Is eating from plastic 6 containers okay?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat a lot of yogurt and notice they all come from plastic 6 containers now. Obviously the hard shell plastic is more stable than the foam. I'm just wondering if it's okay to eat from it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I eat a lot of yogurt and notice they all come from plastic 6 containers now. Obviously the hard shell plastic is more stable than the foam. I'm just wondering if it's okay to eat from it.
You been starting alot of strange threads lately lol

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
You been starting alot of strange threads lately lol
Maybe that plastic is getting to his head...

- - - - -
OP you should be just fine eating yogurt from a plastic container

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eating from plastic containers should be fine, but I’d advise not eating the plastic containers themselves. I’d say it’s usually not good to leave plastic containers in the heat/sun for extended periods of time, but I’d hope you’re not leaving yogurt in the heat/sun regardless of what container it’s in.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's polystyrene. The only concern is using it in the microwave and even that concern is often exagerated.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right. I read some companies add the yogurt mix to the containers when it's already hot. Thankfully, I found out the brand(Choboni) I use doesn't.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right. I read some companies add the yogurt mix to the containers when it's already hot. Thankfully, I found out the brand(Choboni) I use doesn't.
I honestly wouldn't loss sleep over it. Some misguided "experts" who think there is poison in everything will say it's dangerous, but if you just use it as intended, you'll be fine.