big boi 1906
    Something about there being a health risk by eating lots of protein without fat. .
    They are probably talking about "protien poisoning". Basically if you were to eat nothing but protien for weeks, it messes you up.

13. I usualy just boil them and eat the white. When in need of yolk(bulking) I just make an omlet like others have posted. Throw in some fat free cheese and lean meat. Nice meal to start off with.

14. boil 10 a day and munch em through out the day as a craving stopper. I personally eat 1 whole egg at a time and throw half the yolk. doing this stops the bordom of just the white rubber..

15. So can you explaind this avidin biotin stuff in 17 year old speak?

Do i need to eat the whites, the yolks, or both and in what ratio?

Thanks!

16. I eat generic egg beaters, kroger brand, I use generic pam butter flavored and scramble it all up in a generic pan, on my generic stove.

I'm so generic.(cheap(poor))

17. Eat the whole thing , The lipids help burn fat

18. awesome. thanks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do you eat your eggs? How many do you eat a day?
    By FranARG in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 01:16 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 04:20 PM
  3. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 05:48 PM
  4. What do you eat in the middle of the night?
    By pcn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
  5. Do you perfer to frontload test or use dbol?
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 11:16 AM